More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Ask your buddy AndyM he has all the answers.
Optimist Hi. Hope you are having a cracking time.
I don’t know about you , but playing in the ‘global house of cards’ with a
‘ straightened arrow’ sure sounds like gambling to me.
I thought you were against all that stuff. AW
“The dark forces wish to enslave man and turn us into a collective. …a singular entity easily controlled…..”
Sounds a bit like religion.
^ precisely how I read it @seeds, I was just scared to comment in case PoppaD told me off. All respect to all posters.
I don't mind Opti's contributions. I like that his posts add a certain rustic continuity to the swellnet forums, every Sunday (almost) without fail. . In 1000years, they'll probably be worshipped! Good on ya Opti. Or at the very least, they are adding another strong thread to the fabric that makes up swellnet forums. It takes all types as is clear on a quick glance across all the forums.
Obviously religion isn't my cup of tea, far from it, but i admire Opti's unwavering belief and positivity to something that means alot to him, and something he wants to share for his perceived good for all of mankind.
I don't really read them, i have a quick skim, but i have full respect for Opti spreading his own version of a good and just world. Nothing wrong with that on a thread about religion. Fair enough on the backlash,...the thread is ALL things religion. Just think it's worth acknowledging his contribution cos it takes a certain amount of guts to continually stand in the line of fire.
Pop D the OG of respecting most of the world’s beliefs even though he isn’t down with it. I like his scoldings of many of us. Including me.
Wisdom.
Or is he just a naughty boy.
I think Pop D is both wise And naughty. And prob a taco short of a combination plate. (as am I, Pop. as am I) Btw, Pop, i tried to eat a raw onion like an apple once. It wasn't for me.
I have not seen Brians whole life , loved that he was an Individual lol and a naughty boy .
"Being there" stuff , perhaps , where and when , things happen , with humans doing human stuff , which always has a funny side to it .
Sorry for my Mal Brown act , Base6 .
Adam 12 and U were trying to cool a thread and got Marcoued , unnecessarily .
Some Bali Spirit shit , maybe ?
I am more a 80/20 sort , when settled .
Good/naughty , 80/20 ?!
And I am crazy , a real madman , on occasion .
It was a short time a go , that Churchill prayed for Gods Help to fight Hitler .
All of the Commonwealth responded to this plea for help .
Pop has seen a lot , good times and bad times , have etched my soul and will continue to do so , 4 a while .
Sherpa Style , like Opti perhaps , Simple strength , slowly , slowly .
Just keep popping Up !
I hope AW , is flying on the Blue Bandicoot today .
haha, no apologies needed, PD, you are one likable space-cadet : )
the reason you work so well on here, is that surfing is for misfits and oddballs, always has been. Most of us don't have time for the druggos, criminals or boneheads of surfing yore, but you ain't any of those. You remind us all that we are part weirdo, and that is half the point of chasing freedom in the water. Here's to self-awareness, intelligence, and no constraints.
+1. AW
PopDown. Hi Churchillian one. Pray for the swell, it will come say the Duke, thanks PD.
No Blue Bandicoot today, swell too small yesterday, much much better this morning , alas, rode the 6’2” MOTE twinny yesterday and today.
I must say, under those couple of pentadactyl limbs lies a board that’s just a ‘smooth operator “, ah, the glide.
Day 1, 2, tick. Five more ahead of us. Life’s good.
Tomorrow is looking good again, currently 18c, it’s a blast. AW
Hello Alfred the Great ( AG :) .
I think southernraw's post 1st Class 2 !
Like the waves I saw at wink wink , this afternoon .
Manners were sadly lacking there , so Wondering where U played with the bandicooter ?
PopDown. Hi.
Were you at Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge, Nudge a lot proper or on the Surfcam ?
Either way, manners disappeared a long time ago.
At least biffo has disappeared as well.
It’s just fast punks these days who catch a wave, paddle furiously back to the take off zone and rudely don’t wait their turn and off they go.
Showing my age.
You do see some excellent surfing I must say.
It’s a very fast wave.
Me, just a small stones throw away.
Optimist is definitely an Aussie, skin as thick as two crocodiles. AW
;)
I shouldn’t have laughed at that.
