More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
I like you wax24. It is 5pm at Indo's, 3pm at southernraw's.
(they are a nation apart).
1 year on...Albo is holdin' off on the King's Coins...
If Voice gets Up then ALP will go full Repo Reffo & saves on a full set of new coins.
If Voice fails ... Dutto will campaign for another Voice Reffo!
Either we get a Republic or Voice Reffo in next term of Govt.
Now running at a cost of $500m each Reffo...Wow!
Thanx Base, for both the positive vibe and the info. (I've been a complete tosser on here a time or two.. always a work in progress i am.)
I couldn't agree more, this is really about a few different issues anyway, voice, treaty, constitutional recognition.
They should have had three basic questions yes or no too.
1. Constitutional recognition.(preamble)
2. Voice
3. Treaty
And could have ended the Australia day debate and and added that in too.
Its very high risk high reward for the yes camp, basically rolling the dice on Constitutional recognition, voice, treaty.
Constitutional recognition would 100% get up if a seperate question, but i dont think anyone really cares about that, there is zero money or power in that unlike voice and treaty.
Ha ha seriously dude Albo has been playing politics with this from day one, if Albo had done the right thing he wouldn't be cunning and sly and tried to drag through voice on the back of peoples good will for constitutional recognition.
Hat's off to Dutton, this is a really smart move it prevents the whole this is the last chance for constitutional recognition thing and ensure people are voting on the voice.
no worries wax, nice seeing you and southern chat last night, he's a good egg.
re tosser-ness, we've all been there, all have good days and bad, but SN is one of the few places on the internet you might get some positive reinforcement on the good days : )
540 comments on the smh article. I read about 30 of them and didn’t read any that were congratulating spud on his announcement , most people remember the Liberals promising similar things back in 2013 .Spud is clearly delusional if he believes he can win the next election, but yeah some “ dudes “ take their hat off to him .
Hi Southern. I didn't wrap up with you. Sorry ya got bounced around and "rinsed." We all know that is part of it, but we don't hafta like it. My ageing body sure doesn't. Hope you are feeling better today.
I got what thought i was gonna get. Cold, gray, windy mush. The one good thing was there was only one other guy out there. I just haven't been getting out as much this summer (it's summer here) and was desperate enough. The other guy reported the same, lol. August in NorCal is hit and miss. Next three months are the go to. Unfortunately, the Noahs show up during that time, too.
Have a good one.
Cheers fellas.
Vote No camp has 99% lead in the Polls...but then hits a major hurdle.
Dutto : "That's it Boys...pack it up...we're done for!"
"Can hear the Bagpipes in the distance...Whisperin' Jack's Voice is gettin' louder!"
Voted Best teen Personality + King of Pop 1969/70/71/72/73
Winner of 1987 Most Popular Voice Video
Voted most popular chart breaking Voice Reffo Jingle for 2023..
Dutto (Quivering upper lip!) : "We apologize to the King of Pop..we are not worthy!
All Hail The King ...see you guys at the next Voice Reffo!"
As i have no dog in this race (not my country), i have and will continue to refrain from giving my opinion on The Voice.
I do not mind sharing, however; that Whispering Jack sucks.
Really sucks.
I am at work, and this is where i give new-to-me music a chance. I put on this album after seeing it referenced here and could not get through a song. (I tried three.)
I had to listen to Townes Van Zandt STAT to wash it through!
Indo is that what you meant to say?
After just travelling through the north of Australia having real life experiences and seeing what's real I will definitely be voting yes with my head.
Na you have to really get into the back catalogue to appreciate how good he is... :)
Ha ha No i fucked up, I was surprised no one picked up on it yesterday, I was trying to get my boy breaky and post at same time, came back and missed ,my ten minute edit window.
Conrad's on picking it up.
Anyway your are going to be very disappointed.
