toe to toe

Blowin Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 10:52 pm new

Evo - The surf i was talking about today as I wrote above was in Bali.

And I shared it with a fella from Cronulla that was loving it.

Good surfer , nice bloke.

I asked him where Evosurfer was and he said that you were crying into your weetbix about how much better it had been in Bali in 1937.....now those were the days.

PS Most of the above is true.

The part about Evo may be fictional.

The part about the bloke from Cronulla ( name removed to protect the innocent and virtuous ) is not.

southey Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 11:27 pm new

Back to Canggu ....
Old mate dancing with Balo /perhaps Japanese ( he does look more , but I'm most probably mistaken ) anyway what's the odds that old mate is from Israel ? Didn't they just get the green light ??
Not sure that will last if that is the case , regardless if true aren't they in for a wake up call !!!

Blowin Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 11:40 pm new

Tell me it ain't so Southy !!!!??

talkingturkey Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 11:52 pm new

Jeez Evo, cool your jets, I'm not Indonesian. Go do a burn-out or something.

southey Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 11:52 pm new

You'd have to ask Indo dreaming , dandandan or do a search of the site ( there's a thread on Israel ie surfers ( or the thread gets hijacked to them ) being fucksticks in the Maldives .

talkingturkey Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 11:54 pm new

Israelis in Indo? Sweet baby Jesus.

southey Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 12:02 am new

Don't take my word for it ... I can't find where dan x3 wrote it . But I'll try and Google it outside of this site .

southey Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 12:07 am new

https://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2016/01/25/indonesias-israeli-… .
But it appears there is a loop whole for them esp. If they have dual passports . Apparently they can get a business visa ...... Whatever that means . ?!

mikehunt207 Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 12:26 am new

Hey Stunet see if you can get a shot of Felipe,s quiver, more beautiful Brewer (and others) guns unlikely to exist anywhere.
Israelis in Indo? Final nail in the coffin if its true. Loophole with dual passports has always been there .

southey Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 01:39 am new

Mike I think the article states that they recinded

Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 07:13 am new

southey wrote:

I get it bb . You don't want your current employer " Murdoch " to realise that you are currently also working for Getup ?!?!

Back to topic though . Yeah since Uplift is not around then we can presume that it's : CS 1 uplift 0 .

Or some may argue that the Turkey is still being circled by the Chicken .

Come on Shaun , get off the bench and help me out here . Don't use the excuse that Morris is back in the wagon .......... again !

If I may indulge , why up until recently had you not head west ?

Are you talking about The Shaun Morrison on the realsurf forum, bit of a legend that one. Took out the Tard of the year in his rookie year, upset some of the surfie types over there!

Purplepills Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:07 am new

caml wrote:

Purplepills wrote:

Koby had a few words to JBG in the toilet block at haleiwa and JBG woke koby up on the couch. Koby 1 JBG 0.

Not quite pp

Add to or correct Caml

caml Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:13 am new

Do u mean that koby won this fight pp ? I thought that it was kobys courage to actually try , but lose that earnt the kudos

evosurfer Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:42 am new

I'm a dope

evosurfer Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:43 am new

According to the person I know that was there it was the toilet block down from pipe.
Nobody really won or lost and was a awesome blue.
Anybody that takes on that gorilla is a hero in my eyes win or lose.
Anyway JB was always cool to me and made me take 2 of the biggest
waves Ive ever had at pipe. Pipe 1 me 1.
Turkey. Hoons do burnouts and that's not where I'm at.

talkingturkey Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:44 am new

What about Dooma? Didn't he take up a JBG dance invite once and then J-Boy reneged? Where's that in Warshaw's (US) history of the world?

And Southey what does the chicken scratching anxious circles round a turkey even mean?

Howzabout a turducken scenario? Who's the duck but? Wayne Carey?

Now THAT'S some nonsensical hoo-ha. Hang on, is that Niki Savva on Insiders? L8er sk8ers.

talkingturkey Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:48 am new

And Evo I've always found a bit of circle-work very relaxing. Well, afterwards.

