I love Bali

seeds Friday, 23 Feb 2024 at 03:27 pm new

Supafreak wrote:

seeds wrote:

How long are you there. It’s a long trip isn’t it?

I may stay up your way. Budget friendly is key. Your previous tip about place behind is still in my mind. Got some research to do.

Thanks man

I’m here for a few years with trips east and west during the year. There are plenty of homestays that are tidy just not beachfront but very close. That one behind tarci is good value at $15 - $20 a night , there’s others that are cheaper but further from the beach again .

Lucky you.
Any cheapos that have a duckpond ie pool to cool off in? What’s the cheapest where you are? I’m probably setting a $50 ceiling a night.

seeds Friday, 23 Feb 2024 at 03:29 pm new

ant01 wrote:

ant01 wrote:
blackers wrote:
seeds wrote:

Thanks Supa. Great info. I’ll carry a torch.

Thinking I might plonk myself in Lembongan for up to 2 weeks. May start on the Bukit. Any experts in Balangan area?

No way an expert but the crew at Bombora Balangan are really nice, the place is schmick. The wave is fun but fairly pedestrian and often full of euros. Quick buzz around to the better breaks further south.

Balangan is anything but "pedestrian" when it's on; at size.

Balangan seaview bungalows have good budget accomodation

Thanks ant01

Supafreak Friday, 23 Feb 2024 at 03:42 pm new

@seeds , here’s that homestay behind tarci , Pondok Wisata Widi , Pak Widi WhatsApp +6285829219195 , you could message him and book if interested, negotiate price on length of stay, at least you don’t have to outlay any money until your there . He will just want name and date of arrival.

seeds Friday, 23 Feb 2024 at 03:42 pm new

Thanks Supa
Thanks ant01 that looks perfect at Balangan

Supafreak Friday, 23 Feb 2024 at 03:45 pm new

@seeds , sorry just saw your other post, I have a friend with homestay with splash pool for $450 a month so $15 a night , it’s close to a beach but around from shipwrecks probably 1 klm towards mangroves . I find you can use any resorts pool as long as you buy something, some do charge for pool but not many .

Supafreak Friday, 23 Feb 2024 at 04:08 pm new

@seeds I actually just googled pondok wisata and it’s now on booking.com and other websites , I wouldn’t bother booking through them as they take 20% commission and can take 3 months to pay the owners, always good to deal with the locals first hand I reckon plus your not paying out yet . Couldn’t find his own personal website but the others have photos and reviews so that’s something .

seeds Friday, 23 Feb 2024 at 04:09 pm new

Agree totally Supa

burleigh Friday, 23 Feb 2024 at 10:20 pm new

Have Virgin stopped the direct flights from the Gold Coast? Nothing available online for months.

maddogmorley Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 09:20 am new

Also stopped direct flights from Adelaide burleigh - now go via Melbourne.

udo Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 09:24 am new

Supa..Whats your Go To Board over there ...Desert Storms ?

burleigh Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 09:38 am new

maddogmorley wrote:

Also stopped direct flights from Adelaide burleigh - now go via Melbourne.

Spewing. they were so convenient.

Supafreak Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 09:46 am new

udo wrote:

Supa..Whats your Go To Board over there ...Desert Storms ?

At the moment with these weak swells knee to head high I ride a lost HP puddle jumper 6’6” plenty of volume, over head high Ive got a 6’6” & 6’10” DS , I haven’t had the 7’6” out in anything yet, I got it for a certain wave that Im hoping to go to later this year .

Supafreak Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 09:51 am new

@burleigh , I knew they were down to about 5 flights a week doing direct run but didn’t realise they had now stopped . I flew in to goldy on February 8th & out next day and flight in had about 25 empty seats and flight back only about 15 , I know this because I always board last and look for the 3 empty seats to have a lay down in .

chin Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 11:16 am new

maddogmorley wrote:

Also stopped direct flights from Adelaide burleigh - now go via Melbourne.

Yeah that's a bugger. We booked Virgin tickets for direct flights for may. Then a few weeks later they informed us that our flights were going via Melbourne. Just for anyone's info, you can get a full refund without penalty in these circumstances.

udo Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 11:30 am new

DPS Goldy return is still Direct
its just Way there is via Sydney ...11 hrs all up i think

burleigh Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 01:49 pm new

udo wrote:

DPS Goldy return is still Direct

its just Way there is via Sydney ...11 hrs all up i think

ummmmmmmm, that's not direct mate

Back to Brisbane us Gold Coasters go.

udo Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 01:49 pm new

DPS to Goldy the return flight is direct

burleigh Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 01:59 pm new

udo wrote:

DPS to Goldy the return flight is direct

Nope. No direct flight from DPS to Goldy that i can see.

udo Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 02:42 pm new

Shiit ..Pos i saw one there this Morning
:-0

freeride76 Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 02:51 pm new

Damn, that is a bummer.

burleigh Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 03:03 pm new

udo wrote:

https://book.virginaustralia.com/dx/VADX/#/flight-selection?journeyType…

There ya go. Mid April. Hopefully it's just a seasonal thing.

udo Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 03:16 pm new

Yeh new it was there....i remembered looking at the Flight Time and thinking anything over 6 hrs these Days for this Old Kook and im Flying Business Class.

udo Saturday, 24 Feb 2024 at 03:28 pm new

burleigh wrote:

udo wrote:

https://book.virginaustralia.com/dx/VADX/#/flight-selection?journeyType…

There ya go. Mid April. Hopefully it's just a seasonal thing.

