toe to toe

Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 03:02 pm new

Ive been following these forums for a while and have done much reading of the great uplift, the first 3 sentences of his posts anyway, after that it turns to gibberish.
Tread carefully here Southey, at first I thought grogon was off with the fairy's thinking the turkey was uplift, but I now realize he could be right, Uplift is using Valium to mask his identity.

blindboy Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 04:09 pm new

....dangerous assumption turkey!

southey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 04:25 pm new

Quote :
Ive been following these forums for a while and have done much reading of the great uplift, the first 3 sentences of his posts anyway, after that it turns to gibberish.
Tread carefully here Southey, at first I thought grogon was off with the fairy's thinking the turkey was uplift, but I now realize he could be right, Uplift is using Valium to mask his identity."

okay Shaun .

Turkey .

I spoke about how i had spent some time on multiple month long trips to and through the far west coast . i admitted that on my first trip as a youngin ( id' only been surfing for 3-4 years ) that i didn't take on Blacks . But had studied for a return . On return trips and after discovering other regions i still hadn't surfed it even though i was competant enough . There are varying factors of each time why not , but i won't turn this into a biblesque uppy post . i then got court up in a four way bitch fight over how blacks although heavy was not the holy grail , and infact didn't hold much size ..... this started uppy on a hell bent attempt to tell everyone and anyone how his spot which he ruled with iron quads and bolt strait legs whenever it was under 4ft . i did the right thing and not endulge others to greener pastures in solid surf . SO now i'm blessed with the chicken soufle title , of which i hear on the grape vine is one bestowed onto people who stick to the truth no matter how it hurt their cause ......
Lest just say that Uppy will never be invited to these award ceremonies as his sheer self belief in all conquering strength over flexibilty will not let him bend his mind to such strengths as humility .
see i'm bored already regaling you.

southey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 04:21 pm new

blindboy wrote:

....dangerous assumption turkey!

thats alright blindboy , i thought you were first Steve Cooney ( until you interviewed yourself ??) , then Phil Abrahams until he departed recently RIP . now i just think everyone including myself is BR and we are all entwined in a surf Matrix of sorts . Caml is Neo ........ ;-)

talkingturkey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 04:26 pm new

Hakō! I'm intrigued. What does your moniker mean? Is it Japanese? Got something to do with carrying a little dog's shit in a special box or something?

I concur somewhat with yourself about some of the excesses of Uplift's comments and their subsequent obsessive illegibility, Then again, some of 'em nailed his 'opponents' to the wall. Often walls of their own making. Still reeling too by the looks of it.

Maybe if he was still around, he'd start on me for something. Who knows. Depends what you put out there?

southey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 04:40 pm new

turkey , don't try and take kudos for knowing our japanese dog lovers former self . thats uppy territory .
the day i see turkey lift himself into a Tyler Durdin fight is the day i'll quit assuming others identities .

talkingturkey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 04:46 pm new

Huh??

turnip Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 05:31 pm new

uplifts got major self image problems. he uses putting down others to boost himself because he's feeling very inadequate.

most likely caused by some parental screwup such as not enough attention whilst potting training.

Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 05:52 pm new

talkingturkey wrote:

Hakō! I'm intrigued. What does your moniker mean? Is it Japanese? Got something to do with carrying a little dog's shit in a special box or something?

I concur somewhat with yourself about some of the excesses of Uplift's comments and their subsequent obsessive illegibility, Then again, some of 'em nailed his 'opponents' to the wall. Often walls of their own making. Still reeling too by the looks of it.

Maybe if he was still around, he'd start on me for something. Who knows. Depends what you put out there?

Nothing mysterious about my moniker but it did get messed up in translation.
Are you southey then T for turkey?

stunet Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 06:16 pm new

southey wrote:
blindboy wrote:

....dangerous assumption turkey!

thats alright blindboy , i thought you were first Steve Cooney ( until you interviewed yourself ??) , then Phil Abrahams until he departed recently RIP . now i just think everyone including myself is BR and we are all entwined in a surf Matrix of sorts . Caml is Neo ........ ;-)

BB is the shape shifter, I've had a few emails from people asking or even presuming (eh, Memla?) they know who he is.