Purplepills Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 11:03 am new

No winner or loser as it goes and JBG woke koby up to say no hard feelings. Mark it 1 to Koby did more for his rep and being in Hawaiian islands at the time some serious kahuna's.

Sick evo call in by JBG - ya have to go

That guy on Baliwave does look more like a Israelite than brazzo to me back to Sri Lanka.

talkingturkey Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 11:03 am new

clif wrote:

BB is Stunet who is Thermalben who is Derek Hynd who is Uplift who is Caml who is Blowin who is Craig who is Zenagain who is drunk.

Is Fred Pawle on here?

talkingturkey Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 11:18 am new

Crikey, Savva! Bet she's got a pair of Turnbull undies on. Shiver.

Anyhoo, isn't J-Boy incarcerated now? Fully safe to shit-talk then. Allied to the infamous Vicco island incident back in the glory daze when visiting Hawaiian bruddahs got bashed by dinky di Aussie patriots (thought they were 'abos'), didn't JBG get chased off a Queensland island in a sort of redux? Well, kind of a redux. Actually, not really. No racialist overtones. He was just being a cunt.

Off topic. Any special hair-of-the-dog cures out there? Beer daiquiri ain't cutting it.

mikehunt207 Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 11:33 am new

Story I heard about JB and koby was they went into the toilets down at Haleiwa to sort it out, pretty much even result no real winner blue but when they came out JB had blood on his face and the rumour mill went wild and still carries on 20 ys later

udo Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 11:55 am new

Perry Dane did the job properly on J Boy.

wally Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 12:59 pm new

I believe JBG is receiving treatment for bipolar disorder.

mikehunt207 Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 01:56 pm new

And Perry is doing time

mikehunt207 Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 01:57 pm new

.

wellymon Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 03:21 pm new

wally wrote:

I believe JBG is receiving treatment for bipolar disorder.

Don't all surfers have that disorder;)

Ash Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 04:06 pm new

Is GaryG really Tony Edwards? There's similarities to GG and the pig of steel.

Blowin Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 05:30 pm new

Any of you mongrel legends get a surf in today.

Did I , you ask ?

Well, yes I did.

Hit the hat trick.

3 days in a row of gold, gold , gold to this humble blowin.

The key word for today would be languorous .

The wind was as absent as the 10 day package tourist surfers and their bulimic at a banquet approach to the line up .

The staging of a local religious ceremony prevented the boat that usually ferries the gronks to and from the surf from running and consequently there was a mere 7 ( !!!) surfers stretched over the length of the kilometre long reef.

Who'd have thought that laziness was so prevalent amongst surfers ?

The windless conditions provided for the same oil slick texture as witnessed on the past couple of days and the 3-5 foot waves were a beautiful thing to behold, yet also testing as the heat ratcheted up to insufferable levels sending more than one person scurrying into the welcome arms of a shady warung and a cold Bintang.

The pestilential pseudo locals were also on a team bonding mission to the West coast , taking their uninspiring surfing , core strengthening SUP antics and explicit , though contradictory and often blatantly incorrect opinions on the workings of the several main sections of reef with them.

The silence was truly golden.

Carves were the order of the day. The powerful walls presenting nicely and three or four good hits was standard , tubes being a non starter on this fine March day.

As my arms gave way and I drifted over the reef into the lagoon a screeching sound from out the back caught my attention , I cast my eyes out to sea in time to bear witness to a late fifties, Pommy boogie boarder - the last man standing after the marathon session in the heat - fapping his way across an endless Indian Ocean wall , possibly the wave of his life, and screaming his lungs out with joy.

2016 !!! Who'd have thought it was still possible.

Rumours of Bali's demise are greatly exaggerated .

zenagain Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 05:21 pm new

I did. Waist to chest high 45 minute sesh, top to toe 5mm rubber with the light onshore teetering towards blowing out what was already rubbish surf to begin with. When it did arrive with a vengeance, I didn't seek the shade of a warung and a cold Bintang, I squirmed out of my suit, dumped the 5 litres of hot water I'd brought to the beach with me, drove home and straight into a bowl of lovingly prepared noodles from my beloved.

