More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Ha ha, Shats- whoops! Getting my bands mixed up.
These guys are definitely Argentinian.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Fark! You go away for a surf and the Swellnet world has gone barmy! Some of the threads!! What happened to the Treaty one!?
Bejesus! Even this one?! Do I dare dip my toe back in these waters?
Some great stuff there Stu. I like the influence and the further evolution in the UK. Marry it with other influences (yes, like Schoolly D, Shatner) and you get stuff like this.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
No, these guys are definitely Argentinian. And they do killer covers of metal standards while squashed against the double bunk in their shared bedroom. Good practice for when they go out on tour.
Iron Maiden, The Trooper, by Gauchos de Acero (Steel Cowboys)
Here are they are all grown up:
And on...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
And on...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
To Glastonbury!
https://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/article/3kz3pw/bbk-stormzy-grime-ruled-gl…
A revealing review here of Sleaford Mods' 2013 album, Austerity Dogs. If you're interested, Blowie. No bullshit.
https://thequietus.com/articles/13987-sleaford-mods-austerity-dogs-review
Not a big rap/hip-hop fan but Turk, that Stormzy track was way cool guv.
Strap yourself in Turkey, and expect some 'blow-back'!
Nice Sleaford Mods article. I especially liked this, "it's Chris Morris with a class consciousness, laying bare the surreal tapestry of horrors that face the working class in Britain today."
I didn't get "Shatner's Bassoon" from nowhere. Spread the knowledge.
Roots Manuva is the business too. And he had a Jerry Dammers connection early on in his career.
Speaking of which (well, kinda...he wasn't there), I saw The Specials at Womad this year. I also saw these blokes:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Too uppity?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Ya got to chill (like Winston)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
(& still be righteously angry too)
Zen-sei, with that Cramps footage, you do know the story, yeah?
https://noisey.vice.com/en_ca/article/rkqq3x/when-the-cramps-and-the-mu…
No I did not know that, but I do now. Many thanks.
I just loved that song because I thought it was a cool thing to sing- "Get onboard the Drug Train- Wooo hooo", ha ha.
It certainly adds another dimension.
TRNeil, you might enjoy this chap. Nice driving music.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Nice zen, real nice
Here's another one not like the other one
L8er sk8ers
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Great film. And track.
Though for Slim Pickens send-offs, wouldn't this be more up your alley, Shatner?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I'll tell ya what's more up Shatner ' s alley -
Maybe even this (going by the 'discussions' on here of late)?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Right on cue, Blowie, you old K.C.F. (see above)
Shatner couldn't have scripted it better!
He should have scripted this classic -
Hey Turkey , how do you put your videos straight up rather than posting a link ? From an iPad if you dont mind lending a cobber a hand .
Shame, shame, shame! 34 pages on the hard question of 'tunes'? Even poor ol' Donald can't get this response (not to mention my very topical thread on 'Death Penalty for Terrorists' which has provoked only a mild response). We have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on our hands me-thinks (BTW I'd like to give a plug for Nickelback's catalogue).
Shame, shame, shame! 34 pages on the hard question of 'tunes'? Even poor ol' Donald can't get this response (not to mention my very topical thread on 'Death Penalty for Terrorists' which has provoked only a mild response). We have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on our hands me-thinks (BTW I'd like to give a plug for Nickelback's catalogue).
And so says the man that posts the same shite twice.
Do you actually like Ween the band, The Weeeeen?
Ween? Cowboys?
Best Ween Album <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Fair call id, honourable mentions to the mollusk, pure guava
There is only one true Ween, comrades.
Anyone in Brisbane? My Sydney-based instrumental post-rock band Grün are playing at the Woolly Mammoth this Friday night for ÆTHER Sessions #7, along with The Steady As She Goes, Requin and Pulloutkings.
Really looking forward to it.. Grün shows are far and few between.
More deets: https://www.facebook.com/events/1209554222504212/
The forces of the universe and the elements of space...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
A soundtrack to 'engage' by...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Get a chance, see these goons live. iTCHY-O!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Looks like the love child of TISM and Big Pig.
More like The Residents and Test Dept.
Nah, not even.
How's this one-man band from Melbs? Bargain!
https://bratfarrar.bandcamp.com/
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The Brat is rad free too.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
"How 'bout we eat our dinner 'round the table
throw the television down the stairs.
Take the chance to tell each other fables
talk only of the things for which we'd care."
"You've got one shot at life
Let's take it while we're not afraid."
"Hast du etwas Zeit für mich
Dann singe ich ein Lied für dich
Von 99 Luftballons
Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont"
If you're in Vicco. Old mate's even man-handling the next day Barbie.
Whispering sweet nothings (while standing on a sand dune wearing cricket whites and drinking Spumante)
What with Triple J in the 'news' of late regarding their Hot 100 and Jan 26 and all. Let's look at how it's done, or rather was done, in the Old Dart..
https://www.openculture.com/2017/08/stream-935-songs-that-appeared-in-th…
I heard this on ABC AM this morning. Maybe Pauline's right? Hang on, I know she's 'right', I mean maybe she's correct?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I saw that reformed Exploding White Mice and Cosmic Psychos that would be sick, at a classic venue too.
I watched the Radio Birdman doco last night, Descent Into The Maelstrom. It was well produced but light on in some departments, one of which WASN'T the often volatile personal poltics - much of the story rested on how the members fought.
That's cool, it needed to be told, as Radio Birdman adopted an us-against-the-world stance and played the same way only to fall apart with just as much intensity, yet I can't listen to musicians bickering without recalling This Is Spinal Tap. It's all become a little trite.
So there was lots of personal interplay with an almost complete absence of musical dissection. This was a big miss. Even the Ramones offered up more motivation in the End Of The Century, and if the dumbest band in history can do it shouldn't have been beyond Birdman.
Positives were the live footage from various gigs, candid commentary on other members of the band and their peers including the Boys Next Door and The Saints ("Chris Bailey had a balanced personality - a chip on each shoulder" - Ron Keeley).
I'm not a huge Birdman fan but I was hoping for something a little juicier.
Yeah, hup!
Yeah, nup...
Is the Birdman doco on free to air TV Stu, or Netflix? I'm not a Foxtel guy.
I am a big fan of Radio Birdman, partly due to having just missed them, time wise. I was just starting my pub crawling life and they were just finishing their careers. A few friends knew about them early on and put me on to them too late.
Their stuff still holds up, the thinking man's proto-punk music.
As for the band's fighting, this is actually the standard. Every band breaks up due to friction, and recounting the episodes is part of what the average fan wants to know. It's unfathomable to the outsider, seeing a band living the life of gig to gig raising hell and thinking 'who wouldn't want to do that', and 'why did they break up, they were so good.'
Have seen an 8 minute short on the doco, I assume you are talking about a fuller length version.
It played at the local theatre. Think it's doing the rounds?
https://www.facebook.com/radiobirdmanfilm/
Ministry has cancelled their upcoming tour. Again. Now there's a surprise.
https://dangerousminds.net/comments/al_jourgensen_and_gibby_haynes_were_…
Ha ha! Of course Ministry cancelled. And of course Al, Gibby and Timothy Leary shared an abode! Hilarious.
"Is that why Tim kicked you out of his house?
Gibby: The urine thing wasn’t really my fault. I was like, “Dude, your entire kitchen is white. That screams toilet to me.” There were probably three times I got so drunk in the middle of the night I got up and randomly urinated. It usually involved the color white. I peed on a couple one time, in their bed in the middle of the night. Their room was white."
Well, I laughed.
Anyway, any NSW band-types about?
https://fbiradio.com/vb-hard-yards/