Funny thing, this week I've been cataloguing old surf mags and filing them in my shed and I've been reading BB's old work and even admired a few of his old photos.

zenagain Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 06:26 pm new

I thought BB might have written for Surfing World 20-30 years ago? I really have no idea- he's an enigma and happy to leave it at that. I do enjoy his writing though and if i think he is who he is, I enjoyed the writing way back then as I do now.

lostdoggy Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 06:28 pm new

stunet wrote:

southey wrote:
blindboy wrote:

....dangerous assumption turkey!

thats alright blindboy , i thought you were first Steve Cooney ( until you interviewed yourself ??) , then Phil Abrahams until he departed recently RIP . now i just think everyone including myself is BR and we are all entwined in a surf Matrix of sorts . Caml is Neo ........ ;-)

BB is the shape shifter, I've had a few emails from people asking or even presuming (eh, Memla?) they know who he is.

Funny thing, this week I've been cataloguing old surf mags and filing them in my shed and I've been reading BB's old work and even admired a few of his old photos.

I don't know if you're throwing us clues or trying to send us off track now.

stunet Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 06:30 pm new

lostdoggy wrote:
stunet wrote:

southey wrote:
blindboy wrote:

....dangerous assumption turkey!

thats alright blindboy , i thought you were first Steve Cooney ( until you interviewed yourself ??) , then Phil Abrahams until he departed recently RIP . now i just think everyone including myself is BR and we are all entwined in a surf Matrix of sorts . Caml is Neo ........ ;-)

BB is the shape shifter, I've had a few emails from people asking or even presuming (eh, Memla?) they know who he is.

Funny thing, this week I've been cataloguing old surf mags and filing them in my shed and I've been reading BB's old work and even admired a few of his old photos.

I don't know if you're throwing us clues or trying to send us off track now.

What I'm doing is drinking and typing and I should really stop.

The typing, that is.

Blowin Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 06:51 pm new

I thought for a while that BB was Terry Day.

Except Terry Day would have dropped Shaun Thompson like a sack of shit.

Ditto on the typing thing.

PS. Stu - just had a look at the Thiroul surf cam.

Drinking does appear to be a far better option on this Friday afternoon.

Get crazy.

PPS - Surf reports ......,Anyone get a surf in today ?

Fill me in if you please ...

simba Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 06:51 pm new

Took me a while to figure out who BB is and my lips are sealed ....for a price........na im not telling.........well maybe na.......lets just say he tells a good story...........

talkingturkey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 06:56 pm new

Jeez, who's who in this zoo or what?? Who's BR? Am I Southey or Uplift? Or both? Blindboy?! Isn't his real name Robin (get it, get it?) or is his real last name Blanks? Hako is...? I dunno but Southey does....apparently. But then, I'm Southey...or Uplift...apparently. Grogan is a word for shit...& Wordy? Stunts! Stunts!

Anyway, we all know Blowie is SurferFuk. Phew! Thank fuk for that.

Now can the real Sheeeeeeeepdog please stand up? Or is it Tones 'Klaus' Barbie?

Come on down...............

talkingturkey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 07:00 pm new

southey wrote:

Quote :

Ive been following these forums for a while and have done much reading of the great uplift, the first 3 sentences of his posts anyway, after that it turns to gibberish.

Tread carefully here Southey, at first I thought grogon was off with the fairy's thinking the turkey was uplift, but I now realize he could be right, Uplift is using Valium to mask his identity."

okay Shaun .

Turkey .

I spoke about how i had spent some time on multiple month long trips to and through the far west coast . i admitted that on my first trip as a youngin ( id' only been surfing for 3-4 years ) that i didn't take on Blacks . But had studied for a return . On return trips and after discovering other regions i still hadn't surfed it even though i was competant enough . There are varying factors of each time why not , but i won't turn this into a biblesque uppy post . i then got court up in a four way bitch fight over how blacks although heavy was not the holy grail , and infact didn't hold much size ..... this started uppy on a hell bent attempt to tell everyone and anyone how his spot which he ruled with iron quads and bolt strait legs whenever it was under 4ft . i did the right thing and not endulge others to greener pastures in solid surf . SO now i'm blessed with the chicken soufle title , of which i hear on the grape vine is one bestowed onto people who stick to the truth no matter how it hurt their cause ......

