More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
The solution isn’t to lock Novax out, it’s to open the borders to all whether they are vaxxed or not. The virus is here already ffs there’s nothing much* to be achieved by locking them out
*1% of the 1% that catch it during their stay will add to hospital numbers (approx)
Is this Scomo’s Tampa? (John Howard 'We will decide who comes to this country and the circumstances in which they come')
Yeah and if you can find a rat and test positive they say don’t get a pcr test now lol, it’s hard to keep up.
so 15 % nursing and senior staff quit Tweed heads hospital...burnt out etc ....but the NSW Govt says everything going great , best system in the World or just political bullshit as usual....
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/jan/06/falling-over-in-…
well said!
Fuck Novak, and fuck those who let him in.
Too many people have not been allowed to visit dying family members, attend funerals etc etc.
consistency of message needs to be maintained.
New patent-free COVID vaccine developed as “gift to the world”. https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/patent-free-coronavirus-vaccine-p…
this is the last one from me to you:
You didn't answer my original, so one can't be fucked with this anymore and two, it's just broad sweeping assumption with you.
I provided employment statistics as a metric as you repeatedly failed to answer where this huge detriment to society at play was unfolding and if it was relevant to this pandemic or symptomatic of the technological times we are living in. Trying to get to the bottom of what you meant I offered sarcastic answers like "time spent surfing" & you swallowed them up (for most people, online time is between 6pm and 9pm, not much surfing getting done between those hours). When pressed further and called out, refuse to answer and call me out. Great work!
Most unswayed medical professional? Where? On TV perhaps? Being published by WSJ, the Aus, the guardian, SMH, Government health care practiconers? Well of course that communication is going to be homogeneous. I have spoken to GPs from the Goldy to SC and friends in the medical field and I can gaurentee there is no universal agreement on any of this. Questions are and should be asked. You saying there should not be are you?
We are now seeing plenty of health care professionals publically out there making noise about this now also.
On ABS stats, one minute you are telling me it's naive to make conclusions on Australian data solely as there is an under reporting of the deaths? The next paragraph your telling me to accept KPIs from hosptialisations metrics from the NSW government as the most conclusive data after I've highlighted the very fact that hosptialisations aren't necessarily due to COVID severity...
On France, please, again, quickly back track and call me out for melodrama. When I'm just summarising Macaron measures into every day language. Did you even read that article. If that's not house arrest than what is it?
How can you speak for others by saying "getting immunised is no big deal?" You can't mate so that's a moot point.
This isn't strictly medicine...hhmm? This medicine is simply one tool of many measures that we can all make to stay safe. As we have seen repeatedly, mainstream medicine is firmly committed to wellbeing through chemistry alone. Look at how many crew are on anti psychotics & anti depressants, the world over. If they worked then why are people still on them? The stats on this don't lie. As drugs are so profitable, rarely will you see a major medical study financed then published on the efficacy of treatments other than the options currently on the table. Everything else is considered "alternative" or "anti-vax", depends which issue is on the table.
The irony of you calling others selfish when you know zero of others circumstances.
Coles can’t find staff…my daughter’s Coles has a heap of kids off with covid…so they call my daughter and give her a shift everyday this week…it seems to me to be throwing kids onto the frontline, work them until they catch it and then…next up. Duty of care seems pretty much non existent.
A conveyer belt of covid ready kids.
If you don’t want to respond roadkill I understand
What would be the alternative for Coles?
It is what it is, it's happened and is going to happen in any country with a Covid wave.
100%
ringostarr, I think that's a decent, objective and balanced comment. Good stuff!
Re the "I like what you did there" part, I actually wasn't trying to do anything in particular, but I can see how it'd be interpreted as such. I agree that people on either extreme of an issue are equally guilty of having their ego very welded to and identified with their extreme belief system, and that the truth is always somewhere in the middle - or perhaps I'd lean much more towards thinking that there is no truth, just competing interests and agendas.
Every morning when I wake up, have a cup of tea and check the wind and surf cams, I read original, insightful and unique viewpoints, perspectives and ideas in these forums on many topics including covid, particularly from the people who are labelled in here as tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists. Most of these ideas I can't read in the mainstream media or government narrative or so-called "expert" opinion. Yes some of the ideas expressed are out there, but I'm stoked on them and I regularly find myself saying something like cool that's original, insightful and unique, I would not have thought of that myself, I value reading and pondering about it.
