I love Bali

linez Friday, 23 Sep 2022 at 12:25 pm new

Thanks Andy, that's helpful

andy-mac Friday, 23 Sep 2022 at 12:42 pm new

donweather wrote:

andy-mac wrote:

Have not been asked for app or vaccination status in Bali at all.

So you didn't have to show vaccination status when going through immigration into Bali? Either at the airport or providing a copy of your vaccination certificate to the Bali airport express host before you left Australia?

Had to show checking in at Brisbane, both app and international vaccination cert which we had printed. I went through immigration in Bali with my wife who is Indonesian so was in citizen queue, but no, we were not asked. I will double check with her when she gets home in case I forgot, but pretty certain, no they did not. I guess they rely on passengers being checked when checking in.
Definitely not been asked for anything since arriving, hotels etc.

andy-mac Friday, 23 Sep 2022 at 12:44 pm new

burleigh wrote:

Loads of crew in Bali with exemptions. It its VERY easy to get an exemption.

No jab. No worries.

Yeah few expats I know got cert but were never vaxxed. Has doc visit and vaccine not administered.... Indo ey....

andy-mac Friday, 23 Sep 2022 at 01:50 pm new

andy-mac wrote:

donweather wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Have not been asked for app or vaccination status in Bali at all.

So you didn't have to show vaccination status when going through immigration into Bali? Either at the airport or providing a copy of your vaccination certificate to the Bali airport express host before you left Australia?

Had to show checking in at Brisbane, both app and international vaccination cert which we had printed. I went through immigration in Bali with my wife who is Indonesian so was in citizen queue, but no, we were not asked. I will double check with her when she gets home in case I forgot, but pretty certain, no they did not. I guess they rely on passengers being checked when checking in.

Definitely not been asked for anything since arriving, hotels etc.

Can confirm definitely were NOT asked to show either app of international vaccination cert on arrival in Bali. ..
Cheers

andy-mac Friday, 23 Sep 2022 at 01:51 pm new

linez wrote:

Thanks Andy, that's helpful

Forecast looking pretty good!

indo-dreaming Friday, 23 Sep 2022 at 04:16 pm new

It was a few months ago now, but i had to show my vax status checking in at some domestic airports in Indo while others didn't ask.

Also just because one person experiences something in Indo airports doesn't mean you won't, they are super inconsistent on these types of things, and things could differ from staff member to staff member, or time of day or depends on how busy they are or vary from just airport to airport or airlines.

dandandan Saturday, 1 Oct 2022 at 01:24 pm new

Anyone been on the Bukit the last few days? How's it been? Arriving in Indo on Tuesday and will hang around Bali for a couple of weeks I reckon. Starting to get excited..

mickseq Sunday, 2 Oct 2022 at 12:56 am new

I’ve been surfing balangan and impossibles most days over the last few weeks, not somewhere I would normally go but it’s been fun none the less. It’s pretty good around lunch when crowds were thinner, easy to get a wave anyway.

MrBungle Friday, 7 Oct 2022 at 08:25 am new

I went to Bali on the 15/9 and the first check at the airport was a vaccination check.

burleigh Friday, 7 Oct 2022 at 08:36 am new

MrBungle wrote:

I went to Bali on the 15/9 and the first check at the airport was a vaccination check.

An absolute waste of everyones time

dandandan Friday, 7 Oct 2022 at 04:11 pm new

First check when I flew in last week, though she barely looked at the screenshot I had to show I had some jabs. Took an absolute lifetime to get through immigration for a VOA. Pretty sad looking forecast and lots of rain but it's very, very nice to be back. Not as many changes as I'd thought, except for the price of things being sky high. Inflation has hit hard.

indo-dreaming Friday, 7 Oct 2022 at 06:51 pm new

dandandan wrote:

First check when I flew in last week, though she barely looked at the screenshot I had to show I had some jabs. Took an absolute lifetime to get through immigration for a VOA. Pretty sad looking forecast and lots of rain but it's very, very nice to be back. Not as many changes as I'd thought, except for the price of things being sky high. Inflation has hit hard.