Lest just say that Uppy will never be invited to these award ceremonies as his sheer self belief in all conquering strength over flexibilty will not let him bend his mind to such strengths as humility .

see i'm bored already regaling you.

So.........you've never surfed Blacks?

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 07:09 pm new

BR

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="

frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It rots from the mouth.

stunet Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 07:17 pm new

Blowin wrote:

I thought for a while that BB was Terry Day. Except Terry Day would have dropped Shaun Thompson like a sack of shit. Ditto on the typing thing. PS. Stu - just had a look at the Thiroul surf cam. Drinking does appear to be a far better option on this Friday afternoon. Get crazy. PPS - Surf reports ......,Anyone get a surf in today ? Fill me in if you please ...

No waves today but this time last week I surfed Seal Rocks Point pretty damn good. Great shape but pulling up a bit short, as Seals is won't to do, but that's cool cos I got my elongation on at Crescent earlier in the day.

Edit: When I first read Blowin's story above I thought '1972' was Seal Rocks: mellow wave, historical throwback, easy jump to the inside position, has it all except the "long walk up the beach".

Probably wouldn't wanna pick a blue with a Seals' local either....

talkingturkey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 07:41 pm new

Is Caml Neo? Who's Neo? Neo what? Who's Jeffreeeee Knight? I'm discombobulated. Beer o'clock.

Oh, and Shatnerd, you're BR, huh? Carry on.

Burp.

caml Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 08:32 pm new

Fuckwits

wellymon Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:07 pm new

Caml is Caml, he is who he is, a great surfer.

BB is BB, he is who he is, another great surfer also a great writer, pen pusher/thinker.

I know who BB is and he is cool as.......

Old school;)

wellymon Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:09 pm new

But who cares really fellas and fellis'es, this has nothing at all to do with this great thread, eh

:)............

Carry on comrades......

southey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:29 pm new

Turklift , I suggest you remove your post . Before your banned again !

As for SA , there's still plenty of time . And the more saturation that Rich keeps giving it then I better do it soon or it'll be Packed to the point that I won't want to .
Back to BB , I don't want to out him , I was entrigued so many legendary stories of Hawaii /Indo but waits till just recently to do SA and WA for the first time ?!? Very wise , but with so much so close I don't get it ?

mikehunt207 Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:35 pm new

Isnt Blindboy Derek Hynd?

silentp Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:42 pm new

and shorris has reincarnated into talkinturkey.......? knew he couldnt help himself crafty fellow

clif Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:44 pm new

BB is Stunet who is Thermalben who is Derek Hynd who is Uplift who is Caml who is Blowin who is Craig who is Zenagain who is drunk.

lostdoggy Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:46 pm new

mikehunt207 wrote:

Isnt Blindboy Derek Hynd?

The BB I know stays away from longboards ;)

zenagain Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:51 pm new

And I don't drink.

mikehunt207 Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:59 pm new

what about fins?does he stay away from fins? never quite understood that one. Writes well, seem to remember naranbeen (not sure how to spell it) references and also who he knows not to mention being blind boy as one eyed , obvious no?

caml Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 02:23 am new

Its not , although northern beaches is the area

Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 06:17 am new

clif wrote:

BB is Stunet who is Thermalben who is Derek Hynd who is Uplift who is Caml who is Blowin who is Craig who is Zenagain who is drunk.

I'll drink to that!

evosurfer Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 09:07 am new

Great story but I want to know more about Johnny Boy being punched out.
Sorry Blowin I find that rather hard to believe.

Blowin Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 08:47 am new

Apparently Jodie Cooper laid him out when he came to Albany one time.

He hasn't been back since.