A major thing I value about these forums is the diversity of opinions and perspectives. I regularly get my belief system completely exposed, challenged, deconstructed and disposed of on many topics. I'm super grateful for this. On covid, my belief system has been decimated and shattered and I no longer have one at all -it went from 100% welded to the government and "expert opinion" line, to disillusionment and despair (fwiw I'm now triple vaccinated...). I'm very relaxed about not identifying with any particular belief system on covid that I need to spend significant time, energy and emotional capital on defending and justifying, particularly by personally attacking and degrading people who I perceive as threatening my belief system and hence me personally. Life seems much better like that!
Of course this is a regular pattern of behaviour in not just internet forums but everywhere in life: it's normal for one to react impulsively and emotionally, and lash out at and personally attack and negatively label someone who threatens one's own belief system and worldview.
I'm grateful that in these forums there are people actually spending the time to personally attack and criticise me, and consequently help me practice and improve my ability to be non-impulsive and nonreactive, and to not feel threatened when someone challenges my belief system and worldview, but instead to carefully consider what they say and allow my beliefs to crumble if it seems correct to do so.
Due to these forums I seem to have come to the conclusion that life is better when I have no belief system or worldview at all on any topics, but instead just questions and wondering, without get attached and welded to any particular opinion or belief. fyi I have no social media or participate in any other online forums.
It’s been said multiple times over, you didn’t accept it previously so no need to repost again and again…as you won’t ever accept the science.
We looking at an episode of "The Joker and the Thief"? Ha.
What science exactly am I not excepting, I’m double vaccinated have been since August 2021 with AZ You are dodging the question
@roadkill you accuse others of making shit up then proceed to make shit up .
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220105-israel-records-highest-d…
"If you thought that science was certain - well, that is just an error on your part.”
― Richard P. Feynman
Novak visa revoked, turned around at airport .
"Due to these forums I seem to have come to the conclusion that life is better when I have no belief system or worldview at all on any topics, but instead just questions and wondering, without get attached and welded to any particular opinion or belief."
gsco, this point of view is a luxury that you may be able to afford now but will come back to cause youy problems when you have to make serious decisions about real life. I hope it never happens but what would you do if you had cancer? Would you continue to find ideas about treatment "out there, insightful etc". or go straight to mainstream medicine? I worked with a bloke at one stage who developed bowel cancer and, after searcing the internet, decided that the best treatment was a bit of slightly radioactive Uranium ore on a chain around his neck. He died, from a highly treatable cancer, about 6 months later.
I find a lot of people are highly selective about science and medicine. They believe the bits that fit in with their existing views and reject the bits that don't. This usually has nothing to do with the evidence and a lot to do with their habits of mind. Having an open mind is great but these days, more than ever, it is important to keep your your bullshit detector turned up to 11.
It is forward facing staff and click and colect staff that are getting covid. So, their virus transmission mitagation does not appear to be working..maybe they should adjust this and ensure masks are worn, Here in QLD at supermarkets, half the customers are not wearing masks and there is zero enforcement.
They don't seem to be making much effort to protect kids/staff.
Fair call I reckon...
Comment not based on vaccine, but on what is fair. If a teacher or nurse has to get vaxxed to keep their job, then multi millonaire sport stars/ celebrities should also play by these rules....
Disclaimer: I don't agree with mandatory vaccination, but am vaxxed myself.
someone finally read the room.
Fucking hilarious. Good job
not really
"I'm grateful that in these forums there are people actually spending the time to personally attack and criticise me, and consequently help me practice and improve my ability to be non-impulsive and nonreactive, and to not feel threatened when someone challenges my belief system and worldview, but instead to carefully consider what they say and allow my beliefs to crumble if it seems correct to do so."
Quick to pull the victim card, with a nice passive aggressive response. lol
Someone fucked up.
"While there were currently nearly 60,000 people with Covid in Israel, the number of serious cases on Wednesday was only 125"
So whats the panic ? Where's the fire ? Wish the MSM would calm down a little and help people to calm down. Reminds me of the GFC.
I think the Novak situation is sad.
