More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Ok Welly, you don't have to dance.
You should see me Zenagain, love a good hard foot stomp in the bush to some chunky phat rolling doof.
Ask Whitey, you there Whitey....!, eh eh, ohhh yeah brother.
Just don't forget your whistle, kandi bracelet and glow-stick Welly;)
Interesting post here.
https://www.yowiehunters.net/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4756
Are the pics any good wellymonster ?
Udo, No I had a look and can't really see anything, but saying that You could see what You want to see.
The bloke "Bushmaster" has another thread on here as well, which is just as interesting.
A guy wanted to see them (Yowies) with another fellow...! The guy ended up in a psych ward.......!
I will look for the post :)
Udo here ya go champ ;)
https://www.yowiehunters.net/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4759
This stuff fascinates me Welly , but I just find it hard to believe that with all the easily affordable good quality digital cameras and motion sensor night vision cameras that there still isn't any crystal clear footage of them?
Not denying there out there Welly, just not convinced yet..
I understand what you are saying Goofyfoot, no worries there.
I know what you are saying about digital cameras, motion sensors etc. if you go deep on the site of "Yowie Hunters" you will find that being a nocturnal animal they are very sensitive to infrared.....?
Apparently there is a camera non infra red now...?
I'm looking into it as I have a few good advantage points using rope access high above, unlike other researchers who use them at eye level....
I'm getting pretty amped at the mo as, Myself and my wife have heard these hominids moving around around our section early hours of the morning the last months or so. I'm gonna put a melon up high in the tree tomorrow, higher than what a human can reach, as well as black cotton across the track I know they use ,thats above eye level....?
Been given these tips by an acquaintance off "YH", have found some astonishing footprints across moss covered logs, that have been there for years.....? These marks are twice as wide as a human and in the same spot..?
Hey Goofyfoot, be patient I will either see them or document them soon, I'm a good hunter bro, born and bred hunting deer and pig, have good tracking capabilities.
:)
Good luck mate :)
Any joy with the black cotton or high hanging mango Wellymon? I'm intrigued to find out what those creatures are...
Not of yet BK, I'm a bit broken at the moment, so can't climb any trees etc.
Heres a few photos from down in front of my pad last month, have a read.
https://www.yowiehunters.net/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4811
Very interesting link here, if anyone is interested, 1 hour long so grab a beer, have a bong what ever takes your fancy ;)
https://iview.abc.net.au/programs/enigma-man-a-stone-age-mystery/NH1203W…
Cheers Whirly. I've been thinking about watching this but it seems like it's probably a bit dramatised too...?
It is quite interesting Mitch Very Good, the fact that the remains found, looked from 100-200,000+ years ago, but were only around 10,000 years ago. So a different species was living present with the more modern Human.....?
this is a different species that was living with the modern day human in Yunnan!

Classic MVG
The jaw looks quite protruding.
The fingers are showing a very modern human look.
The brow and forehead features are distinct in some way.
Let me guess, Homo Mitch Sapian Very Good Erectus??
Hey Welly, those rub marks etc on the trees, have you found or looked for any fur or hair caught in the bark or in the general area?
Some saliva found and sent off for testing, results Welly ?
Yeah Fitzy I'm at a stage of gathering leaf litter and drying out to send to a hair DNA specialist, that I have been in contact with. The "Hairy One" has not been around for awhile, as I'm waiting, but Ive been lazy, regards.... Waiting.....? Slow process as I'm keeping a diary at the moment to when I hear and feel that he/she is around. Its hard as sometimes I sleep all night, other times I wake and sit on the deck and hear things...?
I going to go back to my research site and gather leaf litter, dry it out and sort through it to find hairs longer than 2 inches, which are maximum for any Australian Marsupial...? I have a person now where I can send this to :) Pretty happy as all this takes time.
It might be really weird to you guys but, I live in the bush and I know they are there at certain times.....
Udo, funny you say that as the hair DNA specialists has given me some solutions to get salvia. As a result with in America.
They set up an Ice-cream container with the lid on, set it up in the trees, on the bottom of the container glued sand paper, then placed peanut butter on the sand paper, then put the lid back on...!
Came back and discovered the lid taken off, due to fingers and hand dexterity...... The peanut butter was licked down to the sand paper and Saliva DNA was taken...?
As usual authorities took the evidence, which even happens here in Australia....
When I took photos Fitzy of IMO where the "Hairy One" has been sitting checking me out at night, 2-3 weeks later I went down and found this which was not there before....?
This Tee Pee was 5ft away from IMO where the "Hairy One" has been sitting during the night checking me out, having a ciggy or just sitting listening.....???