Purplepills Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 01:12 pm new

Koby had a few words to JBG in the toilet block at haleiwa and JBG woke koby up on the couch. Koby 1 JBG 0.

wellymon Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 01:15 pm new

A mate I know from working offshore with, Sharky from SC laid him out in a bar in Bali.
A Few years back, which was follow on from getting hassled at the pipe.
That's what happens when your not in your country with fellow bros to back you up eh!
Karma is great.
Haha nice work Sharky;)

blindboy Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 03:09 pm new

As I have said before there is no great secret to my identity and plenty of clues back there. The reason I don't want my name appearing has to do with my employment. Oh and happy to be confused with all the others mentioned.

caml Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 05:52 pm new

Off topic . & for those who post while at work etc need pseudonyms

caml Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 03:18 pm new

Purplepills wrote:

Koby had a few words to JBG in the toilet block at haleiwa and JBG woke koby up on the couch. Koby 1 JBG 0.

Not quite pp

southey Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 03:30 pm new

I get it bb . You don't want your current employer " Murdoch " to realise that you are currently also working for Getup ?!?!
Back to topic though . Yeah since Uplift is not around then we can presume that it's : CS 1 uplift 0 .
Or some may argue that the Turkey is still being circled by the Chicken .
Come on Shaun , get off the bench and help me out here . Don't use the excuse that Morris is back in the wagon .......... again !
If I may indulge , why up until recently had you not head west ?

Blowin Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 03:52 pm new

Fuck I love surfing.

Anyone get any waves today ?

I just doubled down on yesterday's sick fun.

Oil slick glass, blue sky , crystal clear piss warm water, 3-5 feet of ruler edged walls with the odd sneaky cave to get a moments respite from the blazing sun.

Not uncrowded but plenty of waves for everyone.

Met a couple of cool crew, did some turns , some speed runs.

I'm giving it a solid 8 out of ten for old style good times .

Tomorrow looks similar on paper and the fingers are crossed but 3 in a row ? Can I be that lucky ?

PS. It ain't luck . I gave a leggie to a young Indo that snapped his a couple of days ago.

He thought I was being selfless .

Fat chance ..... Give me that good karma baby !

PPS. Seal rocks is beautiful Stu....one of those truly blessed stretches of Aussie coast.

But you're right, it ain't home to 1972.

You can't beat a bit of elongation.......

But thats not it either.

Closer though.

stunet Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 04:59 pm new

Scored a few pre-sunrise peelers in front of Joe Hockey's holiday house at Stanwell Park. Wasn't the best session; high tide put the pork on the fork and I also got tangled up in a beach fisherman's line. 'Twas enough drama for me, I drove for home with the sun barely a hand width above the horizon.

Bit later I took all my boys up the Sublime Point track. Only a kay or so walk but it's 400+metres elevation (read: steep as fuck). The three-year-old twins were freaking, especially on the ladders near the top, but an orange juice up at the lookout calmed their little nerves. Marvellous view over the Illawarra from up there. No surf but.

This arvo I'm continuing a long task: cataloguing old surf magazines in the shed. It's a job that goes well with beer. Later this evening I've got an interview with Peruvian legend and the only bloke who's succesfully ridden a tsunami, Felipe Pomar. 

Not much surfing but I'll vouch for the sentiment: surfing is fucken good.

Blowin Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 05:44 pm new

Sounds like a hell day.

Ticking all the boxes that's for sure, most people wouldn't do all that in a month .

You ever surf North of Hockey's , South of the Burning Palms ?

PS. Are you the sirfing equivalent of John Cusack from High Fidelity ?

Arranging your magazines into chronological order then rearranging them in descending order of impact on your life ?

I'm more of a favourite editor to least favourite editor arranger myself.

stunet Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 05:56 pm new

Yep, when the swell direction is right and my legs are up for it I'll surf north of Hockey's and south of Burning Palms. Glorious part of the world.

