More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
An uplifting tale of joy .
<iframe width="642" height="361" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Dig it. Cool slice of Americana.
Came across this thanks to NPR's All Songs Considered a while back and listening to it lots. A countrified David Bowie Sweet Thing/Candidate vibe came to mind.
Nice, Roker. The Handsomes have got that American gothic vibe sorted. Great filum clips as well.
<iframe width="950" height="534" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Saw them play in 2007. Magic show. Great stage banter too.
thanks Blackers, you've sent me down a bit of a gothic americana dirty swamp folky blues rabbit hole which I'm enjoying. Farmageddon Records looks to host some apt bands
My pleasure GreenJam, could be a lot worse rabbit holes to head down given the traffic in some of the other forums at the moment.
Try this.
<iframe width="481" height="361" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Really enjoying the two The Handsome Family tracks posted by blackers. I’ll be diving deeper into their stuff too.
Tim Rogers lead vocals on the new Hard On's album.
Hmmm i like early You Am I and i like some Hard on's stuff, but really listening to the first single i think maybe they should have released this under a different band name.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Much prefer this :D
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
fark. thanks for posting ID. I reckon this is awesome.
The lockdown zeitgeist?
Another take on lockdown.
And like lockdown becomes almost unbearable pretty quickly.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
yeah, nah on that new Hard-ons one Indo. Doesnt do it for me either, and I was a big fan of their early stuff.
and where's Keish gone?
and good one san Guine - there's a certain heavy/depressing element to the Powder Monkeys stuff, I definitely dont put that cd on for an uplifting experience. Still some good stuff, just a heavy smack influence I guess
Tennis coach in Thirroul.
I'm not shitting.
This song makes me feel like a hot lesbian keeps me relaxed..pretty soft taste for me these days compared to when i was right into thrash or punk rock.Might be why i dont charge big waves any more too.
Groundy you will like this if you are a mellowed Punk....
Really enjoyed that Udo thanks.
thanks Stu - that's a surprise.
and I never got around to seeing that Hard-ons doco that was out (was it last year?) - anyone know if that's available anywhere?
@Greenjam, the doco has been pulled, and issues for Keish.
https://au.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/hard-ons-keish-de-silva-ac…
One of my favourite bands new album is out today! Some great tunes, best described as alternative keyboard/guitar synth mixed with Tim's smooth vocals.
thanks for the update blackers. That's no good, on both counts.
Mark's voice sounded familiar. Vocals on this Minor Victories track....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Metal dude goes country. Sounds like Nick Cave.
Cool
That Just fooled the Wife ...is that Nicks new one she said..
Charlies best performance? R.I.P<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
RIP Charlie Watts.
Cheers Snuff, hadn't heard that song in years and didn't realise how much of a cool track it is.
Stray Cat Blues and Sympathy For The Devil.
Jumpin Jack Flash from Charlie’s perspective thanks to Martin Scorsese.
clearly they would have been fucked without him
Another great drummer who left us too soon.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Who ever posts this article is clearly gonna get sued...my name is Clive Kelly c/o Australia Party.
Here goes...Breaking News....Look Away Gromz.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-25/baby-from-nirvana-nevermind-albu…
Satdy arvo lockdown solo session w/ longneck @ ocean view. Get it up ya.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Tonight, I'll spend my bread,
Tonight, I'll lose my head,
Tonight, I've got to get to night
Classic! Thanks for that Stu, good way to kick off Friday.
havent heard that for a while...good stuff......but boy those guys look about 10 years old.........gettin old
Spend my bread on pizzas for the family.
Lose my head on a six pack of stout.
Fall asleep on the lounge next to the dog.
Monday I'll have Friday on my mind.
That's what I thought! Never saw this video and was shocked at the ages. Thought they were way older.
Stu lead ,Ben drums still had hair then , craig guitar ,freeride guitar ...good ol dayz
ive got friday forecasts on my mind.......
A refreshingly frank interview
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/sep/02/david-crosby-on-love-musi…
Thanks SG, am now listening to The Hollies on Spotify. Memories from my childhood when my Dad would put it on the record player.
Cool Craig, love the old pops.
'The Air that I Breathe' personal Hollies fave.
Yeah, I rather He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother.
Great track too Bro'.
Now onto Dire Straits.
For me Dire Straits are one of those bands i rarely listen to, and when you flick through albums looking for something to listen to its always like yeah/nah, then one day for some reason you go yeah okay lets throw it on, and when you do it's like OMG i forgot how good this is and the emotion it stirs up inside with every note or lyric almost brings a tear of joy to the eye.
Well thats how it is for me.
I'm the same ID - I forget how much I like them until I listen to them again.
To be able to play like Mark Knopfler...
Let your freak flag fly .............
May have mentioned this before, but give early Roxy Music a go. They were far out, great musicians, and Bryan Ferry was a wild man beast of a singer.
Viva! , their live album, is packed with gems, and bristling with energy.
"For your Pleasure" Roxy Music one of the all time greatest records forever linked for me with my early summers of surfing:
The Strand
and the mystical slow build track Strictly Confidential