More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Also...never knew about Status Quo vs Angels....learn something everyday.
unreal
Good work Icandig.
A little cryptic, but I reckon Blackers is up to the task. James Newell Osterberg - Trainspotter vs a steady stream / girl getter?
Haha Icandig, I'm following.
Egregious, that one.
Curious as to what they had to say about it I did a little reading and the band claims their inspiration came from Motown.
Holds weight
"Honestly your honour, I had no idea..."
Is it just a little scary to think that most of the information I find interesting comes from a disparate bunch of surfers on a forecasting website? Thanks J.
And the openning to this...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
yesterday the Neil young YT channel put up audio from two concerts -- UCLA 1971 and the bottom end in New York.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8gbK8uoqKhlACSeenUPkFQ
a doobie and Neil young...perfect post surf
A couple of very clever songs on climate change
Mothers Day, papa John creach
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Good choice two rules.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
didn't think you'd find that!!!!!!!!! thanks
A few years old but really good imo
JW outgunned?
Udo, that was unexpectedly powerful, thanks for posting it.
Fuck putin
the only song my ears wanna hear these last few days
hello sailor -- blue lady. some great kiwi rock from the 70s
one for those who ever needed a blue lady to help them through the night.
Time to lighten things up a bit.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Shit yeah
Good call blackers, and nice tune.
Someone mention Black Francis? Someone else posting covers? Here's one I came across recently with both. I like it.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Really enjoyed that one icandig. Cheers. It's such a great song and they did it justice for sure.
Speaking of covers, I stumbled across this one recently which really tickled my fancy. And no, nothing to do with shiny black tight leather pants either.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Covers?
Minimalist rock band strips the fishnets off a glam rock anthem.
Great album that one Stu. Surprised that band has not appeared more here as I am sure there are many who were fans back in the day.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
How big were the Femmes back in the day!
This is a great cover by Kingswood of a First Aid Kit song……jjust persist for a minute to get past the opening waffle
I think Triple J's Like A Version is one of the sadder excuses for relevant music foisted upon da yoof of today.
Second rate butcherings of once-proud songs, being passed off as something fresh and hip.
Does the kids no favours.
While I know we have been here before, there are lots of good covers about Andy.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
And at the risk of repeating myself, my fave cover ever.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Worst cover ever?
Sarah's Blasko's version of 'Flame Trees'. All that subtly brilliant rhyme and rhythm conjuring a joyful nostalgia that makes you feel like you grew up in Grafton too, lost to a flat xanax delivery akin to a bored checkout chick.
Horrible shite. Won't receive no embedding from me.
Here’s a genre :
Songs of potential reactionary dichotomy .
Play me this song after a solid ten year hiatus and I’ll fall over with delight. The delicately plucked guitar, the poetic storytelling of the lyrics. It’s all evocation and creates desire to lay on a quiet piece of sun drenched hill staring at the clouds and listening to the seabirds…..sigh.
Then watch my face turn beetroot red with explosive irritation if I happen to hear it again a time or two within ensuing days, which strangely seems to happen due to some unexplained cosmic force. The twee guitar picking, the cloying language grasping at an obvious trope. The cutesy lyrics…..Aaaargrh fugggginn Aaaarghhh!
Anyway…heard it today after a long spell and loved it once more.
embed the real flame trees flick for her
I can beat flame trees.
Begin with a bad song. Mangle the lyrics with a terrible cover and an atrocious advertisement for private health fund with a sickeningly saccharine attempt at cuteness. I just upchucked a little of my dinner. Sorry all for this.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
"Songs of potential reactionary dichotomy."
Happened just a couple of days ago. Played the whole album. I'll leave it alone now for a few years. Good movie though.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Apologies in advance. This guy does a wide range of bad covers.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
"Worst cover ever?"
Geez Stu, way to kill the vibe.....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Terrible covers?
Sticking with Triple J's Like A Version, here's a couple.
Lime Cordiale embarrassing themselves with I Touch Myself.
The lead vocals, the backing vocals, the arrangement, those awful flaccid Mickey Mouse keyboards.
Even the brass sucks, and I love brass.
And then there's the singer's hair. And the way he pronounces certain words.
He reminds me of this Down Syndrome kid who used to hang around the local pub and would regularly be caught masturbating noisily in the shitters.
Lime Cordiale is totally fucked.
I mean, really.
Dope Lemon just murdering Streets of Your Town. Go-Betweens songs should be off limits and any transgressors put in the stocks in the town square.
As a matter of fact, Lime Cordiale, Flume, Chet Faker, Hermitude etc etc are banned outright at my place of work, and no discussion will be entered into.
This song alone made its creator over $US50M. Doesn’t really seem so hard? Get yourself an empty milo tin, a pair of desert spoons and a recorder and start banking fat stacks yourself.
Geez Andy. For someone who doesn't like like a version, you seem to have listened to a lot of it. Agree re Go Betweens / Angus Stoned. Dunno about the others. Maybe tone it down re: downs - woke society and all. But seriously - I wouldn't go there. Doesn't paint you in a good light.