I've been back and done little things, with regards to other peoples influences, but no response yet...?
Waiting
:)
Do you still get the sulphur smell when its about.
Udo, I love your interest as you are the one, when we had Private Messaging to get myself going on this topic, hence yourself the google master;)...!
I thought hard about putting this thread up, but I honestly thought fuck it, I might as well....
A: A lot of surfers live at the beach, hence no contact at all....!
B: It might recollect memories from their own or other peoples experiences that they know of, from various bush expeditions ...?
C: Im interested in this topic, the "Yowie" and have had many experiences living here for 11 years, that I believe myself and have come to the conclusion that they are the 'Ultimate Bushman/Women' IE being so elusive from the modern man for years.............
D: I know people will not believe until they have hard evidence, this will come soon, there are so many factors involved .....
Udo answering your question about the smell, NO, I/We have not smelt this since........Why I'm not sure wh...
Maybe certain times they are around and usually this is with SE-East winds, hence the smell gets blown away from us, back into the state forest, I know when we smelt this smell which I never have before... It was a NW-West wind , hence the smell, but during summer...? which is rare here up on the SE QLD coast.
I have been emailing a well represented person regards all this, he has his own facebook site on this topic, as he got the shits with "Yowie Hunters" as it become too "paranormal' and conjecture....? I'm not on facebook and don't want to be, so I just email him regularly to keep updated..
He was well interest in my" 2 cents worth thread" on YH and has been in contact for awhile since. Very interested in the tree where IMO they have been sitting, hence hair samples for DNA...? This is what he does and is in close relationship with other anthropologists etc.
As regards to my research site, I have been back and hung a water bottle up between the path with Nylon fishing line, as opossums will not climb down it... Drilled holes in the water bottle.. and put a couple of tablespoons of Nutella and some Starburst Snakes in...
That another story from a researcher that gave me this info ;) It worked...?
I had no luck tho, as I know these fellas go away for awhile then come back.
Thanks for the interest Udo, much appreciated.
I don't really care if people on here think I'm crazy...
I live in the Australian Bush close to the most historic and well represented "Yowie" sightings in Australia a hotspot ;)
Welly , the Woodenbong stories on Cryptozoology News made the hair on my neck stand up !
I'm loving it as well Welly, pictures adding to the story/sightings are great as well. Keep us udpated!
Udo just looked that one up, pretty cool site as well. (The book on there is supposed to be very well written"The Yowie: In Search of Australia’s Bigfoot " by Tony Healy and Paul Cropper).
This is why I do believe they are flesh and blood as there has been too many sightings from all walks of life here in Australia since the first settlers let alone the Aboriginals...?
Cheers Craig would love to see one champ, I Have a few more stories, one pretty trippy one that happened to my wife and her friend years ago, nothing to do with "Yowies" tho;) can't bore you all that much..haha
Its more about 'Dark Energy' Evil presence. oooooohhhhhhhh, Will get the correct info of my girl and type latter.
Here ya go, I've followed heavy tracks around my research site, directly to this log, now this moss has been growing on this log for years. As you can see closer to the camera is a worn out tread/footprint...??? and very big, as well along the log away from the first mark is another which is about 4-5ft long in between the first..?. I have not measured them but are a lot longer than human and wider...? As well you can see bark worn off trees whilst holding onto while walking...
Welly how does your other half cope out there, when your away, my mrs would be petrified if she thought some hairy ape thing was sniffing around, ewwww.
Salt , funny you say that as, She is just as intrigued as myself... Let alone the "Hairy One" being just as intrigued and nosey theirselves........
You might laugh at this but there has been past reporting's where the "Hairy One" has stalked a lady of the house in the Blue Mountains...! These times were documented around the same time as the lady was having her monthlies ..... Great sense of smell, hence the ultimate bush one ;)
The ultimate scent to attract a Yowie...........something used hanging from the trees by a string.........
Classic Udo, A little messy to say the least;)
Yeah, I'm not totally skeptical about these types of things but not sold on the whole thing either. Like how come no one has ever found a dead one? Or have they? I did hear a story recently of a couple of mates pulling over for a piss half way to Penong in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. Their dog went apeshit and they thought they saw a shadowy figure of something a bit bigger thana man, they all saw it. They shit themselves jumped back in the car and took off pronto.
Some science into the mix
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/02/yetis-ruled-out-by-scienti…
Don't believe it Welly, the same school of thought told us they've just " discovered " a few thousand more 5 metre long sharks swimming around the Atlantic than they were adamant didn't exist .
