More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
Epic isn’t it?
I’d love to see a sequence of it.
Today's reminds me of that classic photo of Margo at Nias by Jason Childs. My mate had that up on his wall all through high school and I couldn't stop looking at it.
Epic to see the preface to it Stu.
WOTD
Max really has this place wired.
Drone angle
Faded to perfection
Another wave from the WOTD session. Same surfer, Riley Pitt, showing optimism in the face of disaster.
Photo Steve Turner.
^ All good so far
a nice amalgam of the WOTD and Stu's 'which dog are you gonna feed' flyer.
@Sebastian_surfs, 16 yo from the goldy making pov gromumentaries,
reckon he's go a budding young tim bonython doing soundtrack ; )
haha, squirt-tastic!
Ha!
haha. Very clever caption.
Glad there was nothing said about Surfers Paradise squirters!!
Anyone done any fishing out there? It would have to be pretty good I'm thinking.
Jack knows:
Crikey! He sure does.
Hows that shorey reeling off behind him too.
Great pic, great caption
Agreed. It’s also a great image of a water photographer at work, in the firing zone, preserved like a fossil in amber.
^^Opti heading through his portal.
Classic set up, with the left looking to have better shape id almost be tempted to go left, but im sure id say i will just get a few rights first.
Sick one Andy, reminds me of waves I'd draw in school.
Hey there, is there a place to access previously published WOTD's?
It was a few weeks back, with a dude in a pit behind a jetty........many thanks
I was looking for the same thing @daltz, (I sometimes send non-surfing but surf-interested rellies a few levels of a surf thing I find interesting, try to make it suit non-surfer attention spans. I was gonna send 3 versions of max mcguigan's deadmans flailing frog foamy freefall: the wotd photo as a teaser, @Supa's 1min insta clip with 'killing in the name of', then TB's Deadmans Lurking film hoping they'd engage with the whole). I assume part of the deal with SN is that wotds are burn after use, so the photographers retain the online control.. like TV shows disappear off of iview etc after a while..
@daltz - if you type various combos of:
wotd swellnet "swellnet" "wave of the day"
into Google, then select images, looks like there's lots on the swellnet insta account? (I can't access) and lotsa old swellnet.com wotds (can't see the jetty one). You can get them big enough to copy, but if you click on them again, you get all kinds of relic pages and stuff..
Awesome.....will give it a go. Thanks basesix...yewwww
Can also...
https://www.swellnet.com/welcome
...scroll to the bottom, Load more, repeat. Pretty laborious. Would be cool to have a gallery page of them SN.
here's an interesting one @Sprout and @daltz.. seems to be page after page of articles and WOTDs going back in time:
https://www.swellnet.com/node
Ignore the first 2 articles, a margs and a surf politik, might just be @stu's format placesavers for impending drops..? (I don't understand internet machines). it's in reverse chronology after that..
I'm glad you asked that question @daltz
Daltz, check here, all the WOTD's are there..
https://www.instagram.com/swellnet
It's not this one?
Nice looking board Clint’s on.
Today's is a beauty!
(And fully agree with you on Clint's board y'day)
Hey @IB, Clint’s board just liked like a nice clean shape, nothing fancy standing out about it just a good board for good waves.
Hope you’re getting some over there.
Awesome shot today! Wonder how it panned out?
Insane wave. Love to hear the story
Old mate to the right of shot might have a story.
100% @stunet!
"A medley of breath hold techniques and floggings".
Part 1: Oh Fuck.
Made it, comes out after the spit, sequence and video to come.
How's that wave !!!!!!
Can't wait to see it. Seen a few great posts on Instagram already. Epic.
Mad shit!
It's been a pretty good April all around judging by the spate of cracking WOTD's . Have to feel for old mate in the very worst place to watch Tom Myers' stonking barrel.
"dead bloke to the left of me, live one to the right,
here I am.. committing to a hell tuube.."
Such an incredible wave, and so well ridden. I'm jealous of Sydney's bombies.
I read today's headline as Wendy Botha without my glasses
Wonder where Wendy is these days?
World champion and playboy centrefold !!!
first left in forever.. no pressure..
bonza. off for a dawny in the city.
hug yer kids, and have a nice day.
Yep….lest we forget….great pic….well done….nice thought.
Great picture on Anzac Day
Lest we forget who they were fighting , on our behalf.
A fascist dictator .