More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Iggy Pop sings 'Surfin' Bird' to his cockatoo:
Sitting at the airport, now into my fourth flight reschedule, with my second fourteen-dollar beer (bloody hell.. Twenty eight bucks for two beers!) and thoroughly enjoying Badly Drawn Boy’s first album ‘The Hour Of Bewilderbeast’.
Sounds like you must be on Jetstar with four re-schedules.
Virgin actually. Hasn’t happened for a while.
Did a fair bit of driving earlier this week, and a swag of older albums kept me accompanied. Highlights were Goat (The Jesus Lizard), I Should Coco (Supergrass), ACME (Jon Spencer Blues Explosion), Gentlemen (Afghan Whigs) and Lets Stay Friend (Les Savy Fav).
Alcest - Escailles de lune. An acquired taste but you won’t look back. Latest album Kodama is ball tearing. Violet Cold as well is particularly incredible, try Anomie as an introduction
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I can never decide what i like better Goo or Dirty, this video is so 90's teen, i would have been the guy in the red flanny.
Goat is a great album, my favourite band live. Try and get a hold of Bang. A live compilation album. ‘Mouth Breather” off of Bang is noisy gold
A mate just put me onto a young surfer / singer / songwriter from down amongst the Karri trees in Southern South West WA. His names Clay Western and he’s got a single out on Spotify called “ Holiday Dream”. He’s 18 years old and I’ve got a feeling you’ll be hearing more from this young fella.
One of those bands i like but still not a huge fan, but this gig is pretty impressive 3 hours and a setlist that covers pretty much every good song of theirs including a few from Gish.
Some weird covers in their too which actually kind of work.
Judging from this performance definitely not washed up as suspected.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Check out "Melvins- House of Strombo" on youtube for a recent gig from a shit hot band that predates the Whining Pumpkins and are still producing albums[25+ so far].
Been on the mellow train lately. Must be an age thing
@ MattLock
I think that might have popped up in my Youtube suggestions i will check it out.
Ive always found the Melvins a funny band though some of my favourite songs are Melvin songs, mostly from Houdini and Stoner witch, but then there is so much I've tried to get into but just can't.
@Indo. Those albums are mid 90s ones . I reckon they have done heaps of good stuff since then. It takes time and listens to appreciate [the]Melvins. They have had a few different line ups over the years. Their albums mostly sound a from a bit different from each other while still sounding like [the]Melvins . Their latest "Pinkus Abortion Technician" is cracker, two bass players for double the "brown". One of the bass players is Jeff Pinkus, ex Butthole Surfers. They do a couple of excellent Butthole covers and a Beatles! cover.
Saw GZA from the WuTang Clan live last week so ive been going back to some 90's hip hop .. Liquid Swords etc.
Apart from that saw Trail of Dead play Source Tags and Codes back to front a few weeks ago. Some of those songs i'd never heard live. Been listening to that album a few times since then.
After watching a bit of the wavepool comp made me think of this<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
What a great tune. Which surf flick was that on? I can't remember offhand.
Rubber soul I think mate.
Yeah was Rubber Soul with the section at Quarantines.
Also had a few other rifle songs like.
-Johnny
-O,salvation
-Electric snake river
Also some great Ed Keppuer songs
-Too many clues in this room
-When there is this party
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I was trying to find some tracks from 80’s Adelaide band The Coneheads on youtube. They featured on another Ripcurl surf movie Savage Cuts 2. Instead I stumbled across this Canadian band of the same name. They sound like DEVO on meth. Pretty cool actually....
That was unreal!
Also dig the full title of the album, "14 Year Old High School PC-Fascist Hype Lords Rip Off Devo for the Sake of Extorting $$$ from Helpless Impressionable Midwestern Internet Peoplepunks L.P."
A mate put me onto this one recently. Really enjoyed it. As with all great songs, best cranked up nice & loud.
Worth watching for the obscure first track.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The thing I like about Capt Beefhart is that I sound great while singing along.
Some of these rock whiz covers duets are absolute gold
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
And this maybe better than the stones
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Well Indo ya nailed that ....love those Rock Wiz endings......so many good ones.!
Matter of fact, who's got it now? Oi!
https://pilerats.com/music/bands/cosmic-psychos-vb-theme/
I was literally just singing this yesterday as I walked up the beach
Little wonder I love a beer .
Poignant and amping :
Fifty years of Trojan and a new doco to boot:
Fucken Brill.
Trump's America?!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Drenge-Drenge 9/10 rock
Sturgill Simpson-Metamodern Sounds in Country Music 8/10
Sturgill Simpson-A Sailor's Guide to Earth 9/10
Jason Isbell-Southeastern 9/10
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit-The Nashville Sound 9/10
I don't give out 10s.
Give 'em a whirl.
Tune
That was good.
Coming to my local! (snigger) Talk about mud flaps...
Tomorrow's GF. Fark! Two worst sets of supporters in footy. A song for 'em:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Oh, and go Pies...I s'pose. Anyone but the Eagles!
Go Eagles ........anyone but Pies :-)
Eagles best chance of winning is against the Pies, Richmond would have rolled over the top of the Eagles.
last quarter come back in the granny, you gotta love it!
Like SMB , don’t particularly like this song , but LOVE WA .
Only appropriate song off the top of my head.
A song for the times.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Never the same without Kurt but still kinda cool.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Sound like Nirvana much!
Got the shits?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The kids are all over it, ekse
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The kids are all over it, flossy
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
@Action
Shit that does sound like Kurt
Not a bad little doco for fans of Kyuss etc <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>