Shows March 13th as Restart of Direct .

eat-your-vegies Sunday, 25 Feb 2024 at 12:10 am new

udo wrote:

Yeh new it was there....i remembered looking at the Flight Time and thinking anything over 6 hrs these Days for this Old Kook and im Flying Business Class.

Supafreak Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 02:31 pm new

@andy-M , I remember you were asking about bronze zinc on another thread . I’ve come across this stuff in a few shops on Lembongan, $23 for 75g or $11 for 30g . It’s not as soft as the original stuff that came in a tube, it’s actually quite a bit firmer which isn’t a bad thing in the humidity . It rubs in to the face and lips. IMG-5935
IMG-5936

AlfredWallace Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 04:00 pm new

@andy-m

The best I’ve found for use in the tropics is SurfYogis , made in Bali, great on your forehead, face and nose

Save The Bees Natural Zinc from Byron does the same job also. AW

IMG-3241
IMG-3240
IMG-3239

ashsam Wednesday, 28 Feb 2024 at 08:11 am new
seaslug Wednesday, 28 Feb 2024 at 03:23 pm new

Trusty sunzapper is my go to (Coles and Wollies or buy online) and I've got fair skin and never get burnt when using it even in the tropics. Comes in a stick and I carry it with me so I can top up out in the surf.

udo Friday, 1 Mar 2024 at 08:04 pm new

R.I.P.
To Ben Ryan who passed away in Bali result of Motor bike Accident.

seeds Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 01:14 pm new

R.I.P. Ben

seeds Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 01:16 pm new

Supa, how is that broooom broooom bike coming along?

Supafreak Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 01:28 pm new

seeds wrote:

Supa, how is that broooom broooom bike coming along?

Waiting on a couple of parts and currently Galungan / kunningan then nyepi followed by ramadan has slowed things down. Once it’s all done then it will be taken apart and painted, not sure what colour, told him to surprise me . IMG-5961

seeds Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 01:33 pm new

Can you get these old girls in Oz?
I’d love one!
Without scrolling up what exactly is it?
Coolest thing similar here is a modified postie bike.

seeds Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 02:10 pm new

Is that what it is? Haha do you want to make me poor?
Be pretty shmick though.

basesix Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 02:13 pm new
basesix Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 02:17 pm new

Supafreak wrote:

It’s actually raining ! Woohoo ! The gardens need it . Fun headhigh pulse yesterday arvo back to knee to waist high this morning. Some headhigh swell on the way with light onshore winds . I’m getting a custom bike built should be ready in a few weeks , a 1970s honda clutchless 4 speed 4 stroke. These motors are bulletproof and parts are plentiful, got some decent shocks for the crap roads that destroy the scooters . 3763742c-c935-4d37-a2d3-e4c5ee4e3ced

379bf5da-2b12-4b26-8f95-886c170767cd

Here's Supa's original post @seeds, I was just poking around on ebay..

Supafreak Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 02:21 pm new

@seeds , it’s a honda 100cc clutchless 4 speed from the 1970s , it’s not going to break any speed records but it’s for Lembongan so no rego or anything needed . The motor has been completely rebuilt . On Lembongan unless you’re a true maniac with a death wish , I cant see me doing more than 60 kph , most riding will be in the 30-40 kph range .

seeds Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 02:34 pm new

Haha yes that was my limit too. And you’re a local!
Thanks basesix yes I like it!!

Pop Down Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 02:58 pm new

Where is the seat for the driver ?

If I went within 10 meters of it , I would be in danger , by the look of this beast .

Like Nuclear Waste , riding a Bike , scares the shit out of me and I don't want to touch one .

Looks so much fun , though .

seeds Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 03:11 pm new

You gotta sit up front on the put put pipe and you’re insides clear the climate crisis with every word you talk. Then convert to carbon credits with every internet post.

Pop Down Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 03:16 pm new

seeds

Just had a close look at the Bike and that all sounds very sensible .

Keep up the good work !

seeds Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 03:23 pm new

You’re a cool as old cat Pop. I’m more clueless and care less than you. I’ve got Sypy splinters on this subject. We aren’t that important.

Pop Down Saturday, 2 Mar 2024 at 03:43 pm new

Hello Seeds

As I am an opposite type , am guessing u are a bit cagey ( wise like 6'y ) , not clueless and care more than most .

We are not important , in the long term .

Quite a few of your posts , many more than I have posted ( longer time lol ) have RECENTLY been Important to SN ,imho !

As an old bloke , I have tinnea of the scalp , from being trampled , but a few surfs helps wash the shit off lol .

Supafreak Monday, 4 Mar 2024 at 09:57 pm new

Lovely weather and great waves IMG-5984
IMG-5979
IMG-5994

seaslug Monday, 4 Mar 2024 at 10:01 pm new

Noice Supa

indo-dreaming Tuesday, 5 Mar 2024 at 08:24 am new

Oh man that looks fun and no crowd WTF?

andy-mac Tuesday, 5 Mar 2024 at 09:33 am new

Fuck, surfed with this bloke a lot.......
Sad days.

https://tracksmag.com.au/australian-expat-gunther-kitzler-presumed-dead…

lostdoggy Tuesday, 5 Mar 2024 at 12:53 pm new

G-land rights?
Is that ‘reverse G’?
Heavy situation for his mates there.
Wonder if it was heart attack or something.
Knocked out?

Join the conversation Sign up for free OR Login