Did I mention the lack of crowd? Being a Sunday, overcast, freezing and shitty, there was a crew of 7 spread over a kilometre of a litter strewn wasteland all probably thinking the same thing- I got fucking cold for this!

Roll on summer.

talkingturkey Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 05:18 pm new

Blowie, any excuse to blow your own trumpet. Yeah, I body-surfed today. Again. Groundhog summer.

wellymon Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 05:33 pm new

zenagain wrote:

I did. Waist to chest high 45 minute sesh, top to toe 5mm rubber with the light onshore teetering towards blowing out what was already rubbish surf to begin with. When it did arrive with a vengeance, I didn't seek the shade of a warung and a cold Bintang, I squirmed out of my suit, dumped the 5 litres of hot water I'd brought to the beach with me, drove home and straight into a bowl of lovingly prepared noodles from my beloved.

Did I mention the lack of crowd? Being a Sunday, overcast, freezing and shitty, there was a crew of 7 spread over a kilometre of a litter strewn wasteland all probably thinking the same thing- I got fucking cold for this!

Roll on summer.

Zenmon,
Tuff cunt for sure;)
Blowin you're so soft and spoilt.......

Blowin Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 05:41 pm new

Every dog has his day Zen , and can I just say that the idea of hot noodles on a cold day excites me ?

True enough.

And how do you take 5 litres of hot water to the beach ?

I've probably told you this before regards surfing in cold water , but my mate in Tassie has to light a fire before he goes surfing in order to be able to heat his extremities enough to work his keys in the car door when he gets out.

Hard core.

Talking about hardcore ....when I got out of the water the fresh water shower wasn't working and I had to drink my Bintang covered in salt and sweat. Not as easy as it sounds.

We are being treated to a tremendous tropical downpour right now.

Rain, bintangs, wave satiation - Indonesia , I salute you.

PS Morris ( Talking turkey ) you want to put some plants in the ground and pull a nice crop before the pricks legalise it and get your arse over here .

It's not my trumpet I'm blowing, it's Huey's.

Blowin Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 05:44 pm new

Whoa , Welly.

Soft , me ?

Do you realise how carbonated Bintang can be ?

I've had to soldier through the last two longnecks with a case of hiccups like you wouldn't believe.

Soft ? ......Ha !

zenagain Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 06:46 pm new

Don't get me wrong Blowy, tough I aint and I would have gladly traded places with you in a heartbeat.

I take hotwater from the tap at home in a 10 ltre container and keep it warm by wrapping a beach towel around it.

And I would have preferred a sanga, I'm so bloody sick to death of rice and noodles.

goofyfoot Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 06:54 pm new

zenagain wrote:

I did. Waist to chest high 45 minute sesh, top to toe 5mm rubber with the light onshore teetering towards blowing out what was already rubbish surf to begin with. When it did arrive with a vengeance, I didn't seek the shade of a warung and a cold Bintang, I squirmed out of my suit, dumped the 5 litres of hot water I'd brought to the beach with me, drove home and straight into a bowl of lovingly prepared noodles from my beloved.

Did I mention the lack of crowd? Being a Sunday, overcast, freezing and shitty, there was a crew of 7 spread over a kilometre of a litter strewn wasteland all probably thinking the same thing- I got fucking cold for this!

Roll on summer.

Killing it Zen! Hahah

Blowin Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 06:56 pm new

Really Zen ?

I've sort of lost interest in bread...it's basically impossible to avoid refined flour in Oz unless there is a Sushi joint nearby.

Not to mention that flour literally gives me a rash.

The Japanese diet appeals to me so hard, in fact that's what I'm having tonight.

PS. How long is a towel meant to keep your water warm ?

Mate , get your arse to Indo ASAP.

Best waves in the world by a fair margin I reckon.

Warm weather, good food, beautiful people ( especially women ) , tropical and still many pumping sessions with no one out.

