Get better surf forecasts and support an independent surf business. No ads. No corporate backing.
Swellnet is owned by surfers, not corporations. Subscribers keep our independent content, forecasts and surfcam network running - with no ads for anyone.
Got the 6'8 SU(can't not at these legit discounts) and loads of advice from the man himself. Now on to fin explorations.
Island Bay
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 04:59 pm
new
Your fav quad set
udo
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 05:00 pm
new
Supafreak wrote:
And now my head is having a laugh , it knows I have a problem when it comes to buying new boards. I wont say how much udo but he really looked after me as I paid full price on the 6’10”
W W is a farkn Good Man
There will be NO D.S. left by tmoro am...
Doublems111
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 05:01 pm
new
Doublems111 wrote:
Got the 6'8 SU(can't not at these legit discounts) and loads of advice from the man himself. Now on to fin explorations.
ALL suggestions welcomed re fins
Island Bay
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 05:07 pm
new
Doublems111 wrote:
Doublems111 wrote:
Got the 6'8 SU(can't not at these legit discounts) and loads of advice from the man himself. Now on to fin explorations.
ALL suggestions welcomed re fins
Your fav quads. Don't over fin it.
Futures EA is the good wave quad gold standard. I personally also love Captain Fin McCallum quads. These ones, honeycomb and all the same size: https://www.captainfin.com.au/products/mccallum-quad
udo
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 05:15 pm
new
Been covered here already...
Which Boxes do you have ?
Island Bay
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 05:10 pm
new
These are great too. G-10, so a bit heavier, but very very nicely made and foiled.
@ island bay on the 6’10” I’ve got fcs2 plugs as that’s what all my boards are and I’m going to try some H4 quads that I like . With the 7’6” stock board being futures Wayne has put me onto some fibreglass proto types he’s in partnership with , he really is a good bloke to deal with .
Doublems111
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 05:30 pm
new
udo wrote:
Been covered here already...
Which Boxes do you have ?
I hear ya Udo but comments look from years ago in clusters and Thank IB. Seems the general gist is definitely Quads (EA and smaller back fins or at least some foil). I have futures on the DS, my only future fins are AM2 thrusters. Options are?:
EA, stretch, F6(suggested as neutrals) or just buy the rears for the AM2. Learning as I go as I'm actually a thruster guy and fcs by marketplace/gumtree default...
Doublems111
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 05:35 pm
new
Best move may be to start on what I have and see what I'm wanting to tweak. IE loosen, more drive, too much fin. All comments make me think I would need invest in quads for a true appreciation.
Island Bay
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 05:51 pm
new
If you can find a set of Stretch quads for not too much $$ I'd try those too.
I love AM2 (thruster) in many boards (Ghost in particular), but my DSs (both 6'4 and 6'10) have been noticably faster as quads.
udo
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 05:49 pm
new
Stretch Quad sets often pop up for $100 or less.
freeride76
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 05:55 pm
new
Start with the EA quads and go from there.
Island Bay
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 06:15 pm
new
Supafreak wrote:
@ island bay on the 6’10” I’ve got fcs2 plugs as that’s what all my boards are and I’m going to try some H4 quads that I like . With the 7’6” stock board being futures Wayne has put me onto some fibreglass proto types he’s in partnership with , he really is a good bloke to deal with .
What are they? Very curious.
And yes, he's a good man.
Supafreak
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 06:29 pm
new
Island Bay wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
@ island bay on the 6’10” I’ve got fcs2 plugs as that’s what all my boards are and I’m going to try some H4 quads that I like . With the 7’6” stock board being futures Wayne has put me onto some fibreglass proto types he’s in partnership with , he really is a good bloke to deal with .
What are they? Very curious.
And yes, he's a good man.
I will let you know when I pick up the boards next week, I just asked if he sold fins as all my boards are fcs and he kindly is giving me this new fin he’s helping develop and just asked for feedback on how they go .
dastasha
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 08:17 pm
new
udo wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
And now my head is having a laugh , it knows I have a problem when it comes to buying new boards. I wont say how much udo but he really looked after me as I paid full price on the 6’10”
W W is a farkn Good Man
There will be NO D.S. left by tmoro am...
