More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
I thought i felt a disturbance in the force today.
Kinda looked average when i looked but was low tide.
Don’t know where to put this but don’t want to start a new thread.
Anyone know anything about bikes. Retro bikes. I’m thinking of giving this a nudge. Any good? Price ok? Plenty done to it in the comments.
https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/details/1973-honda-cb500-four/SSE-AD…
This what they looked like out of the factory

Had a CB500 and a later VT 500 when living in London. Bullet proof courier bike, everywhere in the 90's. My mechanic friends loved them, easy to fix and loads of parts. But that was 30 years ago. Most would have been thrashed and generally uncared for given the use. Pretty simple mechanically if you can get hold of the parts today you will be fine. Price seems pretty high for what it is but I have not been looking.
Thanks Blackers. Can’t see any indicators on it either? Reckons it was registered.
To be honest you could pick up something new or newish with modern brakes and suspension that work, for not much more. Royal Enfield (built in India these days) or even something like a cfmoto (china) withe the same look and a warranty.
https://royalenfield.com.au/model/meteor-350-fireball/
https://www.cfmoto.com.au/model/450cl-c-bobber
Yeah but I just like the idea of an old retro bike for my mid life crisis. Drum brake on rear is pretty dodge though
Look at this CB500.
https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/details/1972-honda-cb500-four/SSE-AD…
Check out some CX 500 Cafe Builds
Theses Mutts are assembled in Brisbane. China made from British company. Only 250cc which would be alright as I’m not a rider(yet)
Wonder what service and parts is like
https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/details/2020-mutt-sabbath/SSE-AD-181…
Like a fully retro board you will soon realise why the design was superceded. But hey go fer gold, but buy the old bones and pimp it yourself. A full midlife crisis "project".
Edit: go 500 as a start, smaller won't get you out of trouble, larger will get you into it.
https://hatoya.co.jp/22-rebel250s-nb?nv=set
Do they have the Honda Rebel in Oz? They're super popular here and I believe pretty cheap- about $6k. Quite a waiting list I believe.
I reckon they look cool and because it's a Honda should be pretty reliable. Lady friend of mine just got hers. Loves it.
Shame the Mutts only go 250cc
Thanks Zen will have a look. And also udo
I think they do a 500cc Rebel too. Not quite sure.
Okay as I’ve got to get my learners LAMS or whatever they call I think max size in QLD is 660
500 be good
I suppose newer has linked abs discs front and rear and fuel injection would be a bonus
Here is Zen's suggestion, Honda CMX500. Ticks a few boxes.
https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/honda/cmx500-s-abs/
Gosh, they seem to hold their value well. Could be mistaken but about $6k here so that sounds about right for Oz pricing. Smart looking little bike I reckon.
I don’t know guys they look too much like Harley’s.
Look at this one Udo. Ads a bit old so might be gone
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1940467093100232/?ref=categor…
yeh, you're on it @seeds, you want something a spy, postie, or villager might steam about on, cool, cos it is functional and doesn't think too much of itself. This all started with @Supa's blue meanie for good reason!
“ something a spy, postie, or villager might steam about on, “ Not a Virago then? My bad.
Haha I don’t want to draw too much attention to myself. I’m a rather understated guy
So, no sleeve tatt to go with the new bike and midlife crisis then?
just a little runabout, even a simple trailbike... just something understated @seeds won't draw attention on, when he frocks up and heads down to the local library for literacy week.
God no
I’d have to wear my hot pants drag outfit. Can’t have my frock getting tangled in the chain and going arse over tit. Wouldn’t want the kiddies to miss out on my reading
Still like the top one. Not the price.
Second one probs better but hate the exhaust and the hydracele sized fuel tank
They’re both carburetor fuel delivery
hahaha, god these threads are funny, hey @seeds..?
as we all know, every situation deserves its own evaluation, with circumstances and context, yet we love to postulate and theorise and generalise, broad sweeping brush strokes, hoping to strike a chord..
keep us posted @seeds, good luck on the motorbike hunt, great fun for us to watch.
What about a German style helmet and some goggles?
Yeah it’s good when discussions spring up out on a tangent.
