More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
You need to wait for it to load .
Udo, cheers for that. Could totally relate to pretty much all of what Thornton was saying.
We (Ibaraki Prefecture) even get a mention in part 2 as well.
Finally! At last! There is a God! The sky's the limit!
And, God knows we deserve it Zen!
I'd firstly like to say, this isn't just about me, its been a team effort, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those who've supported me, those slogging it out, putting in the big ones behind the scenes, those nameless ones... this is for you too!
I had a speech prepared, but I'm too overcome at the moment. Time that we shed a tear, together!
I've recovered enough to give my speech, on this monumental occasion now!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Congratulations to Ken Loach for winning the Palme d'Or at Cannes for "I, Daniel Blake". The film shows the damage the so-called 'austerity' measures have wreaked in the UK post GFC.
Check this out in its entirety.
or Glen E. Friedman at least if stretched. Brilliant.
https://creative.arte.tv/fr/capturing-a-culture
RIP Howard Marks (Mr Nice)
<iframe width="500" height="300" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="500" height="300" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="500" height="300" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Reading that book right now GS..Mr nice an auto biography great read..
I heard its pretty good but i havent reaad it yet. I dont even know where to buy it. :)
But he did seem like a gutsy yet good bloke judging by those vids.
yeah, mr nice is a very good read. gertrude and alice bookshop, 46 hall st bondi have three copies.
Michael Herr , the author of Dispatches, a book on the vietnam war, died this week. it's generally considered the only book on the vietnam war. a very harrowing read.
The local library read the book for free..Yeh he definitely was on his game in organizing delevering tons of hash around the world...
..double post
Will keep an eye out for it, already looked at a few places that t didnt have it but they gave me strange concerned looks when i told them the idea of the story.I sidetracked into talking about a Nelson Mandela biography instead.
Dispatches sounds like a good book too.
For the non-readers there's a film of the book Mr Nice. Rhys Ifans plays Howie. Worth a look.
Thanks Shatner basoon found a copy of that. Will watch soon.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183911/
Found this while looking for spearfishing clips. The stripy guy from 1.10 on looks pretty cuddly
Ha! Classic
These guys little short series are pretty cool reminds me of a few Aboriginal mates i had, hows the white fella seems he can speak their dialect, pretty cool.
https://iview.abc.net.au/programs/black-as/IP1420D001S00#
Few bit on youtube<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Continued on Youtube.
John was at Grajagan while I was there this year great bloke, humble and a ripper in the surf worth a look funny guy.C:\Users\Findlay\Pictures\2015-12-21\Demo Reel (UNDATEABLE JOHN clips) - IMDb_files
pee pee the sailor
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
For those Inherent Vice and Big Lebowski fans...
https://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/inherent-vice-spiritual-prequel-to-the-big-…
Thanks turkey. It's nice to know at least a few other people enjoyed Inherent Vice. It was always going to be a stretch for anyone who hadn't read the book. I suppose if you were going to try and film Pynchon that was the best option though I have always thought someone should give Gravity's Rainbow a shot though the moment has probably passed now.
Interesting, very interesting...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
It's nah for the drink it's for the Bingoooo bingooo I'll tell ya.<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Almost Holy - anyone watched it ?
Will check that out Udo.
Heres a vid on a chinese chemical plant exploding.
and
A few people filming died and heres a picture of the remaining crater and destroyed surrounding buildings.
https://i.imgur.com/qc7FPxa.jpg/
Holy fuk thats heavy stuff Groundswell...what was that all about.?
simba - Chinese chemical explosion / images.
Heres more on that Simba
Although some say it was a deliberate attack or saboteur that was responsible:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tiajin+god+rod
Thanks GS, checking it out ......makes you wonder whats really going on sometimes.
Voted #1 film of the century to date. By film critics worldwide.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Sputnik 1000w P-laser : You tube.
Cool machine.
Chasing Bubbles : Vimeo or Youtube.
