More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Coming from the king of dodge. bwaaaaaahahahahha
I demand you answer me, Stok!
Good post, Stok, sensible and to the point.
We have two sides on this 'chat' with very strong opinions on both sides, and plenty of degrading silly comments attacking at a personal level - which does nothing to assist the conversation / discussions either way. My gut-feel is that neither extreme will meet the other half-way, so there's really no point in abusing each other about it - unless this 'venting' feels good to you; it does nothing for me, so I'll not bother posting here anymore after this one. It's quite obvious that many of the 'tough guys' throwing insults at each other wouldn't do so if they were sitting opposite on a table having a beer or two and a chat. It's really quite sad, actually.
I guess I was hopeful that posting some factual stats about death vs population rate would make some people stop and reconsider the data, but that appears to not be the case - or those in question simply can't allow themselves to 'pause and think' for a bit. I can certainly understand the way entrenched views can lock people into a position which is hard to give up later. But ultimately the stats are in, the results are conclusive: the death rate is higher for those unvaxxed when averaged across the population. There is no argument about this - it is a simple math / stats fact now.
Earlier on, before solid stats data on death rates was available, the anti-vaxxers had something to hang on to, i.e., no large-scale proof that vaccination worked. Unfortunately for them, that proof is in on a global scale, across huge numbers of different age groups, races, vaccination types and approaches. Are they a cure-all? No. Do they completely prevent serious illness / death? No. Do they reduce those two aspects? YES.
For me personally I was hesitant about the booster shots as it seemed like this is a path meaning huge amounts of money to be spent and time for booking appts, going, etc. I wanted to be sure that this was actually necessary and had to spend quite a while looking for the two aspects related to this: firm proof via large-scale statistical study or studies showing that vaccination effectiveness dropped over time (found via the UK health research results), and - if so - a similar study showing the boosting of effectiveness from another vax shot (found via the Israel study, now amongst others). I'm not going to post those links here, they can be found reasonably easily, but do take some reading through to gain the basic outcome: yes, the effectiveness drops, and yes, a booster helps again. But please check through the data / links shown in the "References" section from here if you wish to see for yourself: https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2021/12/atagi-r…
Stok said “ You see, this is why this thread needs to be closed.
Matilda here's just waltzed in and cut n pasted a post they saw, and liked, on TRUMP2024's Facebook page, didn't even bother to change the American spelling of immunisation, and BlueDiamond's cheering it on. “ …….what’s next stok ? Book burning ? All social media sites to be shut down ? All news reports except the TNI to be banned ? Again if you don’t like this forum……. Don’t read it .
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-20/tga-approves-antiviral-covid-pil…
Burleigh, I did share my thoughts on the Israel 4 doses thing the other day, I mean, it's been shared 500 times since then in various formats on this thread so I understand you thinking I may have dodged it.
The basic premise of it, as I remember, is that 4 doses didn't seem to give the boost in immunity against Omicron compared with 3. There's a short, 2 week study which is inconclusive.
My main response is - so fucking what?
We're talking about 3 doses here in Australia. 4 doses in inconclusive.
If you step out of your echo chamber where you and your anti vax mates dream up dystopian futures where everyone will get a vaccine booster monthly for covid for the rest of your lives, you may realise that properly qualified experts are still assessing things - you know, the ones you claim we shouldn't listen to. They're actually the ones saying 4 doses in not proven effective as yet.
"Sypkan, I can't grant you a shred of credibility, when you respond to my fairly open comments about following advice of professors and health leaders in your country by sharing the most black and white, one sided, emotive, republican piece of text I've seen in a long time."
'fairly open comments'
you had about six paragraphs abusing people
stok, you are a tool
https://www.science.org/content/article/what-does-omicron-mean-future-c…
Fair call Matilda, but rest assured, the division is almost purely created by anti vax propagandists, and far right 'freedom fighter' social media commentators. these people planted seeds everywhere, and are continuously 'crop dusting' with further divisive and emotive content designed to make you distrust the Governments.
