I love Bali

Supafreak Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 09:22 am new

andy-mac wrote:

Supafreak wrote:

Expat retirees ponder leaving Bali amid uncertainty over Second Home Visa ruleshttps://coconuts.co/bali/features/expat-retirees-ponder-leaving-bali-am…

Could they just not do the Social/Budaya or Business visa? Just need to fly out of Indo every 6 months to Singas or somewhere else close, have these visas changed? I enjoyed heading to Singapore or Thailand for change of scenery when based up there.

Sounds like frank in the article is easily confused and having a bit of a whinge . There were a lot of stipulations on the original retirement visa that friends of mine were able to navigate around with the right agent. I’m sure it will sort itself out , nothing is ever straight forward in indo but you usually eventually get there . Wish they would wake up to a longer 3 months tourist visa like most countries have .

andy-mac Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 09:35 am new

Supafreak wrote:

andy-mac wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Expat retirees ponder leaving Bali amid uncertainty over Second Home Visa ruleshttps://coconuts.co/bali/features/expat-retirees-ponder-leaving-bali-am…

Could they just not do the Social/Budaya or Business visa? Just need to fly out of Indo every 6 months to Singas or somewhere else close, have these visas changed? I enjoyed heading to Singapore or Thailand for change of scenery when based up there.

Sounds like frank in the article is easily confused and having a bit of a whinge . There were a lot of stipulations on the original retirement visa that friends of mine were able to navigate around with the right agent. I’m sure it will sort itself out , nothing is ever straight forward in indo but you usually eventually get there . Wish they would wake up to a longer 3 months tourist visa like most countries have .

Yep 3 month tourist visa seems no brainer. Then again Bali not quiet!

Supafreak Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 09:41 am new

Wait until the Chinese start ramping up again with 4-5 coaches in a convoy visiting the sights. A train ring roading Bali has always sounded like a good idea but just another dream with no funding for it .

andy-mac Saturday, 17 Dec 2022 at 09:55 am new

Supafreak wrote:

Wait until the Chinese start ramping up again with 4-5 coaches in a convoy visiting the sights. A train ring roading Bali has always sounded like a good idea but just another dream with no funding for it .

Want a time machine!

Supafreak Wednesday, 21 Dec 2022 at 09:22 pm new

I heard flights were going to become more expensive and they weren’t wrong . When virgin announced they were flying direct Gold Coast to Bali I yelled you fucking beauty, about time . So I booked months ago and got return flights 23kg each ( oversize luggage no extra ) and choice of seats plus free change of tickets with 2 weeks notice, plus returning at the end of school holidays all for $1800 , 2adults one child. It’s 6 months until we fly and just received a change of flights notice from Virgin. Now instead of leaving at 1740 direct to Bali, we leave at 1355 to Bali via Melbourne and get in 20 minutes earlier than originally. So I excepted their changes after looking at flights and now all Gold Coast flights are going via Melbourne and same dates , if you book now will now cost $3037 . Glad I booked early . Checked direct flights from Brisbane to Bali with Jetstar and currently for 3 of us with 20kg each and oversized luggage same dates came to $4500 . Virgin possibly, to be notified 6 months out from flights , virgin have lost their slot at Gold Coast airport. Just waiting now for what’s happening on return flight…… only one more sleep before I pick up my 2 DS’s woohoo

FriarTuck Saturday, 24 Dec 2022 at 12:01 pm new

Supafreak wrote:

I heard flights were going to become more expensive and they weren’t wrong . When virgin announced they were flying direct Gold Coast to Bali I yelled you fucking beauty, about time . So I booked months ago and got return flights 23kg each ( oversize luggage no extra ) and choice of seats plus free change of tickets with 2 weeks notice, plus returning at the end of school holidays all for $1800 , 2adults one child. It’s 6 months until we fly and just received a change of flights notice from Virgin. Now instead of leaving at 1740 direct to Bali, we leave at 1355 to Bali via Melbourne and get in 20 minutes earlier than originally. So I excepted their changes after looking at flights and now all Gold Coast flights are going via Melbourne and same dates , if you book now will now cost $3037 . Glad I booked early . Checked direct flights from Brisbane to Bali with Jetstar and currently for 3 of us with 20kg each and oversized luggage same dates came to $4500 . Virgin possibly, to be notified 6 months out from flights , virgin have lost their slot at Gold Coast airport. Just waiting now for what’s happening on return flight…… only one more sleep before I pick up my 2 DS’s woohoo

Virgin Boxing Day sale $479 GC to Bali return.

