More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
I’m going to call out flogs who:
- roll around in military uniforms as if it confers some authority or credibility to their cause
- expose kids to discussions about public trials and execution of elected / public officials (Nuremberg 2.0)
- drop burnouts on suburban streets with flags hanging off their cars
- go to the local IGA and hang shit on ordinary people wearing masks (which incidentally is a public health measure)
The rest of them, whatevs… whatever floats your boat. Like I said before; I’m all for peaceful protest. Just don’t be a flog.
Ahh ok. You do you Roadkill. I wouldn't expect anything less...
She's there Free live Gig tonight in Canberra
@etarip, yeah that's fair enough. I did go to a rally earlier this year, and what it was compared to what i expected was alot different. There was still a minority of crew like you described above, who i found definitely ruined it, maybe a third of them, but the rest were peaceful, quiet everyday citizens, families, elderly, people like you and me. It's just the bad eggs stand out. I wish they wouldn't attend, they definitely add an uncomfortable element to it, but, we live in a supposed democracy, so what can you do.
Speaking of bad eggs @Udo. haha. Fark me!!
he he..what a shocker
Was time for a 3 min interlude and a harmless bit of fun...that song was very well done.
Eat healthy and stay fit haha
How many people 15,000- 20,000 ? More ?


best free image host
Did VicLocal join the convoy?
That area in the last photo is 70m across (L to R) between the bushes, maybe and about 150m front to back of the photo (which is where the crowd is already thinning significantly)
I used a crowd calculator online, gave it a generous bunch of margins and set it as ‘crowded’. Came out at 20,000.
Reckon 10-15000 is probably about right.
Still waiting for @roadkill to make comment on why what i posted was a sobstory. @Roadkill, would you like to explain that comment??
Canadian Eddie Rothman??
Hold your breath waiting, bd.
I told you covidiots that I won’t answer any questions from the crew that demand answer yet themselves refuse and don’t answer questions when they are asked.
I'm not asking for an answer. Just asking for you to expand on your two word insults with some kind of explanation behind the meaning of them. I guess that's asking for too much??
Roadkill, you shared some personal stuff last week which i won't go into detail on, but i'm wondering if it's affecting your mental state. I feel very sorry for you. You seem to live in very dark world. It seems you jump on these forums purely for conflict, instead of actual discussion. I'm not sure if it's some kind of trauma associated with what you've been through but the spite is kinda tiring. Either be here to discuss or take a break. Alot of people have some pretty interesting things to say, but i feel that you're just here to be a troll. Nothing more nothing less.
I still don't recall you ever having a detailed opinion on anything or taking the time to actually sit back and think/read/analyse somebody else's perspective and admit maybe you don't know everything. If you actually had something of value to say, maybe then a discussion with you could be of benefit, but otherwise....why bother with the little sniper attacks if you're not willing to step into the conversation??
What sort of damage has this unscientific crap done to kids .
You’d think they valued their freedumbs.
Good one BD, you're making a lot of sense to me and showing respect and humanity. As always, really interesting stuff you post Supa. And I respect your relentless drive of fighting the good fight blowin.
Re the Canberra protests today, this is what scomo said:
All good, although I don't believe boosters should be mandated for anyone.
This is what Albanese said:
Every single alarm bell is now going off inside of me. This is just blatant politicking and the same level of arrogance as Trudeau. Albanese's views on vaccines and mandates are now pretty obvious.
Albanese is just mocking the protesters, labelling them as fruit-loops, and dismissing them and their message, Trudeau style. He's also playing politics and twisting their message into something it's not, like a number of people do in this thread:
The protesters are not trying to "win support" for their views. They are reminding the government we are a country in the free world, not the world of China and Russia.
The protesters are not anti-vax. They are anti-mandate and pro liberal democracy, human rights and freedom.
There is now little to no medical or scientific evidence supporting the need for boosters in the overwhelming majority of the human population, let along mandating them. There is little to no scientific, medical, or real world data evidence supporting the need for boosters in order to reduce the load on the health system. And this is also ignoring the addition of natural immunity from catching covid on top of being double vaccinated.
Based on this I now take back everything I've said about voting for Labor at the election. There is absolutely no way in the world I'd vote in a way that risks boosters becoming mandated here in Australia. Not a fucking chance.
To gsco, hear hear, exactly, you summed up my feelings to the core, I now have no more need to watch this thread anymore, but I will, the main antagonists will never see reason and will keep getting jabbed like the good little solders they are,
In time I hope society can learn from this.
Politics and who to vote for, is like pulling teeth, but it amazes me that so many people want change but keep voting the same corrupt lying cunts in every time the get all stressed and yell becuase there is no change and the corrupt lying cunts they voted for get more back handed deals to increase their own personal financial position at the expense of the nation they are voted in to serve, me never do I vote for the two main parties, we need a total reform of how we are governed but that's another story,
Cheers
Here’s a 5 minute podcast from controversial Dr Peter McCullough, talking about the different vaccines and novavax. https://podclips.com/c/peter-anticipates-pfizer-moderna-vaccines-gettin…
Just a couple of people in Canberra today
Was a good turn up today, was a blast.
Why do people wave Trump flags at these protests?
Tuned out for a couple weeks, yet here I am. On face value I believed your post but then got thinking.
Summernats record attendance set in 17' = 120k. Average of 100k before COVID.
By your metrics this rally was attended by 60k, give or take.
One minute you're saying don't believe the hype about 10s of thousands rocking up to the event, next your using an example of literally 10s of thousands rocking up to the event.
What's your angle here.
Crowd looks healthy in this video:
https://fb.watch/b7ahKGNiuH/
Where are you calling these out these flogs? Here on SN or out in the streets while you are in Canberra this weekend? Braver man than most if you're out there calling the people shown in the above video as "absolute flogs". Pretty judgey if you ask me.