@Supa - no, not at all. Don't get carried away. But I don't like this thread, and I don't like it living on one of my favourite surf sites. I would actually pose a question to Ben/Stu as to the merits of keeping this thread. Of course, closing it would create the roar of 'censorship'! But leaving it open just creates a platform for people to anonymously push their anti vax tripe out on to anyone who'll dare to click.
@ Sypkan - Lol!
but it is not just about boosters bindboy
"There are currently no efficacy or safety data for children below the age of 12 years. Until such data are available, individuals below 12 years of age should not be routinely vaccinated.'
https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-can-take-the-p…
and it was not out of context if you watched the vid
What a good little whipping boy you are Stok,
The government are doing a marvellous job of making people distrust all by themselves.
You just want someone to blame.
You’ve taken the title of the biggest tool in this thread by a mile.
Lol
supa, ethical publishers fact check and remove misinformation from their sites or publish retractions if it appeared in hard copy. Ben has admitted in an earlier exchange that Swellnet is a publisher. Bottom line is that he is responsible for everything that appears in the forums. If his business model does not enable moderation, the forums should be closed, or at least restricted to the editorial content. This is not censorship, it is ethical behaviour. How would you feel about regular posts on the benefits of heroin addiction? Now that's an idea! He might actually have to do something then.
that's a lot of words and jargon...
to say, that vaccines take the already very mild effects of covid in children, and make them marginally milder...
certainly doesn't confrm children 'need' to be vaccinated
and as you so begrudgingly axknowledge, there's not enough 'evidence' yet to confirm the efficacy of boosters... amongst a heap of things...
so, pushing revolving door vaccines on kids is probably a little premature
probably, definitely, a lot...
Coming from you Burleigh, I'll take that as a little win :)
Yep....there might just be some misinformation in this thread....you know, just a couple of hundred posts here and there.
Some people just like being told what to do
TGA has approved Novavax...
Know some who were holding out for this, so I guess good news ..
@BB , which varient was your study referring too ? Do you think the risk benefit analysis needs to change for omicron ? I noticed in your post that no children in either group got very sick . Also I now know more than 10 parents whose children age 6 and under have contracted and quickly recovered from covid in a few days , do you think these children should now be vaccinated ? Or any children that have recovered from covid ?
Yep, even Craig had a shot at me with my stats from yesterday I got from Mid Coast Area Health lol, (didn't suit his narrative) with no evidence of his own he showed.
You can say whatever you want on here to someone, with the most foul language one could dream up. Viclocal is the king, he wouldn't say to your face though I bet, small dog syndrome all bark no bite lol.
Only 11 am on the east coast and burleigh is 10 posts deep with the exact same "courageous" self affirmations and nothing new to say....... yawnnnnn
says the person who said nothing lol
bit weird counting someone posts haha
100%. Again, brilliant
Quote "You can say whatever you want on here to someone"
A few (3 or more) family member have developed cancer after getting vaxxed.
A friend with leukemia caught covid, NSW health sent to guys with oxygen to her house...she was in the pool having fun, 2 guys left.
I know 4 people who have got shingles from getting vaxxed....
Imagine saying whatever you want :)
I was talking about foul mouthed insults.
You really do have no life if you have time to go back over people posts. Like others keep saying, After your cafe comment you have lost all credibility lol, hide your head in shame.
Can the roadkills cafe scenario be a sticky at top of page so all the new comers can see what they are dealing with, HELLO any moderators out there.
If this thread is taken down, does that mean people stop talking about this subject ? Just trying to understand what some believe will be accomplished by removing the topic . With nearly 95% vaccinated , why get all out of shape about what a minority write ?
"@BB , which varient was your study referring too ? "
I doubt that they have that data supa.
"Do you think the risk benefit analysis needs to change for omicron ?"