Supafreak Saturday, 24 Dec 2022 at 12:38 pm new

@Friar Tuck , just looked online and no flights available on boxing day next day 27 th dec is via Melbourne then Darwin and starts from $1572 without the return leg included. Direct flights from GC to Bali were originally going to commence on March 29 2023 but it’s all changed. I called virgin and asked why the change and apparently my flight that doesn’t leave for 6 months has been changed via Melbourne for “ aircraft maintenance “ hahaha ……yeah right. https://www.virgin.com/about-virgin/latest/surfs-up-virgin-australia-an… F9-A75922-1-F45-4080-BC17-A4-E3-CCED7822

udo Saturday, 24 Dec 2022 at 12:22 pm new

Friar got a link to them..?

Supafreak Saturday, 24 Dec 2022 at 12:47 pm new

@udo , here’s the link, might have been a clickbait , airlines seem to be doing some shonky shit lately. https://www.finder.com.au/virgin-australia-boxing-day-sale-2022 and I read it wrong as boxing day sale not necessarily flight on Boxing Day

udo Saturday, 24 Dec 2022 at 12:49 pm new

Cheers Supa...pricks eh..still around $1100 return out of Bne with Batik at moment...limited seats avail.

Supafreak Saturday, 24 Dec 2022 at 01:00 pm new

udo wrote:

Cheers Supa...pricks eh..still around $1100 return out of Bne with Batik at moment...limited seats avail.

Still be worth checking the boxing day sale with virgin but be early and prepared to go via Melbourne, I also re-read that article again and boards are free if in “ hard case “ whatever that means . The Virgin Australia Boxing Day sale kicks off on 26 December at 12.01am AEDT and will be available on the https://www.finder.com.au/redirect/travel/virgin-australia-secure.html “ There's good news if you want to travel with your board: you could fly with it for free. Surfboards in a protective hard case bag that weigh less than 23kg and are shorter than 3m incur no excess baggage fees when you book a Choice or Flex fare with Virgin Australia. “

FriarTuck Saturday, 24 Dec 2022 at 01:19 pm new
udo Saturday, 24 Dec 2022 at 05:33 pm new

Qantas ...24 delay DPS to Syd...wtf has happened to Qantas..turned to shit
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-24/passengers-stranded-qantas-fligh…

FriarTuck Sunday, 25 Dec 2022 at 05:58 am new

udo wrote:

Qantas ...24 delay DPS to Syd...wtf has happened to Qantas..turned to shit

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-24/passengers-stranded-qantas-fligh…

Run by a pro vax gay unicorn

goofyfoot Sunday, 25 Dec 2022 at 08:28 am new

The G-land tower.. Well done WSL. Fckwits.

33-E5-ADE3-6-B70-4-ADE-9-B8-D-BA0-FF4202346

andy-mac Sunday, 25 Dec 2022 at 09:05 am new

udo wrote:

Qantas ...24 delay DPS to Syd...wtf has happened to Qantas..turned to shit

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-24/passengers-stranded-qantas-fligh…

Don't worry, the CEO will get another nice bonus!!

donweather Monday, 26 Dec 2022 at 12:39 pm new

udo wrote:

Qantas ...24 delay DPS to Syd...wtf has happened to Qantas..turned to shit

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-24/passengers-stranded-qantas-fligh…

In all fairness you can’t blame Qantas for the weather in Bali.

And those who got diverted travelling to London what’s better. They make an emergency landing safely or keep going and risk the plane crashing? I know what I’d rather.

Goofy4 Tuesday, 27 Dec 2022 at 05:58 pm new

"I heard flights were going to become more expensive and they weren’t wrong ....." it's being convincingly argued by some that the halcyon days of cheap travel are to become done and dusted for a variety of environmental and social reasons. Fergal Smith seems to have twigged a good while back......Found this a pretty interesting listen on the subject -
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/saturdayextra/cheap-touri…

burleigh Tuesday, 27 Dec 2022 at 07:09 pm new

$479 return from GC seems like a bargain. Anyone get on?

