More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Clip just dropped for an old mate's band's latest single:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Worth checking out for those into punk.
BudaKryst. - youtube
OK ....look, it’s 25 & 1/2 hours early but fuck it.....Kurt Cobain died 26 years ago.
So here’s a song. A song that I’ve heard so many times that I’ve previously hoped to never , ever hear again.
Fucker still has legs though :
[ ATTENTION ] To all swellnet buskers...it's now or never.
Shops only take plastic so Big Notes are lining Mobster's Violin Cases.
tbb fell for the struggling Busker murdering a Pink Floyd cover...sucker for that!
Goes to put $5 note in...only to trip over wads of bank notes...WTF + OMG.
tbb was a Roadie & counts $10 -$20 for a quality gig...saw $100 for this ruffian.
Fuck the Closed Gigs...hit the Streets...
tbb says to hurry while the Wallets are still full of non transferable Notes.
Fuck You Corps! Don't want my cash...fine! Just gonna give it to this Busker...
Think tbb is bluffing...get yer gig on & tbb will fill yer Guitar Case...most Welcome!
Motherlode...is the end of the coin toss era...Go out with a bang! Pass the word on...
"OK ....look, it’s 25 & 1/2 hours early but fuck it.....Kurt Cobain died 26 years ago.
So here’s a song. A song that I’ve heard so many times that I’ve previously hoped to never , ever hear again.
Fucker still has legs though :
"
Havent listened to that for a while and heard it literally hundreds if not thousands of times before, but its actually still sounds pretty good, almost fresh, video has held up too catches the spirit of the time.
Only complaint in hindsight is maybe just a bit over produced and vocals a bit high in the mix.
I’m infected.
Infected with this frickin song. It played in a movie I watched yesterday. First time I’d ever heard it. You’ve probably heard it a trillion times already.
Can’t stop singing the chorus. Was happily washing the car when my lady came out and asked me what I was saying. Apparently I’d been loudly singing as I tend to do with a catchy tune and I’m happily focused on some task.
Only this time I was repeatedly singing ....” Sucking on my titties like you wanting me , calling me all of the time “
It’s still going through my head.
I cant get enough of this song this week, an early 90s gem i only just discovered a few days ago, their others songs aren't bad either, bit of a mix of all those bands from that era.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
"Only this time I was repeatedly singing ....” Sucking on my titties like you wanting me, calling me all of the time “
well, that should help with social distancing...
let the tears flow...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
GHOST
One of their best:
One for 2020:
If you get them, you'll be hooked.
One of the best song from a surf vid ever <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The official most played song on my iPod for a few years running.
The Occy section of Filthy Habits was nuts.
Yeah that Occy section was sick, that whole video was sick, great surfers and some good waves and a killer soundtrack, would love to see that one cleaned up and released online.
#1 on the hit parade in Trump's America
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Let me guess...it went viral?
I might have to watch filthy habits again...I remember it been about an hour of severe disappointment, until the last 10 minutes of occy saving it, almost
The Johnny's were my fave on the soundtrack side
We are all gunna....<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Ben Affleck at his best
(2020) Zoom Vid Grid (Yawn?)
https://mashable.com/video/music-video-zoom-thao-and-the-get-down-stay-…
(1960's) Dorky TV Grid (Same?)
R.I.P Tim Brooke-Taylor
Yeah i know a cover but i needed a good excuse for a Spiderbait song from when they were still good.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
great dig indo...don't recall that...thanx so much for sharing cool rip! {Vale Tim!}
No doubt a few hear would be familiar with this little diddy.
I can't say I recognise the tune, but tbh, singing was not Pam's forte.
Not sure if it has been mentioned before but is that a McCoy Lazer zap she's riding? (@ 1:35)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
A McCoy gal & Lovelock's squeeze! Cool chick.
I'm sure Damo is not really playing guitar on that.
Horrible song BTW.
Damo wrote it!
Another great dig by Westofthelake...crew must be elbow deep in the couch crevice
Request more info! Did the crew hear [Kirra] in that Song! (This could be a 1st?)
tbb will have to backtrack Goldie Strand & Ratpack surf lyrics...
