More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Ouch @wax24!!
But since you're one of my favourite Americans, i'll happily sacrifice that point.
Hope lifes treating you well over there in the cauldron mate.
I'm with you on that one @basesix. But don't tell your mum!
hey, I promised I wouldn't come between you two, I don't get it, but I'm glad she's happy.
Hey Southern and thanx. I am doing just fine and expect that to continue. Humility, gratitude, and the resultant perspective that yields. I'm built and wired to endure.
Hey seppo ^^ you forgot the biggin, he fucked over 200 years of political convention and your once fine and respected Supreme Court turning it into a conga line of sycophantic ultra conservative yes men for the Trump and his FNRJ cronies. That act alone should consign Trump and the future decisions of the Supreme Court to the sewer of history.
And you and everyone else here is exactly the same, but a conversation based on the actual topic is far more interesting than just pointless insults or nonsense.
Hahahahaha hahaha hahaha hahahahahahahahahaha
Indo, you don't do discussion or conversation or even argument in a conventional sense, you just do "I'm right".
Hey Indo. Sorry if it came across condescending. It wasn't my intention. What i will say, and this may sound condescending but its not the intention, is...imagine the hours you spent on swellnet were transferred to a higher learning. Imagine where that could take you. Anyway Indo, i'm honestly just trying to help. If you want your words to really hold some weight and make a difference, there's a pathway here for you....
here's the uncondescending version of what i wrote. I
I do believe you have a deep urge to learn, and i can tell you take alot of information in.
If they let me in, they'll let you in way easier than me. Trust me. It's very doable.
Go and enroll in something that interests you and do it part time. What's the rush.
I write this to you Indo, not as a pisstake, but as a genuine olive branch and extending something to you that i think would be of huge benefit to your life.
You seem to have a thirst for knowledge. You'd be a bloody good uni student. I reckon you'd love the discussion boards :-).
There are pathways in. You'll get through the bridging courses. I know you will.
Do it.
I reckon you've got what it takes to do the learning..
I believe in you Indo. Do it![
So, ummm, let's get learning yayyyyy ;)
- "And you and everyone else here is exactly the same" ....becomes ummm
..."And you and everyone else here are exactly the same" .....yayyyyy ;)
- it's just like that time trashy exclaimed:
"Let's get pumping!" .....and you did .....with much intellect and vigour ;);)
Hey Wax genuine question what's your opinion on how the US political system has thrown up two people as old as Biden and Trump?
In Oz on age alone neither would get a start.
G'day AW, sorry late response, been dealing with...well, life, recently. My bro is carer for our 93yo dad and he's suffering a bit of carer fatigue so been up in shitsville helping him get a break. back home now and yep, just in time for a run of days by the looks and the calendar is free next week.
But the cold! The cold!
Scotland cold.
Macbeth cold.
Colder than a witch's tit.
(That would be a good name for a cold water surf break "witch's tit")
Hope we both get some this coming week (Waves I mean, I've been off witch's tits for a long while now, you can make up your own mind about that.)
@SR
Even if you were its a ridiculous suggestion.
I have an interest in the topic, but it doesn't mean i want to go study middle eastern history just because one semester might be on Israel.
Not to mention, history is only one aspect, theres the poltics of Israel that is ongoing, there is the conflict that is on going and then there is the urban war aspect and the military tactics aspect etc.
You arent going to learn much of that shit at university and even the history and poltics will most likely be unreliable and stepped in bias.
In regard to podcast, they are a great resource because they are current and up to date and you can gain a variety of views, of course you need to ensure you are listening to those with proper knowlege and not just some random kids opinion.
Obiously i also read articles etc, but articles are basically two minutes of a podcast as are current news stories or daily updates they cant go into the detail that a 1.5 hr pocast can.
In regard to books, books are also just opinion based and often just one persons opinion and obviously you can't read a book about what happened yesterday, books can also become out dated for instance the use of drones in this war changes everything in regard to military tactics and is evolving all the time and even changed from day one of this war until now.
Even aspects of traditional history from books become outdated and are often opnion based.
For instance much of the traditional aspects of Israel history were based around biblical text, however today most scholars of history say there is no evidence for much of the early biblical text like exodus, new views and takes on history evolve and change based on all kinds of things like new archelogical finds, advances in tech that can put dates on certain finds etc or even help in putting together lost pieces of say the dead sea scrolls etc
To understand this better think about how our knowlege and understanding of Indigenous Australians history and culture has changed over time.
& for all u uneducated peoples, check this shit out yayyy
- this.............. is ummm...... how a cat works ;);)
(spent literally hundred of farkn hrs and months just ummm as a secret clandestine cat knowledge gatherer and I follow military feline operatives like fluffy tuna tongue, the burmese bombing whisker, pawpad peta the paramilitary pouncer and long jump leroy the prominent cat bullet explosive pioneer who leads the world in the development of the latest electric powered portable cyborg cat weaponry systems)
Indo.
I think you've severely missed the point about education.
All good.
Keep doing you.
