More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
buffalo gals, almost as good as it was fresh, was , give it away , the first rap track?
Songs about dancin? Can do.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I know I can dance.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Coca Cola in Angola. Summer in Uganda.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Two rules I'm not sure, I don't know enough. Know it's early with break dancing . Its the only track I got of theirs on my old ipod. First saw it on rage along with grandmaster flash , Those old clips are pretty classic. I like how they are just doing their thing. Getting funky
The outfits of grandmaster and crew, city meets country. Gloves extra
This doco on SBS On Demand will explain the origins.

Probably not the first rap song (one of the first I heard though). I think I might have read somewhere that Malcom Mclaren was a bit of a scheister.
https://www.songfacts.com/facts/malcolm-mclaren/buffalo-gals
[Malcolm] McLaren was the manager of The Sex Pistols and Bow Wow Wow, leading them to the forefront of the British punk scene. Ever the opportunist, when McLaren heard rap music emerging from the US, he capitalized on the opportunity and released this song, which featured McLaren calling lyrics in a Square Dance style.
"Buffalo Gals" is a traditional song that dates back to the 1800s, where it was often played at minstrel shows. The "Buffalo" refers to the city of Buffalo, New York, but the lyrics were altered to fit the place where the song was performed. McLaren changed the refrain from "Buffalo gals, won't you come out tonight" to "Buffalo gals, around the outside."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Gals
"Buffalo Gals" is a traditional American song, written and published as "Lubly Fan" in 1844 by the blackface minstrel John Hodges, who performed as "Cool White." The song was widely popular throughout the United States, where minstrels often altered the lyrics to suit local audiences, performing it as "New York Gals" in New York City, "Boston Gals" in Boston, or "Alabama Girls" in Alabama, as in the version recorded by Alan Lomax and Shirley Collins on a 1959 field recording trip. The best-known version is named after Buffalo, New York.[1][2] (Wikipedia)
was movin from jj to jjj and the sound was changing, thought mclaren was more aligned to punk and I know this doesn't right but amongst this new style was this chilli peppers, give it away rap'n at me in some new way
sound right but
Cheers for that, read the same thing about Malcolm Mclaren, love a good music doco I will try to have a look. Interesting to see a little break dancing influence in the Vouge vid. I know Eminem also uses round the out side in one track, maybe a reference or shout out. I love how music captures a scene or an era and evolves. A real snapshot of creativity and society what ever the taste or style.
Ali g as madonna's driver
The message by Grandmaster Flash was released the year before Mclaren's song. I seem to recall reading it was one of the first mainstream charting songs of the genre. McLaren was reknown for appropriating for his own personal gain, an unpleasant individual.
Mind you, having said that, this came out 10 years before The message.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
the cover version struck me
Maybe they've been around too long and/or maybe their sound might be stale now- they seem to have gone out of vogue for some people....but I really rate the Chilli Peppers. Saw them @ Mount Duneed in Geelong. Anthony Keidis is an underrated 'rapper' in my opinion. (Maybe not a rapper in the true sense, but could still spit some good rhymes out).
I'd heard the Gil Scott-Heron song before, but not for a long time. Stereo Lab might have heard it before too...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
frusciante the next Peterson if you get the chance, was it an afternoon concert, ican, some good music hear, the kids took me!
wicked blackers, hows the flute, Public enemy maybe influenced by this? Chilli peppers defiantly had their own sound at the time. Amazing how many of the bands in and around the San Francisco scene blue up as well. The whole music period previously and after in the US must have been something else to witness. So much quality output happening in those times. Live shows etc. Real melting pot like the UK in dominance. Then smaller scenes such as Australia were carving their own way with a little influence. epic stuff
So many people seem to hate on them these days but they do have some great albums, i think some of these bands like RHCP, U2, Foo Fighters even Pearl Jam or Metallica should have quit long ago and noe have kind of ruined their legacies some worst than others.
But then again if they are still happy making music and getting paid for it, who are we to say anything.
Two more from the playing for change series.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
title="Oye Como Va ft. Carlos Santana & Cindy Blackman Santana | Playing For Change | Song Around The World" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
title="When The Levee Breaks feat. John Paul Jones | Playing For Change | Song Around The World" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Re: Chilli Peppers: Two Chilli Peppers books worth reading.
Scar Tissue by Anthony Keidis;
and Flea's book - Acid for the children is also a worthwhile read.
A guy who is trying to do good in the world and spread the love.
Get's trippy - but who wouldn't be with the life he's led?
I follow him on insta and he sure is a weird cat.
Case in point:
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
title="Colors feat. Black Pumas, Slash, The Pocket Queen | Playing For Change | Song Around The World" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Not a bad thing to be able to sound like Al Green.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
title="Black Pumas - Full Performance (Live on KEXP)" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Listened to a long podcast on their personal life's and bands early days to now, all are weird cats and lead very interesting lifes, but Anthony IMHO is pretty fucked has a thing for borderline legal aged girls and a history of not treating them so great.
Scar Tissue was a great read despite him ripping someones plants and had no idea about how to dry them properly...putting plants in the oven etc.
Great voice, thanks philo.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
title="Queen Bee feat. Taj Mahal, Ben Harper, Rosanne Cash | Playing For Change | Song Around The World" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
some depth there in all of that
true blues from other thread, hows the crowd at Wembley, huge performance for the bands.
Long time contributors to the sonic landscape.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Thanks for the arvo diversion Rob. Random but fun selection. The Chantays were a fun watch - never actually seen that before. Here's a theme if anyone can pick it. No hints.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
wecandigitooo
We all can.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Still mulling over your earlier theme (ruok?) Icandig. But this I can do.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You're overthinking it Blackers. Thanks for the thoughts and tunes. They're all bands from over the ditch. That's the only theme I was going for. I'm good as gold. Guru's was my all time favourite band for a long time. Them and Sunnyboys. Must have seen them both 20 times each.
Ha ha. I just relooked at the titles of the songs. I see how you got there. Seriously though -thanks. I'm good.
Sweet. I can do that too.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That's a whole other theme. Sorry. I'm a juvenile in an old mans body.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
True, no apologies needed.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
After triggering myself through no fault but my own on the other forum important forum. I'm out for a while. Keep the quality coming and enjoy what you got or what you do. First is a well known repeat of soothing nature. psyc and get some pits .
Hey Rob. Not sure what you're referring to, but don't stress. We all get a bit carried away sometimes. I often post stuff that I reckon is funny, but probably paints me as a bit of a dickhead. (I can live with that though). Have a break. Come back soon.
Keep them coming Rob. I like the cut of your jib. After all, variety is the spice of life....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
First ABBA track in this thread? If so, I'm good with that. I blame my older sister. You're a legend A-M xoxox
Reminisce
Enjoy the weekend.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The cure to all your ills. Most efficacious in every case.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
They don't work? They are fun though. Choose your own poison.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>