Yeah i was blown away by prices rises in Indo, not just Bali either so not just a tourist thing Java and Sumatra prices have sky rocketed too so its just Indo inflation.

maddogmorley Friday, 7 Oct 2022 at 06:56 pm new

The Marriott in Medan is now double the price from what is was pre-covid....

andy-mac Friday, 7 Oct 2022 at 06:56 pm new

RP 14500 for a litre of bensin....

nicko74 Monday, 10 Oct 2022 at 12:48 pm new

The cost of living squeeze is a world wide phenomenon atm I’m guessing. I’ve also been blown away by the inflation here in Bali.

Waves have been okay on the Bukit yesterday… first bit of swell since I arrived with my family on the 6th of October. We’re staying in Sanur which is close to my wife’s family. This makes the trek to ulus fairly time consuming however the new toll way makes it less onerous. Take note if you’re familiar with the Mandara toll way you can now only get your toll card from the Mandiri bank at the teller.

Also if you’re bringing your IPhone over maybe reconsider as the Indo Government are making it difficult for IPhones to access the local networks particularly iPhones purchased abroad.Maybe consider bringing an android powered phone.

Finally it’s super crowded anywhere you choose to surf atm so bring some patience

andy-mac Monday, 10 Oct 2022 at 01:05 pm new

nicko74 wrote:

The cost of living squeeze is a world wide phenomenon atm I’m guessing. I’ve also been blown away by the inflation here in Bali.

Waves have been okay on the Bukit yesterday… first bit of swell since I arrived with my family on the 6th of October. We’re staying in Sanur which is close to my wife’s family. This makes the trek to ulus fairly time consuming however the new toll way makes it less onerous. Take note if you’re familiar with the Mandara toll way you can now only get your toll card from the Mandiri bank at the teller.

Also if you’re bringing your IPhone over maybe reconsider as the Indo Government are making it difficult for IPhones to access the local networks particularly iPhones purchased abroad.Maybe consider bringing an android powered phone.

Finally it’s super crowded anywhere you choose to surf atm so bring some patience

Indo Maret also have toll cards... If in stock.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Monday, 10 Oct 2022 at 04:39 pm new

Which things have increased in price in Bali? What prices are we talking here?

Expensive and crowded…heavy.

andy-mac Monday, 10 Oct 2022 at 06:29 pm new

DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:

Which things have increased in price in Bali? What prices are we talking here?

Expensive and crowded…heavy.

.

Been here for 4 weeks, kind of everything has gone up, was last here Jan 2020. Petrol is expensive for Indo at around $1.40 litre, use to be a lot cheaper than Oz. If buy local produce at market which we have and cook yourself, still cheap. Western restaurants vary, cheaper than Oz but few beers and meal looking at $20 , -$30 per person...
Local warung still get good Nasi under $5.... Binnys rp. 25000, local craft beer rp 52000 in supermarket.
Busy but still heaps of relatively uncrowded waves , although last week been ordinary with early on set of wet season....

andy-mac Monday, 10 Oct 2022 at 06:30 pm new

Digital nomad gets around price increases ..

andy-mac Monday, 10 Oct 2022 at 06:31 pm new

Better back in the day!! Ha

dandandan Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 01:18 am new

Very difficult to not say g'day to the Raglan Surf Report fella at Ulus every time I see him.

Craig Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 07:49 am new

andy-mac wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChjfFswhQde/?igshid=MDE2OWE1N2Q=

Better back in the day!! Ha

Ha!

simba Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 08:07 am new

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

MrBungle Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 11:57 am new

burleigh wrote:

MrBungle wrote:

I went to Bali on the 15/9 and the first check at the airport was a vaccination check.

