More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-16/badly-behaved-foreign-tourists-u…
https://thebalisun.com/want-to-skip-bali-traffic-this-new-boat-taxi-ser…
Guarantee a Jet Ski service will start soon.
Great idea!
If I ever moved back to Bali would live in Tuban, actually quiet there now and no influencer crowd. Surf reefs out front, have a boat or jet ski for Bukit, and easy drive from there to east coast and Nusa area. Electric pushy for heading up the beach if wanted to head up to Seminayk area.
Crowds sorted! except in water....
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/27/bali-influencer-backlash-…
"Luiza Kosykh claims she didn’t know the 700-year-old tree she posed naked in front of was sacred."
oh my
Geez, Bule gila!
https://coconuts.co/bali/news/ubud-beef-bali-priest-involved-in-ubud-ro…
Supa, because your flights have been changed you are entitled to change your flights completely meaning you can choose a direct flight to Bali from the GC.
Already tried and they were going to stick me with the fare difference which all up for three people was $1600 , originally tickets cost $1800 . I’ve argued until blue in the face , unreal how they canceled due to a maintenance issue 6 months before flight , the truth would be they hadn’t sold enough seats when on special so flicked everyone onto Melbournes flight . The next direct is 2 days after our date but like I said they want $1600 extra. Not very good customer service .
Supa - When do Virgin Direct from Goldy flights start?
Already started
Started 29th March, I tracked the first few flights and they went direct
I just looked online and that flight on the 10th june that they offered for extra $1600 is now also going via Melbourne and the next day 11th June is currently going direct . If I booked this today leaving on 11th june come back on 9th July, for 3 of us its just over $5700return
When they first notified me of changes about 5 months ago and offered the via Melbourne route I excepted because when I looked online some we’re getting diverted to Melbourne Adelaide Bali . I was tied in with school dates so excepted it at the time online and when I verbally questioned why the change got the shits when they said it was due to unforeseen maintenance issues . Batik from Brisbane next time .
I'm sure it's been posted before, but Legian Street Journal (articles under 'your story'):
https://www.legianstreetjournal.com/blog/the-people-you-meet-at-the-bal…
https://www.legianstreetjournal.com/blog/australian-family-claims-their…
https://coconuts.co/bali/news/renting-a-motorbike-in-bali-officials-set… Renting a motorbike in Bali? Officials set to enforce international driving license requirement for foreign tourists
Good luck with that.
A mate is currently on lembongan and it’s tiny so he rang bobby’s camp in g-land , was told it’s packed and only room available was $1060 for 3 nights .
Swell probably too south for Lombongan? been pumping in sumatra last week so maybe speedies or moneys is getting a little runner? 1060 is damn steep for 3 days but i always thought g-land was pretty cheap for what it is.Food can get boring but better than other food at some homestays.
Personally will prob trip out at all the changes and prices if i go back to indo.
Guessing Marlboro whites are more than 20 000 rupiah by now?
My brother is there tomorrow.
He might score Freeride-a day ago at lowtide moneys-
sat and sunday look good but a little rain tomorrow..hope westerlies dont blow but should be good for a week or more i reckon not too much west in the swell.
When he sobered up he would be thinking what the fark have I done , the demon drink &cops don’t mix ……. British man knocks out cop in Bali after refusing to pay bar bill……. https://coconuts.co/bali/news/british-man-knocks-out-cop-in-bali-after-………wait until the Russians discover karen’s diner ……. https://coconuts.co/bali/news/controversy-strikes-karens-diner-bali-as-…
good news if it helps preserve rivers' sand:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2023-05-19/would-you-live-in-a-hous…
Quick question. How are the crowds in Bail these days? Last trip was around 2015. I usually surfed the reefs off Kuta, avoiding ulus and bingin for the last few trips.
Pretty packed mate , check the surf cams . Haven’t surfed the reefs you have mentioned since the 80s but have heard Kuta reef these days is dominated by local hotties.
Cheers Supa
Chatting with mate who lives in Bali last night, never seen ulu as busy as it is now in water and out....
Stayed a week in Tuban last September and area quiet, didn't surf reefs out front but there were waves and didn't seem too crazy. I was surfing Bukit. Sure you'll still get some ok sessions at middles.... Reckon if U stay away from cangpoo you'll be ok. Reckon ulu crowd will thin out considerably once it's over 4-5 ft....
Enjoylah....
Thanks Andy. Middles has always served me well.