It shows:
1) that there are question marks over the integrity of the independent review committees and possibly the organisers of the tournament
2) politicising every aspect of the ongoing pandemic continues as the feds stamp their “authority”
3) people will applaud the decision because it’s “fair” but all they are applauding is another human who may have medical or philosophical reasons to make a choice about how they live their life in reality has less rights in terms of freedom of movement than others
I am an optimist but it’s a sad state of a world that we are living in
In the Collaroy and Wamberal seawall articles, Craig, Steve, BB and a whole host of other seemingly very well-hinged, sane and educated people are questioning the mainstream, government and so-called "expert" opinion and narrative, decision-making process and final course of action. To them it, in particular the final outcome, is very clearly and obviously seriously flawed and seemingly quite stupid, and they appear to be wondering how the situation ever got to this.
In disagreeing with the "experts" and government decision, should these people now also be personally attacked and labeled as tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists who are really just bottom dwelling, armchair expert lowlifes whose opinions and questioning is all just conspiracy theory with no evidence, or as BB put it, people with marginal qualifications and indeed within a layer of totally unqualified parasites who are happy to promote any bullshit as long as it boosts their audience and earns them more money?
I personally don't believe so.
BB don't worry I think my bullshitometer is well tuned.
Roadkill actually I wasn't trying to play any victim card, or be passive aggressive. Just literally objectively stating the fact that people have criticised and attacked me (and I've previously done the same) and I value it, and in general stating I value diversity in thought and opinion. I'm no victim to anyone or anything apart from my own decisions, behaviours and actions.
I watched the ABC news this morning about Novak , they were saying that two different groups had a look at the 26 applications for exceptions and only a handful were granted . When reviewing these applications players names aren’t disclosed so that there will be no bias . It wasn’t totally clear why his visa was revoked , it was a bit of a confusing breaking news report. There was a hint that he had the wrong type of visa . I’m curious to know if a handful of exemptions were granted are other tennis players still getting in ?
37000 new cases in NSW. Vic not far behind. Mass staff shortages across multiple industries. Hospital system a mess and we know today’s count will add approximately another 370 patients inNSW alone. Can’t get a test and if you are lucky enough to find one and test positive, you tell your GP, who has nowhere to record it. GPs learn about this ridiculous situation when scumo brain farts a reply to a journo’s question
This muppet is just making it up as he goes along. Anyone believe his bullshit about Jen heading out in the Ford Focus to get some from the local chemist warehouse. What a farce.
I think you still have to have some belief and view, but just need to be flexible and when situations change and new information comes on board maybe re look at things and adapt or tinker a view if need be, and not get blinded by some rusted on view, and dont fall into some trap where anyone with a different view is some enemy. (like you see here between certain people)
BTW. that was a good post yesterday, i think there is a few of us that also sit in this middle ground.
Generally we are fully vaxed and think its a no brainer to get fully vaxed especially if 50+ and believe the vaccines are generally pretty safe, but we are still maybe not so keen to keep getting boasters every six months for god knows how long, especially with the dominant Omicron variant being far less lethal.
Also perhaps not supportive of things like vax mandates or Covid vax for children and just question a few things that have happened or are happening, like the lack of transparency around some things and the influence of money and politics on things.
From Oct 27th-
Prime Minister Scott Morrison suggested there could be flexibility on the inclusion of unvaccinated players.
Speaking on Nine's Today, Morrison said that "you just have to manage the public health risk. We talk about large numbers of people, obviously there is a smaller number of actual players," he said.
"It is nice to have clear and hard and fast rules, but there needs to be a little bit of flexibility so we can live with the virus."
Scomo today-“Mr Djokovic’s visa has been cancelled. Rules are rules, especially when it comes to our borders. No one is above these rules. Our strong border policies have been critical to Australia having one of the lowest death rates in the world from COVID, we are continuing to be vigilant.”
** Novax appeal through courts to follow
Tall poppy syndrome .. Australia has it in spades . Always has . Disgusting and unnecessary if you ask me and reeks of insecurity and idiocy. And it’s coming out in full force once again . Bullying, pack mob mentality driven by media hype.
First and foremost - at the crux of this is my view that every persons medical and health should be a private matter, not to be broadcast over public news channels and social media. It always has been, a private and confidential relationship between patient and doctor. This is being broken. The fact that “the powers that be” have been distorting and disrespecting this sickens me.
And, it truly makes me wonder where we are heading as a society as I do see the similarities with a social credit system style whereby citizens health, and social choices are monitored and controlled by government.
