More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
FreeRide, dusk and early morning is the time to hear them calling, if they are there. The heath needs to be low, less than waist high. In the heath at Brooms Head is a good spot. The call is pretty unique, almost insect like. Have a listen to link below.
https://xeno-canto.org/98181
This was in response to seeds video
Awesome Supa!!!!
Thanks for posting that Distracted. Your description is pretty spot on. Not really birdlike.
I was just consulting zee bird book and the population here is extremely endangered but it enlightened me to the fact their habitat is scant on the mainland. Tiny pockets of remaining birds.
In these photos you can see why the tree is so named, shape of the leaves. AW
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5bacb83e809d8e12a0e172eb/…
One way they look like an emu footprint sorta. Middle toe too small.
Other way around they look like a bird flying or maybe a flying fox.
Seeds. Hi mate, hope you’re well.
Well, us mere Swellnutters are just basic ‘Joe Citizens’
It looks like you are a larger than life Queenslander, even holding back on the actual people from telling us you mix with the regalia within regional councils.
Driving in Warro National Park this morning , I found this, your social reach from the Noosa hinterland is greater than we all expected. A bit of fun. AW
Ha
Should have unbolted it and dropped it off.
Hibiscus divaricatus. (synonymous. Hibiscus heterophyllus ssp.luteus
Boyal , QLD. (roadside revegetation with shit loads of weed species that obviously came in with the recycled mulch broadcasted.)
Nice large shrubs all the same.
A couple of little critters making their way to destroy leaves.
Hibiscus Harlequin Bug
One of the weed species to pop up in the mulch.
A butterfly favourite. An exotic weed.
Old name Asclepias sp. Milkweed
New name Gomphocarpus physocarpus
On the rail of my twinnie. Agnes Water 24/09/24
A Sawfly, an ancient progenitor of many other species, ants, wasps, bees and sawflies.
A mighty fine specimen.
^ this is a great shot @AW
… the boots on it, the colours, the shapes ;)
JellyFlater. Thanks pal.
I’ve listened to Blackers advice.
It was tiny, taken with a shitty old iPhone 8 that’s being held together with tape.
It’ll just get home to VIC.
It looks like a specimen waiting to be pinned or dropped into a preserving liquid, I couldn’t do it. AW
Nice photos AW , the beetle one had me craving for a bertie beetle .
Supafreak. Hey, fuck you made me laugh, almost choked on my cuppa tea.
I thought exactly the same thing when I first looked at the photo on my phone, just needs some shiny tinfoil wrapping and you’d have the real McCoy. Classic. AW
Edit. Hey Supa, Bertie Beetle was just one in a fifty great lollies we had as kids, White Knight, Redskins, Mates, Milky Bar, Sherbet Bombs, Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs , Choo- Choo Bar, Spearmint Leaves, just to name a few.
Hard to beat the milky bar kid .
I remember them all.
In fact, it’s amazing I’ve got any functioning teeth left in my gob at all after that type of start in life. I’ve got more, Big Boss cigars, Spearmint Leaves. AW
Great macro work Alfred, keep them coming.






An afternoon walk on the coastal heath this afternoon. Some lovely wildflowers.
And some more. I know most but not all.