Funny I’ve already been googling stuff like that and don’t know if I’m buying a bike or not yet.
Now bike mechanics out there. The ‘73 is air cooled. The ‘81 looks like it has a radiator up front. Am I right. What would be better?

Or is that a fancy air cooler
Later Model is Liquid Cooled.
https://pipeburn.com/search/cx500
If more recent go water cooled. However, radiators and pipes can block up and fans die in older bikes, Air cooled is simpler. You only want flames painted on your tank and a cooked head will lead to a big bill.
Last one from me on this. These look fun - CL 500 and CB350,
Where’s the fan on that radiator?
Old air cooled Kombis seemed to last. You think I shouldn’t go with air cooled Blackers?
That top one looks good.
ps probably should have started a separate thread after all.
Stu do your magic.
No air cooled is fine. Fan was behind on my bikes
What happened to the Women thread? Disappeared?
Any girls out there wanna chip in and talk about bikes. Heaps of ladies like bikes.
Maybe a better choice of words eh Roady?
yeh, good on you @seeds, we all need things to focus on. Coming out of winter/spring can be hard, a few hits of vit D can just make you feel even weirder, a few of us been howling at the moon of late, me included, @wax for good reason, and @southern, who is always empathetic, heart in the right place and on sleeve, total legend. Gets an idea in his head and finds it all consuming, sure, but he pursues good ideas. And he doesn't post for ego. Good news weekend, @Guy, I can feel it! : )
;)
https://au.news.yahoo.com/aussie-apartment-owners-amazing-feat-after-mo…
I'm not Southerns enemy and we see eye to eye on many things. In this instance, not. I thought he was just a little bit fanatical in regards to all of this and was inviting pushback. Even then, that pushback wasn't too severe and many people, including myself were concerned about his state of mind and I still am.
I would have loved to read what he wrote back though.
Roady, very rough. He's still a bloke and a contributor and a mate. Don't forget that please.
Yep bit rough Roady.
SR has a good moral compass for sure but he does go AWOL sometimes. My first disagreement with him was nuts. He straight away made it about gender and all I was doing was commenting on an incident as I witnessed it. He posted the clip and it was some huge clash between authority and protesters. Next I was advocating for violence against women like I was there perpetrating the injustice apparently.
Funny old fellow is Humphrey.
yeh, while we're on that.. who suggested humphrey b bear was orange like dj trump the other day?
obviously thinking of fat cat! Jeeez... a little respect. fat cat vs. humphrey b bear was like ford vs. holden.
mixing the two up is unconscionable!
Shoot, Base... i was going on about somethin over in the SeppoReich (no ghetto any longer!), when my phone all of a sudden couldn't connect with SwellNet. It worked in all other regards, but here, 2-3 days later, It still can't access. I'm on my work computer, atm.
I figure a Power Greater Than Myself was saving Myself from Myself, lol. Pulled the plug on me! (saved y'all, too, hey?!)
(oops! should these comments drift over to Church?)
Anyways, nice to stretch my legs and get outta SeppoReich for a bit......
I can see that now, blackers. I could have used a different word in this case.
Not under any context will that shit be tolerated. Appreciate you've realised this now, but please, next time stop and think.
Good luck tomorrow craig and team!!
https://fundraise.lifelinenb.org.au/fundraisers/swellnet
dig deep swellnetters! (maybe a contribution @roadkill?)
Good call @basesix and no hard feelings to any.
I deliberately drop bombs on these forums to provoke people for a response. Seems the only way to get things going when it's against the grain of indifference.
Just voicing my opinion. Pull no punches. Go down swinging.
Lucky we're in a society free to do that.
And thanks to Swellnet for allowing that.
History will speak kindly of allowing this space.
All the best to all of you. We're surfers.
mm, but I reckon it was YOU who suggested humphrey was a ginger @southern!
I wanna hear more about seeds’ adventures on 2 wheels. It’s peaked my interest in bikes again, retirement present to myself instead of a gold watch.
Less chance of stacking a gold watch though.
No hard feelings Southern please. I didn't mean that about your moral compass. It's strong inside you.