More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
;)
Apologies for breaking up the Johnny party but just swinging by to say I saw Zeke on Friday and they were amazing.
They have been a huge influence on almost all of the bands I have been in and I missed them in '99 so it was great to finally witness them live.
Donny Paycheck is a force to be reckoned with.
Seeing them at the Barwon Club again on Wednesday.
It's gonna be a big year of 30-year anniversary shows.
I'm unable to go to Breeders and Dinosaur Jr, but will try to get to Teenage Fanclub.
Who else?
Beasts of Bourbon in April
Ah yes! Been 25 years since I saw 'em.
Been longer for me Ben. RIP Spencer.
Who is going to hit up Mr. Bungle and their fellow pop stars the Melvins ?
Mr Bungle is the night before Womad. Well convenient!
Saw Cruel Sea in Adelaide recently, like fine wine they have just gotten better. I rarely put any of their music on, but live they’re incredible.
Bringing it back....Dave Alvin was a founding member of The Blasters, Americana revivalists with tude. BTW, I believe Zeke are in the lineup with the Psycho's this Friday night in Frankganistan. Will write a report.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
yes kookman, Zeke were epic hey. Glad to hear you'll back it up, that's exactly how I felt and nearly went to Bris to see them but didnt make it...
I'll be going to both the Breeders and Dinosaur Jr Ben. Looking forward to those, as well as Pop Will Eat Itself. But first ive got NOFX tomorrow night and Wednesday night, Frenzal Rhomb supporting the first night. Should be good. Yew
That was great Blackers.
Americana I dig! Thanks
;)
One last Johnny song, by the Crushed Buzzards - “Johnny (dont fire your gun)”. The band had members from Essendon Airport. Coincidentally it was seeing this band live at a tender age that got me interested in alternative music. The”Asleep at the wheel” compilation and its partner “A slab of vic” are a great sampler of Melbourne music in the early to mid eighties.
track starts at 7:40, the rest is worth a listen if you have time.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
don't make it the last @blackers! Johnny is the best within-thread topic in ages, haha.
(I actually bought vinyl 'ásleep at the wheel' on ebay based on a post you made once re cosmic psychos. your recommends are always great fun : )
(and ^ must have album, I now realise)
this sounds like a proto-tism cover of fyc..
Since you asked nicely. One for Seeds.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
;)
Blackers, yep didn’t mind that either. Cheers
That was good blackers…
- here’s no johhnies but some golden modern oldies ;)
Thanks for playing. One for today.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Kerryn Fields has just release her second EP , "The Folk Singer ".
An extremely talented and lovely young woman .
Somehow , was able to complete an On Line Form , and pre ordered a disc and Limited Edition T Shirt on Bandcamp .
Very happy to recommend checking out , this great persons work .
;)
Nice. Going to see D.R.I. in Feb. I remember riding my pushie to the local record shop in the late 80s and purchasing '4 Of A Kind' without knowing what they sounded like. Had a fair idea but only bought the album after seeing other bands I was into at the time wearing their shirts, thanking them in liner notes, etc. Different times.
Not a fan of Trapped Under Ice but love Justice Tripp's other band Angel Du$t. Saw them late 2023 and they were amazing. Track from their 2023 release...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
^^^ D.R.I. in feb, thumbs up to that ;)
- and someone mentioned Mr. Bungle in the thread being here not long after … and at the hordern, that’ll be a goodie.
Trapped Under Ice, yeah that tune above is one of the few songs of theirs that I rate - cheers for the sample of Angel Du$t, haven’t heard them ;)
Here is something from the vault…
…these guys live are something else, highly recommended ;)
https://www.nme.com/en_au/features/music-features/speed-sydney-australi…
- aaaaand
…back to the johnnies ;);)
Hmm. Not sure what to say about that.
Haha yep… exactly
- running low on johnny ;)
Probs time to stop then.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
BTW, You know you can get them at the supermarket, chemist or servo? :)
Haha ;)
- hang on a minute
Thin Lizzy-Oh Johnny.
Ween- I'll be your Johnny on the spot.
Celibate Rifles-Johnny.
QOTSA-Regular John.
Thats of the top of my head.
I'm sure there is plenty more.
It makes you move.
nice to see you over on this thread @soggy and @southern
#NoO2
(top of your head sounds good @mattlock)
hehe nailed it @basesix.
Yep. And more for me! Win win!
Breathe in that sweet air.
;)
^ fuck.. FYC were really interesting.. didn't get into it as a kid, but perhaps a good band. Thanks for posting the original @seeds
and, yeh, @southern, don't go kamikaze, we need you here..
(loved @wilhelm, and even enjoyed lifting-man sometimes, till he went and shat all over @seeds & @AW's thread with his potplants in the background of his bench press, and invisible eagles by his hang bar - I got called 'baseless' for a bit which was wonderful fun : )
Stay the course, and maybe think of this *below the line* area as a waterman's pub: ben the publican, stu the at the bar, craig on the books, steve doing a weekly gig, jono mixing.. they have better things to do, running the pub, than worry about the punters. There's a front bar, a beer garden, guys fagging out the front, find a space that makes you feel good. Avoid annoying blowins and serial pests.
And, of course, get wet, that's kinda the point (nice Clayton post ; )
Thanks @basesix. Noted. Sometimes i'm just a grom. Sometimes i gotta listen more and talk less.
No point going on any further about it all. Quite obvious the distress it causes me,,...i think because it's a reflection of culture. Big mouths behind keyboards.
Thanks for your kind words. Always legendary.
And yeah, good point on the SN constibulary. I know i make them laugh in my outbursts. But do love em! All of the SN chiefs are top dogs in my humble opinion, and yeah, sorry fellas.
Can i blame the moon? hehe.
An old favourite...
Nice one seeds. FYC
Yes indeed, nice one. I liked B6’s version above too. Here some nascent talent.on display.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
…johnny has more than two homes ;)
‘ Click on 2x speed so Johnny comes running home. ‘
;);)
Surprised this hasn't come up yet...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
…and hot on the heels of grippy little toes ;)
Oz Day Dedication...
Apex Vaping Grom : "Yeah, but Chiko Chix can't..."
Beaches : "Can't Wot...Enslave you Gromz with a slab of acid spiked psyched out surf punk!"
Wot you say Punkz...ONE OF US! Quit yer Drooling....
Being honest...tbb never knew of this Melbourne band...(Beaches)
Was on an Oz Psyched out Chix crusade...this band kept bringing it...
Odd confession!
tbb thinks it's rare for Chix to dedicate a Psyched Out Band for the Ages...Drugz > Offspring...etc.
Makes this band more extraordinary as Rock Goddesses.
First come upon their 2010 Acid drenched Psych Instrumental
To think 7 years later these Beaches are recording a Twin LP of Psych Fuzz Punk...
If crew could share any more Oz Queens of Psych Punk...Yes Please!
Just sharing that for 7 years these Chiko Chix wanted to break lose...
So cool to hear this early Slab of Fuzz...shows the Chix are dedicated to the Cause...
Gotta be the Queens of Oz Psych Punk...Salute!
Beaches were branded Oz Go Gos if ya like, plenty of high quality fun summer tunes.
tbb did trawl back thru their Pop Years...some poppy stuff ...but also real super cool Trax...[ Lame ]
But the band wanted to flick the Chiko Chix tag...also knowing they'd lose their teen fan base!
Reckon if given half a chance they could blow our minds...sure did that..Slave Drivers...Hooked 4 Life!
Whole Twin LP of these Psyched out Chiko Chix contraband trax under the counter....Shh!
https://collapseboard.com/a-passion-unstated-but-deeply-felt-beaches-sec…