On a postive note
"I Am Australian"
I came from the Dreamtime
From the dusty red soil plains
I am the ancient heart
The keeper of the flame
I stood upon the rocky shore
I watched the tall ships come
For forty thousand years I've been the first Australian
I came upon the prison ship
Bound down by iron chains
I fought the land
Endured the lash
And waited for the rains
I'm a settler
I'm a farmer's wife
On a dry and barren run
A convict then a free man
I became Australian
I'm a daughter of a digger
Who sought the mother lode
The girl became a woman
On the long and dusty road
I'm a child of the Depression
I saw the good times come
I'm a bushy, I'm a battler
I am Australian
We are one
But we are many
And from all the lands on earth we come
We'll share a dream
And sing with one voice
I am, you are, we are Australian
I'm a teller of stories
I'm a singer of songs
I am Albert Namatjira
And I paint the ghostly gums
I'm Clancy on his horse
I'm Ned Kelly on the run
I'm the one who waltzed Matilda
I am Australian
I'm the hot wind from the desert
I'm the black soil of the plain
I'm the mountains and the valleys
I'm the drought and flooding rains
I am the rock
I am the sky
The rivers when they run
The spirit of this great land
I am Australian
We are one
But we are many
And from all the lands on earth we come
We'll share a dream
And sing with one voice
I am, you are, we are Australian
We are one
But we are many
And from all the lands on earth we come
We'll share a dream
And sing with one voice
I am, you are
We are Australian
I am, you are
We are Australian
You can call it what you want
But it just don't mean a thing
No, it just don't mean a thing
Fuck that, homie
You can come and wave your flag
But it don't mean a thing to me
No, it just don't mean a thing
Fuck that, homie
You can call it what you want
But it just don't mean a thing
No, it just don't mean a thing
Fuck that, homie
You can come and wave your flag
But it don't mean a thing to me
No, it just don't mean a thing
Fuck that, homie
They said, "Hey Briggs, pick a date" (okay)
"You know, one we can celebrate" (for sure)
"Where we can come together
Talk about the weather, call that Australia Day"
I said, "How about March 8th?" (That's a good one)
And we can do it on your Nan's grave (got that, bitch?)
We can piss up, piss on her face
Get lit up and burn out like Mark Skaife
They screamin' "love it or leave it" (love it)
I got more reason to be here, if you could believe it
Won't salute a constitution or who's underneath it
Turn that flag to a noose, put a cease to your breathin'
I can't get in my whip, I get a ticket for that
I get a DWB, and that's a "Driving Whilst Black"
I turn the other cheek, I get a knife in my back
And I tell 'em it hurts, they say I overreact
So fuck that (fuck that)
You can call it what you want
But it just don't mean a thing
No, it just don't mean a thing
(Hey Briggs!) Fuck that, homie
You can come and wave your flag
But it don't mean a thing to me
No, it just don't mean a thing
I said celebrate the heretic anytime outside Jan 26 (anytime)
That's the date for them suckers doin' that sucker shit (that's true)
That's that land takin', flag wavin' attitude
Got this new Captain Cook dance to show you how to move (move it)
How you wanna raise a flag with a rifle
To make us want to celebrate anything but survival?
Nah, you watchin' telly for The Bachelor
But wouldn't read a book about a fuckload of massacres? (What?)
I remember all the blood and what carried us (I remember)
They remember 20 recipes for Lamingtons (yum)
Yeah, their ancestors got a boatride
Both mine saw them comin' until they both died
Fuck celebratin' days made of misery (fuck that)
White Oz still got the black history (that's true)
And that shirt will get you banned from the parliament
If you ain't havin' a conversation, well, then we startin' it
You can call it what you want
But it just don't mean a thing
No, it just don't mean a thing
Fuck that, homie
You can come and wave your flag
But it don't mean a thing to me
No, it just don't mean a thing
No, it just don't mean a thing
Nah, it just don't mean a thing
No, it just don't mean a thing
Nah, it just don't mean a thing
No, it just don't mean a thing
Nah, it just don't mean a thing
No, it just don't mean a thing
Nah, it just don't mean a
Motherfuckin' thing
No, it just don't mean a thing
Wave it, wave it, baby
Wave it, wave it (eat the flag)
Wave it, wave it mama
Wave that flaggy (wear the flag)
Wave it, wave it, baby (what you gonna do?)
Wave it, wave it (wave it, baby)
Wave it, wave it mama
Wave that flaggy
Why vote No?
... don't like Aboriginal people
... don't accept Australian history
... don't want Aboriginal people to access any power
... don't want Aboriginal people to determine their own lives
... want to continue disrespectful and racist differences and structural disadvantage.