Nice Blackers. Colours!!!
What’s that second one? In the first lot.
Cheers Seeds. All very vibrant. That one is called running postman, Kennedia prostrata.
Actually what about the one below that looks a bit like a frangipani
That I'm not so sure. Will need Alfred for that one. Was prolific. Small flowers, about 2cm tip to tip.
Correction.
Daviesia arborea, golden pea.
Blacker. Hi mate, hope you and your lovely are having a wonderful time.
From the top.
Hakea, Kennedia , Pultenaea, Daviesia, Daviesia, Drosera, Epacris, Hibbertia, Tetratheca & Epacris, Othrosanthus, Daviesia.
Nice photos. All the best. AW
Monarch butterlies love that milkweed.
Goats don't.
Goats are a lot more picky than people realise and able to avoid or reduce intake of toxic compounds (of which milkweed is full of).
Lots of common paddock weeds are very toxic to livestock.
“ Goats are a lot more picky than people realise and able to avoid or reduce intake of toxic compounds “ ;)
^ true, and it’s often about the product $
Freeride76. Hi mate .
Spot on , Milkweed species , the latex (white sap) can lead to cardiac arrest in mammals.
Flowers on the other hand, well, butterflies are junkies on them. AW
JellyFlater. Hi mate.
Well the surfing goat , KS is also dabbling in the world of hallucinogenic plants if he’s fond of chia.
Chia is actually a species of Salvia.
Salvia hispanica.
Many Salvias are on the toxic register to the mind. High as a kite stuff. AW
- well, figures …he was a proud boy too after ay who ask ha
;)
Cheers AW, having a grand old time. Cape Couedic at sunset was pretty spectacular. Thanks for confirming the heathland flora. Was pleased to notice the Drosera, easily missed. Even better to see them hunting successfully.
Blackers. Good stuff.
If those red rosettes belonging to the genus Drosera, are prostrate and have no aerial parts, then it’s most likely Drosera aberrans ( old name Drosera whittakeri ssp. aberrans) .
It has a flower (being an angiosperm) that’s white, prostrate about 20-25mm in diameter held down near the rosettes and fragrant.
Ants beware !!! AW
Edit. Currently in Byron, we have Humpback Whales, three females all with a calf , six in total out just from the Pass and east of Julian Rocks.
Two were very close when I surfed earlier, swell is rising very slow, meant to get way bigger.
@seeds is there something you’re not telling us ?
Haha 2 signs in one week.
Is that on Rote?
Unbolt it and bring it home
Yes on rote . https://seedresort.com/home/
Looks nice. Very comfortable.
Like this?

Glad you are getting some. Nice to see the whales as well. Did the snake lagoon walk today. Nice.
cracker day for it @blackers.. any snakes?
Blackers, Hi. They may be flowers that are finishing, they look tattered and torn they may be something else.
Here’s a photo I’ve downloaded (rarely do) of D. aberrans flower.
https://www.tuberous-drosera.net/aberrans/TUB128_3.jpg
What was ankle high this morning is now clean 4ft main beach peaks, Wreck had great waves, peaks all the way to Clarkes. Swell is still building, just had a three hour session .
Whales still lingering with their calves.
Glad you did Snake Lagoon.
Keep on keeping on.
Sadly I’ve got to turn the vehicle towards home after a morning surf tomorrow. Stopping in some rural town to watch the AFL Grand Final, home in Victoria Sunday night.
I’ve had a ball.
May you and your partner keep enjoying yours, we will all be vicariously enjoying your trip via your trials and photos . AW
Supa. Hi.
Talk about ‘sowing your seeds’ far and wide.
Our Seeds must be a very fecund fellow. Keep well.
Supa. You’ll know what this is in this photo. I took it in Coolum in a coastal park just behind the primary dune scrub and sandy beach.
There was at least 12 flying around.
I remember you once telling me a certain bird observation on your golf course gig.
I looked at them and thought, give up, it’s never going to work in that location.AW
No snakes but saw this fecker and some more of his smaller mates.

Lovely walk, thanks for the recommendation.
fwooaar! Go, Anna Rosenberg!
reckon all reptiles will be skinny and hungry this spring.
Heath Goana
Edit ^ good one b6
cheers for the Noosa book, @seeds! magnificent, just picked it up!
I’m glad you finally got it. Great photos.
Bit of a dump, sorry, it has been a busy day.










magic @blackers, so glad you've had great days after rain, that last one made me exhale deep after a long day.
The Dish. ( rudely with its back to me)
CSIRO Radio Telescope ( yep, a telescope that looks for radio waves young and very ,very old)
I get a warm and fuzzy feeling everytime I see this apparatus, knowing that back at the time of the Apollo Moon landing, the first oral message from that motley crue on the lunar surface was received here at Parkes first, before being transmitted to Florida.
I like to think that this telescope in a way, is a conduit to the cosmos, forming some
kind of connection to life, earlier ‘ life as we know it’, Jim.
From Guru Bob, here in the Temple at Parkes, think about it.
Thanks guru bob. Some more from the last coupla days. Pic 3 AW? Big plant, almost eucalypt like leaves.





Reptiley
3rd last and last!
Beautiful flowers!!