More from The Shaping Bay
udo said: 8'0" - 75 litres -$350
https://www.facebook.com/share/16xemDTYXy/
Ex Ox
Desert Storm surfboard1,620
pinkadink.papali
said:
Does anyone know if John Gillis of John Gillis Surfboards can still be contacted.
John Gillis (CET) Surfboards
0
I watched a guy surfing a Mini Simmons recently in under waist high waves and he was having a ball...
This is a few years old now but what a beauty of a Salesman spiel
Fun
Jack Robbo - Wicked Small Wave Game
~ LSD Twinnies ~
good god, that actually looks good to me.
Looks fun eh..hit them up for one to do a review ?
i think by memory they [older ones ]are around 19" wide a ft up from tail tip
i forgot about these articles from way back https://www.swellnet.com/news/depth-test/2014/09/02/baked-potato-firewi…
Freeride did you ever end up doing a Desert Storm review on beachgrit?
Yes 19@ 12 from tail.
These new models are more refined as Dan says....The 6/2 is 4 litres less in volume.
I'll have to go to a shop and feel the rails,Id say thats where the volume is reduced.The original 6/2 has very round full rails.
Breaking the tail back to a swallow(mostly what they did with the baked) will give it some shaper direction changes, looks good on the video.
No Goofy, it'll be done here.
Cool, looking forward to it
Moi aussi!
I enjoy these multiple surfboard comparative tests however the surfers are always very good and they also have their own preference and performance expectation (BTW I've watched Kale surf live and he's definitely better than average). Where a surfboard has a reasonable level of performance, it would be good if testors could explain how the design does or doesn't suit their technique or physical stature, and the type or style of surfer it might be suited to rather than just dismissing it. For example in the recent Stab in the Dark, after Robo eliminated one of the boards, a guy then explained that it had a different rocker or something and why that was prefered by a particular pro surfer. I found that explantion useful, because over the years I've had a couple of surfboards that didn't work for me, however the guys I onsold them to surfed them well and raved about them.
Another gd vid from Kale ..jeez his surfinghas improved heaps
and @12.36.... :-]
Haha, business as usual there!
He's surfing a lot, aye!
The few bits I've seen suggest that he should be surfing a good thruster. Which is sort of a moot point in a twinnie test, I know :-)
Yes Business as usual....he he
Id like to see him surf a Dick Van Straalen Twinnie .
Almost as unbelievable as I bought the wrong size and now selling (I have bought 2 boards off people in those circumstances)
Unbelievable eh..i reckon i see on average 3 a week listed like that - wrong size or didnt Gell with it...even i dont like the colour.
Look at all that Colour in that Rack....How good eh
What did Dick Van Straalen say.. "Lack of Colour is Poverty of the Mind"
I have no idea wtf Sancho is saying but its about moving Plugs ?
And look at the Rocker and Amount Foam in that Sexy little Fish..
LSD Tex - White Tiger
C.I.
G-Skate
Hmm Udo, Yeah...nah, heap of twins that would be better IMHO.
Love the look of the White Tiger, but not of the G-Skate.
Maybe we’ll get Craig’s thoughts on the gskate soon
Now theres a design concept which perhaps hasnt been re 'investigated'. What could be better than a Roundtail? A double roundtail AKA the aesthetically repulsive but functionally superior "Bandit"