Any other poor reasoning???
wow! did u make that up or is it some fnp wannabe nigga rapper usa style?
the thing that worries me is the hate by the yes brigade towards are senior citizens.
a betoota advocate article was posted here awhile back it described old people as franking dividend, negative geared etc etc rich ppl, an ugly propaganda piece by a yes zealot comedian(?) paid by the yes fund...our taxes.
the no ppl i know are not angry at yessers, the govt and elite fnp scammers angry at.
we think a lot of pro voice ppl are going to gain financially and or career wise (academics, beuracrats) i get the ones who vote yes out of empathy, lied to by govt but time will prove who is right.
20yrs in the makeing, what a travesty, a scam. $370mil on b.s. and no mention of homeless by fnp, just memememe!!
oh and southern whats your opinion on preschoolers being guilt tripped, by yes teachers, babes 4-5yrs old?.
i call it state sponsored child abuse.
Why vote No?
... don't like Aboriginal people
... don't accept Australian history
... don't want Aboriginal people to access any power
... don't want Aboriginal people to determine their own lives
... want to continue disrespectful and racist differences and structural disadvantage.
Any other poor reasoning???
and they wonder why no voters get called racist.
Shame As It EverWas. Talking Head job, you need one. Frontal lobotomy I’d suggest
Wash your mouth out.
We can organise your deportation back to Great Britain if you wish. That’s where all this attitude towards FNP comes from, only muppet puppets would refer to Captain Cook in this day and age. Thats a minute period of Australian history , but totally suitable for a person with a very small brain and zero intellect , mum probably still dresses you. Tool. AW
2017 JJJ Reffo The People of Australia voted ...
Voice Judge Spins his Chair & has a Shaq Attack...
Bloody knew it...it's another one of them bogan rapperz!
2017 Indigenous Vote / AIR / SA Reffos all Voted in favour of the Bogan Track
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_26_(song)
2023 The Song later caused quite a controversy on world leading Surf site #1 swellnet...
Lyrics were shared then tbb played dat blingy bogan Vid...OMG...all hell broke loose...Kaboom!
Turn off the TV Harry. That’s embarrassing
Burleigh is such a simple fella, that he thinks everyone that he disagrees with gets all their opinions from television.
No hiccup, Harrys views on why people will vote no is exactly what the TV wants you to believe.
I'm voting No and it's NOTHING to do with race and not wanting indigenous people to thrive.
https://www.crikey.com.au/2023/09/04/voice-to-parliament-dutton-second-…
Sharing a link from Crikey. Lol
Next time will look for an Instagram link.... ;)
The writer of this article is either being intentionally misleading or really is totally clueless.
LNP including Dutton have said all along they support constitutional recognition the majority of Australians do, that aspect has never been an issue.
But clearly the tactic of Albo and the Yes camp has been to use people's good will for constitutional recognition to try to get enough support for the voice to drag it through, and just mix the two completely seperate issue's together.
They always should have been two separate questions, the issues should never have been mixed together and packaged as one.
But as i said yesterday they are willing to take this risk because there is no money or power in
constitutional recognition.
I do enjoy A.B Original and the man Briggs himself. What a legend,
"Latest Newspoll shows support for Voice tumbling as referendum date draws near
The Yes campaign has been dealt a major blow ahead of a “massive” week of action, with a new poll painting a grim picture ahead of the referendum.
The latest Newspoll for The Australian reveals support for the Indigenous Voice to parliament has fallen to 38 per cent, while those intending to vote No has risen to 53 per cent."
https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/latest-newspoll-shows-support…
Of course polls aren't always right, but still.
It's pretty simple. Nobody trusts the glossy brochure the government have printed....... because there is nothing inside it.
@sameaswas the fact this song exists, should be cause for concern. It's called reality. Yes, indigenous people are pissed off. Surely you understand why. The Deadly movement SHOULD strike fear into your heart. That's what you get from years of oppression. Especially if you're still clutching to the early colonialist mentality.
So 'yes' voters are angry? I haven't seen that at all. Maybe saddened and disappointed by the dinosaurs that still wear blinkers but not angry. I think you're misreading that one.
Your language is disgusting, absolutely disrespectful but not surprising. Good to know to avoid you in future conversations for the lowlife you are, like that other babbling twat that dominates this forum. Whats his name again.., the champion of the cu..u know whats.