An absolute waste of everyones time

That airport is great at wasting time, so many weird checks. Sydney airport on the return redeye was right up there though, chaos. Never wanted to get out of somewhere so bad.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 12:01 pm new

It’s as though they’re trying to disincentivise punters from global air travel….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufacturing_Consent

MrBungle Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 12:00 pm new

andy-mac wrote:

DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:

Which things have increased in price in Bali? What prices are we talking here?

Expensive and crowded…heavy.

.

Been here for 4 weeks, kind of everything has gone up, was last here Jan 2020. Petrol is expensive for Indo at around $1.40 litre, use to be a lot cheaper than Oz. If buy local produce at market which we have and cook yourself, still cheap. Western restaurants vary, cheaper than Oz but few beers and meal looking at $20 , -$30 per person...

Local warung still get good Nasi under $5.... Binnys rp. 25000, local craft beer rp 52000 in supermarket.

Busy but still heaps of relatively uncrowded waves , although last week been ordinary with early on set of wet season....

Saw cans of little creatures at a bottle shop up in Canggu for 100 000 a can... Stuck to Bintang.

andy-mac Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 12:24 pm new

udo wrote:

https://thebalisun.com/weather-warnings-issued-in-bali-for-the-week-ahe…

Was worried when saw headline thinking terrorism attack concern to mark 20th anniversary of bomb.
Ok some crappy weather. Phew.

jezza64 Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 03:04 pm new

Prices went up overnight when the fuel price went up. Boats to the reefs went from 50k to 70k at Pantai Jerman. Locals very pissed off at the govt.

On the bright side found Bintang Crystal 500ml cans in the local supermarket at 6 for 100k….had to ask the checkout girl if she had rung it up correctly.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 03:39 pm new

What’s Bintang Crystal?

burleigh Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 03:42 pm new

DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:

What’s Bintang Crystal?

Beer you can smoke through the see through didgeridoo

indo-dreaming Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 04:37 pm new

Bintang Crystal

Hmm news to me, seems it was launched in 2021

4.3% compared to 4.7%

Suppose to be a "Smooth Cold Brewed Beer: processed under cold degree
temperature to reserve its smooth and refreshing taste"

So what's it taste like, compare to standard Binnys?

andy-mac Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 05:30 pm new

DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:

What’s Bintang Crystal?

Had one when first got here, kind of a Dry/ Carlton Cold version of Binny. Bought one, won't buy another but it's ok. Kura Kura Ale worth spending a bit extra for a treat, as is Island Brewing Pale Ale, but 2x price of Bintang. Bali Hai also have an IPA which is alright, cheaper than Kura or Island....
Hot work over here in Bali. :)

donweather Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 06:47 pm new

I didn't mind the crystal as a change. I can't do relentless Bintang night after night as the average "tinny" taste just get's to me after a while.

seaslug Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 08:33 pm new

Back on the forum after a hiatus, thinking of going to Bali after many many years. What's the deal on the PeduliLindungi app, did you download before you travelled ? If not any issues through immigration? Thanks

seaslug Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 08:39 pm new

I do have a hard copy of the International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate

andy-mac Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 09:40 pm new

seaslug wrote:

Back on the forum after a hiatus, thinking of going to Bali after many many years. What's the deal on the PeduliLindungi app, did you download before you travelled ? If not any issues through immigration? Thanks

You needed to show you had downloaded it in Oz when checking in. Had no one check in Bali on arrival, we both had hard copies of international cert from Oz also, not looked at
However, my Indonesian wife flew to Kalimantan, on her return she was asked to scan Peduli, came up could not travel as she was not asked to scan in Bali, so no record. No dramas as she showed international cert and got on flight. Seems sone regions taking it more seriously than others.

sypkan Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 11:12 pm new

"...Seems sone regions taking it more seriously than others."

yep

you'll never really get asked for vax certificate landing in bali, the onus is on the check in desk in oz

same when you return, onus is on check in in bali, saves doubling up i guess

pretty strict last time I went through oz, but they have an additional desk to check it all out before you actually check in, just tick the boxes and all is ok

