More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
I laughed, @blackers.
slightly back to botany, I have a cultivating/baking question.. I planted my ginger early spring, so am starting to harvest now. and have plenny of apples that are still good but have lost texture.. thinking I might do a pastry thing.. didn't you say something about a Danish with a little ginger in it @ashsam?
Cheeky
I haven't eaten red meat or chicken for over 30 years, no to your trivia question.
^ fer real @ashsam? good on you. My mum has been veggo since she was 20.. I'm getting there organically by degrees. As I get older, and my brain is in on the decline, needing less of that hyper-complex-protein, land-meat has less and less appeal.. gets easier to not worry about it. Been going fish for 11am-sies.
(I watched a show with kippers in it a few years ago, and suddenly what had seemed weird to me in my youth looked quite civilised.. sets up the protein for the day.)
Ashsam. Morning. Thanks for your reply.
Healthy living for sure, is it a twofold thing for you, 1.Health, 2.Your religious beliefs ? I’m genuinely interested.
I reflect back on life in all those primary years, I/we ate way too much meat, bit of a societal thing, as kids in the early 70’s, everyone we new always had their fill, was always choose your meat first then add a bit of veggies.
The days of steak and two veggies are over for me and many others.
All the best . AW
Blackers. Hi mate.
No drama. I’m a sensitive shit sometimes.
I know you know, I’m a lover of all biota, even you. AW
No connection, my wife and kids eat meat/chicken but also vego food, although she is particular with what she buys mainly organic if that makes a diff, I just went off the taste of it, eat fish, dairy, eggs.
Still fire up the barbecue occasionally.
Yep grew up eating chops and veggies. Grandparents owned a farm, was all fresh no pestacides/chemicals back then.
Do a Daniel fast usually once a year for a month, good way to lose 1KG or more a week.
Look it up doesn't have to religious, pretty much vegan, but no coffee, alchohol, no processed foods, sugar.
Ashsam. Good stuff mate.
I grow almost everything I need, chooks provide the shit/straw mulch for the veggie gardens and the cycle goes around and around. Purchase fish at two separate places or catch my own.
I’ve never had a cup of coffee, probably drink ten cups of tea per day, that contains Theanine, a great amino acid that has positive affects on your body, especially the brain. Maybe I need a few more cups a day!!!!
AW.
Wow 10 cups a day :) I do like a green tea.
I have 2 coffees a day we have a coffee machine so buy organic mycotoxin free coffee beans and organic milk.
https://byronbaycoffeeco.com.au/shop/organic-espresso-mycotoxin-free/
https://barambahorganics.com.au
so if the Mrs didn't tell you to move them, you would not move them and let the dog kill them?
Bizarre comment eh, I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t like blue tongues.
Why wouldn’t you like them? The perfect snail eradication beasts.
You can't say anything on this forum without someone having a go at you, not even worth answering the 2 above.
Not having a go, just curious.
Also, you’re worse than anyone on here
Bizarre thing to say
From the person who has a go at anyone more often than anyone else, now pulling the victim card? That is Irony at it's best.
seriously, anyone that lets a dog kill a bluetongue (or any defenceless animal) is an asshole. If it is more than once that person deserves to rot
I have seen a few of these fellas about of late. Most recent one was in a lookout tree overlooking a local wave, ripping a fish to pieces. Lovely birds with amazing eyes.
Not my image, as I didn't have my camera with me. Wikipedia sourced.
Wow, incredible shot Blackers! Those eyes!
Oh just googled the bird and saw that image, haha. I see not yours.
Nice shot Blackers.
Lots of black shouldered kites around here- very common bird.
Interesting it was eating a fish- they are normally a rodent/lizard eater.
Really great shot blackers , those red eyes look straight through ya . I’ve no idea what type of birds these are , no doubt AW will be able to identify them . Didn’t see a great deal of bird life up here , only other bird I did sea was a large sea eagle , oh and in a cave the other guys found had thousands of swallows .
Less common in my neck of the woods. Have seen 2 this month but years since I last saw one. Re the fish, I think it might have been an opportunistic meal - some fisho's near-by cleaning their catch.
Please note not my photo as said previously. Would love to claim it.
if one gets into your yard and you are not home and dog gets it not much you can do.
(you're doing great edits lately, @ashsam : )
if the hat fits :)
a singular one off event is no ones fault....you posted in the multiples as a common event.
good try at walking it back though.
Supa, those may be Sumatran green pigeons?
G’day AW,
Quiz time, any idea what this shrub is? Tiny white vanilla scented flowers this time of year in Vicco, meant to be AU, cheers
png pictures website
Ligustrum?
tea olive? They smell pretty sweet.
GuySmiley. Hi mate . Hope you’re doing well.