Koster is really out of touch if he believes it’s the poorer tourists that are the problem in Bali. I’d say to a certain degree it’s the wealthy that disregard the rules & have no idea about the local culture or any respect for it . Bali does attract its fair share of scammers as there is plenty of rich tourists. Koster has some strange idea’s about many things and try’s to say what he believes is popular with locals ……https://theworldnews.net/au-news/bali-is-cracking-down-on-undesirable-f…
the old surf rats and hardy travellers of yore certainly had their troubles before, but that ain't the problem now
it is the the 'upper class' newbies, from certain regions around europe, that are either too ignorant, too arrogant, or too aloof, to learn respect, or appreciate local ways
koster's much desired... 'more classy kind of tourist'...
once again, the race to the bottom is powered by social media - both in terms of incentive - and providing a super superficial online 'guide to bali', that seems to breed more ignorance than enlightenment
indo's have funny ideas about class and classy
too many trust fund babies
How many you people do actually have mum/dad's money to live on and go surfing around the world? I've never known one, but I'm sure they exist.
But yes, the clientele on Bali has definitely changed :-/
Meanwhile in Bali... Geez.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/798885045176825?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Ni…
Me either, but surely that would set you on the path to becoming an entitled cunt of a human later in life? Maybe not.
Throw her in jail and when the drugs wear off , fine her $10,000 USD and then deport her with life ban .
Unbelievable. Completely shameless.
https://www.reddit.com/r/bali/comments/13qocsz/german_woman_parades_her…
Off to bangli mental institution, I’ve heard some horror stories of expats lost in the system and placed in bangli. https://coconuts.co/bali/news/naked-german-woman-crashes-balinese-dance…
Mate sent me some footage of her being deported...
Had just finished a Kundalini Tantri Yoga course and was told to embody her divine feminine Goddess!!
I don't know many of the proper cliche trust fund babies - though there are an awful lot of them there too that aren't in the surf scene. There's a lot of passive income people though, and they've got a lot of the same issues but are also periodically financially ruined and ripping off locals left right and centre. Basically everyone I know with a homestay has a story of people who owe them big debts for accommodation or bike rentals who have just disappeared.
Bali is also a hotspot for the 'dropshipping' lifestyle.
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/dropshipping-instagram-ads
I would argue that most people there don't come for surfing, it's a global, mass tourism destination these days. And there are many who live there, permanently or temporarily, while making money in the US, UK, and other Western markets.
"...I don't know many of the proper cliche trust fund babies - though there are an awful lot of them there too that aren't in the surf scene. There's a lot of passive income people though..."
was using it more in a broad sense of the term, ...though as you say, plenty of the real deal too...
I was thinking more flollo's dropshitterheads
and every other second DM, who has some online 'business' hustle running...
usually something like a 'fashion label'
which basically equates to peddling third world wares bikinis out of a villa block sponsored by bank of mummy and daddy
a bit like jb' boardies in the byron carpark back in the day... but with a glamour level bank balance and an influencer account...
and this guy...
Max Charlottan - Cryptocurrency workshop facilitator and bitcoinepreneur from Colorado. Trust fund baby with Ivy League education who likes to say he his 'self-made'. Doesn’t wear shoes to appear more down to earth. Could be anywhere but chose Bali because his friends are here and he heard the women are hot and easy. Here to take you through coding class and the benefits of micro-dosing. Likes to call himself a cryptobro without any irony.
https://www.legianstreetjournal.com/blog/the-people-you-meet-at-the-bal…
Haha, the absolute state of it!
It is somewhat vindicating to know that Australias surfrats aren't the worst demographic in town, and it was in fact the new age spiritual weirdos that had the least amount of respect all along.
Just heard on the car radio that the bloke who went full spastic in Sumatra is making the deal on the compensation settlement, or at least his family is, which might let him walk free in a matter of days.
yep, bodhi mani risby jones, deal done and dusted, wad of cash for a walk away. bill birtles on pm in jakarta talking now on RN i think, in half an hour in SA. (5:30pm)
bodhi in good health after a month in prison, paid cash to the fisho and his wife, 2 more weeks there while he's processed, then he comes home to byron.
$25KAUD plus already paid $5K AUD
Buy a decent house in most areas of Indo for that. (outside of Bali, Jakarta and big cities)
Honestly feel for the guy, probably his first trip to Indo and will probably never return.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-26/noosa-man-reaches-agreement-with…
Sounds like he got off fairly lightly given the other options mooted at the time of his arrest.
I lost any sympathy when I heard he threw the motorbike onto the local after he knocked him off it. Getting pissed and shouting a bit, yeah we have all probably been there. The next bit, no. That's just nasty.
I'll say, but it is the best result for the fisho, wonder how much of the cash he and his wife ended up with? Is there any info on whether the kid was drinking real vodka, and not methanol arak or something?