Chasing Bubbles - A fly on the wall doco based on the exploits of the residents of the Neverland Ranch ?
he he
Almost Holy - now avail on YouTube
Fukashima Flake anyone : You Tube - 300kg Tiger shark filleting and cutting
A couple of zens mates dissecting a tiger shark for market ..the cleanest filleting you will ever see no mess no fuss.
Show us your Donga : ABC online
Did anyone watch Almost Holy ?
A Bad Brains doco. Also Friedman's site is fucken cool bananas, period.
https://idealistpropaganda.blogspot.com.au/2016/12/bad-brains-documentar…
Ha like a car crash you have to look.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
E...helluva drug!
Overflowing Glory Hole Spillway Lake Berryessa Drone report : youtube
I think Bannon may have been the producer?*
https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/03/young-karl-marx-review-raoul-peck/
*this may be 'fake news'! Struth!
don letts doco on skinheads
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
^^ Great doco. The liner notes to 'Skinhead Revolt' also addresses the roots of the movement, and the music is a fantastic mix of white boy reggae, black artists, and dancehall moonstomping. It's a VA album but a lot of songs are hard to find elsewhere.
Lately I've been unable to sleep due to the relentless humidity so the wee hours have been spent watching (or rewatching) music docos.
Last night, End Of The Century. The film that fractured the myth of the Ramones brotherhood showing it as little more than a caricature. It's sober viewing for hardcore fans but you always kinda suspect it was manufactured - more a brand than a band. Those first three albums but...
Dig! Discredited by the Dandy Warhols and Brian Jonestown Massacre when it came out, and yet it's narrated by Courtney Taylor? A great study in creativity and social dynamics; two bands seek each out over shared influences, but support turns sour when one band, the less talented one, gets popular while the other sinks under the rampant ego of the leader. Is there ever a safe (read: non self-destructive) path to critical acclaim?
Some Kind Of Monster. Perhaps the best music doco ever, but I doubt Metallica fans would agree as it makes the band look like emotionally stunted fools. Fantastic, cringeworthy, enthralling viewing.
Rudeboy. The cinema verite take on London 1977. The filmmakers caught so many of the big moments of the era while shooting this odd film about a deadbeat attracted to the new sounds of punk. He becomes a roadie to The Clash, and the aforementioned 'moments' often occur backstage, and even on stage, during the Clash's meteoric rise. It's a doco but there's no 'looking back', it's all happening in front of the camera.
Searching for Sugarman. 'Cold Fact' released 1970 was one of my fave albums of the 1990s, so I appreciate the delayed fame that this doco chronicles. I first heard Sixto Rodriguez's debut from a mate's Dad who was South African, and in 1990 I took my fist trip to Cactus where a fellow camper, also a South African, delighted over it, singing each song 'round the campfire. I didn't realise the SA connection till I saw this film. Modern story telling turns this film into a charm.
Some good choices there, Stu-bags.
The Rodriguez yarn definitely resonated. Except my Saffa experience happened at the Bluff. For years it was a catchphrase of ours: "What? You guys have never heard of Rodreeegissss?" (in heavy Afrikaaaans accent). Almost put me off the bloke.
Almost. (Well, it is a bit cod-Dylan, ain't it?)
Anyways, it's a pretty cool doco.
Maybe, 'cos I just saw The Specials and am about to see Madness, I'm reminded of a few.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
dance craze is so good! bad manners look like a lot of fun to see live, as do the bodysnatchers.
i found the ramones doco so depressing...i had an image of then as "us against the world", only to find out they hated the shit out of each other. johnny is such a dick! but we all knew that. i hope you;re right that it doesn't represent the reality.
sugarman is a little misleading...he didn't disappear. the guy was a star in australia. midnight oil supported him when he played here..i think twice. the song 'sugarman' was a radio hit. parties in the 70s -- it was either santana or "cold hard fact" on the record player. but i guess it does tell the south african experience and perception.
the humidty has dropped off a bit, but if you have trouble sleeping...
there are some really good music docos on netflix ..'muscle shoals' (about the recordin studio) and 'the wrecking crew'..about the session musicans that made pretty much every hit song. it's mindblowing hopw many brilliant songs they made.