Cheers BB, good link as I've come across this before.
Quote from Sykes " before I had an established reputation as a scientist," he admitted – said he was struck that science was accused by yeti enthusiasts of rejecting the notion of their existence. "This conflicts with the basic tenet that science neither rejects nor accepts anything without examining the evidence," the team wrote."
Interesting....?
Blowin no worries there brother, as there are many like yourself, no disrespect;)
You know what! it keeps me interested, especially where I live , as have previously said, prime hotspot...
Hey myself and my other half hear shit early hours sometimes, that has no reference to other nocturnal animals in Australia. Like I have photographed, with tracks etc, the sounds of wood knocks, broken tree limbs that don't sound like branches falling and to top it off with very heavy bipedal spaced apart footprints down in the bush close to my home....?
I know what you are saying Blowin:) this is my little research and it could go on for along time, which I think it will...;)
I'm looking into nocturnal night vision that can be set up with a video etc.. Whether it be high up in the trees using rope access, or from my deck........
Cheers fellas ;)
....Edit sorry
Outdoor cameras .com.au
Farm cam.com
Sorry to you Welly, I didn't even finish the article and thought the scientists were writing off the Yeti , I felt like you'd been told there was no Santa so I jumped in gung-ho like a knob, as usual. As you were intrepid hunter.
sebaik Blowin :)
Hahaha yeah Welly, I watched the doco and you're spot on! Good doco, it's good to think of ourselves as any other animal; similar species aren't uncommon and interbreeding does occur. There's a few good snippets in there where they basically just say, we don't really know shit all. I'd like to see an up to date map with the different theories, sites, dates and migration paths.
Salt, must've been Lifty out there.
Oh and Welly, was listening to Sunday Night Safran. They interviewed Robert Bruce, who has written The Practical Psychic Self-Defense Handbook. He said to clear a house of malevolent spirits, sulfur is the strongest fumigant. So ahhhhh, I guess that means The Hairy One isn't possessed...
Interesting MVG, I like Safran :)
Malevolent spirits, now this has me thinking about certain things around our house.
I know we don't have 'Malevolent spirits', well who's to know, My wife has had some pretty trippy stuff happen to her years ago with a good friend....?
Interesting stuff Mitch Very Good.
Quote FishLegs "My last post said Yeti,but in fact you are right Welly. It should have been Yowie. So how is it you have adopted a mythological creature in to your world when you don't have any first nation connection to their heritage or culture."
I have first connection bush experience where I live FishLegs, IMO I feel it has nothing to do with first nation connection to their heritage or culture.
Here is a great new site made by a bloke down South Coast NSW (Rusty222), IMO Rusty has done some amazing research and is in the forefront of Yowie research in Australia with a couple of others, enjoy:)
https://www.farsouthcoasthominoidevidence.org/
Welly, Sir David Attenboroughs life long ambition is to track down a Yeti ,the hunt starts soon.
Geez he is an awesome bloke, how did you find out Udo that is one of his life time ambitions...?
Will very interesting, as I think he will do a more professional job than some of these Yanks, haha.
Got a link Udo..!
Cheers Wellyfish
Yowies Yeties wot a load of fuckin shit no such thing they don't exist
its your neighbor shaking the house making noises sitting back laughin at ya
what does he do for a job
I saw a ghost, apparition, whatever you want to call it, of a middle aged man, when I was about 9 years old and staying at one of my auntie's place. She lived alone in a big mansion on a property west of Brisbane. Her husband died in the early 90s I think. I don't know what he looked like. But I know what I saw. I was walking down a hallway, down a short flight of stairs and just as I rounded the bend the furtherest wing of the house, from the bathroom door he emerged, crossing straight across the hall to study (incidentally, his old one, filled with a lot of his stuff still). As he crossed the hallway he slowed and looked straight at me. We made eye contact and maintained it while continued into the study. At which point, I royally fucking shat myself and pissbolted as fast as I could back to the main lounge area where everyone was watching The Bodyguard...strangely enough nobody asked me why I came bolting in, with heart racing so hard it felt like it would explode from my chest, and not saying a word, for about 15 mins....and all they asked, where've you been? WHERE HAVE I BEEN!!!!???? I told them (my sisters and cousin) and after about 20 minutes convinced them to come check it out with me (no idea where the parents were that day). We eventually went down there but saw nothing.
My background is in science (admittedly, it's environmental science). But to this day, whenever someone asks me if I believe in ghosts, or spirits, or whatever. I say yes. I don't know how it's possible. But yes. Because I know what I saw.