You have your blinkers set on a certain viewpoint and that's fine. Your viewpoint is different to mine, and we both have different influences in our pasts that shape our viewpoints. Thats' just how it is. No judgement.
Personally, i see an opportunity for you going begging, what i wrote, i can see of being a huge benefit for you....but appreciate your civil response. Better than being a kunt! haha.
Not trying to stir you up and i mean that in all honesty.
Over 5 years of butting heads with you i see little point in continuing on the same tangent.
Honestly wish you well.
..... and, other than imagined bias and unsubstantiated 'unreliable' history ummm
..... as well as assumptions of apparent 'opinion based' stuff tainted with the perception of things being 'outdated' etc
....well .....ummm
... let's understand things better by ummm... 'learning' about ummm
- return mechanisms, trigger mechanics
..... & most important, the method of working in real conditions ;)
Oh, yeah! I KNEW i'd forgotten SOMETHING! lmao
Jelly, i can't even tell you how many times you've had me in stitches today!
Bloody cats! haha.
Hey Focus. I think it's more the current generation of leaders than systemic. An area where it is systemic is that, more and more over time, the Supreme Court has expanded the rights of corporations, beginning, i think, in 1978, with a decision to allow corporations to spend money on state ballot initiatives. That opened a door to the expanded rights since then. Meaning that, more and more, pollies are directed by corporate interest, not the welfare of the country. Of course, all pollies have always been bought and sold, just that the degree is above critical mass. Hence, lotsa pissed off populists throwing their toys out of the cot, burning the group home down
One piece of pasta to throw at the wall, anyways.
Haha Adam! Thanx for the visual. If you wanna truly experience Witches Tit, spend a day in Guernsey, Wyoming in January. I did. Once. I swear to gawd, i looked back upon leaving and saw me in ice form, behind. It was like Lot’s wives gettin outta Sodom. Or Gomorrah. Not sure which. I’m still not sure if that was me i left behind or if i left behind a frozen me. Witches Fookin Tit, mate.
Hopefully your doing psychology ;)
Hey Ashy. G’mornin to you too Sunshine. See if you can get through a whole 24 hour day without being a troll. Too late today. Try tmro.
Southern the self proclaimed philosopher. I’ve heard it all now. Indo you keep doing you, Southern your comments about uni are laughable.
The irony of the comment
Enrol in an International Relations related degree or degree which involves this or political science.
IR were my favourite subjects at uni, fascinating stuff. You can even specialise in a area, mine was Indonesian language and culture which I am sure you would love Indo.
Even a couple subjects part time. Expensive these days but very worthwhile.
As my mum always says, no education is wasted.
I went back to uni as a adult wanting to study Indo related stuff after spending a lot of time there in my 20's.
Best thing I ever did.
Good morning Mr Seppo, maybe learn what troll means.
Have a read up on your culture lol ;)
Written by your about to be 2IC ;)
https://www.sanity.com.au/products/2359738/Hillbilly-Elegy--A-Memoir-of…
ps met a nice young guy from your area surfing Angourie yesterday, said we are not missing out on anything living here lol ;)
hey! ho! let's go!
lol^ what a mean looking troll ;)
JF when he comes out of his basement lol
Bet he hasn't set foot in a Uni. (online course on how bad white Australians were probably) lol
Hope he Gets a good Hex debt and not tax payer funded ;)
Burleigh, you'd probably benefit from a TAFE course or something.
I wouldn't set the bar any higher though...champ.
Another lovely comment from you.
Believe it or not, my post was with good intentions.
But you somehow overlooked that.
Great stuff @andymac.
Yep i reckon with the amount of hours Indo spends researching for his posts on swellnet, he could actually come away with a great degree putting those hours into some real study, and give the forums a much needed breather from his 'educated' perspective. Him and his podcasts are a bit like Burleigh and his instagram posts. Not alot of depth.
Thanks for the suggestions on courses but im kind of busy with working for myself and raising a family.
I have a few choices when im working.
1. If on a site with other tradies, listen to Triple M and hear Khsan for the 500,000 time.
2. Listen to the radio or music, that i sometimes do, headphones if need be.
3. Silence that i sometime enjoy, if no others around as no longer employee anyone cause too much headaches.
4. Listen to podcast and keep up to date on news of the day or just subjects that interest me.
I listen to a whole range of podcast from music, to news, to political and social to surfing to history to military, to Collingwood podcast that ive been skipping listening to of late :(
And i get my news from a wide range of podcast from ABC news daily, to the Guardian, to the New york times to Fox news to the Australian, to the Times of Israel(actually slightly left leaning)etc
Anyway im going surfing before resort boats turn up.
You’re at stage two, leading into stage 3 of your standard cycle of abuse.
Just get it out so we can enjoy the honeymoon faze.
# Pass the Bong Joe
What the hell is wrong with TAFE?
Pass the Torch...this is awkward!
Such an amazing moment in history , Biden is under unprecedented pressure , to resign and pass the torch , the baton , to Nobody , at the End of the Presidential Race !
Let Nobody , take over Biden , you're too old to finish the race , mate , the Democrats are now saying lol .