FriarTuck Wednesday, 28 Dec 2022 at 08:25 am new

burleigh wrote:

$479 return from GC seems like a bargain. Anyone get on?

only for jabbers?

Supafreak Wednesday, 28 Dec 2022 at 06:13 pm new

Qantas and Jetstar are having a competition on who can set the lowest bar . https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-28/jetstar-flight-melbourne-bali-re… Happy holidays

burleigh Wednesday, 28 Dec 2022 at 06:14 pm new

FriarTuck wrote:

burleigh wrote:

$479 return from GC seems like a bargain. Anyone get on?

only for jabbers?

Jabba The Hutt AKA roadkill

udo Wednesday, 28 Dec 2022 at 06:29 pm new

[quote=Supafreak]Qantas and Jetstar are having a competition on who can set the lowest bar . https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-28/jetstar-flight-melbourne-bali-re… Happy holidays[/quote
Jetstar owned by Qantas

udo Wednesday, 4 Jan 2023 at 10:29 am new
donweather Wednesday, 4 Jan 2023 at 03:54 pm new

udo wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm86aaBDXZy/

Yep. When they stop running the boats due to bad weather best to listen to them. They know what their boats can handle. Apparently this was one of the few boats operating whilst most stop due to the weather.

Supafreak Friday, 6 Jan 2023 at 12:53 pm new

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/flights/exciting-new-route… Never let the truth get in the way of a promotion to rope a dope . I’ve had several back and forth emails with virgin now and they keep getting better . First one they apologised and said they couldn’t compensate me even though I never asked for it . They also had my flight dates out by 1 year and said I should have taken out insurance against the flight. I just asked that they be honest with customers and admit they never had direct flights approved from Gold Coast to Bali. Here’s a screenshot of the latest reply. 8-E51-B4-BF-86-D9-402-E-A943-BA3-B2-D7-F9-EA6 They also continue to advertise direct flights with a “ subject to government approval “ 61-F86-D32-BCF6-499-B-9-DD1-E957096279-F1 Them giving the excuse that they had to change the flight for operational issues or that they couldn’t fill the flight therefore they will go via Melbourne to fill the plane is pathetic and just outright lies as the flight doesn’t leave for 6 months, how could they know they can’t fill it ? It’s a shonky industry.

burleigh Friday, 6 Jan 2023 at 12:55 pm new

Shonky for sure.

They are still selling flights direct from GC to Bali.

donweather Friday, 6 Jan 2023 at 02:01 pm new

Supafreak wrote:

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/flights/exciting-new-route… Never let the truth get in the way of a promotion to rope a dope . I’ve had several back and forth emails with virgin now and they keep getting better . First one they apologised and said they couldn’t compensate me even though I never asked for it . They also had my flight dates out by 1 year and said I should have taken out insurance against the flight. I just asked that they be honest with customers and admit they never had direct flights approved from Gold Coast to Bali. Here’s a screenshot of the latest reply. 8-E51-B4-BF-86-D9-402-E-A943-BA3-B2-D7-F9-EA6 They also continue to advertise direct flights with a “ subject to government approval “ 61-F86-D32-BCF6-499-B-9-DD1-E957096279-F1 Them giving the excuse that they had to change the flight for operational issues or that they couldn’t fill the flight therefore they will go via Melbourne to fill the plane is pathetic and just outright lies as the flight doesn’t leave for 6 months, how could they know they can’t fill it ? It’s a shonky industry.

Their 3rd last paragraph sums it up really. Not making money on the flight hence cancel it.

