More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Disco, you can add Black Flag to your list and maybe Suicidal Tendencies too I reckon.
Oi DiscoStew, maybe you should give us all some pointers on the 'real' disco. Might be more your area of expertise going by your 'punk' list. I assume you lived in that era too, huh? A bit of overlap?
this should have disco stu crying into his tequilla sunrise as he remembers those long lost nights at the malvern danceateria...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
wahahahahaha! Go chooky!
Once I learn how to post a video you and the gobbler are toast!
I didn't venture to Malvern much. More of a Balwyn calling type of dude.
I was on the road a few days ago, and pulled out some old gems from my old life: Adam Said Galore, an incredible live band from Perth. Got to see 'em a few times, jeez they were fantastic.
This one too.
One for the Donald! "All you nasty boys..."
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Washing the dishes and listening to Devo and automatically doing a stiff arm, sharp movement, robotic washer thing. Cant be helped.
The new Leonard Cohen. " You Want It Darker". Up there with his best.
You read John Remnick's piece in the New Yorker, BB?
Worth lifting the stylus off the vinyl, pouring a glass of vino, and settling in with it for the evening.
No Stu my New Yorker subscription lapsed and I've used up all my freebies. But yeh it's on, the wine has been poured and we're not going anywhere.
Saw these guys play last week. Funny as fuck and sick music - mixture of funk, metal and progressive rock/pop.
Sorry Mundies.. I couldn't sit through the faux-acting at the start!
OK try this one sans faux-acting:
They've got chops! Not my kinda thing, but jeez they're pretty tight.
Latest single from Shining Bird, the local youth group around here (avg. age 30 years old).
'I Can Run' Great song, fantastic video.
it's friday arvo...time to get ready for love!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Ben if we all liked the same thing it'd be a pretty bland world. Here's another one, a bit of social commentary on the fucked up nature of hollywood and tabloid culture:
This is as close as I'm getting to horse racing today.
Double banger!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Remember kids, try and stay away from the brown velour today.
Huzzah! Streaky Bay does it again! Good stuff Kerrin. $$$$. Brown velour's on me!
20,000 days on earth - The Nick Cave Story ABC 2 - 8.30 Sunday night.
Thanks for the heads up udo. I have given Skeleton Tree a few listenings. A pretty intense piece of work!
ABC 2 reminder .
US election tunes. Feelin' kinda Trumpy?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
"Freedom of choice...is what you got
Freedom from choice is what you need."
You guys...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Does it seem strange to you?
The confetti, the balloons, the mile-wide grins?
The victory dance to welcome in the heir to a state of disrepair?
'Cause it sure seems strange to me.
They're acting like they won the lottery.
But shouldn't they feel terror at the task that lies ahead?
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Turkman , trumpy tunes?????? Ok...... Here's one from 1983..... Prophetic....... Walls knoked down for walls to be built.......
i don't think there are any Russians...... There aint no yanks....... just corporate criminals..... Playin' with tanks......
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Ah, the old prescient song. How's this one? Fuck, hope not...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Or this......
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
One for the boy's Disco,Kochie and all.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Help, help, here come the bears...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I only tuned in 1/2 way through that Nick Cave docco. I was blown away but what a prodigious writer the guy is. I don't love all his music. (Not since Junkyard) But puts on a great live show.
I loved this at the time....hmmmm seems appropriate again now
More cartoon capers
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This is making sense right now.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Bossa nova grind! Somehow reminds me of The Clouds?!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
carole king (the city) -- i was not born to follow
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Something for my fellow older gen x'ers......
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Video above sums up why i love Indo so much, yeah sure the waves are great, but the people, so often so happy and full of smiles, and so many seem so good on guitars no matter how shitty the guitars, this girl is only 10 years old.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Had a fun show in Sydney last Friday night - first gig in two or three years. New album due out in January.. can't wait!
The wiz!
<iframe width="500" height="281" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Tomorrow is Burn Punk London day....Malcolm Mclaren will set fire to the Sex Pistols memorabilia ?
Punk is as dead as Malcolm himself - died 2010.
...it's his son doing the flaming.
Punk's not dead.The kid's are alright.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
phew -- i was worried it was an exploited video.
sure, the kids are alright. but it doesn't mean punk isn't dead.
the existence of phish doesn't mean it's still 1967.
^^^ However I recall hearing Ian Mackaye say something along the lines of "If you say something is dead you're taking ownership of a whole culture and that just isn't right."
Think it may have been from 'American Hardcore' but I couldn't find the grab anywhere. I did, however, find this very cool interview with Ian from a recent issue of Huck. Wonderful stuff, worth a read.
https://www.huckmagazine.com/art-and-culture/ian-mackaye-survival-issue-interview/
i call bullshit on that.
let's run a conterexample up the flag pole and see how it flaps in the wind...
18th centrury romanticism is isn't dead, because to claim otherwise would be to take ownership of 18th century romanticism
Worth a watch as well.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>