As for your question on preschoolers....i got taught captain cook was a mighty conquerer and natives were just primitives to be pushed aside so the land could grow and be conquered under English rule.
Is that child abuse? Must be, if all these years later i'm sitting here debating with you on a surfing forum.
Thing is, as i grew up, i learned to question these things and change my perspective.
How any grown adult has not to this point is incredulous to say the least.
it is precisely because governments suck, that aboriginal people would like to have a ongoing voice within the only game in town. why are you barracking for / critsising campaigns? of course they suck. this is not a sporting event, it is real people who are sick of the bollocks.
Sad you believe anything is going to change with a yes vote.
As long as you feel good for doing it nothing else matters I guess.
AEC Voice Reffo (Now!) = $450m
AEC : "Remote Voting will need to start earlier..."
AEC will naturally prioritize Remote Aboriginal Voice Booklets above all electoral matter!
So how did our Expert's Gold Standard Plan go?
VIP White technocrats have been doodling dick pics in Voice Booklets for over 7 weeks now...Yawn!
4th Sept (Still no AEC Aboriginal Voice Booklets?)
15th Sept AEC Booklets Last Mail
25th Sept Aboriginal Voting begins
tbb : "Aboriginal Election is the most racist Election is modern History"!
The Voice is clearly a White folk construct & has nothing whatsoever to do with remote Aborigines.
AEC [factcheck] "We're 100% certain Aborigines played no part in the Voice...All say Aye!"
Half a billion dollars to lock out Aboriginal Voices from their own election is a crime!
Unleash the ACA wolfpack onto the AEC elites > Sack them all NOW!
Outcome : AEC get pay rise > $1B for the Dutto Reffo > Remote Aborigines know shit & cop more shit!
We the People : "Why give Aborigines more shit, they don't respect it!"
We all see wotz goin' on...not today & not on our watch...
Can start by closing this fucking massive AEC gap from growing wider than the Grand Canyon!
Simple! Just cut the bullshit & give the Aborigines their fuckin' Voice Pamphlets! Please!
Na you have to really get into the back catalogue to appreciate how good he is... :)
@ AndyMac
Well, i think Sadie #2 shoulda been Sadie #1.
And, as Forrest Gump would say, "that's all have to say about that."
@Wax24
Here's another: not quite like Sadie, but worth a listen.
Cheers
Ok Burleigh... why u voting no? At least Yes opens up possibilities...No just shuts everything down. And Dutton is the embarrassment here...what an idiot.
But please Burleigh... please enlighten us as to why u a no go... what logical reason am I missing? (Please give me some credit for my own critical thinking)
Burleighs been a fierce advocate for indigenous rights for what,...16 days now! :-P
Firstly its not up to the No camp to provided a reason to vote against it, its up to the Yes camp to provide proper decent reasons to vote for it, and polls are showing they havent provided this.
A few reasons to vote No
1. The basic moral aspect of equality and not dividing us and rights based on race, a proper democracy has, one person=one vote=one influence on matters, not one vote for some and one vote, plus extra influence for others, especially through people that havent even been democratically elected.
2. There is zero reason for the voice to be in the constitution, it could be legislated as policy tomorrow, if it was nobody loses anything and it comes with no risk.
3. It's much more than just about voice, it's really a whole package no matter if Albo admits it or not, Voice-Treaty-So called truth telling, and its driven by activist some clearly full of hate wanting some weird type of revenge
I mean fuck just look at the lyrics from that clown above, its the same hate that people like Southernraw peddle.
Especially this lyric "Turn that flag to a noose, put a cease to your breathin"
Yeah sure he aint involved in this, but its the same mindset, you only have to listen to those like Thomas Mayo or Teela Reid dare i even say Marcia Langton to some extent.
4. Nothing should be put in the constitution unless its a 100% known improvement, and this is an unknown but what we do know is all previous federal advisory bodies have been problematic full of issues, putting something so unproven and untested in the constitution is down right crazy.
5. The complexity of it's reach politically and legally is disputed but it does come with unknown's and risk, all made much worse by it's poor structure and lack of detail, one thing for certain though having direct access to parliament pretty much unlimited funding with no fear of being removed and if it got up backed by the Aus public, means it would wield much political power, as Thomas Mayo says it would be a brave government that doesn't listen and he also said they will make politicians pay
BTW. Your other post today had to just be a troll, nobody could take that seriously, maybe there is some No voters somewhere voting for those reasons, but ive never heard those reasons before.
