More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Had a JB raid this week. And got the best double CD I've bought in years.
WARUMPI 4 EVA - the complete WARUMPI collection. Raw and Hardcore Blackfella thrash Rock, with a few Dreamtime melodies and coupla rockabilly kicks. Made me realise , I'd forgotten, these guys were grunge decades before grunge was grunge. Neil Murray was apparently awesome at a sth coast gig last weekend BTW.
Highly recommended.
Going to see Frank Yamma at Yackandandah on 19 March.
Where'd he play on the South Coast?
Hi Stu, Cobargo Folk Fest I believe. I wasn't there but friend said her folkes was raving. But Franky def on at Yack.
Cheers Sid. Neil is always great to see live, however Yackendanbah is a tad far for me.
Oh yeah Ocher.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Blokes don't make passes at lasses with glasses?
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Nah, wouldn't recommend Yack for a coasty, I'm going cos it's not far from the Ozarks. I was spewin , was asked was I going to Cobargo, but she never said Neil was playing and I been to busy to check up.
This band was cool... Shame i can't find "Kids play with guns"... it is on a compilation which I'll share later
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ABC right now
Catalyst, the tail end.
Was amazing to see an old fella with parkinson's, who could hardly walk, as soon as music was played he danced so smooth and in control...
Wow..
Reminds me of a blues song
Used to own this... Got stolen by some fucktard.... Would love to own it again..... Classic Aussie hardcore compilation... Note the different version of "custom credit" by cosmic psychos... Best version I've heard... Also note track 8 at 16.54.... "Kids play with guns"..... Fuckn rocks...... So many good songs on this.... Album 2 is just as hot.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Great Adelaide bands on here. Septic Saw Blades! Where's the Pope?! Filthy Scumbags! Fear n Loathing! You got this vinyl Fraser-Gordon?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That is GOLD tim
How is the harmonic player's moustache...!
Cheers;)
Shats..... Album 2
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That moustache is the definition of understatement! Classic.
" can't you see me I'm screaming out your name "
Any excuse for a pint of the black stuff.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
"feelin kinda free" the new Drones album is out now and streaming. Get a taste here.
https://www.thedrones.com.au
Gareth reckons you can dance to it.......don't know about that but you gotta love it. They are in another league to what else is around. No cliches, no recycled riffs, no rap, no rip offs, just a close examination of the weirdness of being human.
You need to get out more, geez
Flashback to the old days.... Viva la revolution..
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
PRIDE COMES...
BEFORE THE FALL.
Disturbed............
Great Australian noise.<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
sweet.......
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Exit stage left sweetie..........<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Definitely stage right for ol' Merle. Waaaay right. Nixon & Reagan's favourite country singer. Then again, you can't pick your fans!
More left of center for you old Turkey yew!!!!<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Scottish turkeys from the other Perth. I like it. Reminds me of this lil ditty.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
haha one up ya.<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
NOW THAT IS A STONE-COLD CLASSIC!
Hats off.
Digging the noise above. And then there are these progenitors. Take a moment and think of the good, the bad and the ugly these guys inspired. Awesome legacy. Can't wait to see 'em one last time this week. Hang in, dudes.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
https://dangerousminds.net/comments/black_sabbaths_1972_cocaine_budget
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Ha Ha Snowblind indeed, Shatnerd! No Bill Ward is a bummer. But Iommi, Geezer and Ozz though. Last drinks, gentlemen!
Riff/noise/blast on, punks!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I had to leave the worse songs thread...... For now....... It's doing my head in....... I need to listen to a real song......
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Im a huge gunners fan Appetite for destruction would probably make my top ten album list of all time, i love Lies and a lot of use your illusion 1 & 2.
But really Axl Roses new front man for AC/DC???? (at least to finish the current tour)
Seems it's no longer a rumor but confirmed, Im not even that big fan of AC/DC but you cant be serious this is like a joke it cheapens the legacy further of both bands.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ac-dc-confirm-axl-rose-is-new-le…
Blasted DK's Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death on the way home from work last night.. fantastic!
Never realised this album went Gold in the USA.
And thanks to the wonders of Wikipedia, I now know the backstory behind "Pull My Strings":
The album includes the controversial "Pull My Strings" which was played only once on March 25, 1980, when Dead Kennedys were invited to perform at the Bay Area Music Awards in front of music industry bigwigs to give the event some "new wave credibility". The band spent the day of the show practicing "California Über Alles", the song they were asked to play. In typically subversive, perverse style, the band became the talking point of the ceremony when after about 15 seconds into the song Jello Biafra said, "Hold it! We've gotta prove that we're adults now. We're not a punk rock band, we're a new wave band."
The band, who all wore white shirts with a big, black S painted on the front, pulled black ties from around the backs of their necks to form a dollar sign, then started playing "Pull My Strings", a satirical attack on the ethics of the mainstream music industry. The song also referenced The Knack's biggest New Wave hit, "My Sharona". The song was never recorded in the studio but this performance, the first and only time the song was ever performed, was included on the album.
Interesting to compare Dead Kennedys era punk to Green Day/Blink 182 era power pop which used punk as a marketing term.
And didn't the punters lap it up?
Thats classic thermy, i love that album but didnt know the pull my strings backstory, i stumbled onto it waaaay back in '02 when i found a tape of it in an op shop in whistler canada( along with a john denver greatest hits tape!?!) they became the soundtrack to the rest of my travels, ah the memories,anyhoo re pop/punk i must admit to flogging greenday and the offspring to death back in the day, still good songs though. Btw have you come across adelaides own bad dreems yet? Well worth a spin or two imho
Bad Dreems? Never heard of 'em. I'll check them out.
Fun fact #438: as I type, the cafe downstairs is blasting out Radio Birdman! I think I'll grab another coffee as a sign of my appreciation.
Bad dreams were probably the best Aussie group I came across last year. Great live too
Great tune for amping for tomorrows swell.<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
that wasn't quite as amped as i was expecting.
They sound alright have a nice Aussie guitar sound, was thinking i could hear a few influences there from some late 80,s period Aussie bands.
Cant help thinking that song above was also infulenced by GOD= My Pal
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
BTW. Nice to know there is still gems out there from the past, how goods this song...kinda sabbathy with a psychedelic twist.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Modern day kinks rolled in dirt <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Speaking of God...
A funny little interview with them as teens before beer, cynicism, and heroin came along. Two of them fell to the needle.