PeduliLindungi app was kinda strict for a while, but literally no one checking it now (in bali) - maybe malls, never go there to find out

even before, without it (the app) photo of vax certificate was accepted everywhere

tbh, it seems bali is done with corona... moved on... heard its different in java

andy-mac Tuesday, 11 Oct 2022 at 11:17 pm new

sypkan wrote:

"...Seems sone regions taking it more seriously than others."

yep

you'll never really get asked for vax certificate landing in bali, the onus is on the check in desk in oz

same when you return, onus is on check in in bali, saves doubling up i guess

pretty strict last time I went through oz, but they have an additional desk to check it all out before you actually check in, just tick the boxes and all is ok

PeduliLindungi app was kinda strict for a while, but literally no one checking it now (in bali) - maybe malls, never go there to find out

even before, without it (the app) photo of vax certificate was accepted everywhere

tbh, it seems bali is done with corona... moved on... heard its different in java

Have not been asked for Peduli in any malls etc, but they still require masks, although not really strictly enforced, but majority people local and tourist are wearing them...

seaslug Wednesday, 12 Oct 2022 at 12:34 am new

Bummer, didn't expect to be asked at checked in with JS in Perth

udo Wednesday, 12 Oct 2022 at 09:37 am new
andy-mac Wednesday, 12 Oct 2022 at 10:38 am new

Geez 20 years since the first Bali bomb, time flies. Will never forget the carnage and misery at Sanglah hospital as families flew in to identify their loved ones. An event that definitely demonstrated the best and worst of humanity. Sad day for those in any way involved.
Take care.

andy-mac Wednesday, 12 Oct 2022 at 11:34 am new

overthefalls Thursday, 13 Oct 2022 at 07:24 pm new
sypkan Thursday, 13 Oct 2022 at 07:38 pm new

"WTF were they thinking?!"

maybe that the ceremony wasn't exclusively for australians and their hypersensitive sheltered sensibilities...

ever watched the news in indo?

they do things differently over there

thankfully (some might say)

overthefalls Thursday, 13 Oct 2022 at 08:06 pm new

quote=sypkan]"WTF were they thinking?!"

maybe that the ceremony wasn't exclusively for australians and their hypersensitive sheltered sensibilities...

ever watched the news in indo?

they do things differently over there

thankfully (some might say)[/quote]

Do you reckon it was just Aussies who were offended? Do you think they should just harden up?

I know the Indos do things differently but I also know they have a heart.

sypkan Thursday, 13 Oct 2022 at 09:00 pm new

"Do you reckon it was just Aussies who were offended?"

sure seems that way, haven't heard complaints from any one else...

"Do you think they should just harden up?"

I wouldn't say that, seems a little harsh...

but I do think australians should realise it wasn't all about them, the ceremony was for 200 dead not just 80... amongst other things...

a ceremony in indonesia, largely in indonesian language, from what I read, so yeh, maybe a bit less self centredness perhaps?

"I know the Indos do things differently but I also know they have a heart."

they totally have a heart, but they totally do things differently too, much different views about life and death, and what is appropriate. a little cultural awareness might go a long way...

and tbh, I think the oz government is well out of line voicing their official displeasure

but Im happy to be corrected if the indo's found it all inappropriate

sypkan Thursday, 13 Oct 2022 at 09:12 pm new

to be fair, i'd say getting the PR department of the deradicalisation wing of the police to do some vids was probably a mistake

but I'd also say, I bet the indos didn't really see anything wrong with that part either

stunet Thursday, 13 Oct 2022 at 09:21 pm new

sypkan wrote:

...a ceremony in indonesia, largely in indonesian language, from what I read, so yeh, maybe a bit less self centredness perhaps?

You know you don't have to comment on every fucking thing, mate? It's OK to let some events pass without passing judgement, especially on people attending a memorial for god's sake.

Just shut the fuck up.

Join the conversation Sign up for free OR Login