- shocking ;)
.....one helluva way to get first dibs on the wormhole express tho ;);)
Literally shocking. Extremely funnily shocking.
Should have spent some of that tithing on safety switches. What a let down stingy churches are.
Pray for a soft heart .
When you look around the decaying world, it’s easy to become angry , cynical and then comes the hardness in heart…
To connect with God as a child does to a loving father will help you heal that hardening heart.
It’s a real problem we all have to face. This current civilisation has many problems that won’t be dealt with wisely while money and ultimate power over others are gods to them…..to many leaders it’s all they can see…it’s all they desire.
Freedom of choice it seems is rapidly fading away.
Corporations given the power by lazy governments, loud corrupted minorities bending visionless leaders to their will.
So, protect your heart anyway….be like a happy kid in a schoolyard full of bullies.
Try and regain your innocence by allowing God to work His thing through you and prepare you for something new….a new world …or worlds….some in heaven….some on the new earth.
Ezekiel 36:26 says….”I will take away your stoney heart and give you a heart of flesh”.
Jesus said….” Become as a child”….. a child is innocent, a child trusts a loving father,
A child is teachable and ready for a great future designed by a caring parent.
Don’t let things get you down, after all ,God allows everyone the free will to choose their path.
Choose yours wisely and walk it with an ever softening heart.
^ I reckon you'd like Isaiah Berlin @Opti, particularly his 'two concepts of liberty' - positive liberty, and negative liberty.. you almost can't think about and compare, say, America, France and Australia, without having a tool like this, to sift different ideas and historical perspectives of democracy and freedom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_Berlin
(@seeds' George Carlin clip from yesterday's USA thread might be up your alley, too!)
^^ (the below article seems a good balance of accessible and thorough):
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/liberty-positive-negative/
https://www.news.com.au/sport/olympics/dark-stain-the-day-the-world-tur…
Optimist. Good morning. Hope you’re well.
Your usual Sunday sermon.
I’m sorry to inform you, ,,,,but from where I’m looking, it seems,
‘Freedom of Choice’ has not faded away. That album and song by Devo is still available and the song is readily viewed on YouTube. All the best. AW.
Why does religion make you donate money/part salary as they are already super wealthy?
How do they make you? What religion?
;);)
LMAO. C'mon now mate.
Please tell?
I'll change "make" to "strongly encourage"
What church have you been to that strongly encouraged you?
;)
I read the Pie won a game, even if just the Tigers.
Cut and pasted, but good social media post.
"Finally back on the winners board and it was an important one. Our Boys were on fire from the word go, back with our signature pressure, tackling and back half transition.
Thought our DNA was back, and have really tidied up alot of areas over the week that were exposed since the BYE. Can't wait to see out growth by next week.
Best on Ground was Nick Daicos. A First quarter for the ages, Nick hasld rhe ball on a string with 18 Disposals and 7 Score Involvements. 3 Brownlow Votes for Nick I think are certain. Finished with 42 Disposals, 6 Marks, 8 Inside 50's, 12 Score Involvements, 12 Clearences and 573 Metres Gained.
Brother Josh was just as influential, finishing the game incredible strong with 13 4th Quarter Possessions. Efficient all game, Josh played back on the Wing where he thrust the ball forward at every opportunity. Finished with 32 Disposals, 6 Marks, 7 Score Involvements, 7 Inside 50's, 8 Rebound 50's and 808 Metres Gained.
Bobby Hill had one of his better games for the club, looking to be everywhere forward of centre. A bit too unselfish at times, but Bobby was a Key part of our early wave of goals. Also how can you not talk about that smooth run down tackle on Shai Bolton. Finished with 15 Disposals, 5 Marks, 4 Tackles, 9 Score Involvements and 2.1 Goals.
Darcy Moore was back to his best, and looks much more at home playing back shoulder on his opponent. This looks to be the perfect stepping stone to launch into the pointy end of the season. Finished with 18 Disposals at 100% Efficiency, 4 Marks, 13 Intercept Possessions, 5 Rebound 50's and 14 One Percenters.
Finally I wanted to touch on Dan McStay, and how invaluable he is to our side. Really saw that today with 3 strong goals, which could have been more if he was targeted more Inside 50. Really excited to see him back as our spearhead up forward. Finished with 11 Disposals, 5 Marks, 7 Score Involvements and 3.0 Goals.
