More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Wonder why you liked Fiona?
Me too!
This was us early mid nineties.
Portly reunion but none the less.
Wish I was there
Momma. I enjoyed that Indo.
Just been to see these guys tonight...good fun, good gig.
haha yeah @seeds she was a more than likeable gal.
But always admired her for her strength and ability to just be herself and put that out there to the world. One of a kind really.
Actually reckon she and the band are underrated in the history of epic oz bands. I'd put them well ahead of some of the more celebrated in oz culture.
Her vocal range is phenomenal and the band just seemed to know how to capture and transfer high energy. Yew!
When the grand poobah speaks...
And one of my favourites.
These guys and Ian in particular have always represented what it means to me to have the punk ethos.
Absolute favourite Minor Threat song....
It Follows.
Aint that the truth.
how's the nose @southern.. was that during your getaway? dang..
these guys were a bunch of fun last week
Epic...
Thats kind of weird you posted this i hadnt even thought of Def Fx for literally decades but was making an all Aussie late 80s to early 00's Spotify shuffle mix going through in alphabetical order got to Z but still looking for bands/songs I missed going currently up to 494 songs :D
I was kind of uming and arghing when i got to Def FX, i re listened to their few hits but im sorry i left them off, i just thought if they came up id probably skip the song.
Very unique band though, i dont think anyone ive heard really sounds like them since
The Aussie band that probably stood out that i never really got into was these guys, i think i will have to give them more of a listen
Some Noosa Shire Aussie music. These guys been around for ever. This iteration has a father and two sons in the line up.
One of those son’s other band. Crazy good vocalist too.
Love the S.T's @andymac. Love that opening track for their show.
Fair enough Indo. I reckon she's got a rad voice and presence. They're actually playing in Melbourne this month.
Yeah Pulley were good @basesix. That's a name i'd forgotten. Nose still a little tender. Swelling gone down though and i'm happy to call it an improvement! cheers.
Will give the above a listen later @seeds.
that Melb band is sick @seeds.. suicidal tendencies was the first tape I bought from thinking the cover looked cool @a-m. That and bad brains opened me up to it all, as a grom. Glad you're gettin there @southern. Anyone know anyone who went to Living Color? (LC/Extreme double bill! haha):
It was such a fun night! Tiny venue and everyone going nuts!
Nice!
Thanks for posting that @andy-mac ;)
- ST’s always good live !
… they still got the goods with each different line up, that vid definitely bringing back memories from when I saw them at narrabeen sands in bout ‘93 I think it was.
Here’s an old school tribute from the earlier days of funk ;)
Yeah Jelly, they were great! First time for me to see them live.
Great tiny venue and got to chat with Mike afterwards which was cool. Whole band and roadies etc hung out.
Robert Trujillo's son on bass was greta to see too.
Support band 'Krave' rocked as well, but heavier than what I am usually into but they were really good.
Worth seeing if you get a chance.
;)
awesome andy-mac - thanks heaps for posting that.
I was just listening to an ST 'greatest hits' youtube compilation when reading through this latest batch of postings. Listening to that because i've been on a bit of an ST binge in the last week or so - because I fucked up and didnt get my ticket in time. Damn, the Bris and Kings Beach gigs sold out fast...
and I was going to ask on here if anyone had been and would give a report.
I'll now watch that gig that I missed out on... Thanks again!
got my NoFx tickets though - January, 2 nights in a row. Yew!
;);)
;)
interesting adelaide band, the empty threats.. go well with some fast 4-foot footage
these west aussie bogans might appeal @seeds.. triple bill with dallas frasca, and super american eagle? (maybe alien nosejob playing solo as a warm up act)
Mad Macca and Pat Todd gigs. Worth a listen I reckon
https://rpmonline.co.uk/?p=23199
GJ! I was looking for something to see the night before Mark of Cain in Adelaide.. cheers!!
no worries basesix. Nice timing. I'm gonna get to the Coolum gig - a rare chance to see something like that in that town.
let us know how the Mark of Cain gig goes. I might try to get to the Bris one a couple of weeks later
Love em @ basesix!! Saw them a few years back at Mitchell Creek Rock and Blues in the Mary Valley here
In regards to The Mark of Cain, ive always thought if they were from the USA they could have been huge, IMHO they do that style of music better than pretty much anyone.
This was the last Livid festival (96) i went to at Davies Park, it was a great venue grass & trees big but not too big you could still move around and see bands easily, so much better than the latter ones at the RNA Showgrounds or Big day outs where there just ended up being too many people and a very different vibe.
great footage and recording @indo, yeh, very good at what they do. Some of those early festivals, before they grew too big, had great opportunities for once-in-a-lifetime-experience/perfect atmos watching good bands fer sure, (like the '93 Big Day Out held at Adelaide Uni before moving to the Showgrounds).
One of our own first live shows of the band i was in was supporting these guys. Was in front of 1000 people at the local pub. Quite the buzz!
Never really got into them myself but can see why they were popular.
Backstage they wanted nothing to do with us groms.
They came across as super serious and also pretty professional.
Meanwhile we were just getting paid in beers and good times.
When is this basesix? Only gig I can find coming up for SRB is New Year’s Eve at home and DF isn’t listing a gig then.
https://www.abc.net.au/listen/doublej/music-reads/features/cruel-sea-te…
meaningful deep
(authentic vinyl transfer of love of diagrams' '04 release 'no way out')
;)
Bump
soz seeds : / ..it was me playing 'wouldn't that be fun' with a dream-team line-up in a certain vein..
feel like I owe you one, I'll keep an eye out
You dirty rat!! Muchus stupedo idioco Seedy simplifico
Hahaha
haha, leave it with me, I'll make it up to you ; )
(where are you roughly?)
.
Haha geez I’m a dill. Anyhoo I’m hitting up a Boing Boing gig soonish.
naahhhh.... you're sharp as a tack, 'cept when you're not.. just like the rest of us.
post boing boing, another gig write-up please, that last one was epic.
I’m hoping the real freeriding writer might attend and report. I’ll be in the shadows hissing at the light