Broken record....
These have all been addressed in previous articles, fact checked, explained etc etc.
Keep throwing the shit, it's working. Well done, you and others such as you spreading this shit have confused the whole topic, made it a cheap political point scoring wedge for Dutton and the LNP to damage Labor ( they are doing enough to fuck things on their own without this).
When the No gets up you can celebrate the heart break you would have caused to a big section of the FNP"s .
You may not be racist, but a lot of people celebrating if no gets up are.
Give ya self a pat on the back.
No sorry those other previous articles, so calls fact checks , explained are nothing more than differing opinions.
You want this and everything to be about LNP VS Labor, Albo V's Dutton, but this really isn't about that, its so much bigger and more important.
When hopefully the No gets up, only heart's broken will be the grifters seeking power and money.
Those who really think the voice will work, will still get the voice in policy they lose nothing.
Geez it seems me posting those song lyrics really might have triggered a few dropkicks today.
That really wasn't my intention....really. Pinky swear. ;-)
So easy to throw a little smoke bomb in and see the rats come scurrying out into plain daylight for all to see the haters they really are.
Seems truth and reality are really hard to accept.
I reckon mainstream Aussies are a bit tired of the victim culture and being hated for the crimes of their ancestors. If it wasn't the Poms it would have been the Spaniards etc. etc. If not for the colonial settlers none of us would even be here jerking off on our keyboards. The extreme left activists always go too far and do more harm to their cause than good. Those gangsta rap lyrics, pissing on your Nan's grave and on her face etc. etc. homies, would cause a lot of good people to vote no. Seems to me most of the haters are on the yes side, but I will probably vote yes despite them because I'm not a complete a-hole.
Indo with regards to Marcia Langton -
Langton was made a member of the Order of Australia in the 1993 Queen's Birthday Honours for "service as an anthropologist and advocate of Aboriginal issues".[28] She was promoted to officer of the Order of Australia in the 2020 Australia Day Honours for "distinguished service to tertiary education, and as an advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people".[29]
Other recognition has included:
2001: Fellow, Academy of Social Sciences in Australia[30]
2001: Inducted onto the Victorian Honour Roll of Women[31]
2002: Neville Bonner Award for Indigenous Teacher of the Year (jointly with Larissa Behrendt)
2005: Named one Australia's top 20 intellectuals in a survey conducted by The Sydney Morning Herald[32]
2008: Listed as 7th in a list of Australia's top 40 public intellectuals by the API Network[33]
2012: Fellow of Trinity College (University of Melbourne)
2016: Fellow of Emmanuel College at The University of Queensland
2016: University of Melbourne Redmond Barry Distinguished Professor,[34] a continuing role[35]
2017: First Associate Provost at the University of Melbourne[34]
2021: Honorary Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering.
Indo, whether intellectually, morally or any other way you care to mention, you’re not fit to shine Langton’s shoes with your tongue.
Dutto explains why he alone should be allowed to blow half a billion dollars to feed his Alter ego!
2023 Vote [X] Counts as [No] To the [ALP] Question of giving Aboriginals a Voice!
2025 Vote [X] Counts as [Yes] To the [L] Question of denying Aboriginals a Voice
Dutto : "I can't see why my Party, Aborigines & Planet Earth are hesitating to orbit around me!"
Howard : I'd luv to help Dutto bastardize the 2025 Voice (By the Grace of God I insert 1,000 words)
Nationals : "Have another cost neutral Reffo at next Election!"
Albo : "Thanx for backing our combo Fed / Rep' Reffo... saves us minting new coins!"
Aborigines : "You fuckin' alien freaks can slither back into yer $368B Nuke subs & never come back!"
Old dog, you do realise, Indigenous Australians still live here. They haven't been wiped out.
You're talking as if they've been conquered and have disappeared. They're still here you know.
Hence, the um....point of this thread.
@A Salty Dog
I actually looked him up just now. He's quite famous and accomplished! I knew The Little River Band growin up here in SF, but he wasn't their singer then. I'll give him one more try, but not Whispering Jack.