@mowgli-spooky! Found this link about David Attenborough's search for the Yeti but someone might of beaten him to it? https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/09/06/david-attenborough-wants-…
Also...
There's been a lot of talk for years in Australia regarding panthers, or at least feral cats so large that they have to panther/mountain lion genes in them, particularly in central Vic highlands, and the Blue Mountains, and a few other places. But those places in particular because when you see a map of the location of sightings, they're heavily concentrated in about 3 or 4 regions.
Anywho, I always thought that it certainly seemed possible, given that all these farmers can't be wrong. One day last year I saw a news story with a farmer who said recently they'd been finding sheep that had been killed quite cleanly by some large clawed animal (as opposed to wild dogs, which do a messy, somewhat unplanned job...kinda like comparing Jean Reno from The Professional with John Mclane Die Hard 4)....More to the point, the parts of the sheep that had been eaten were not the parts dogs go for. Even more worrying was that he found a handful of sheep that appeared to have just been killed for boredom or pleasure, as they weren't torn open or anything, but their throats had been crushed by jawbite. I brought this story up with my old housemate who is from Ballarat and said "whaddya reckon, true or false?"...
Without pausing he said, 100% true. I says "oh yeah, why so sure?" "Because I've seen one". Long story short, he grew up on a property on the edge of a state forest outside of ballarat. And had heard from various farmers over the years about sightings and attacks on livestock. So many that every year groups of amateur and professional hunters would come from other parts of Vicco and interstate to enter the forest via his property. There were a few sightings, some hair tufts and some paw prints seen, but no success as yet, or bones. The hunters were adamant that the cats exist because back when the US military was stationed in Victoria, one of the mascots (I think it's the Marines') is a cougar and they had a bunch of live ones with them. Well, war's over so they're all shipping out but US quarantine says you can't bring the cougars so destroy them. The story goes that a bunch of them could bring themselves to do it so they snuck the cougars our into some State forest and just let them go.
One year in particular they heard that there'd been an attack on some guys livestock and went round to the blokes place. Something big had attacked a cow. Something big enough to jump onto it's hind quarters and leave big deep claw marks on either side of the cows body and a bite mark on its hips. IN a manner just like lions do when they jump up on the back of a wilderbeest.
The icing on the cake was still to come.
A few months later, my mate got up pre-dawn to go milk the cows. He couldn't get his older brother outta bed so figured he'd just get things going till Joel joined him. He went out the back screendoor, and just about to step down from the verandah onto the road that ran downhill passed the house, passed the milking sheds, ending at the last paddock before the forest, when he heard a low growl, and looking straight at him was a very big, long dark cat walking down the road towards the forest. He said it was about 2 feet high at the shoulder, but very fucking long, with a massive tail, just like a slightly smaller version of a mountain lion. He froze and backed up into the house, got behind the screen door and yelled for his brother. The cat picked up its pace and continued down the road. By the time Joel got to the door and they grabbed a cricket bat and a knife and went to see if they could still see it. They wanted to get the rifles and go after it, but they were kept locked up in the machinery shed, which was right down where the cat went.
Sooooo, after all that, to answer your question Wellymon, have I ever seen a yowie etc? No. Do I think it's possible that they're out there? Certainly.
Also, re. technologically advanced life visiting Earth. I don't just think it's possible, I believe it almost certainly happens. 200 billion stars just in the milkyway, with up to a 100 billion solar systems, and you're telling me that life hasn't advanced technologically much more than we have? The mathematics are in favour. If the mass extinction during the Permian didn't occur, and none of the others since, how advanced would life be today?
wellymon, i may be able to explain your monster. The strong sulphur smell is common to both possums and fruit bats when mating, especially around certain blossoming trees. See if certain trees are flowering or fruiting as these trees attract bats, possums and other animals who all leave marks (urine/faeces) on the tree and combined with acidic nature of fruit or blossom, it absolutely reaks, especially around mating season. They can also make a racket at night and it also attracts other species who feed on whats dropped.
I spent alot of time wandering around Cape York with my dad, elders and by myself and have seen some very large dogs, cats and strange lights and sights. There are crossbreeds living in the bush and light formations can be gas or mineral related or electromagnetic- seen lots when solar flares erupt. But have seen most UFO's around big energy spots like ex volcanoes and large bodies of water and large mineral deposits that have an electrical charge. Seen heaps at Taupo in NZ and here especially at Mt Warning. I observe these lights circling or hovering the areas, then fly in a straight line across the water before they then take off at enormous speed. Seems like they tap into energy source, amp it up using water, then off they go.
Nice to know there are still things unknown.