More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
48 Hours at Desert Point
https://issuu.com/andyford/docs/48hoursatdesertpoint
Eddie would go
Agree re Reevso Camel, always in the lineup and still ripping and getting the best set waves!
AWesome read TGF, loved it.
Hello hippys, I am wondering if the Craig Walgers you mention is my uncle. Can you give me any more information as I would be interested to find out if it is him. I never met him and he has passed away.
@Abs,
Without speaking for Hippys I'd be almost positive he is referring to him. Only one fella of note named Craig Walgers in surfdom that I'm aware of. Standout QLD junior of the early to mid-80s. Contemporary to Kong, in fact Craig was his Gold Coast connection and Kong lived with him when he first moved down from the Sunny Coast.
Surfed Cloudbreak with Chris the other day SD. Nice fella, lovely style.
Smooth, aye Stunet..... Pretty mean pool player, too.....
What was Cloudbreak like Stu ?
Crowded ?
Fucken unreal. For some reason our boat driver didn't want to leave till 7:30 in the morning so we got out there a fair while after sun up. At the time I didn't mind too much, with it being a new swell I figured there'd be an armada of boats in the channel, but rocked up and there was just one boat and a lone goofyfoot in the line up getting shacked senseless.
Reckon I broke all records getting my fins in that morning. Surfed for a while with just a handful of us, the crowd slowly increasing, topping out around 20-25 guys. Wasnt a hassle though, only a few fellas were going the sets.
So yeah, it was pretty damn good and it wasn't too crowded.
Sounds good.
That's the life.
sidthefish,
Are you still around??? this thread was a while ago ... I am trying to contact Keith Martin, mention above in this discussion ... for a 50th reunion. could you please email me at david_in_oz@hotmail.com and sent me your email so I might swap phone numbers with you so we can have a yarn??
David
brutus,
Are you still around??? this thread was a while ago ... I am trying to contact Keith Martin, mention above in this discussion ... for a 50th reunion. could you please email me at david_in_oz@hotmail.com and sent me your email so I might swap phone numbers with you so we can have a yarn??
David
Apologies for reviving a long dead thread but I picked up two boards the other day, both 7’ ish tube shooters… one is a T n C Robert Fenech and the other is a dimensionless and totally blank Les Norrish. Both of their names appear in the early pages of this thread. Will restore and ride at the appropriate locations, hope to have them ready for next season.
Unreal cylinders, Les was a great bloke, took me up to gnaraloo from the bluff back in 82 . I had no car and as a 20 yo was the youngest in camp . He use to run down feral goats with his dog and cook em up , delicious . R.I.P . Les Norrish
Sick, this is exactly the type of response I was hoping to see. Was up there for the August run of west swells this year, it was a bodysurfing focused trip which went well but next year I'll get a bomb on the Norrish for sure.
Two absolute pearlers in the lifestyle, albeit from different spheres of influence. Norro & Gyppo, in my personal observations were the ultimate style/core lords waaay before that was even a thing. So fvcking WORTHY!
Both these guy's should be automatically included in legend status when scoping the grass roots DNA of underground real deals.Fact.
Could elaborate on personal experiences however it would be so remiss of me, I was but a pissant in their Oddysey's.
Happy to have shared a line up with em both. Wish I still could ...
Showing my age here. Jonno Hinks, Reevso, Murph, Gravelle, Roger Mathews, Chris Woods, Marty Ryan, Peter Hoskins (knee board), Mick Tomlinson.