I saw a lot of myself in Cusack's character, at least when music meant something to me, which it doesn't really now. Surf magazines, however, are ordered like a German library. No fucking about. Each title stacked by volume in a Princeton file then arranged by date, earliest to latest.

talkingturkey Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 06:12 pm new

Surfing is sick. Anyway...

https://www.baliwaves.com/2016/03/wet-season-on-the-west-coast-4th-march…

"Ok just before I get into it with ya’s and bring us all up to date, I’m guessing you’ve already taken a tour through our photo gallery that was shot by Ketut at Canggu beach yesterday the 4th. Well I was pretty shocked by the stupidity of what went down in the surf and on the beach when I was editing the photos. I mean seeing a bearded tourist wanting to beat up a young local Balinese surfer in Bali. That my friend is a death wish as you may know by know.. Right, fair enough this guy got dropped in on, but that is no reason to want to beat up someone. It’s clear as a bell in the two photo’s showing who the aggressor (temporarily) is before other witnessing Indonesians came to help our young Balinese friend. And I do tell you if it wasn’t for our friend Mr Ajik Barrack (Laskar Bali) from Warung Barrack on the beach at Canggu intervening when he did it could have turned very ugly for this tourist trying to beat on a young Balinese.

I don’t want to know what it’s like at your beach or in your country ok. But when you come to surf in Bali you swallow your aggression and laugh if a local drops in on you, have a joke with him or her and you might make a friend and score the next wave. If you want to bring your country’s style of aggro to Bali well your better off going to the Super Bank or better still staying at home in your country. This is Bali and you are a tourist here, be cool stay happy and smile, don’t be a zombie. Especially at Canggu cause there is already enough aggro in the water from non Indonesian tourists."

Whaddyareckon?

Blowin Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 06:52 pm new

Stu

I'm a fucking pest that will rock up at your place and totally ignore you if there is a surf mag laying around .

It's safe to say that you'd need to burn the place down around me to get me away from your Princeton files.

The next door neighbor of my in laws has a huge stack of old mags ( mostly featuring him ) that I can't drag myself away from when we're on the turps. His commentary can be enlightening, but he mostly ceases to exist as those pages turn.....

Talking Turkey-

The guy sounds like the stupidest person that ever took a breath. Fight one Indo and you are fighting the Indonesian nation.

That's one thing I love , respect .....and hate about the Indos.

Their country - like it , lump it or leave.

You been getting any waves Turkey ?

PS - Who the fuck would choose to surf at Chunggu ?

You'd be so very not stoked if that was where Slim from Bali Waves took you.

rule303 Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 08:07 pm new

theblowin wrote:

The lesson i've learnt ? Don't humour some clown that wants to bring you down to their bitter level or, as a wise fella has told me since- Never get into a mud slinging match with a pig cause you both end up covered in shit- only the pig likes it.

I agree with the above as soon as you allow interaction with scumbags, suddenly your in their fucked up world. Neighbors are a classic point. Any other quotes along the same vain about the futility of associating with the mentally Fucktarded would be appreciated.

TOE TO TOE GREAT BAND....

simba Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 07:58 pm new

probably happens at the superbank on any given day theres swell

southey Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 09:37 pm new

rule303 wrote:

theblowin wrote:

The lesson i've learnt ? Don't humour some clown that wants to bring you down to their bitter level or, as a wise fella has told me since- Never get into a mud slinging match with a pig cause you both end up covered in shit- only the pig likes it.

I agree with the above as soon as you allow interaction with scumbags, suddenly your in their fucked up world. Neighbors are a classic point. Any other quotes along the same vain about the futility of associating with the mentally Fucktarded would be appreciated.

TOE TO TOE GREAT BAND....

Love that track of there's ... " Tear it Down "
I think it accompanied some good surfing on a surf film , ........ Bombie . Mindsnare was also on that sound track , can't remember the Vid .?

evosurfer Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 10:06 pm new

Turkey fucktard or what ever your name is who gives a flying fuck what happened
in shit town Bali,its lost its appeal over crowded filthy dirty full wantabees and
worst of all indo surfers who have zero idea of who put them on the map.
Too bad stu I tossed out all my mags from the 70s and 80s had heaps too
would of gladly given them to you.

Join the conversation Sign up for free OR Login