My Votes for Round 20
3 Votes: Nick Daicos
2 Votes: Josh Daicos
1 Vote: Darcy Moore
Others: Hill, McStay, Cameron, Pendles, Elliott, Long
Scott Pendlebury's 400th next week and there could be a few changes to our side. Nathan Kreuger, Beau McCreery and Jordan De Goey are hopeful inclusions for next week.
My thoughts on Round 21 Selection. This was very hard, namely to omit a few for those coming in.
In: De Goey, Kreuger, McCreery, Dean
Out: Bytel, Sullivan, Harrison, Parker
FB: Maynard, Moore, Dean
HB: Quaynor, Howe, Noble
C: J.Daicos, N.Daicos, Sidebottom
HF: McCreery, Kreuger, De Goey
FF: Elliott, McStay, Hill
Foll: Cameron, Pendlebury, Crisp
I/C: Shultz, Hoskin-Elliott, Long, Cox
Sub: Lipinski
Go Pies!!
2024 - Back-to-Work! Own the Moment!"
IndoDreaming. Hi, hope you guys are well.
I watched every minute of the game. We are crap, looked fancy against a very ordinary Tigers outfit.
At one stage we lead by 7 goals, only won by around 4 goals.
With a performance like that, we will go nowhere in the next few weeks.
Have you checked our opponents for the last few rounds ?
Nick Daicos is a jet.
We have too many passengers, Schulz is a dud, why we let Ginnivan go is beyond me.
Lipinksi plays one good game in ten. I watched him closely today, always avoids body contact, another dud.
Oleg Markov who didn’t play today must be moved on, every game he plays he gives away goals.
Bytel is crap also.
We have no systems, we all go up against each other in marking contests.
We are essentially a basket case waiting for the sides to split open.
Bobby Hill is too fancy pants and fucks up more than he does good.
We have holes as big as a colander.
We need a mini rebuild and need to draft very well. All the best. AW
Whilst openly acknowledging my allegiance to the side that lost, I reckon that social media post shared above is reflective of blind faith in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. So highly appropriate for the thread. Can't see no second coming (this year) for either side.

Always next year.
@AW,
Sorry but Pies fans not feelin' it does give me a giggle.
Particularly on a day you do over my Tigers.
No back to back this year I'm afraid. But I do like this Collingwood since McRae.
I like the captain, the coach and the Daicos boys. Admire Penlebury, great player.
Took 63 years for me to say something good about that club.
Hated them with a passion my whole life. I hated them before I even knew why, it was in my DNA.
My grandad played in three losing grand finals to them in their fourpeat in the 1920's, including the famous "mud'n'blood" 1927 GF which has the lowest scores in a GF I think (Collingwood only kicked two goals, Richmond only kicked one).
It was in my blood.
Always hated them, barracked for whoever played against them. Enjoyed their GF losses almost as much as a Richmond win, and for most of my adult life while the Tigers let me down year after year, the woodsmen gave me plenty to cheer about.
They had a remarkable ability to fuck things up when they looked like winners, the wobbles and all that. They have made more GF's than any other team I think, but jeez they were good at losing them.
I think my hatred for them peaked during the McGuire era, and hated him probably more than them.
The steal by West Coast in 2018 with that incredible moment Dom Sheed pinched it, I can't imagine how that felt, (well not entirely true, as a Tiger, I can.) But admit it had me dancing around my living room. Classic Colliwobble.
So I don't know whether the recent golden Richmond era that did it, or McGuire's demise, or a new coach and some good people and players I liked at the club, but the last few years have found myself in unfamiliar territory, very unfamiliar territory. My brother feels the same. We like them now.
I celebrated their win a bit last year, not too much mind you. But it didn't shit me like say 1990 or 2010 did. I was actually barracking for them. Anathema to me for most of my life. It was visceral, my hate for them at times in my younger days, like I could taste it. Like I said, in my DNA.
But even in the years I hated them, would not want a league without them. They are a remarkable club, the passion for and against they evoke. Every sporting league should have a Collingwood, they add something special to AFL football, love 'em or hate 'em. I'm hoping this era we get another Blues v Pies GF, that would be something!