I considered a 7'6 but it won't fit in my boardbag and I want to be able to duckdive
etarip
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 08:44 pm
new
Just sent an order request via the website. How long does it usually take to come back?
Bnkref
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 08:51 pm
new
He’s responsive on the phone. I’d follow up with a call tomorrow if you’re trying to lock something in quickly.
As mentioned on here a month or two ago, I picked up a 6’6 DS step up (slimmer stock size) recently. Love it. Really nice board.
etarip
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 08:54 pm
new
Bnkref wrote:
He’s responsive on the phone. I’d follow up with a call tomorrow if you’re trying to lock something in quickly.
As mentioned on here a month or two ago, I picked up a 6’6 DS step up (slimmer stock size) recently. Love it. Really nice board.
Thanks mate. That’s the exact size I was looking at. Awesome, I’ll call in the am.
Got some credits in the bank with the missus so I’m locking it in.
Bnkref
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 08:57 pm
new
Do it!!
seaslug
Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 10:01 pm
new
6'10x20x3 DS stock available Margs area, excellent condition even though well surfed, DS for Xmas anyone?
etarip
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 08:58 am
new
Did it. Pulled the trigger on the stock 6’6” @38.5L. Yewwwww.
Supafreak
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 09:00 am
new
Happy wave hunting
Bnkref
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 10:50 am
new
You'll be stoked on it etarip! Well done.
freeride76
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 10:57 am
new
My 6'6" is my fav board ever.
udo
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 12:07 pm
new
Is Caml the only one that has the Rounded Safety Nose and Tails ?
Island Bay
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 12:39 pm
new
My 6'10 has quite a round nose, but not full caml. Oddly, my 8'6 is a little pointier.
udo
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 04:47 pm
new
etarip wrote:
Did it. Pulled the trigger on the stock 6’6” @38.5L. Yewwwww.
How much did this Cost Please ?
groundswell
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 05:07 pm
new
Im thinking of selling my 6'6 desert storm as ive ony ridden in twice and am more likely/capable on a bodyboard in 5 foot plus waves so selling a few boards. surfed twice atjakes, paddle out one other day fro a friends wake in the rivermouth.
$400 not incluiding delivery but including fibreglass Erick Arakawa quad setfins.
Also seling a 6/8 Simon Andeson six channel mini gun six channel with fins. $250
etarip
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 06:11 pm
new
udo wrote:
etarip wrote:
Did it. Pulled the trigger on the stock 6’6” @38.5L. Yewwwww.
How much did this Cost Please ?
$690 new + freight
udo
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 06:14 pm
new
Unreal- Enjoy it ..yew
Bnkref
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 06:34 pm
new
etarip wrote:
udo wrote:
etarip wrote:
Did it. Pulled the trigger on the stock 6’6” @38.5L. Yewwwww.
How much did this Cost Please ?
$690 new + freight
That’s a steal. Built to last so you should get plenty of life out of it.
Doublems111
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 06:39 pm
new
Thanks all for the advice. Got some Stretch quads for $80 as my start. Forking out $220 was concerning since its a new avenue, now i can build from there. Just need some swell now... will keep hunting for the EAs too.
udo
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 06:52 pm
new
Hit Groundswell up for the EAs.
etarip
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 07:27 pm
new
In the market for fins. My other boards are FCS and this has futures boxes.
Island Bay
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 07:41 pm
new
Doublems111 wrote:
Thanks all for the advice. Got some Stretch quads for $80 as my start. Forking out $220 was concerning since its a new avenue, now i can build from there. Just need some swell now... will keep hunting for the EAs too.
Where’d you find the Stretch quads? That’s a good score.
Etarip, my 6’10 is 5 years old, and easily has 200+ surfs on the clock. Still going strong
udo
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 07:51 pm
new
etarip wrote:
In the market for fins. My other boards are FCS and this has futures boxes.