In my boredom I stumbled on this article from The The front man Matt Johnson which was from 2007. Interesting read about the state of the music industry even back then.
https://www.thethe.com/200-interview/
And this song of theirs released in 89 is very relevant today.
Just speed read it, but that's a great interview, excellent statements throughout.
Dream interviewer really: ask a one sentence question and get a wise, articulate, ten-minute response.
Have to read it again tonight.
Ah the joys of stifled creativity............
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Must be one of bowie's last live performances
Fave band name - superfluous nipple.
Classic motown
My faith in the current younger generation has been restored
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
thao and the get down stay down
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
...
I feel better now!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
"6th Battalion was the next to tour and it was me who drew the card."
anyone else check out the John Schuman and the Vagabond Crew facebook 'Australians at war' gig last night.
was pretty special. They are a great band live, moving stories to accompany many songs, and then also dig back into the Red Gum repertoire. Saw em in Eumundi a bit over a year ago, memorable
War! What is it good for?
Well, the music...
That was what War and Peace by Tolstoy was originally called apparently.It was his mistress that made him change the name...
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=RD8AHCfZTRGiI&feature=share&playn…
Jonny Cash covering NIN
Been around for a while now but an epic cover
Greenwood at 1hr 20min absolute gold.
PUNK
Goldie Punk tbb: "It's a bit rich...but you'll still get plenty dirty!"
Part 1&2 Trailers
https://www.facebook.com/johnlydonofficial/videos/episode-2-of-the-4-pa…
(SBS - Series) Season 1 (Part 1 of 4) Playing Now
US Proto Punks late Sixties to mid Seventies
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1721146435845/punk-s1-ep1
PS: The vid gets stuck between ads... just like tbb's Punk Records..
Gotta hit refresh & wear extra 2 ads each break, just saying it's not a deal breaker.
1234...Hey! Ho! Lets Go!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
2 days ago... Best vid of the 2020...
NZ Skater Gromz kick out the Jamz '70's freestyle...Gnarly Track Kidz...luv it!
Cherry Glazerr - Humble Pro (Fry that shit on low) ~ [Lyrics]
crew sends thanx to NZ Gromz for the breakout!
Rediscovered these guys again. Great tunes, lovely people. Nick Kennedy's an amazing drummer too... spent a lot of time aspiring to play as intelligently as he does.
Hey tbb - Class these guys as punk? Been a fan for many years- heaps of great tunes!
TBB will have his own take but I put them squarely into the proto-punk catagory. At the same time bands were indulging in overblown glam and prog-rock, the Modern Lovers were kings of the repetitive four chord riff - and in Roadrunner just two chords.
Lotta tropes that later became punk cliches got a toehold in the Modern Lovers.
@ H20
That's a pretty decent tune might have to throw that on my playlist, they are kind of one of those bands ive seen the name of but never checked out.
I can hear the influence they must have had on other bands, in a weird sense it even sounds quite modern but i wasn't even born in 72
@ thermalben
I never really got into Big heavy stuff, but they kind of seem like one of those 90s bands that got lost in the mix, i always think of them in the same mix as "Violetene" or "Sidewinder" or "Polyanna" i never really got into any of them but saw them support other bands, i think maybe if there hadn't been a lot of other bands like "Tumbleweed" "You am i" "Magic dirt" "Powderfinger" "Something for Kate" "Spiderbait" "Grinspoon" "frenzy rhomb" etc maybe they would have got more attention, you could probably include bands like "Screamfeeder" "the Fauves" in that mix too, although they had more attention.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Yep, there's a million bands that didn't quite get there. Got fond memories of a lot of 'em, and done shows with all of the ones you've listed above except Grinspoon (who I can't stand).
Actually saw Paul Dempsey play a ripper solo show a few weeks back - it's been amazing to see how far he (and SFK) have come since their early shows (we did quite a few with them back in the day).
In fact Paul was one of several catalysts for getting me to to go back to Uni and study meteorology, which eventually resulted in the birth of Swellnet. I was doing guitars for one of their Adelaide shows, and we had a long post-gig chat about all kinds of fascinating things he was studying at the time (astronomy, if I recall corectly). I thought about our convo a lot over the following weeks and then ended up re-enrolling at Flinders.
Just found Sandpit's 'On Second Thought' on Spotify.
What an incredible album.