Get better surf forecasts and support an independent surf business. No ads. No corporate backing.
Swellnet is owned by surfers, not corporations. Subscribers keep our independent content, forecasts and surfcam network running - with no ads for anyone.
Thanks for the share Udo. Still got those boards available too for anyone interested. Made a bit of an impulse buy myself today, so motivated to do a good deal atm.
seeds
Tuesday, 16 Jan 2024 at 10:08 pm
new
Hey Tiger. What’s the dims on the midlength twin?
tiger
Tuesday, 16 Jan 2024 at 10:29 pm
new
Hey seeds! From memory (it's out in the workshed) it's 6'8" X 20 3/4" X 2 3/4". I'll look in the morning for ya.
seeds
Tuesday, 16 Jan 2024 at 11:49 pm
new
No worries. Is it gunna work on my backhand?
tiger
Wednesday, 17 Jan 2024 at 08:53 am
new
They go great backhand, very much a different animal to a short board/ fish twin. Just checked the dims, it's 6'8"X 20 1/2"X 2 3/4". It's got more volume packed into it than those numbers might suggest.
More about the hard edge part of the rail displacing the water in that clip, cool to see such a simple method of showing how the edge works between the transition from hard and the soft though (without any confusion / contribution involved by fins)
Thats an issue I see with the soft rail guns that are so popular / common at the moment, not enough downrail / hard edge anymore, they still look to work but wheres the squirt come from?
Scored some 6" thick Bondor PIR foam freezer panel offcuts and thought I'd save some money on a blank and the prohibitive postage getting it here. Lots of stumbling along the way but turned out okay in the end. Based on an Eric Christensen Encarnacion 8' x 22 1/4" x 3".
seeds
Monday, 26 May 2025 at 01:47 pm
new
Beautiful board Gary!
AlfredWallace
Monday, 26 May 2025 at 01:47 pm
new
garyg1412 wrote:
Scored some 6" thick Bondor PIR foam freezer panel offcuts and thought I'd save some money on a blank and the prohibitive postage getting it here. Lots of stumbling along the way but turned out okay in the end. Based on an Eric Christensen Encarnacion 8' x 22 1/4" x 3".
garyg1412. Hi mate. Hope ya well.
Wow, you’re one skilled guy, that’s a great shared process, thanks.
I love your incremental shots of shape and the overall process. I see a glue in one picture that I also use in carpentry, it’s a great product.
Your end result is beautiful mate, well done.
Have you ridden it since you’ve finished it ? Tattoo You Too. Good stuff. AW
seeds
Monday, 26 May 2025 at 01:56 pm
new
I was thinking that’s a lot of foam to mow down but your pic with the saw explains why the stringer is pre shaped. Good stuff mate.
garyg1412
Monday, 26 May 2025 at 02:11 pm
new
seeds wrote:
I was thinking that’s a lot of foam to mow down but your pic with the saw explains why the stringer is pre shaped. Good stuff mate.
Spot on seeds. The only drawback is you have to make 3 stringers. Two on the outside a guides as you cut. Once you get one stringer done it's easy to make the other two with a trim router.
But on the plus side there is no planing to get your rocker shape.
garyg1412
Monday, 26 May 2025 at 02:08 pm
new
AlfredWallace wrote:
garyg1412. Hi mate. Hope ya well.
Wow, you’re one skilled guy, that’s a great shared process, thanks.
I love your incremental shots of shape and the overall process. I see a glue in one picture that I also use in carpentry, it’s a great product.
Your end result is beautiful mate, well done.
Have you ridden it since you’ve finished it ? Tattoo You Too. Good stuff. AW
Cheers AW. Test drive has been delayed due to a dodgy hamstring.
~ TigerTimberMaster ~
Thanks for the share Udo. Still got those boards available too for anyone interested. Made a bit of an impulse buy myself today, so motivated to do a good deal atm.
Hey Tiger. What’s the dims on the midlength twin?
Hey seeds! From memory (it's out in the workshed) it's 6'8" X 20 3/4" X 2 3/4". I'll look in the morning for ya.
No worries. Is it gunna work on my backhand?
They go great backhand, very much a different animal to a short board/ fish twin. Just checked the dims, it's 6'8"X 20 1/2"X 2 3/4". It's got more volume packed into it than those numbers might suggest.
Cut the Swallow......Eat that Stringer
6’2” fish
Thanks Guy
That cheered me up. Golf green scene was great.
“Streaming (screaming? accent) out of a salt water fanny” was a great also.
A Carbon from Israel
Scored some 6" thick Bondor PIR foam freezer panel offcuts and thought I'd save some money on a blank and the prohibitive postage getting it here. Lots of stumbling along the way but turned out okay in the end. Based on an Eric Christensen Encarnacion 8' x 22 1/4" x 3".








Beautiful board Gary!
garyg1412. Hi mate. Hope ya well.
Wow, you’re one skilled guy, that’s a great shared process, thanks.
I love your incremental shots of shape and the overall process. I see a glue in one picture that I also use in carpentry, it’s a great product.
Your end result is beautiful mate, well done.
Have you ridden it since you’ve finished it ? Tattoo You Too. Good stuff. AW
I was thinking that’s a lot of foam to mow down but your pic with the saw explains why the stringer is pre shaped. Good stuff mate.
Spot on seeds. The only drawback is you have to make 3 stringers. Two on the outside a guides as you cut. Once you get one stringer done it's easy to make the other two with a trim router.
But on the plus side there is no planing to get your rocker shape.
Cheers AW. Test drive has been delayed due to a dodgy hamstring.
Is this for real ?