More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
I never knew who played that song, love it though, im pretty sure it was on Blazing Boards.
It's kind of depressing song though makes you yearn for another time.
He was yearning for another time back in 1975!
After 10 Schooies down the Antler i reckon this Bloke would Rip out some Tunes
Good original/ good cover
Newen Afrobeat recently collaborated for the second time with Seun Kuti.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Newen Afrobeat - Cantaros
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Marconi Union - We Travel
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
well worth the wait
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
keeping company last night blackerz
Songs about places, what have you got?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
thought about going with naive melody but the zimmermen formed a nice link with
which led to some more flavours of americana
Nice.
.
Songs about places? What about a place about songs?
BORED "This was Geelong"
FREE ENTRY
Shop 6 - Centrepoint Atrium
132 Little Malop Street
Central Geelong
Thanks for the link! Heard the author interviewed on RRR or PBS (forget which) last week - her best mates Dad ran the Barwon so she was right in the thick of it. Sounds like it will be a great read. Here's hoping someone puts something together for the 00's...never forget the sticky carpets of the Nash.
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I just figured out I know the author. She's a legend. She gave me a lift home once after my car was stolen a few years back. She had literally just taken delivery of her Tarago and let me jump in with a wet wetsuit, sandy feet and surfboard and dropped me home at the door. Big personality, very kind hearted. I'm gunna have to buy the book now and quiz her about her past.
Some great selections going gents. Keep them coming!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Nice side step into left field Philo. Got me thinking more broadly, which is always a good thing.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Following the convoy and steering in to that left field, where no cars go
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
fuck yeah! hows that bass, mmm
doesn't count, but it sure is fun singing along to Heart's classic, Barracuda, substituting with Mallacoota. OOOOOooooooooo Mallacoooootaaa-ahhhh.
This has been good fun, heres one more for the mix...
Time to ditch the car and hit the sky.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Toes on the nose whilst your there...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
great range of music Rm, still trying to get past call on my bros
hold on Courtney's Malibu sure takes me there
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Good work j, like that. As a counterpoint ....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Top shelf blackers, songs about places going strong.
Reckon this would provide great soundtrack for a longboarding clip...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Maybe a bit mainstream for the punters on here. I love this song though. Showing my softer side.
Perhaps my least favourite song from that album and I was still tempted to put it up here a few days ago myself. Such is the quality of the album.
Perhaps my favourite album of all time?
"Perhaps my favourite album of all time?"
For me - that's too hard to call.
But far and away best gig I've ever been to - Oils at the Lyric in Geelong around late 90's.
This is my favorite album of the nineties..still occasionally listen to it and like every song.
The Oils goat island concert for anyone who has never seen it, it has been on ABC tv a few times.
<iframe width="619" height="480" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Always find it interesting to hear what types of music people are into, here is a Jim Moginie article about seeing Kraftwerk in1981 in Melbourne.
https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/no-spray-but-totally-rocking…
Like everyone who saw them he was impressed by the quality of the sound.
I saw them in Sydney and one thing I noticed waiting outside prior to the gig, was the number of musos I saw, Dave Mason from the Reels, the lead singer of the band Pel Mel, the bass player for the band Misex not wearing any shoes as he always did, just to name a few.
Here are 2 other Kraftwerk reviews
You might need to be a SMH subscriber.
https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/what-the-future-sounded-like…
https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/kraftwerk-bring-3d-electropo…
my band has a new single...
DSDS. I remember catching the Section 5 down to Bondi from my mates sesti terrace rental in Surry Hills when I was a grom surf bum in the 80's.
The bus stopped, the door opened and I thought no way this driver was going to let the three barefoot bums on with their boards. But he waved us on.
It was a hot humid day [NE of course]. We squeezed our way down the aisle and I remember looking back and seeing a Suit with wax all over the back of his suit from my board.
Still cracks me up when I think about it today.
I was also stoked to be playing my part in the song.
The Central Coast version of icandigs Jay-z track .
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I liked it chook, cheers for the share