It’s Osmanthus fragrans. Wonderful plant, smells great, super tough. Widespread through West Asia east to China, Vietnam and most SE Asian countries. AW
Don't know why, but I get much joy seeing a mob of yellow-tail blacks, cruise toward another mob who are sitting in a tree, then immediately take off. The two mobs split in two, and join a half of the other mob, two newly-formed mobs flying off in opposite directions with their new mates. Unspoken (unsquawked) social understandings.
(cheers for Don Watson's 'The Bush' @Alfred, so far so great, engaged enthusiasm without being ebullient, calm, researched storytelling)
God damn he’s good
Basesix. Hi mate. Was in Geelong last week erecting a pool fence around a spa just off the Barwon Heads Road on the way to 13th Beach. 275 Yellow tailed Black Cockatoos flew over.
We may very well get excited by that, BUT, it’s probably all of them from a large range, very sad, on the decline totally as large seed bearing trees are being cleared, especially Banksia, Hakea sp and introduced Pinus sp and Hesperocyparis sp.. etc. Glad you got the book. It’s a good read. AW
Gday AW, thanks, yes it is super tough, never watered, unprotected, facing west and growing in poor clay, about 2.50 metres high and wide after 15 years, cheers
Spot on TTB kudos to you also
GuySmiley. Hi again. Due to this mild Autumn here in Victoria, many cool season Spring flowering plants are flowering out of season. Even though flowering is governed by photoperiod ( day length) and ambient air temperature, plants are easily tricked. We’ve been having some cool days in a row, then we get elevated temperatures and plants think it’s Spring again.
For plant enthusiasts I’ve planted ( clients not wanting natives) medium height Osmanthus heterophyllus hedges over the years, beautiful holly shaped leaves that also come in a ‘purpurea’ leaf form, fragrance is out of this world.
It’s a plant life!!!!! AW
Shout out also to Tubeshooter, in my haste I didn’t look at his post, my apologies my friend.
your a tool
They go good on the barbecue too
I have Winter Sweet in the garden AW, know it?
Blackers. Hi. Correct they are frugivorous pigeons. Over the length of the Barusan chain of Islands starting up north around Simeule all the way down south to Enggano around 1300km there are many species of pigeons with subtle variations due to isolation and speciation over thousands of years.
Some are found on a particular island and very close to another island the bird species changes or in some cases is present, ice ages, plate tectonics and geological processes drive this speciation.
I’ve got a couple in mind, just ascertaining that they are found in that middle region , we know it well, Mentawai Archipelago. AW
Hi mate. I know it, old world plant rarely sold in nurseries these days
Chimonanthus praecox.
A friend of mine has one in her garden in Trafalgar, I gave it to her some 30 years ago, tough also, now that’s a fragrant plant.
From memory has very rough foliage like sandpaper. Good stuff mate. AW
^^^ all of the above AW
Blackers. I think they are Thick- billed or Pink - necked Green Pigeons (females) very similar only slight variations, very difficult to get a perfect identification from the fuzzy photos.AW
Good one Alfred, I knew I was ballpark. Should have just stuck to green pigeons. Female colouration makes sense.
Well done Blackers, here’s an example of a page of Pigeons from that region, there’s 4 more pages as well.
Notice, very subtle differences. Birds are amazing.AW
I never knew you could eat these, i only found out yesterday when i saw someone on FB buy and sell trying to sell two of the fruits for $50, so googled it.
Name kind of make sense now.
Heres what the plant looks like most people know it, not to be confused with Philodendron species
Monstera deliciosa - fruit salad plant, Swiss cheese
IndoDreaming. Morning, hope ya well. Taught back in Horticultural College days of its edibility.
Very tough plant as you know, I never water the two I have , outdoors under shelter, epiphytic and derive their water needs from the atmosphere.
The greatest use from Monstera is its amazing anti-constipation compounds.
It’s the major component (dry) of a powder that customers purchase from health shops. It works very well indeed, my ex used it all the time. Far North Queensland folk have been using it for years.
Good stuff.AW
Morning all;
What ferns can you suggest for under a deck, no direct sunlight at all.
Some filtered light in the late afternoon.
Coastal northern rivers region.
Appreciate the input from the brains trust.
Thank you.
Meris. Hello to you. How far are you from the actual ocean ? Onshore winds carry salt laden air. Let us know and I’ll recommend a couple. AW
Meris I like (and recommend) Doodia aspera (and its just a cool name). But I reckon you've got heaps of fern options
Afternoon ,
Thanks for the reply, appreciated.
AW I’m roughly 800 mts from the beach.
Low lying, lots of paperbark banksia and large gums.
Reasonably protected from salt laden winds.
North west aspect.
Thanks again.
Zoysia grass, soft to walk on no cutting needed.
https://ibb.co/7yj8cgm
https://ibb.co/Q6tq0mc