Supafreak Friday, 6 Jan 2023 at 02:12 pm new

donweather wrote:

Supafreak wrote:

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/flights/exciting-new-route… Never let the truth get in the way of a promotion to rope a dope . I’ve had several back and forth emails with virgin now and they keep getting better . First one they apologised and said they couldn’t compensate me even though I never asked for it . They also had my flight dates out by 1 year and said I should have taken out insurance against the flight. I just asked that they be honest with customers and admit they never had direct flights approved from Gold Coast to Bali. Here’s a screenshot of the latest reply. 8-E51-B4-BF-86-D9-402-E-A943-BA3-B2-D7-F9-EA6 They also continue to advertise direct flights with a “ subject to government approval “ 61-F86-D32-BCF6-499-B-9-DD1-E957096279-F1 Them giving the excuse that they had to change the flight for operational issues or that they couldn’t fill the flight therefore they will go via Melbourne to fill the plane is pathetic and just outright lies as the flight doesn’t leave for 6 months, how could they know they can’t fill it ? It’s a shonky industry.

Their 3rd last paragraph sums it up really. Not making money on the flight hence cancel it.

@don weather, I thought this quote was a classic “ We will ensure your feedback is registered and
should we add a Gold Coast to Bali direct service
the website would be updated accordingly. “ plus how can they possibly know they can’t make money on a flight that doesn’t leave until June ?

groundswell Friday, 6 Jan 2023 at 02:34 pm new

Since that old cant remember his multi billioniare ,im jealous of and super over smiley charisma bloke yank guy owner and founder of Virgin, the airlines seems to be going downhill..Lat time i flew with them was 2010 in october, was only $410 from bali to sydney but they couldnt even give me a glass of water for free..Tried to sting everyone for water, heard one bogan yelling and bitching and moaning before realizing what he was probably on about..I only had some rupiah notes in my pocket and they only excepted USD or AUD...So went to toilet and swallowed my sleeping pills with warm toilet tap water..with in 20 mins Slept all the way home for 7 hours or whatever..

Sprout Friday, 6 Jan 2023 at 03:10 pm new

Cancelling my Optus mobile this week and they force you to online chat or call, had the time so thought, let's see how long this takes online chat while I watch the cricket. Stated straight up, please cancel service, no longer required, not interested in any offers, here's my details etc.

After 1h 20m on a message merry-go-round of them offering better deals and general rubbish comments, and me replying every single time, "NO. CANCEL." we'd gotten nowhere.

I was now bored of it so dropped the 3 magic letters which can miraculously summon great customer service with telcos, TIO.

"https://www.tio.com.au/complaints - I'm currently filling out a complaint to the TIO, we'll get them to cancel it shall we?".

I was immediately transferred to another person who cancelled my service in 3 minutes - so 1h 20m of BS for a 3 minute job.

My point being, is there anything similar to the TIO but for airlines that's actually effective?

velocityjohnno Friday, 6 Jan 2023 at 06:59 pm new

TIO, handy to know

groundswell Friday, 6 Jan 2023 at 09:36 pm new

Sprout wrote:

My point being, is there anything similar to the TIO but for airlines that's actually effective?

Yeah TIO will remember that one as for tips, all i know is "operator" sometimesw by passes all the robotic voices..Thats all i know and tried though...centrelink too.

mickseq Friday, 6 Jan 2023 at 10:45 pm new

The answer to solving your airline headaches is simple, stop flying b grade airlines and start flying something like Singapore airlines. You can fly out of any major city in Australia, they have the best service and business class seats, they are reliable, and you get to stop in Singapore for a beer and some nasi lemak.

Supafreak Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 07:38 am new

mickseq wrote:

The answer to solving your airline headaches is simple, stop flying b grade airlines and start flying something like Singapore airlines. You can fly out of any major city in Australia, they have the best service and business class seats, they are reliable, and you get to stop in Singapore for a beer and some nasi lemak.

If I could afford $5600 to fly my wife , daughter and myself to Bali then I would definitely go Singapore airlines even though it encounters 2 stops and have to use scoot on one of those legs , unfortunately I haven’t got that money for an A grade airline ( spent it on surfboards )

burleigh Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 07:50 am new

Supafreak wrote:

mickseq wrote:

The answer to solving your airline headaches is simple, stop flying b grade airlines and start flying something like Singapore airlines. You can fly out of any major city in Australia, they have the best service and business class seats, they are reliable, and you get to stop in Singapore for a beer and some nasi lemak.

If I could afford $5600 to fly my wife , daughter and myself to Bali then I would definitely go Singapore airlines even though it encounters 2 stops and have to use scoot on one of those legs , unfortunately I haven’t got that money for an A grade airline ( spent it on surfboards )

A 6 hour flight turns into a 12 hour flight and you gotta pay double for it.

