More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
^^inverted comas
Still laughing ;)
Apologies trashy, ^^ brackets.
Can you refer to me as Trashcan and not trash can please, I like it better lol
;)
Trashy is ok
Well done. You picked up on the lack of a capital letter and the implied insult. There is hope for you yet!
The insults on here are like water off a ducks back, not even anywhere near growing up in the 70’s/80’s.
Soft as lol
eggsactly.
Recovery beach;);)
You there now seeds?
Negative!
Anyone traveling to indo soon ? Currently the exchange rate in the street is 10275 rp to oz $ , if you get a wise account you can get a master card debit card and the exchange is currently 10660 and forecast to go up . The wise app allows you to have up to 40 different currencies and for every $1000 you convert into whatever currency you get charged just under $6 . This rate is far better than anything a bank will give you using your Australian debit/credit card and once it’s in rupiah you don’t get charged the added 3% on bill that most hotels & restaurants try to add on as it’s a direct debit and already in rupiah . This will save you hundreds on your holiday and wise is excepted in most places . Can also withdraw from ATM by selecting savings and not getting withdrawal fees . My transactions which have been up to $17,000 have taken at most 14 seconds to transfer funds . https://wise.com/help/articles/2935762/how-do-i-get-a-wise-card
Looks good.
I have been using a Macquarie debit card for OS, no fees.
https://www.macquarie.com.au/everyday-banking/transaction-account.html?…
NAB used to have the excellent Travellers card. Just transfer online your cash to the required currency and no atm fees or international currency transfer fees
I’ll check out Macquarie next time
@seeds & @ashsam , what rate is your bank giving you. ? The main reason I switched to wise was because my bank ( Bendigo ) was giving me 1000rp less per Australian dollar which is a huge difference . On international money transfers Bendigo charge $30 no matter what the amount, but with a crap exchange rate I was losing out, the volume of money I’m currently moving , I’ve saved myself thousands.
$30 transfer fee!! Bendigo Bastards.
Yes it’d be good to compare rates on the day and have a couple of options
Edit NAB today are paying 10,382
Bendigo (screwing over the) Community Bank
@seeds , the good thing about the wise app is you can load up your Indonesian rupiah account when the rate is high , it’s varied so far this year from under 10,000rp to just under 11,000rp so about 10 cents in the dollar. The minus about wise is no interest on money in account and if you leave a large amount in for over 12 months they penalise you and actually charge 0.4% on money in account . So you either need to spend it or move it .
Thanks for that edit , yeah I got 10662 on wise this morning and after their fee it was 10598.
Cheers worth looking into
@seeds , here’s Bendigo rate today, what a farking joke.
Yeah that is low
Would definitely add up over the few years you’re there
If my maths is correct that’s $1000 extra every $10,000
Spot on there S freak. Been using transferwise,now Wise ,for years.Saved thousands,straight into Indo bank account.Extremely quick.
Highly recommended
5 stars
@Dumai , I was looking at long term deposits in indo banks and not much good news there . I’m with BCA and 2.85% per annum was best I could do . Before covid I remember some banks you could get up to 11% and after tax you ended up with about 8% , any idea what happened ?
Used to have Citibank plus card which was good no OS fees etc, they were cancelled this year as NAB bought them out, this is the equivalent from NAB they swapped people to. I just cancelled mine and swapped to Macquarie.
https://www.nab.com.au/personal/bank-accounts/transaction-accounts/nab-…
ING rebate your international fees and up to 5 international ATM fees per month.
We have an account for travel for this reason. Saves $100s on a decent length trip.
Cards that give free ATM fees are good as long as they are giving you a decent exchange rate , some cards you get charged by your bank & the bank who’s ATM you’re using, if you get one of those shit ATMs that only give you 1 million rp to 1.5 million rp at a time it can become expensive to withdraw a decent amount, especially if you’re paying both banks .
Have never used an atm in Bali, take a few grand in cash and change it. Last time only used cash for grab, bought most of it home, just used my Macquarie card or Apple Pay with that card.
Udo. Thanks mate. So good.
I remember Chew ‘N’ Spew well.
How things have dramatically change.
I’ve no desire to visit Bali and add to the mass amalgam
I find there’s ample relatively quiet places with great surf amongst all those islands to get your fill. AW
Does anyone know if fast ferry from Lombock to Benete Harbour still operating. Heard it stopped.
cheers
A mate flew in from Perth a couple weeks ago , his flight was delayed and then not sure what else happened but he landed at 3.00am , I didn’t know they would allow flights that late . With international and domestic travel through the one runway, it’s a busy busy place . I’ve had a couple nights in Kuta staying at masa inn , still good value at walk in for 350,000rp a night , steak at Uns was great too . No russians down this end .
Whoa...Solid
https://balibelly.com/pages/uluwatu
Waves for days by look of it.
Know where I'd rather be.
Looks like only about 7 guys out at ulu’s atm , Padang packed as usual as is bingin and a fair crowd at impossibles .
Reckon OC should be on the cook now with arvo low tide???
Yep , and crowd just jumped to 15
can’t see any hipsters or mini mals
Surf schools?
Hahaha , not today , they no doubt will find a corner somewhere , here on Lembongan lacerations is packed, maybe 12 at playgrounds and razors has some double overhead bombs with nobody on it , shipwrecks also empty , 1 guy out at muntigs .
How big at muntigs? That joint looks pretty nuts
Predictions have it over 11000rp soon but I have my doubts, today’s Wise rate is pretty good.
Have to be solid 8ft on the bigger sets
G-land forey

image post
So solid to terrifying then. For two weeks straight.
colonisation
https://thebalisun.com/former-indonesian-president-criticizes-state-of-…
no colonisation
https://thebalisun.com/indonesian-tourism-minister-refutes-accusation-t…
apparently...
Lots of different articles in those links about new and current proposals, I’ve a feeling though that no matter what is said the $ will have the last say . Haven’t been out to Canggu or further up that coast since well before covid and I have no intention of doing so , can only imagine the traffic jam. I ventured out to white monkey surf shop on the Bukit, fark so much has changed in such a short period of time .
Stitches out yesterday and it’s healed up nicely . Going to wait a bit longer before I go for a surf to give the inside the best chance of healing . Not sure how it would feel gripping my board and duck diving just yet , especially with the swell that’s running and coming . Geez the 11th & 12th is looking bigger than the incoming swell on the 4th & 5 th . Looking forward to Craigs updates .
Heal well mate!