More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Jab stops Transmission, 2 jabs only, vaccine injuries being under reported, social media silencing experts, covid deaths being over reported (with covid not from covid) want me to go on?
“Died with Covid” hasn’t exactly been suppressed has it? I remember that being reported from the NY surge early on.
Silencing experts? Yet, the message gets out. Great silencing from the the deep state.
Yeah, carry on.
Hit the showers mate, you’re done
Minor truths brah. Sleep tight.
Yeah great media coverage - one subscriber only article!
So what does that mean to you?
Bluediamond. I have a completely different and probably not a popular view of that shark encounter.
That guy on the ocean ski just completely exonerated himself from the entire situation of helping others when in need. Totally worried only about himself . I understand everyone is individually specific but really. My impression is that he put way more energy into making that video footage than actually helping his so called club ‘mate’. And they call themselves ‘Life Savers’.
Alfred Wallace you missed the part where he said he was saving his energy to "fight the shark if it came to that".
mitchvg. Hi mate. Didn’t look like much energy conservation going on in that video, he was paddling flat chat to the beach. He even mentioned seeing the group of ‘mates’ attending the victim and still kept paddling past them at speed towards the beach, still something corny about the whole video . The video became about him and not the circumstances of the victim, the constant referencing about his kids and then the quote “ I’m never ocean racing again “, despite being in the surf club for 15 years, quirky comments from someone who has probably had all types of sea life pass under him.
I still have a weird feeling about the whole story. Just my opinion.
Just dropped in for a spot of sunbathing on the deck https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0MxhR3bJk1We2dzj2kHDWT…
Supafreak. How’s things ? Who needs hooks ???
I’m good thanks AW , plenty of waves lately , all the best in 2023
No mention of sharks in the water but you will soon be able to buy $100 tees and $200 shorts- https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-09/crescent-head-development-prompt…
https://ksubi.com.au/collections/mens/products/4x4-biggie-ss-tee-white-…
Ah that’s no good. Another one bites the dust.
Edit: Oh and that clip from Supa was astounding.
OMG, yay, it's just everything you want and need in a small Australian coastal town!
On the other hand, "Coastal villages are under threat everywhere, the ethos, the history of village lifestyle that makes up the north coast of NSW," he said.
"We have an incredible surge of traffic and people this summer, a huge volume of illegal campers, our water is under threat, our sewerage is under threat and parking is over the top."
The link below is obviously not just the future, it's now.
"Council tells tourists to stay away from Seal Rocks as town overwhelmed by visitors, heavy traffic"
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-30/nsw-holiday-town-seal-rocks-visi…
$100 for shitty T -shirt ... Fark...
Hi Nan, here is a pic of our holiday trip to the beach, much love, the kids:
https://7news.com.au/news/vic/terrifying-detail-in-background-of-innoce…
(photo is pretty epic)
it seems the Tigers are in really close in Perth waters currently:
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/large-tiger-shark-spotted-clos…
anyone know why? beyond "it's summer, they are hungry..."
https://www.trackingsharks.com/first-fatal-shark-attack-of-2023/
‘impressively ripping off his head’
Curious use of words!
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-04/swan-river-shark-attack/101931866
Scary stuff. Must be so traumatising for the friends that witnessed it and the family. Big ups to the guy that dived in to help. R.I.P. young lady.
Anyone know how far upstream this is. Clear or murky water there?
Made me sad to read that, Udo. RIP young lady.
RIP - Very Sad
Only yesterday i saw a pic of a Stingray with huge bite marks from Swan River
Do they put up signs at this point? Are folks allowed to swim there? Just curious... no opinion or axe to grind...
https://www.9news.com.au/national/australia-shark-sightings-investigati…
Yeah nah
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-16/large-crocodile-shot-mackay-stal…
My non surfing mate from Brisbane lives here and two of his sons are frothers. This is surf season there with the crocs and stingers
Reminded me of this
https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=meuw6m
Fuck how evil did that thing look! I’m going to have night mares tonight now
Evil and very big!!!
