More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Nice one GJ
Are you on a road trip?
Wax24. Hi mate. No problem at all, we like to think it’s all things biological, post any relative topic or subject.
We’d love some Nth.American content. AW
Greenjam. Hi.
Sounds like you’re fully immersed in island life already. Good stuff.
Glad you’re enjoying the weather and a bit of time off.
Your mystery bird.
Do they have orange legs ? Most likely, Orange- Footed Scrubfowl, a.k.a. Orange-Footed Megapodes.
They call a lot, daily and nightly, always cross checking where all members of their family and community are located.
Part of a very old lineage of avian diversity. AW
Back to the Curlews. I’ve always loved the numbers of them on Maggie. It’s a treat at night with their almost blood curdling screams.
Birds, eh?
Oh poor Matty. That is funny. What do they want?
Seeds. Hi fella. Curlews are definitely one of my favourite bird of the tropics.
The wailing, especially overnight or on dusk. Many a tourist has approached me whilst wearing binoculars in the tropics, they always ask, What’s that noise overnight that sometimes sounds like a female is being murdered ?
They often remark that they got no sleep as well.
One of the great sounds of the Australian NE tropics . AW
Their screams put me to sleep. Very comforting. Was surprised about 3 years ago stayed at a place Indo used to work at on K’gari and there were 3 there. I’ve never seen them that far south.
Stu. Hi, hope you well.
Not the full two Bob ol’ Matt.
Any out of the ordinary or notable birds or birdlife in your area of the Illawarra?
AW.
Seeds. I love them, they are very social, very easy to photograph, you can get very close.
Bush Stone Curlews believe it or not are actually a type of shorebird.
They extend way inland, huge irruptions on The Atherton Tableland, always big numbers in Cairns, Yorkeys Knob and all those tropical beach areas.
Right across the Top End into WA and as far south and just below Perth.
You might be interested to know their distribution extends way down south just to as far as Sydney.
Their range into the interior is extending regularly. AW
Sydney? You’re shitting me! Can’t be that many, surely.
No shitting here. They even occur north of the divide in Victoria and up along the Murray, Swan Hill, Mildura , West NSW etc.
Completely off topic.
Fahrenheit 451, the movie, if you know the theme. They are on their way Bozo. AW
Ha
I await my Aust Post app update
There’s something in there , that would show you the Bush Stone Curlews distribution. I tell no more. AW
Nice. It’s like Xmas. I took a delivery from Tiger last weekend. Then on Monday the Patagonia wettie that today vacuumed sealed my body like a pickled pork with walnuts. I await basesix’s mail bomb. And Tubeshooter never showed up.
Well, you’re a good fella, always up for an engaging discussion and always interested. Good things happen to good folk.
Your Tiger boards have been great to follow here.
I received a couple of days ago a 6’6” Eric Arakawa single flyer rounded pin twinnie. Can’t wait to ride it in some size. Don’t you love beautiful hand crafted boards.
Ohh. Just had a vision of your wetsuit sculpting, not good, I just ate also. AW
Hehe ain’t nobody got time for that vision
Yeah, sorry about that Seeds. I wrote the wrong house number down.
The elderly couple down the road weren't too happy to find me on their lounge in my undies drinking the old fellas home brew and I had to leave town pretty smartly.
Agree on the soothing sounds of curlews at night.
Throw in a few plovers too.
Haha that’s funny. Thanks. Fully clothed you might of got a cuppa and a scone.
well, I didn't write down your address @seeds, so I flicked an email to tubeshooter to get it.. the old couple down the road will be getting a coorong book and a dub of skunk arriving soon.. should make up for @ts's shenanigans..
Geez you guys are good for a laugh. Well appreciated at this end. Australia is doing alright with blokes like you still around!
Pics of the Eric Alfred?
Lovely couple though.
I think what upset him the most is that his wife didn't seem to have a problem with it, which scared me more than he did.
I wanna pay a visit. I’ll bring the scones
yes seeds, on a roadtrip, the winter escape. The body really isnt liking the cold anymore, I've known it for years, so this year I finally stopped talking about it and fled. Left last Friday, will likely get back home around end of August. Took a few days to get up here - overnights in Yeppoon (Farnborough Beach), Mackay (Bucasia Beach), then Townsville (right on the Ross River). Maggie is the first of a number of extended stays - a week here (and already feeling I should have made it a month!), 5 or so in the rainforest on Babinda Creek, a couple at Kurrimine Beach, and about a week each at Forrest Beach, Ball Bay (Cape Hillsborough) and Agnes as I make my way back home. Still working several days/week, and exploring the areas a bit. Hopefully a smooth journey...
