More from The Shaping Bay
pinkadink.papali
said:
Does anyone know if John Gillis of John Gillis Surfboards can still be contacted.
John Gillis (CET) Surfboards
0
mowgli
said:
Anyone actually seen any quantification of it's supposed eco-bona fides?
Am considering a new twinny.
Flax instead of fibreglass
0
Jeezus - 8'0 D.S. @ 75 Litres - $450
https://www.gumtree.com.au/web/listing/surfing/1329723466
A lot of volume for an 8'
When an OX rides a board, it needs some meat.75 litres is the volume of my 9/6 Padillac
I like volume as much as the next guy but 3 3/4 inches might be pushing the limits.
Its only an 1/8 above my desertStorm and Padillac, my BIG FLOATER "mal" is 4 and 1/4 at 106 litres.knee paddle specialist...Ya get used to whatever is underneath you.
4 1/4
7 years old, almost, and she's had a good week. New wax job and some minor ding repairs. Here's to another 7, old chook!
Held up nicely IB
Several hundred surfs under its belt, most of them at very rocky spots. Incredible glass job.
And if this Southern Ocean low ends up looking anything like this, we'll get a whopping long-period groundy. Please!
(:))
https://www.bennettsurf.com/products/7-webster-desert-twin?srsltid=AfmB…
That’s a very fair price , fins included makes it a bargain .
Dinnae last long, sold.
Older 6'10 D.S. $200
https://www.facebook.com/share/1Ff3RemTfz/
Bargain, fins included makes it a super bargain , they look like large legacy neutral , good all round fins .
6'2" DS - 38 L- $500
https://www.facebook.com/share/1GVEHrxMcb/
8'6" Same Seller ^ $700
https://www.facebook.com/share/1BNiDvhYC9/
8'6" Price Drop to $600
https://www.facebook.com/share/1LnW8cxLfn/
^
Down another 50
$550.
8'0 DS - 75 litres
$400
https://www.facebook.com/share/14DkQr7b7m8/
I’d buy it but dimensions are a bit too slim.
Wow. Chunky girl!
Built for a Big Unit the OX
Any feedback on how the desert twin rides, how the design compares to the desert storm?
Cheers
Caml did you ever get any Feedback from Ryan Watts on his 8'0 Desert Twin ?
Just had a similar experience - again :-)
Not 10ft Cloudy, but strong 4-6ft Outsides with three rogue bomb sets - all of which I managed to snag, thanks to my trusty old 6'10 DS. 7 years old now, so I may need to go and see Webby about a replacement.
~ Now $350 ~
That’s a positive review if I’ve ever heard one, from both you guys.
6'6" DS - 43 Litres
https://www.facebook.com/share/1BgoSoVDHa/
8'4" DS
https://www.facebook.com/share/1J2zgzLat6/
The Udo fin setup :-)
Perfect in glassy 2ft beach break today
I like!
Somehow makes a super heavy 8'6 fun in small waves. Really fun!
twins?
Yep. Christenson uprights (old Captain Fin, but I think the new Futures are the same).
Does it feel almost like finless but with enough hold to to big, drawn out cutbacks etc? I felt similar with upright twins on my 7'4".
Never tried finless, Craig.
It just feels normal, but fast and loose. So much rail that less fin doesn't bother it. And I could do reasonable roundhouse cutties.
How about Trying only using the Rear Boxes with 2 Small Quads In them ...
God Speed Style.
I tried britt merrick twins on 7’6 DS ( the fat version ) in 3-4 ft junky snapper/rainbow , couldn’t really find much difference riding as a quad in same waves .
Hah, I reckon that would be very loose. But worth a go one day.
Here's Rusty's fin placement on a twinnie gun for Jamie Sterling. Doesn't look that different from what I'm running - would love to know the numbers
Let me rephrase the above: I reckon it would have very little hold, and be oddly stiff. But it got me thinking, so I'll try it soon.
Even the Rears from a Split Keel Quad Set...Who Knows what may Work .
.........yeh nah,starting to segway into a perverse Duo-type design...why not a Ben Llexcen starfin in each front box. Rad!
6'10 DS $400 - Byron
https://www.facebook.com/share/1K5evgiacD/
~This D.S. Thread is now 10 Years Old ~
Makes the DS a stone cold evergreen. Up there with Pyzel Ghost, CI OG Flyer, JS Monsta etc etc
"Surfboard Webster Desert Storm 6 10 step up (or use as mid length) - Surfing in Tugun QLD | Gumtree Australia" https://www.gumtree.com.au/web/listing/surfing/1335451687
Make it a DuoS :-)
God Speed Duo Stormette
I've ordered a 7'0 Desert Storm, thinking about Pyzel Padillac quad fins.
Any feedback on how they go?
Thanks
Lot of info in the comments here, Baldy.
https://www.swellnet.com/news/design-outline/2018/04/30/champagne-glass…