More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Terrific speaker with an easy to understand perspective on the history of the occupation of Palestine and current life there. The first three minutes alone are eye opening.
"Mohammed El-Kurd is a Palestinian writer and poet. "
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5nANFCJkaU7OYanBpdF2Aj?si=4SA4kJ3ETvOU…
Two episodes ago Lex interviewed Benjamin Netanyahu. I haven't listened to that one yet.
This is nuts. I’ve been following this story. They made it.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-30/nt-world-record-darwin-underwate…
It’s a ripper aye. Heard them interviewed beforehand and promptly forgot about it, so thanks for the reminder. Great lead photo, including the fish!
ABC tv news is running a story this morning. Some good footage
**Nearly 12 hours after the journey began, the Mudcrab emerged, with one enthusiastic spectator telling the team to "drive this thing straight to the pub".**
Classic Darwin
Fun fact. The great Buddy Franklin who retired today began his long and stellar career in 2005.
In that same year Kelly Slater had already retired with 6 world titles, returned, won another 5 since and has now outlasted him and continues on....
Congrats to the great Bud. One of the all time greats.
That’s a big career these days. Good on him.
Reckon Sydney got their moneys worth with him?
Hard call for perspective in 2012 Sydney won a premiership
In 2014 Buddy goes to Sydney, they played three finals with him 2014, 2016 and 2022 but lost all of them.
So in a way its kind of a yes in that he helped get them there but then on the flipside he never won them a premiership so also kind of a No.
Great player though.
The man draws a crowd, so yeah I think so. Take Indo's point but they were never truly in the frame post-2012, the perpetual top-up without a rebuild, like Geelong. He kept memberships up in a non-AFL city. Good work and was a pleasure to watch when he was on.
Yeah fair point that too.
Yep he would of sold a lot of jumpers and got numbers through the gates.
Awesome player when he's in full flight.
Cut a swathe through the women of Melbourne in his day also!
A good friend of mine who will remain nameless played a lot of footy with him at the Hawks and some of the stories he's got about Buddy would make your eyes water.
Haha yes, I believe so.
Definitely got their moneys worth GF in my opinion.
To make 3 Grannies is ridiculous and he sure was a pivotal part of getting them there.
To win a grandfinal on the day is tough.
He's a proven premiership player from Hawks so can't fault him in their losses (except maybe last years dud effort but he's aged).
Also the international coverage of not just the Swans but AFL when he kicked his 1000th goal is press money can't buy.
I remember seeing him playing at the Gabba in his first year and straight away i was impressed with the amount of presence he had on the ground.
Ha. Can only imagine the stories that could be told.
committed to the 2 hour listen yesterday Patrick, well worth it, cheers,
Might try the Netanyahu one today
https://www.wired.com/story/for-the-love-of-god-stop-microwaving-plasti…
That microwaving plastics one, yeah...
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? ...
I'm having a cognitive dissonance moment - almost expected David Duchovny to be on the witness stand. Are they really discussing this one openly in US Congress? Is 50 years of sci-fi pop culture oozing into reality? Or has it been the reality all along?
The Ms doesn't talk about it much but being raised on the edge of the wheatbelt the sky is awesome, and alive at night. They did see lights over the farm tip that came out of nowhere, stayed stationary in the sky, then vanished as quickly as they came. I've driven and worked remote a huge amount and seen nothing. Who knows...
I’ve watched half of the video VJ put up and it’s really really interesting. I kept wondering while watching, why now ? What are they trying to turn our heads from ?
I love this UFO shit and use to believe but now I dont think we have ever been visited.
The odds and distance are too great and the likely hood of a visit during human existence unlikely. (human existence being a blink of an eye in earths life)
If other life is out there its most like they are on one grain of sand on at the end of one long beach and we are on another grain of sand way up the other end.
That other shit is real though has to be USA drone tech, just think the USA put a man on the moon over 50 years ago, the tech they have that we dont know about would be crazy.
Will watch when get a chance though.
100% - well put, Indo. Bit o' fun though, hey?
Well one way to diffuse all the tension in the Pacific and the war in Ukraine might be to find a common enemy and all be friends and then we can do this
I've been humming the theme all weekend and cracking the Ms up...
First UFOs and ETs being vouched for in Congressional hearings, now superconductivity at room temperature, what a weekend!
Woke up to a little earthquake this morning. My first one!
Thought there was a ghost or something shaking my bed which i wasn't too keen on.
A quick online search and realized no need to call ghostbusters.
5.2 magnitude i think it was.
5.2, that’s enough to get you thinking SR. I get them regularly in my neck of the woods. 7.8 is the biggest I’ve had, one quite long one. I was in the shower and could see the walls going from side to side. We had the house designed to handle them. I had one upstairs though, felt like a truck hit the house, but that one didn’t last long. Funny feeling isn’t it. I wonder what they feel like in the water? If you feel them?
Wow! 7.8 would be intense Bud1!!
Not sure i'd be keen on that, and pretty sure i'd be happy leaving my earthquake days behind me at one. Pretty powerful stuff!
Would be interesting in the water. I'd imagine there'd be some kind of extra movement (tidal waves aside) that would be noticable.
Would be interesting if you were inside a tube as one happened. ;-)
Interesting
Philadelphia.....
Exceptionalism ? ;)
Certainly not interesting stuff.
- paging mr jjf…
A symbolic and clear contrast from the streets of Philly ;)
This is batshit crazy.
Completely!
And he kept his cheese cutter on.
Geeez… that was one sure way to ruin a fantastic moustache ;)
Surely could’ve attempted something first from a lesser height and maybe into water before goin full frog splat…
- he certainly looked hesitant… maybe the crowd pressure was too alluring.
This one is fictional, but full marks for theatrics ;)
In the comments it says he jumped off a building first, as a trial, and broke his leg. I think that’s the footage of him jumping. The tower footage of his death is crazy. Bloke was bonkers!
ps. JF, that was funny.
OG BASE jumper. Respect.
Serious stuff.
https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2023/08/10/hawaii-big-island-maui-wildf…
Super heavy, fanned by Hurricane Dora to the south-west.
Jeezus :(
Be careful crew, they are still out there:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/deadly-spider-that-causes-hours-long-erection…
Haha that’s a problem I could deal with. The missus would have the Mortein out for sure. Hahaha that is peculiar.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priapism
Reckon the spider venom chemically is like the blue pill.
"can cause extreme pain, a drop or increase in blood pressure, change in heart rate, nausea, stomach cramps, blurred vision and hours-long erections"? Sounds an horrific blue-pill to me seeds.. any care to re-interpret the lyrics below?
Haha yes I guess you’re correct. My diet does that to me also. Or there abouts.
Except the mad boners!!!! I need changes
there comes a time in every man's life, seeds, where he needs to either calm down expectations, or embrace cardio. It's a toughy : )
I used to love cardio when younger. I know I can back to that!! I hope I can
Doesn’t look good…
https://apple.news/AZkN8Eu1SSs6QVMgdEp9TuA
Fuck that’s horrible. Hope they’re found
At night time & with no gps… worrying stuff.
Beautifully shot, great story.