Funny thing is so many of my mates growing up and today are Pies supporters, which has always added to the "fun". I never judge a person by who they support, but the rivalry has added sparkle to all those friendships.
Glad you and @Indo are Pies boys.
But your boys look like coming up short this year.
(PS. I still love it when Pies supporters use words like "rebuild" though, the giggle still comes out.)
^^Lions^^Lions^^
Adam12. Hi mate.
I’m a bit a Go-Go’s , ‘ Our Lips are Sealed’ with all you’ve written.
You’re the (cigarette smoking) version Bill Collins of Swellnet- The Accurate One.
Hard to disagree with most of what you wrote.
I despised Eddie Maguire, he put spite and greed into football. He’s interests were in club and personal profits.
I love the era of McCrae, Pendlebury and that ilk, very refreshing for the game.
I should apologise to Blackers, I exclaimed that the Tigers are no good at present, but after watching today’s game, they’ve got more promise for the future than us Pies.
I was surfing the south coast of NSW in 2018 when we played the Eagles, pulled into a friends house to watch the game, we lead up until the last 87 seconds, I watched it all vaporise ‘right in front of me’, ‘right……in front,,,,,,,, of me’ (now famous Crows loser supporters quote).
Useless Taylor Adam’s who could never kick over a jam tin, still can’t, picks the ball up and has the worst shot on goal and kicks it out on the full and gives the ball back to the Eagles, the rest is history.
I remember being totally wasted on the Devils Lettuce, beers and whatever else was in the lolly shop that I could put in my mouth.
I think the Colliwobbles are gone these days.
Wow some history on your side, Collingwood was a powerhouse for four years ending 1930.
Nothings changed, we can still pull a crowd, evident on this forum, here we are talking about them.
I simply love black and white vertical stripes.
The Pies beanie that was thrown into my bassinet in Apollo Bay Hospital in 1965, is still with us. Great to chat as usual.
Go Pies. AW
“ …. Took 63 years for me to say something good about that club...”
What the hell is wrong with you @adam12?
Repent you sinner
GuySmiley. Hi mate.
I surfed with my Bombers mate yesterday, he went family in arms, via Geelong train to your game at the ‘G’. Came home shattered.
I’d hate to say it , but I am, a couple of regular flaky late Winter performers, Blues and Bombers are sticking to their normal status quo.
I wish you guys well, I have loved the new speed /breed of this years Bombers, Caldwell, Nick Martin, Durham, Langford, Cox, they’ve looked good for awhile now. AW
Haha!
Yeah, I know.
I have dead relatives spinning in their graves right now.
Got some explaining to do when I reach the other side no doubt.
^ haha..... blasphemer!
- in this devine aerial ping pong battle toward the cup, the congregation riseth together and thine believers use thou soft hearts to get over results that mayeth dampen thy spirits.
..... for within the free will of committing to a chosen path of premiership glory one must put faith in a great future where by the almighty designer involveth playing finals and attaining the sacred blessing of becoming one with the title as gf winners ;)
Yet behold and beware of the 'nek minnit' curse that lay claimeth to decaying form in defending premiers..... as has been saideth, it is a real problem.
- after thine pride parade cometh thou fall like an upside down pie ;)
;);)
Gold JF. Never fail to make me laugh. Good stuff. AW
Never use the Blues and Bombers in the same sentence again @AW …. since the Great Depression has my family been in the trench against those upstarts!!!
Suggest a very long shower to help with the cleansing @adam12 between some self flagellation!!
@Guy,
Hahaha again!
Yep, my mother would be telling me to "wash your mouth out with soap and water!"
(Sorry Mum)
But as some here had the misfortune of learning the other day, I'm off the soap.
The self flagellating is also probably a stretch too these days.
It died on me a few years ago, bloody thing. Over use killed it I think.
(I believe they have pills for that these days though.)
Carlton v Collingwood this week
Not being able to pick either side what do I do?
Hope for season/career ending injuries or reports? Mass riots amongst the great unwashed in the outer? A mass outbreak of gastro (after all they give everyone else the shits) or both teams going into receivership or found to breaching the salary cap?
Another draw would be apt.
A Collingwood win would be apt. Then we really can call Carlton the Springtime chokers. Looks like it’s happening all over again.
Again it would be great to beat them by one point. Go Pies. AW