Biden can't compete with even a nobody , with such scrutiny .
The only Democrat that could run , get a Finishing Burst DONE , with the Establishments and donors help and have a go at taking Trump ON , is Hilary .
It doesn't matter what barbs Trumps land on her thick skin and she could rescue the election , from being a landslide .
Think Rudd , the dud !
Hilary won't unite the country , but she will Unite the Leadership of the Democrats , 4 sure !
I can't think of anyone else , that would Test Trumpy !
The move to Hilary , would have been planned 4 August , the killing season convention .
This is just " the quiet waiting time , before the Storm " , Biden is thinking "it's 2 quiet" !
The Muppet show has got NOISEY a bit too early !
Hilary might have to come out of the shadows , a bit early M Bethy like ?
dude, we been talking about this shit for years, I laid out a rudimentary list a few pages back. the links from sasha stone and matt taibi did the same
"...Tell me something that was substantively reported in the The Times, The Washington Post, the Sydney Morning Herald, the New Yorker, the Australian even.."
if that's your list of acceptable sources...
I see your problem...
no fixing that
"Hint. If you say that the US has been sliding towards socialism, I’ll know you’re an imbecile."
imbecile indeed!
aloof much?
have you read (that's absorbed) anything I've ever said?
2008: the beginning of the end
koch brothers: yeh thanks brains for enlightening me...
tell is brains, how's their buying of donald trump going?
dean was my man 6 months ago
but got squeezed out by... errr... cough cough corruption...
the only dem not all in on the MIC as far as I'm aware
he'll get nowhere...
it really is astounding how defiant biden is...
one could argue he's just old, and slipped into that stubborn, autistic like, late stage of life where one lacks any self awareness at all
but really, anyone following proceedings knows , it's jill and hunter calling the shots now...
and their defiance is more unhealthy than a full joe biden nappy
You know... 'the Black man'. The dementia removing the artifice. He's always had the whiff of a Southern Democrat.
sypkan
I think Jill and Hunter's powers , have gone out with Joe's .
Biden has bunkered down and will wait for the inevitable knock on his front door , from Barak perhaps ?
A meeting to ensure Joe goes out in style , The Defiant One haha lol .
Then Hilary , Bill , the Obama's , Pelosi etc , come together again , 2 get Trump , whatever it takes .,
IndoDreaming. Hope ya well.
Thanks for your reply, I’m not surprised by the intensity of it, alas, it is your view and I respect that.
They are still assumptions, you can’t think how you think others are going to act, it’s that simple.
This is not condescending by any means, you’re are an intelligent guy, there’s no doubting that, your writing, your grammar , expression, , thorough detailed insights of subject matter, consistently framed and easy to understand.
Has it ever occurred to you , that I throw friendly barbs so as to get a reaction. It’s a deliberate ploy.
If you’ve understood me by now, I’m all for learning, in any capacity, I can learn more myself, I know it.
Tame the time to look at how many responses have quickly banked up on this forum matter since I responded to you, pages of the stuff.
Look at the positives, for all of us, for a moment, forget the subject matter, look at how much dialogue is generated. This in turn is aiding others, spelling, grammar, rapid researching ( the net), books , oral expression.
Don’t you think it’s enlightening? I do.
Look at all the contributors, combative, enraged at times, polar opposite views etc.
But in the end, we are on these forum topics because it provides an outlet to vent your view, thoughts and some anger.
In reality, we are all just worthy friends. Without malice. AW
his time is definitely nigh popd
they'll get him one way or another
not sure about hilary though, she's one flawed candidate
people in the know saying dems cannot possibly bypass kamala...
the $$$... but more importantly, they've backed themselves into a no win identity politics corner
again...
planet america on abc: been right on the money for all things trumpy for 8 years now, surprisingly balanced for abc...
chas said wednesday, he thinks dems will lose, be it biden or kamala... but at least kamala can put a floor under how devastating that loss will be...
the irony is... (no one does irony like dems) ...that if they hadn't made such hysterical desperate and misguided calls to take trump out with the 25th amendment 6 years ago...
they'd be able to (and should) use it now
biden is so clearly incapacitated this whole charade beggars belief
he will only get worse
they (he) should have moved 12 months ago...
it's such a shambles now, it's pure damage control
(bring back hilary!
...debates be great if trump v hilary and vance v kamala...
purely from an entertainment perspective...)
Best illustration so far of the bullet trajectories.
The first bullet wings Trump then goes through the bloke in the black t shirts stomach.
Still hard to tell whether it was the first or second bullet that hit the JCB telehandler forklifts hydraulic hose.
<iframe width="718" height="404" src="
title="Illustration of Attempted Assassination of President Trump Part 2" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Here’s one for you belly fat, enjoy, lol ;)
- ummm ;)
..... paging the trash can (and borrowing from p 174 of this thread)
- the stinging nettle spelled it out for u clearly and concisely haha
..... yet u persist.... lingering.... loitering....
& unchanged with ya maga nappy stench ;)
- "...can you fuck off?" hahahaha
;);)