Ignore the gronks and get your Indo on before the Doomsayer's prophesies become a reality and it's overrun with fuckwits everywhere.

zenagain Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 07:30 pm new

Yeah Goofy, living the dream man- ha ha!

I eat a pretty much an exclusive Japanese diet so that means rice for brekky, lunch and tea. I'd also eat noodles in various forms (ramen, somen, udon, soba) several times a week too. Just that sometimes I crave for something familiar from home- toasted ham cheese and tomato sanga or vegemite and avo on toast. Funny though, after a recent trip back home I felt after a few days I was really missing Japanese food.

If I take hot water from home, wrap it in this big towel I've got and stash it in this little nook I've got in the back of my wagon it will stay warm enough to rinse off till the early afternoon. That was probably the most pleasurable thing about this mornings surf.

I know, I keep telling myself about Indo, I know I'd love it. My younger bro solo's Bali all the time, stays away from the name places and reckons he gets great waves.

When I was a kid I used to dream of surfing Nias. DP and Rifles are the two waves I want to surf nowadays.

As for sushi, I saw norimaki back in Oz for $4.00- wtf?! It's just bloody sushi for goodness sake. I never eat sushi outside of Japan especially at those prices.

I enjoy your writing man, keep it up.

talkingturkey Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 07:58 pm new

Fred Pawle is a writing god. It's like Jeffrey Archer fucked Bryce Courtenay and gave birth to a co-joined Helen Razer and Joe Hildebrand in an immaculate conception type thingy.

Burp.

caml Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 09:38 pm new

Genius turkey

Blowin Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 09:50 pm new

Never really a fan of Fred Pawle .....10000 words on Sarge fingering some young surfer ??!!!

And the Matt Branson thing ?

That was him huh ?

Bloke surfer wants to root other bloke surfers.

Woah !!

Hold the press.

Jock Serong is where it's at.

wellymon Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 09:58 pm new

Blowin wrote:

Whoa , Welly.

Soft , me ?

Do you realise how carbonated Bintang can be ?

I've had to soldier through the last two longnecks with a case of hiccups like you wouldn't believe.

Soft ? ......Ha !

Just stirring ya B....

Love ya work keep it real as always you do;)

Funny/clever literature to say the least, always on the ball....

Blowin Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:01 pm new

I thought you'd figured me out Welly.

I've got blisters from all the posts I've written today.

But that doesn't make me soft does it ?

wellymon Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:06 pm new

No.

Especially charging x2 longies, with hit ups.

Or was it hiccups?

evosurfer Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:08 pm new

JBG was charged with attempted murder a few weeks ago.

wellymon Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:09 pm new

Blowin wrote:

I thought you'd figured me out Welly.

I've got blisters from all the posts I've written today.

But that doesn't make me soft does it ?

The funny thing is maybe!
You must have small little fingers, to type like you do a phone?

Sure as hell I can't.....

talkingturkey Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:19 pm new

Anyone see Fred Pawle on the Charlie Pickering show on the ABC this week? Jeepers. What a nebbish.

Isn't Freddy Jock Sarong?

Blowin Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:24 pm new

I'm still working the Commodore 64 Welly.

I dictate to a trained monkey and he goes the hard yards typing it up.

Fucker struggles with a twist top bottle though.

If you're ever shopping around - always Bonobo, never chimpanzee.

Too much attitude.

Jokes Welly.

I watch some young guns on their phones and am amazed at the dexterity of their digits.

Give the fuckers ten years and they'll have claws for hands due to arthritis.

iPad all the way mate.

talkingturkey Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:23 pm new

Anyone else out there ever drank Underberg? It's amasing!

Blowin Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:31 pm new

Yeah , I'll hit up the Underberg on a bender every now and again.

Those little bottles stack up pretty quick though.

The garbo thinks I'm hosting dozens of drunken midgets in my back room.

Ever tried absinthe ?

PS. Just googled nebbish....

Great word.

Was Pawle left wanting on the Tele ?

zenagain Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 10:35 pm new

Ever had a Chartreuse Stinger?

Kaboom!

Join the conversation Sign up for free OR Login