Supafreak Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 08:14 am new

burleigh wrote:

Supafreak wrote:
mickseq wrote:

The answer to solving your airline headaches is simple, stop flying b grade airlines and start flying something like Singapore airlines. You can fly out of any major city in Australia, they have the best service and business class seats, they are reliable, and you get to stop in Singapore for a beer and some nasi lemak.

If I could afford $5600 to fly my wife , daughter and myself to Bali then I would definitely go Singapore airlines even though it encounters 2 stops and have to use scoot on one of those legs , unfortunately I haven’t got that money for an A grade airline ( spent it on surfboards )

A 6 hour flight turns into a 12 hour flight and you gotta pay double for it.

Its closer to triple and 16 hours but I’m sure the Singapore beer and nasi lemak will make it all worth it

burleigh Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 08:28 am new

Supafreak wrote:

burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
mickseq wrote:

The answer to solving your airline headaches is simple, stop flying b grade airlines and start flying something like Singapore airlines. You can fly out of any major city in Australia, they have the best service and business class seats, they are reliable, and you get to stop in Singapore for a beer and some nasi lemak.

If I could afford $5600 to fly my wife , daughter and myself to Bali then I would definitely go Singapore airlines even though it encounters 2 stops and have to use scoot on one of those legs , unfortunately I haven’t got that money for an A grade airline ( spent it on surfboards )

A 6 hour flight turns into a 12 hour flight and you gotta pay double for it.

Its closer to triple and 16 hours but I’m sure the Singapore beer and nasi lemak will make it all worth it

And you get to tell strangers you flew Singapore airlines for a bit of imaginary credibility

Supafreak Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 08:36 am new
andy-mac Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 08:43 am new

Supafreak wrote:

burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
mickseq wrote:

The answer to solving your airline headaches is simple, stop flying b grade airlines and start flying something like Singapore airlines. You can fly out of any major city in Australia, they have the best service and business class seats, they are reliable, and you get to stop in Singapore for a beer and some nasi lemak.

If I could afford $5600 to fly my wife , daughter and myself to Bali then I would definitely go Singapore airlines even though it encounters 2 stops and have to use scoot on one of those legs , unfortunately I haven’t got that money for an A grade airline ( spent it on surfboards )

A 6 hour flight turns into a 12 hour flight and you gotta pay double for it.

Its closer to triple and 16 hours but I’m sure the Singapore beer and nasi lemak will make it all worth it

Wish Garuda still did BNE to DPS route. Never had drama with them except when they cancelled route, was left with return ticket to BNE couldn't use. :/

FriarTuck Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 11:37 am new

Bali Solve on instagram have posted no double whammy needed for entry to Indonesian now.
Finally.

burleigh Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 06:26 pm new

FriarTuck wrote:

Bali Solve on instagram have posted no double whammy needed for entry to Indonesian now.

Finally.

There has been a few more people post now, but i'm waiting until something official happens.

udo Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 06:54 pm new

You cant be farken serious ?

burleigh Saturday, 7 Jan 2023 at 07:08 pm new

udo wrote:

You cant be farken serious ?

See if you can find it on bitchute for me Udo

FriarTuck Sunday, 8 Jan 2023 at 08:21 am new

burleigh wrote:

udo wrote:

You cant be farken serious ?

See if you can find it on bitchute for me Udo

pretty sure he will drop a link and run as per usual

udo Sunday, 8 Jan 2023 at 08:42 am new

Yeh sure - Would a legit link to latest Indonesian Travel Requirements be o.k.

donweather Sunday, 8 Jan 2023 at 02:01 pm new

udo wrote:

Yeh sure - Would a legit link to latest Indonesian Travel Requirements be o.k.

That would work for me!!

FriarTuck Sunday, 8 Jan 2023 at 04:19 pm new

udo wrote:

Yeh sure - Would a legit link to latest Indonesian Travel Requirements be o.k.

gotta keep the narrative going eh, what are you sacred of now?

andy-mac Sunday, 8 Jan 2023 at 04:38 pm new
Join the conversation Sign up for free OR Login