Regarding Djokovic’s situation - there would’ve already been plenty of medical exemptions granted for travellers but because the public ( through media fuelled backlash) have jumped on it in full force, the govt have seen what precedent it would set if they granted it to him. What - have Australia in line with European countries and allow them the same freedom? “No sorry we can’t be arsed with more paperwork! Just do him on his visa!”
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/australian…
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/100740812
Never get between Morrison and a couple of votes...
Well said , I’m just amazed that some just totally except whatever governments and Pharma tell them and if anybody questions ( including other scientists ) or raises concerns they are labeled conspiracy nut jobs or antivaxers .
Actually i take that back I overlooked one important thing.
If unvaccinated they might not provide a risk to community, but they are at more risk of becoming sick if get Covid which could lead to them taking up a place in hospital even a ventilator.
Exactly gsco, and superfreak. Never going to have any advancement on anything if consensus is the only way to be. The outright bullying of teachers in Vic by the DEET (mandating vaxs, refusing pay and demanding termination of employment - theres even a protest today outside the Dept offices )is one example of how badly the govt is pushing the needle at a whatever it takes approach. Any teacher who even begins to think for themselves is seen as resistance to be swept aside. again using whatever nasty tactics they can. The rest of the teachers are either too brainwashed, too blue - pilled or too scared to stand up to it. Thats the people employed to look out for kids now. I don't know how any of them can front up to a school and pretend they dont support bullying or 'might is right'. All the values the dept spruiks - they are doing the opposite to the point of now individually targeting teachers and refusing pay over the holiday period. I can only hope the dept is the first seawall and the international BS pushers are the bigger wall now being eroded, a set of 6ft Djokovic;s are marching into the beach as we speak, followed by daddy Djoko's - now wheres Demir? is he the backwash?
Do you think a Labor Govt, would be doing better?
try 34,994 you goose
https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/nsw-records-34994-new-cov…
BOTH levels of government it would seem... federal libs, and vic labor...
then they read the public reaction
and vic labor didn't want to wear it when it was up to them to let their boy in...
pathetic all round
should have never come to this
https://i.redd.it/0h56nngusw981.jpg
yes really
So “get vaccinated to protect your community” the words that have been repeated OVER and OVER were a lie?
Why should you believe anything else that is being said?
Who gets held accountable for these lies that are STILL being told?
https://amp.9news.com.au/article/3ff7875c-a87a-4817-8b1b-6f40f62a112b
gsco you have things completely backwards about Collaroy. Expert coastal science opinion was that it should be a sloping structure as was originally approved. The problem was that the council slipped through a second DA for a vertical wall without proper public consultation. No mystery, no tin foil hats, just dirty tricks.
there's a heap of us like that...
we are called rational
or 'anti-vaxxer' and 'conspiracy theorist' by judgmental irrational ideologues...
Vic Local wrote: yesterday
Hey anti-vax / covid is a hoax idiots.
35,000 cases in NSW today. That translates to another 350 patients presenting to hospitals, that are already overloaded with covid. Now those 35000 will no doubt take out plenty of nurses and doctors who are close contacts.
How good's letting it rip folks? Especially when Australia is being governed by a monstrously incompetent bunch of dogs who put the interest's of RAT price gougers ahead of public health. ……….The resident mathematician needs to adjust his modeling. Hospitalisations have increased by 118 from 1491 patients on Wednesday and ICU presentations have increased by 12.
Hell yes.
It's hard to imagine how any government could be doing it worse.
Turnbull would have been way better than Scumo. At least he'd be across the brief and implement contingency plans. Scumo on the other hand has always treated the pandemic as a political problem first and a medical problem second.
Sit back and think what a competent government would have done when the AMA warned them about the need for RATs in September. Would they A) buy RATs and make them free to protect public health or B)Take the Scumo option and do fuck all.
Labor aren't perfect but at least they have plenty of competent ministers who would have done a shit load more than Scotty from Marketing.
At least people are finally working out that Scumo is a fraud, a clown CEO who makes things up as he goes, and then blames others when everything goes tits up. He did it with Tourism Australia, and same with Tourism NZ. The bloke fails up and leaves a trail of wreckage whenever he moves on from a job. That's his MO.
There's a delay in new case numbers and hospital admissions you moron. How do you not know this?
The answer was in the post...you ignored the answer burleigh, Omicron appeared after the vax development. Things change. There was no lie.