More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Loved the doco Indo, nice find.
Not sure if anyone has raised these fellas. The clubby outfit just ices the cake. The boys from the Cosmic Psychos are big fans.
Unskinny bop bop is a very uplifting song. And Milly and Vanilli very funny too.
Not really a fan of the Foo fighters except their first two albums, but you have to love Dave Grohl he really is the nicest guy in rock and roll, imagine being this 10 year old kid.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Dave is one of the greatest drummers of all time. The stuff he’s done with QOTSA and Them Crooked Vultures is benchmark stuff for me.
And jeez, I gave those first two FF albums a thrashing in the day. Love ‘em both for different reasons... Dave’s got a great ear for a melody.
@Blackers
Yeah I've seen that one, i think they also love the Cosmic Psychos, it could easily be a Cosmic's song...but it is good.
I think the best thing Dave Grohl has done is Probot.
Agree. Not much of a fan otherwise.
I've been enjoying the Tropical Fuck Storm album lately. New original Australian music.
Looking forward to the Bronx this weekend.
On the money there matlock. The Drones by any other name still sound great. I have a ticket to see them support King Gizzard next month. Saw the reverse bill at the Opera House a couple if years ago, King Gizzard supporting The Drones.
Nice Ben that will be epic
Dave Grohl? Great drummer. Them Crooked Vultures and Nirvana. Foo Fighters were probably the best exponents of punkish pop but that was never a genre to be taken seriously.
The Bronx! You will have to fill us in, Ben.
"Foo Fighters were probably the best exponents of punkish pop but that was never a genre to be taken seriously."
Hmmm. Out of the three you mentioned or out of anyone? Spurious genre comment as well for mine.
factotum I wouldn't classify Nirvana or Them Crooked Vultures as punkish pop, so yeh I think the Foo Fighters were the best in that genre, though I will readily admit to not listening to a wide selection.
It's interesting. Punk pop. Pop punk.
Who's who in that zoo?
Some great bands.
I don't know where these blokes fit in what pantheon.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Top five pop punk albums - the definitive list:
The Dawn of the Dickies - The Dickies
Milo Goes to College - The Descendents
Hot For Your Love, Baby - The Hard Ons
Love Bites - Buzzcocks
First three albums by the Ramones (cant separate them)
Goes together like beer and The Dickies...
Honorary mention!
Hornet Pinata - The Didjits
Track one...
Surfless morning wakeup<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
7 for the price of 5, nice work Stu.
Something a bit different.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Hey ben, you might be pleased to know that former qotsa & EODM drummer joey castillo has joined the bronx, as former drummer jorma vik has joined EODM. Big fan of both and hope to make the trip myself this week.
Great show last night at the Northern. Gotta admire Matt Caughthran's unstoppable energy after sixteen years at the front! I'm still amazed at how well he sings too, given what he puts his throat through every night.
Thanks Finntim or the heads up re: Joey Castillo - I wasn't aware there'd been a change (haven't seen the Bronx in a few years, and to be honest am not a big fan of EODM). He played really well, though I do prefer Jorma. Joey upped the pace for many of their songs - something I'm certainly guilty of too! - but in doing so, lost some of Jorma's technical nuance.
Still, a bloody good show for a Sunday night and a decent crowd for Byron too - you never know which shows will do well (I saw Trail of Dead a few years ago with what seemed to be less than a hundred people).
wow , trail of dead with less than a hundred, thats a crime. Sources tags and codes is a ripping album. Yeah when I saw Jorma play last time I was blown away by his ability and stamina, for a little guy he sure can play hard and with awesome style too. The Beat That Kills!
Mark Lanegan can push out a tune.
The album Carnival comes from, Whiskey for the Holy Ghost is prob one of my all time fav albums. .. really like the album the other song comes from too Bubblegum
..Trail of Dead toured this summer in Europe playing Source tags and codes start to finish.. Still sounds good!
Can someone please explain how to upload a YouTube video, as per Indo-dreaming's above, as apposed to just the link, as per blackers above.
Thanks in advance!
If say a youtube video.
1. click on share
2. Click on embed
3. Copy the code that appears.
4. Paste it into here the comment box.
5. Just like this <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Cheers Indo dreaming, even I can manage that. Been enjoying joy as an act of resistance.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This is a pretty cool cover I reckon.
P.S. Cant embed the video into here for some reason. I’m sure it’s just me & not your instructions Indo. Cheers.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I'm sure this crew has made an appearance on here somewhere before.
Just found out that an old mate's kid is in there. Dead ringer too!
Not bad.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
(used to be called West Thebarton Brothel Party for those that didn't know)
Some brill pop punk/punk pop from Nova Scotia! Ya can't go wrong with a band name that references Mad Max!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Also, a note on the Descendents album Liveage. One of those rare live albums that's better sounding than a band's studio efforts, I reckon.
Ditto 'It's Alive' by the bruddas.
I concur.
Add Hanx by SLF too.
Big, dumb, and catchy as all hell.
More pop punk, this time from Illinois.
Screeching Weasel!
Reminds me of these boys that a few of us here know. They were big fans.
https://numbskulls.bandcamp.com/track/coco-pops
Coco Pops sounds like Choo Choo bar.
From the band who sing my favourite song about my (once) favourite wave.
Sick! Great surf-punks on different coasts think, and get the munchies, alike. We had better choof, but.
For you eighties kids....
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
... and for the cowboys.
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="
frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
A little Sly Faulkner. There is also a great video of him doing a solo version of Whiskey going around on Facebook. Red Planet Rockets, Splatterheads and still going strong (minus the dreads) in Powerline Sneakers.
Why don't you take your social regulations...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Ah, the 90's:
Like giving an 18 year old the editorial domain over Waves, it was a time where anything was possible. Like arranging Nashville legends to record songs like 'Help Me Scrape The Mucus Off My Brain'.
As time has passed, it has measured up as a very solid country album too. Well worth a listen.
Lunachicks!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
VJ, 12 Golden Country Greats was an awesome album, great songs, top shelf musicianship and that typical hint of madness.
Who didn't love Piss Up a Rope??
VJ, 12 Golden Country Greats was an awesome album, great songs, top shelf musicianship and that typical hint of madness.
Who didn't love Piss Up a Rope??
I love the subtleness of the subversive lyrics Andy:
"I think I spent the dog-food money
But he'll love me just the same"
That line is a crack up... Been playing it quite a lot in last few weeks.
Jerry Casale and Mark Motherbaugh on devolutionary design and the cover art to the their first LP.
https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/devolutionary-design/?fbclid=IwAR27zq4DdHH0kd5NfZGJ0MICBiSnJvWT71sWJx258rQyBCfIQQGdx29Ih1c