No. We do not know the long term health risks to children from covid.
"I noticed in your post that no children in either group got very sick .
Also I now know more than 10 parents whose children age 6 and under have contracted and quickly recovered from covid in a few days , do you think these children should now be vaccinated ? Or any children that have recovered from covid ?"
Yes, the data is good that a correctly timed vaccination after infection produces higher immunity.
supa, you are free to make your own decision about vaccinating your children. From my reading the evidence suggests that vaccination is the safest route and that is the position of those with the best access to all the data and the greatest experience in the field. If you have not yet been able to bring yourself to the point of accepting that, then presumably you have made your choice and the odds are that your children will be fine anyway.
On a different note, after worsening cold symptoms, I had a PCR test thgis morning. I am thinking less than 50%. chance of it being covid, but I did have contact with a symptomless family member who later tested positive.
Oh, so your moral code doesn't allow insults, (even though you throw around insults) but making up the most ridiculous bs statements to back up your bias and anti vax stance are acceptable?
You can tell the boomers on here by the swear words used.
can we hear your mother in the cafe scenario again please?
When ATAGI can show me the risk and benefit analysis for omicron then I can make an informed decision about what vaccines my daughter gets . In the meantime its a no from me .
A few (3 or more) family member have developed cancer after getting vaxxed.
A friend with leukemia caught covid, NSW health sent to guys with oxygen to her house...she was in the pool having fun, 2 guys left.
I know 4 people who have got shingles from getting vaxxed....
All true, not made up pie in the sky scenario in a cafe lmaf.
Just wondering if Stok, VL and the others agree with the experts in the UK now they are getting rid of passports etc.
Or is it still just the paid experts in Australia you want to listen to?
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/best-healthcare-in-t… https://ceoworld.biz/2021/04/27/revealed-countries-with-the-best-health…
No heath system is designed to deal with a pandemic though, nothing in society is.
Yes of course! Vaccine passports are, and always have been, a temporary solution.
100% agree with you here, Indo. "No heath system is design to deal with a pandemic though, nothing in society is."
You can talk about it Supa, just don't share ideas anonymously about contrarian healthcare advice and emergency pandemic response. I mean, you're free to do it, but it's just irresponsible.
In terms of why get out of shape about it, well, it's somewhat cathartic for me! I've actually also found it fascinating watching the conspiracies evolve, and the people I know/public figures fall for them.
"No heath system is design to deal with a pandemic though, nothing in society is."
Bang on Indo & Roadkill.
Unfortunately, there's opportunists out there who would rather see society be moved to a position which makes it worse off, in terms of pandemic preparedness, all for their own short term personal gain.
Personally i think its more political the Government wants to be seen as doing all it can and the pharmaceutical companies have a product to sell, if the government didnt push the vaccine for kids the opposition would attack them on it saying they dont care about kids, it doesnt matter to either pharmaceutical companies or the government if kids really need it or not.
Close this thread and start one called "coronavirus: the great hoax" or "Abuse people you don't know" or something
Well Robo, now you have confirmed it is all true. I owe you an apology.
I am sorry, Robo. I should have taken what you said as truth. Afterall, it would be a pretty sick scummy person to use their family and friends and cancer diagnosis to discredit covid vaxxes. Same goes for the 4 people you know who have developed shingles after getting vaxxed. Poor form from me to again doubt you.
Sorry to doubt you.
No worries, I forgive you.
That’s very kind of you robo and I must say a great deflection yet again from the roaddill
The resident Swellnet pin cushions are the kings of deflection.
How is it a deflection, SF?
"In terms of why get out of shape about it, well, it's somewhat cathartic for me! I've actually also found it fascinating watching the conspiracies evolve, and the people I know/public figures fall for them."
and how's this 'conspiracy' panning out for you stok?
sure is... 'fascinating watching the conspiracies evolve, and the people I know/public figures fall for them.'
WOW, won't see that on the 6pm news.