and yes AW, that's the bird, the scrubfowl. Confirmed it yesterday, then was talking about it this morning with a coastcare weeder I ran into in the dunes. It was a good chat, getting the lowdown on the local weed issues and bush rehab work. I was on my way to check out a small patch of remnant rare/threatened coastal vine scrub just behind the beach down the road a bit, and she mentioned they've got a working bee there tomorrow morning, so I'll join them for a bit, and no doubt meet some more local botany knowledge holders. She (the coastcare weeder) also says she has a book on the island's geology she can give me - so there is also that extra enticement. Love a bit of geology...
and obviously no surf here, but the stunning beaches/bays... got out on the SUP at crack of dawn this morning for a paddle up the coast a bit, was beautiful, plenty of sea bird life (including an Osprey pretty close), and a turtle popped up to say hello towards the end. Great start to the day, will be repeating that in the days ahead.
and all the talk of the birds, well I've noticed there's also plenty of other pretty birdlife here, if only I still had some partying backpacker days in me...
GJ on your way north from Townsville check out Little Crystal Creek and Big Crystal Creek/Paradise swimming hole. It’s half way to Ingham.
That brings back memories, we camped there on our way down the coast from Cairns with the kids. Got it to ourselves as a storm rolled in. Beautiful place.
Seeds. Hi mate.
Will do (take photos) on Saturday morning, I’ve been departing home in the dark and returning home in the dark, gotta a little deck and roofed pergola job on thats almost finished.
All the best. AW
Blackers, did you find the other rock holes near the Paradise campground?
We only found the ones close by, didn't really get to explore. A swim after hours on the road was needed, quick cook up then hide from the storm. We left early the next day but still remember it.
thanks seeds, will try to get there. Have been there before many years ago and recall it being a great spot. Paluma on a stinking hot/humid summer's day was a big relief
GJ
6 degrees at the airport this morning. 2 at Gympie. Pootown usually somewhere in between. Got up at 6.30 and felt it. Almost made me put something on other than shorts, T-shirt and thongs. Almost. Warms up pretty quick once in the sun.
I guess you’re correct though. Up north is well pleasant at this time of year
Another interesting punk from the Mary River. I believe they have been rediscovered in the Burdekin which is great.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2024-01-15/endangered-mary-river-turt…
ps not to mention the endangered Mary River Cod.
AW
Thought this chat better here .
I checked on google and the Bird I saw was a Yellow Billed Blue Magpie .
The Male was over a meter long with a colourful tail , half it's length .
Female had a normal bird tail , cute !
Like all animals in Bhutan , not scared of humans much and a smart scavenger imho .
They have That , Look !
Lots of Moss , Lichen and Ferns covering most stuff .
And Strange Bugs and Insects .
Dun Beatles rolling shit uphill 2 .
Hemlock wood is beautiful .
I have mentioned the Cobra Plant .
A very interesting place that U and seeds would love .
I love the people .
One day Pop. Sounds like a Devine place to visit.
I was down the back yard today dumping some green waste when I noticed some new culms seem to have reached full height and had started to leaf. Probably 60ft guesstimating. I planted this at 2 foot high.



Devine. Madness.
Hope ya trip is going well (and I don’t mean mushies).
That male bird is awesome with its long tail.
Hemlock Wood is a North American tree.
Problem with common names,
Bhutanese may call it Hemlock Wood and it may be an entirely different conifer. AW
Seeds. Hi mate. Wow, that’s impressive, some kind of growth.
That second photo with the beaming light passing through the culms looks like some Devine Intervention , don’t tell me Optimist is pulling a few strings. Good stuff. AW
AW
I think Seed's Stand has a bit of a buddha belly and looks very happy !
Almost Jack and the bloody Beanstalk material , nearly .
Not sure what Seeds is using 2 grow Stuff , but bag it imho !
Not any Buddha
Not any Buddha
Not any Buddha
Not any Buddha
careful, Buddha will come...
- you only lose what you cling to ;)
Buddha be getting
Devine Madman
I’m not sure Seeds is ever going to divulge what he’s growing up in those high field rises.
Bit of a jungle for a reason I’d surmise. I’m green with envy.AW
We all know what seeds is growing lol ;)
Ashsam. Hi.
I think you’ll find the correct grammar is ‘We all know what seeds are growing’.
He hasn’t told us, I don’t know , I’d presume. tomatoes, capsicum, lettuce, basil, coriander etc.
Play on words. AW
Seeds. Hi fella. Go to your local P.O today, it’s arriving.AW