More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Cheers mate. Enjoy Adelaide.
Polygala, meh!!. AW
meh, indeed! totally malignant bushes, surround a host's root system, kill it, feed within its micro shelter, and annihilate any and all biodiversity..
Basesix. Hi mate. In the big apple, how’s the weather there ?
Yes, it’s a real widespread pest on the Mornington Peninsula, not so much on the Surf Coast, some isolated areas have a fair bit, then you see a few here and there, I pull them out immediately .
If everyone pulled them out when they see them, we could possibly halt the spread.
Boneseed, I do the same. AW
I used to rip things out, from the empty blocks, that I'd heard were bad, between bike rides and cubby building and stuff. If kids still did outdoors, totally, arm them with the ripping out thing, my kids are outdoor-ish, did my best, but they didn't really get vibed on pulling polygala on the weekend. the youth today. hahahahha. ah well, I'm just gonna give up and let ferknards, polygala, meglamonolons, and smurfs gently take over. and sit and smile at how we are all casually spinnin silently in a void. I think we all do our best.. ferknards included. (meglamonolons are easier to take if you just go limp).
^ obviously metaphorical homo inventions, AW, people are strange, varied, and to be tolerated in their weirdness.. no particular threads or characters in mind.. wonderful stuff on the photos thread @Craig! I felt every moment of those clips, thankfully could see them on SN without insta, brilliant mate, what a joy..
unreal here @blackers, same temperature as brissy and the goldy, but minus the cloud cover. happy spring, SN. leave the grumps behind. get wet, go for a walk, drive, stick some tunes on, bloody good this not-being-dead lark.
Is this the weird crazy thread ?
@Basesix
Hi there
But how’s the ocean temperature there,
I think I noticed it dropped off South of Kangaroo Island or somewhere?
Adelaide's always ok @J-L, like scotland and north UK, has warm water streams, but where I normally am, where @blackers has just been, is bone-numbing.. some of those maps @Craig has posted about the ocean heatwave (all reds and yellows) around my 'home base' has been blue as blue can be! I went to a Tim Flannery thing at Womad a few years ago, where Tim said those cold water canyons off KI, could be used to cultivate vast kelp forests to suck CO2 out of the atomosphere.. have always wanted to ask someone like @AW what they think of that.. as soon as we do a thing, my assumption is we'll fk something else?
Yes, quite chilly still
Yes I lived on Yorkes for a while and Port Lincoln, ocean temp didn’t seem too bad from memory , maybe the water getting heated up in the Gulfs .
Definitely felt a drop on the Robe coast.
On the positive side, it probably reduces the crowds , and 4/5 ml steamer wetsuits keep you a lot fitter than, us lazy northerners.
Juliang. Yeah , it is now you’ve made an appearance.
Hi. Hope you’re well.
I’ve spotted your name on this thread, my heart rate immediately increased.
I’m going to be honest with you, your performance on another thread is bordering on sleep inducement. That’s your opinions, fine.
I ask you kindly to not corrupt this thread with a mouth diarrhoea monotone.
This is 99% a biological thread inter dispersed with fast paced changes in mood that in reality refreshes the content and conversation and makes a quick u turn back to the topic at hand, please let’s keep it that way. Without prejudice and malice. All the best. AW
Basesix. Hi mate, in essence, Tim Flannery is right, the three algal groups, Red, Brown and Green can and already to that job, but I concur with your comment, messing with kelp forests and their associated ecologies in my opinion is fraught with danger.
From memory Southern Australia has 70% of the worlds kelp forests, they are a national treasure.
One of our biggest concerns at present is the destruction of phytoplankton as a result of warming water and especially its trans global circulation that reaches the poles, in particular Antarctic Bottom Water. AW
I thought it was the weird strange thread , sorry about that sir , my mistake
So is this the thread where you can mention climate change .?
You never make it clear what actually offends
you, Just an insult then an all the best, wish .
I get the Cure video is offensive and out of place , but so has some of your past insults,
Oh and then you change your mind.
When did I suggest you were offending me, I’m clearly informing you of the gist of this thread, again, contribute with discussion related to it.
Surely you must know or observe the world around you, then again, maybe you don’t.
Botany Nerds Ahoy is as I’ve mentioned is an all encompassing biological thread, of course we talk weather, it’s related to the biological world.