A follow up to the tragic Freo attack on the Swan, a young fisherman reeled in this:
https://7news.com.au/news/sharks/perth-teen-reels-in-huge-swan-river-bu…
So up near the bridges and Port, you get quite a bit of ocean influence. Being a river, bull sharks as well. There's actually a Swan River Whaler too, one did a drive-by of the jetty we were fishing in Peppy Grove when we were little kids, dad tried to catch it by jagging it with a handline (would have pulled him in lol). Teen rite-of passage in that area is the Blackwall Reach jump into water which is pretty deep near the cliffs.
Jeez, that's solid!
Hey VJ. One time, quite a long time ago, i was sponging up in Oregon in the rain, with my wife. A fisherman showed up, and threw out his line right in our vicinity. Pissed me off, as we were already at the high end of the risk/reward assessment with the rain, and he had a whole, long beach.
My question, all these years later, is were we in the wrong? Just getting in the water in the rain where the fishing might be good? (we didn't stop to think about any of it). What is the etiquette here between spongos and fishos? I am just curious.
Wax24 - I have done a lot of beach fishing. I tend not to arrive at the beach until just before sunset for a couple of reasons: 1) too many surfers/swimmers/dog walkers before then 2) I rarely catch much before sunset anyway.
I’m generally casting heavy sinkers and large baits, which doesn’t mix well with other people. I won’t set up where there’s already other people in the water, but once I’m there fishing I’ll also suggest anyone arriving go elsewhere.
If I was just fishing small baits and light sinkers it would be a non issue. Edit there’s always better spots on the beach for fishing, just like surfing. I tend to look for a rip and deep water to cast into. If I try to fish on a shallow sandbank there’s a high chance of a side current pulling my baits down the beach, so it’s not as simple as “there’s a mile of beach, fish somewhere else”
Thanx, Scoop.
Some big bities in our river also. It really is surprising there is next to no encounters
https://apple.news/AifwU6AcMStiPPK5DQ_9mSw
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-09/shark-attack-survivor-brett-conn…
Inspirational stuff. Makes you wonder if you’d have it in you to get back on the horse like Brett has done.
I’ll be giving it a watch tonight.
Another good news survival story- Rodney Fox. Surviving a huge bite and using Val Taylor’s lipstick to paint bullet holes on a great white! https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/conversations/putting-lipstick-on…
This one just popped up. Amazing story
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/yeah-a-shark-took-part-of-my-leg-but-it-ga…
Hearing stories of a well known surfer getting hit by a large white in the Forster area. Luckily, he was unscathed - physically.
Basically, another attack in the area. Gone unreported though with no injuries sustained.
Watched it last night. Great doco. Seems like a great guy. Proved em wrong and now the experts have a greater knowledge.
That needs to put out there..
Dorsal Watch every fkn where - What's with the Secrecy?
Coastal property prices
https://www.9news.com.au/national/shark-fishermen-forster-nsw/99e25f73-…
Wax24. Hi. How’s things ?
I agree, what is that all about, this rocking up right next to another person/s be it a fishermen, surfer, sponger, kelper , camper, hiker etc. ?
In 2005 travelling with friends in cars and with little kids en route from Phoenix Arizona to San Clemente to surf for a fortnight. Stopped halfway in Joshua Tree National Park, epic place night and day, coyotes howling in the evening and morning etc. We chose a very remote location so as to be alone to camp off in the boon dogs, especially with little ones. Didn’t want to piss anybody off. Come dusk one evening a Winnebago rocks up with an elderly Dutch couple on board, set up camp right on top of us, WTF. When they climbed out of the vehicle they were both nude, gross. They had this enormous park covering hundreds of square kilometres but chose to lobb on our doorstep . I know us humans are meant to be social animals but how social? This was taking it way too far. AW
yes that 'incident' at Forster was with Brett Burcher and from what ive been told hes a very lucky man and it was a GW and supposedly someone filmed the incident .On the media thing above that shark is a Grey Nurse and not dangerous to surfers and a media beat up.
Yeah caught on drone eh, be fairly traumatic.
It's not the first time a shark attack has not reached the media.
So what happened? It gave him a bump and swam off or more?