Sure was more people there than I thought , different msm reporters saying biggest crowd they have seen at a protest for years. Definitely more than a couple of thousand that stok predicted.
BD, whilst I generally agree with the sentiment of your post, you just have to look at who's at the core of these protests.
Full on, anti government, sovereign citizens, far right nationalists, disgraced pollies and flat out wacko conspiracists.
I've been to a few protests and followed a few movements in my years but none of them have presented the same level and amount of red flags at the core than this one.
It's like an apple that's rotten at the core.
The calibre of individuals and political parties that are astro turfing this thing makes it hard for me to ever empathise with it on a larger scale. I get the individual stories, like yours, yes people who have had direct experiences with a reaction to the jab would feel royally hard done by. Makes sense they would lose trust of the gov and become anti mandates, but I don't get how people then go straight into the arms of people like Pauline Hanson- did the reaction from the jab make people forget all the shit she's done and said over the years?
@supa I said 10s of thousands!
I agree with some of what you said, but that last line, that's about as heartless a thing to say as anyone possibly could. Take a good look at yourself mate.
Because they're cooked.
They have some wacko belief that people like trump are the answer to every dumb fucking gripe they have in their head.
Seriously if I was anywhere, at any event, and I saw a trump flag I'd go home straight away, have a long hot shower and burn the clothes I wore
@GSCO. Completely agree with you. I've lost all faith in Labor, and i've been Labor all my life. For Albanese to come out and go all extremist on it, ala that Canadian dictator is disappointing to say the least. That's the last remnants of the working mans party up in smoke. Fucked if i know who to vote for now.
@BD
Fair enough, maybe my frustrations are getting the better of me, no offence intended.
Pretty sure you said a few thousand will turn up for various reasons, few = couple. Whatever, reading your latest post sounds like it came straight from the guardian. Unless you’re there , walking and talking to the variety of people, I don’t know how you come to your assumptions , other than you read it somewhere , ie the guardian. BD has attended these rallies, only small but his experience was that who you claim to be the majority are in fact the minority, and he feels uncomfortable around them
I’ve just watched some of the freedumdum idiots raving on Instagram. It really is the stupidest bunch of conspiracy theorists and anti govt right wing nazi loving racists. The small genuine people there are nothing more than pawns to make up numbers…most are too stupid to realise they are being played.
@stok. Ok. Sweet.
@GSCO
What? No evidence backing the usage of boosters? Who told you that?
Otherwise, good for you, use your democratic rights.
Just one thing though - there is no scientific evidence for the benefits of mandates. Just as there's no scientific evidence for needing to put a sign up in the restaurant toilets saying employees need to wash hands.
"but I don't get how people then go straight into the arms of people like Pauline Hanson"
because our leaders and hangers on continue to label them in binary terms as racist, dumb and irrelevant. they fail to address their fears and gripes with any sincerity. now they try and censor them. and then they wonder why they they seek out dickhead populists. sound familiar?
The great goat reckons he's coming to oz...
https://www.theinertia.com/surf/kelly-slater-to-the-surfing-world-ill-s…
"but I don't get how people then go straight into the arms of people like Pauline Hanson- did the reaction from the jab make people forget all the shit she's done and said over the years?"
Spot on. I've had some pretty heated discussions with friends about this very issue re One nation/Pauline hanson. Have a good look at the amateur hour policies on full display on their website.
How she is somehow a viable alternative is beyond me.
Maybe he got hold of some novavax or something similar.
@supafreak. Was my first thought too.
Nothing in the SMH about the Canberra protest.
I know what you're getting at, but aside from those who've had direct experiences with jab reactions, the individuals who have these gripes and fears* have quite simply had these feelings amplified by far right, racist conspiracists.
Look at Blowin, he constantly posts Tucker Carlson vids, a right wing commentator who's job is to appeal to boomers who feel the system isn't working hard enough in their favour (when it clearly is).
So the problem we have, is some of these general gripes and fears should have been put to rest by a visit to the doctor, or by listening to the TGA. Instead, people have been sent well and truly askew by, to put it frankly, sinister, unsavoury types.
*fears highlighted, because we know these people are scared, deeply scared!
They're flat out opportunists!
Shameful stuff.
Pro Vaxers are the nazis
My mother was hospitalised by the vaccine you fucken idiot.
Guaranteed Stok is a teenager. Perhaps a mentally deficient 20 year old at best. No way on Earth he’s an adult.
Probably got himself an exemption somehow, on the condition that he doesn't tell anyone and keeps it secret. A few dollars in certain oz government pockets can probably get you anything you want. I'm sure he'd be prepared to part with a few $$ for a better shot at 12....
@supa I regularly check in on insta on a few accounts who are part of these protests and movement. Have been doing out of curiosity for a while.
It's funny my instagram algorithm is a fucking mess.....surfing content....the odd bikini clad influencer......far right anti vax stuff......left leaning anti scomo stuff etc. etc.
I don't read the guardian at all. I read ABC but don't hang of what they say.
I don't deny there'd be a heap of good crew there, but as I said, this apple is rotten to the core. Some parts on the exterior are OK, some parts aren't. But the more you peal away the more you see it for what it really is.
15 years old.
Maybe you should attend the protest and find out first hand , talk to people there , take some selfie’s and report back .
WTF are you talking about idiot?
https://www.smh.com.au/national/defend-democracy-the-race-to-tackle-con…
Fuck me blowin do you expect big media companies to report on the rantings of absolute lunatics. Have a look at this absolute muppet banging on about setting up their own nation. And also note the crowd's response when he makes these lunatic claims. Do they tell him to STFU? Of course not, they cheer him on.