There are a couple of threads in existence, Climate, Climate Change etc.
Check them out under the heading Forums, they are in one of the two sets Wax On & Wax Off, in your case Climate, you’ll find that in Wax Off.
Please no TRUMPet blowing . All the best. AW
Well actually a month diarrhoea monotone ,
accusation is actually offensive,
A bit disingenuous to say that
Then wish someone all the best
Well you’re easily offended then.
Go back to the Trump thread and read all your posts, my opinion is it’s monotonous.
As you’ve said before if you don’t like it , don’t follow it, so I don’t.
I/we simply don’t want the same on this thread, I’m not having a crack at you, merely suggesting different threads exist for different discussions , you’ve already plonked the Trump Album you play on repeat across two threads not wanting that stuff. It can’t be any clearer.
Beware of the StuHammer. AW
Let's get back on track. Here's one I missed from KI Alfred.

Glad you’re still talking about, varying ocean temperatures and KI
Which I introduced into the conversation.
Erm, no. Stay in lane.
Blackers. Hi. Home safely?
Beautiful photo I must say, sadly it’s an introduced pest, one of the Asphodels.
Asphodelus fistulosus. AW
Edit. To an untrained eye, it looks very similar to two common native plants Burchardia umbellata Milkmaids and Wurmbea dioicia Early Nancy which are both outstanding plants heralding Spring.
All 3 plants mentioned here are Lilies.
In your photo you can see a standard Lily floral formula. Look closely, the Perianth (which is the sum total of sepals and petals in this case. 6 ) It is called 3+3. You can see 3 sepals the outer whorl and inner whorl 3 petals. Written as Perianth 3+3.
It’s a great clue to identification.
Juliang. Hi mate.
Grab ya phone , camera whatever, take some snaps of something, we know very little about your loves.
Surely you see birds, mammals, amphibians, plants, invertebrates. etc.
Love you to get involved, we are all learners. AW
Yeah I haven’t worked out how to post my own photos and videos yet,
I’ll have to ask my nerd IT brother again.
Can anyone give some advice on how to upload photos? I've tried that https://imgbb.com with no success.
Maybe give us some steps on how to do it eg Step 1 ......, Step 2...... etc etc
Thanks
Hiya. Go back to the bottom of page 1 of this thread for a walk through of the process.
or type "how to upload photos swellnet" into your google machine @saurus & @juliang, there's lots who have asked, and lots of advice, maybe different things work for different people..
Blackers. Hi.
Continuing on with the theme of plants in the Asphodelaceae family, here are some photos I took today of a few, one of my all time favourite grassland plants.
You can clearly you the similarities , this is Bulbine bulbosa Leek Lily, found in all states except WA & NT.
Important food plant used by aboriginal people. It produces a very nutritious and sweet corm. The flowers are fragrant and it sets good amounts of seed. AW
Seeds. Hi pal.
I know you like disused train lines and the flora it can offer up.
Here’s a little reminder of your early days of horticultural interests, one of your favourites.
Foeniculum vulgare Fennel.
I’m sure you can smell it from way up there.
P.S. I came of the Bruce Hwy, Pomona exit a few days ago, drove straight past your road, I must say, you live in a beautiful area, the drive down to Noosa through your quaint little village was such a delight. Quaint little places everywhere I looked. AW
Creeping Monkey Flower.
Thyridia repens. ( previously known as Mimulus repens ) the species name repens means prostrate and or creeping.
Found in damp to wet low lying regions at the interfaces of salt marshes and fresh water or on the edge of freshwater lakes, swamps etc. usually in damp silty media. It’s stoloniferous. AW
Myoporum petiolatum Sticky Boobialla. ( Scrophulariaceae family, used to be classified in Myoporaceae)
Two Harlequin/Crusader Bugs in ‘loving’ non bacterial conjugation.
Hi AW
Pootown, as the old school locals like to call it, has a certain charm and is in a lovely natural setting.
It has an underlying old school local bogan fuckwitness about it also.
Yes, I could see that, Jack Daniel’s and Coke, , get on ya trail bike , rip up a bit of bush, kill your own pigs or shoot a marsupial, skin it yourself type of stuff.
Alas, I’ve seen worse places.
It was nice to see where you live, I fully understand why you relocated. AW
Good onya for swinging through for a gander. Shame I wasn’t around to catch up with you.