Not sure Supa - but you could trace FCS1 Fin tab onto FCS2 fin and hacksaw away
Would then work in both 1 and 2 with screws and infill kit and Wasabi ?
Supafreak
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 08:28 pm
new
Oh ok , rather not do that , has anyone tried pyzel padillac quads ? I’m just wanting a back up set of quads and have seen the padillac and EA but both are medium and I think that’s all they come in . I’m 95 kg so not sure if they would suit .
udo
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 08:54 pm
new
Bloke selling the DS at Coombabah has a F 8 set 5 for $100
or a set of same at Collaroy for $50
Plenty of others on Gtree - med and Large
Supafreak
Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 09:28 pm
new
Thanks for that udo
udo
Monday, 19 Dec 2022 at 07:32 pm
new
Betcha Webbys showroom is Bare today....
Put some Pics up of your New D.S. shooters Fellas.
Patrick
Monday, 19 Dec 2022 at 08:10 pm
new
udo wrote:
Is Caml the only one that has the Rounded Safety Nose and Tails ?
I went the rounded noses, it makes sense.
What do you mean about the tails? I got a swallow on the 6'10"
Supafreak
Monday, 19 Dec 2022 at 08:11 pm
new
udo wrote:
Betcha Webbys showroom is Bare today....
Put some Pics up of your New D.S. shooters Fellas.
There was no 6’6” , 7’0 or 7’6” left as of last night in the DS
udo
Monday, 19 Dec 2022 at 08:23 pm
new
Patrick wrote:
udo wrote:
Is Caml the only one that has the Rounded Safety Nose and Tails ?
I went the rounded noses, it makes sense.
What do you mean about the tails? I got a swallow on the 6'10"
Caml referring to Pintails ...Well Rounded / Blunt for Safety
Page 1 Second Post.
Patrick
Monday, 19 Dec 2022 at 08:40 pm
new
udo wrote:
Patrick wrote:
udo wrote:
Is Caml the only one that has the Rounded Safety Nose and Tails ?
I went the rounded noses, it makes sense.
What do you mean about the tails? I got a swallow on the 6'10"
Caml referring to Pintails ...Well Rounded / Blunt for Safety
Page 1 Second Post.
Ok, thanks.
Interestingly in the next post he says the model was partly inspired by boards he rode with a widow maker set up.
I didn't know that, but I got the 6'10" and 7'6" with a single fin box so I could ride them as widow makers or quads.
Only used them as quads so far. (...well I did ride the 7-6 as a single fin on a two foot slop day once.)
:-)
Got the 6'8 SU(can't not at these legit discounts) and loads of advice from the man himself. Now on to fin explorations.
Your fav quad set
W W is a farkn Good Man
There will be NO D.S. left by tmoro am...
ALL suggestions welcomed re fins
Your fav quads. Don't over fin it.
Futures EA is the good wave quad gold standard. I personally also love Captain Fin McCallum quads. These ones, honeycomb and all the same size:
https://www.captainfin.com.au/products/mccallum-quad
Been covered here already...
Which Boxes do you have ?
These are great too. G-10, so a bit heavier, but very very nicely made and foiled.
https://www.surfnvs.com/products/bronn-quad-apex-series
@ island bay on the 6’10” I’ve got fcs2 plugs as that’s what all my boards are and I’m going to try some H4 quads that I like . With the 7’6” stock board being futures Wayne has put me onto some fibreglass proto types he’s in partnership with , he really is a good bloke to deal with .
I hear ya Udo but comments look from years ago in clusters and Thank IB. Seems the general gist is definitely Quads (EA and smaller back fins or at least some foil). I have futures on the DS, my only future fins are AM2 thrusters. Options are?:
EA, stretch, F6(suggested as neutrals) or just buy the rears for the AM2. Learning as I go as I'm actually a thruster guy and fcs by marketplace/gumtree default...
Best move may be to start on what I have and see what I'm wanting to tweak. IE loosen, more drive, too much fin. All comments make me think I would need invest in quads for a true appreciation.
If you can find a set of Stretch quads for not too much $$ I'd try those too.
