More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
If I could I'd post a classic surf film every Friday night aus time.
First up .....Mad Wax !
"Surf into summer"next fri please!
You're in Hawaii Lanky- have to be 'The Performers'.
No this week is mad wax !
You can go anywhere!
Bumping this tread back to the top .
Lanky Hawaiian Trivia
Returns tomorrow!
I still owe base6 a prize
So only questions with Hawaiian relevance?
Yes stu, only da kine
HAWAII
Chiemsee. Goddamn Bavarian windsurfer kooks, haha!
Fucken Lanky...
Asked me to post that pic as part of his Lanky's Hawaiian Trivia. So I did, three hours ago, and he's gone to a luau or something. Heard nothing since.
Could maybe play the game in reverse: Anyone know the answer to the question he was going to ask?
hahah.. this thread is the best.. so hawaiian.
Is it the board Greg Brady was riding when he wore an unlucky tiki?
OK, just realised Greg Brady wasn't a goofy and he wasn't much chop at tow-surfing either, so I'm saying it's the first board Lopez himself used at Atom Blaster nee Jaws nee Peahi.
Whenever you're ready Lanky...take your time, mate.
Oh the suspense....
I'd say it's Gerry's personal board. Its history - no idea.
Pipe master trophy?
Who's board is this ?
What Film was it featured in ?
Bahahahaha
Lopez or McCabe
Feral Paradise
Or just Lopez
Turn back the time
Bump
Rory Russell
Summer Stories or Red Hot Blue
And back to actual suggestions..
No idea
Something late 90’s to mid 2000’s.
& some background on the original camo sprays
Lance burkharts pipe gun in North Shore?
Haha! No Respek
It's gotta have been ridden by Lopez, it's one of his shapes and he was also sponsored by Chiemsee for many years.
So I'm also saying Lopez board ridden by him in North Shore. I reckon the tow straps were retrofitted onto it.
I have a trivia question….What did Brad “ piggy “ Farmer beat a lot of Hawaiians in during the ASP years.
Dig deeper stu
Either retrofitted or just a very early tow board. They were a lot longer (and arguably still should be?).
Yes, it's gerry perso,
What Film people ?
Island bay scored first question
Along with teary
Stu !
You calling me a shoulder-hopper?
OK, starred in Baywatch: Forbidden Paradise.
ES2
I need the whole name island bay
Endless Summer 2
Or maybe he was just talking about towing in that.
Congrats to island bay
Winner on both
Gerry board featured in surf film
Endless summer 2
I'm truly humbled at winning this prestigious competition.
Bump
New trivia question today, if stu posts photo
Here you go Lanky:
Sunset ? I will take a wild guess and say Brock Little .
I was thinking Barry Kanaipauni (?) at sunset.
Immediately think of the Duke contests at Sunset that were covered by ABC Sport and filmed in part by helicopter.
Except the surfer doesn't have a vest on.
The helicopter would date it to, I think, early-70s. Same goes for what I can see of the board.
Hawaiian style surfing, except for the deep squat. Rules out surfers like BK. Too heavily built for James Jones.
Gonna say Clyde.
A better guess than mine old dog , looks to be to big a guy to be Brock
Yep, I thought BK would be a bit too obvious, although he used to do that ugly squat thing and have red boards and shorts.
My first thought was Larry Bertlemann.