Hi there
I’ve just received in my latest package
Lemongrass native tea
Round leaf mint tea ,
Honey Myrtle tea,
Emu bush tea.
Gumby Gumby tea
and cinnamon Myrtle tea
All native I think I’ve tried some of them, all quite good but, as usual, too many teas and not enough time,
Exiting stuff!
Did a little bit of wee come out when they arrived?
Yeah you’re nothing but a Brisso
;)
Spot on!
Well Cinnamon Myrtle does contain
Elemicin , which is structurally analogous ,
to mescaline, the psychoactive compound in the Peyote cactus , and is used as a
precursor, in the synthesis of mescaline ,
Which has similarities to LSD and psilocybin
apparently .
Probably makes a cute photo too
Juliang. Hi.
Good to see you are up and about with a bit of plant talk. Nice
Native Lemon grass is a species of Cymbopogon, central Australia, SA ,QLD. those dry areas.
Round Leaf mint tea I’m guessing is a species of Prosthanthera
Honey Myrtle I’m assuming is from Melaleuca armillaris.
Emu bush tea from a species of Eremophila
Gumby Gumby tree, excellent plant, I planted loads of them in dry gardens I built in the early 90s.
Back then it was known as Pittosporum phylliraeoides, today its P.angustifolium
Your reference to mescal being from Peyote Cactus is partly correct, the compound is also found in a large number of other cactus species.
I now fully understand your roller coaster sleep patterns, it’s all those varying chemical compounds you ingest and they all haven’t different effects. Good stuff, keep contributing. AW
@ AW
Yes that’s just the Australian plants
Yes mescaline is in other cacti
San Pedro ,Peruvian torch etc , which are actually legal and can buy online
But Peyote is illegal, so maybe it has a higher concentration of mescaline.
My sleep pattern is good, sometimes I wake up with saw muscles from surfing or gym, and use different herbs , to alleviate and also
Use different sedative herbs, and
Oneirogenic herbs.
But maybe the day time herbs give me too much energy?
Hello Juliang
Oh my stars , you are like an AW Druid Herbalist !
You might even match Adam 12's knowledge of International Chemical con concoctions and their pros and cons .
I have no idea but would suggest not too much Gumby Gumby T after tea .
@popdown
No I haven’t got around to trying Gumby Gumby yet.
Why what is the issue with it ?
I always start off with a small dose to see its effects.
Most herbs online have minimal issues
but there’s plenty of sites to google them for side effects , as some of them can have problems.
Natural herbs are usually going to be better than chemicals, pharmaceuticals,
And I’ve found herb teas much better than the pills you get in chemist warehouse.
No I don’t limit myself to Druid herbs.
which aren’t Australian
Juliang
I’ve a Peyote here at home as well as opium and everything else.
I dare not get serious with them, before you know it, you’ll be being decomposed by microbes right on the very spot you fall.
Proceed with caution, those highly powered alkaloidals are lethal, but fun. AW
Hey Jules
As you and Alfred would know , there are six varieties of Pittosporum Phylliraeoid native to Australia .
All produce lovely orange fruit that if eaten , sends people Ga Ga , apparently .
The First Nation used one variety for medicine , the Gambi Gambi variety they called it .
If you use the Gambi Gambi in moderation , you will be fine imho !
@AW
Yes I don’t try anything too heavy,
But just note the similarities between mescaline and elemicin , which does have an effect but relatively milder .
Also the Aborigines have been using these herbs for thousands of years, so they must have something going for them.
I also don’t like sedatives like opium too much, rather have a stimulant or a mix of both.
And I don’t look for herbs or mushrooms in the wild , because I don’t know what I’m looking at.
Thanks pop down
I’ll get around to trying it one day.
It’s also good to support the local herbs, often grown by Aborigines
Great work Jules , you have the herbs well covered it seams .
Don't bother looking for mushrooms , I didn't even know what I was looking or at , after finding and eating the little devils .
Juliang. Gumby Gumby has been used by them for eons ( great for putting you into calm sleep) as well as Pituri , a stimulant, (Duboisia myoporoides and a couple of other species from memory)and a thousand more.
We , our society are fools for not heeding their knowledge in that context.
See, I’ve got you up and about and talking about plants, may it continue. I’m an infectious kind of a prick, you’ll love it. AW