I love AM2 (thruster) in many boards (Ghost in particular), but my DSs (both 6'4 and 6'10) have been noticably faster as quads.
Stretch Quad sets often pop up for $100 or less.
Start with the EA quads and go from there.
What are they? Very curious.
And yes, he's a good man.
I will let you know when I pick up the boards next week, I just asked if he sold fins as all my boards are fcs and he kindly is giving me this new fin he’s helping develop and just asked for feedback on how they go .
I considered a 7'6 but it won't fit in my boardbag and I want to be able to duckdive
Just sent an order request via the website. How long does it usually take to come back?
He’s responsive on the phone. I’d follow up with a call tomorrow if you’re trying to lock something in quickly.
As mentioned on here a month or two ago, I picked up a 6’6 DS step up (slimmer stock size) recently. Love it. Really nice board.
Thanks mate. That’s the exact size I was looking at. Awesome, I’ll call in the am.
Got some credits in the bank with the missus so I’m locking it in.
Do it!!
6'10x20x3 DS stock available Margs area, excellent condition even though well surfed, DS for Xmas anyone?
Did it. Pulled the trigger on the stock 6’6” @38.5L. Yewwwww.
Happy wave hunting
You'll be stoked on it etarip! Well done.
My 6'6" is my fav board ever.
Is Caml the only one that has the Rounded Safety Nose and Tails ?
My 6'10 has quite a round nose, but not full caml. Oddly, my 8'6 is a little pointier.
How much did this Cost Please ?
Im thinking of selling my 6'6 desert storm as ive ony ridden in twice and am more likely/capable on a bodyboard in 5 foot plus waves so selling a few boards. surfed twice atjakes, paddle out one other day fro a friends wake in the rivermouth.
$400 not incluiding delivery but including fibreglass Erick Arakawa quad setfins.
Also seling a 6/8 Simon Andeson six channel mini gun six channel with fins. $250
$690 new + freight
Unreal- Enjoy it ..yew
That’s a steal. Built to last so you should get plenty of life out of it.
Thanks all for the advice. Got some Stretch quads for $80 as my start. Forking out $220 was concerning since its a new avenue, now i can build from there. Just need some swell now... will keep hunting for the EAs too.
Hit Groundswell up for the EAs.
In the market for fins. My other boards are FCS and this has futures boxes.
Where’d you find the Stretch quads? That’s a good score.
Etarip, my 6’10 is 5 years old, and easily has 200+ surfs on the clock. Still going strong
Is it worth u chaps buying the Wasabi Adaptor
https://www.wasabisurf.com/
Thx IB. So keen to start the DS adventure. Only hearing good things.
Udo - what’s the feedback on those wasabis? It might be a good option.
@udo is there any adapters for fcs2 ?
Not sure Supa - but you could trace FCS1 Fin tab onto FCS2 fin and hacksaw away
Would then work in both 1 and 2 with screws and infill kit and Wasabi ?
Oh ok , rather not do that , has anyone tried pyzel padillac quads ? I’m just wanting a back up set of quads and have seen the padillac and EA but both are medium and I think that’s all they come in . I’m 95 kg so not sure if they would suit .
Bloke selling the DS at Coombabah has a F 8 set 5 for $100
or a set of same at Collaroy for $50
Plenty of others on Gtree - med and Large
Thanks for that udo
Betcha Webbys showroom is Bare today....
Put some Pics up of your New D.S. shooters Fellas.
I went the rounded noses, it makes sense.
What do you mean about the tails? I got a swallow on the 6'10"
There was no 6’6” , 7’0 or 7’6” left as of last night in the DS
Caml referring to Pintails ...Well Rounded / Blunt for Safety
Page 1 Second Post.
Ok, thanks.
Interestingly in the next post he says the model was partly inspired by boards he rode with a widow maker set up.
I didn't know that, but I got the 6'10" and 7'6" with a single fin box so I could ride them as widow makers or quads.
Only used them as quads so far. (...well I did ride the 7-6 as a single fin on a two foot slop day once.)
Rounded pin is standard on the DS