I love Bali

Supafreak Thursday, 17 Oct 2024 at 10:03 pm new

blackers wrote:

Wowsa, sank the pontoons? Big swell.

Yeah sunk 2 , that smaller one in the video is on the bottom now , bit of damage to buildings on the shore last night .

Jelly Flater Thursday, 17 Oct 2024 at 11:17 pm new

…not quite an ‘I love Bali’ kind of rinse

Supafreak Friday, 18 Oct 2024 at 10:27 am new

I can imagine it would have been pretty big up that way , tragic news for the family . https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-10-18/australian-craig-laidley-missing…

andy-mac Friday, 18 Oct 2024 at 11:13 am new

Supafreak wrote:

I can imagine it would have been pretty big up that way , tragic news for the family . https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-10-18/australian-craig-laidley-missing…

Horrible news.

basesix Friday, 18 Oct 2024 at 11:36 am new

having trouble with gofundme accepting a donation, anyone else?
https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-11-year-old-boy-franklin-laowos-path…
(it just thinks about it, three dots dotting, left it to it while I had a shower, still nothing..)

udo Friday, 18 Oct 2024 at 01:03 pm new
Bnkref Friday, 18 Oct 2024 at 01:43 pm new

Thanks Supa for your note yesterday. Appreciate your intel.

I know of that spot from reading about it here. Haven't been to NL since about 2015. Never saw it in a big swell so it's pretty crazy seeing those shots.

seeds Friday, 18 Oct 2024 at 03:30 pm new

andy-mac wrote:

Supafreak wrote:

I can imagine it would have been pretty big up that way , tragic news for the family . https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-10-18/australian-craig-laidley-missing…

Horrible news.

They found him this morning. Tragic

andy-mac Friday, 18 Oct 2024 at 06:43 pm new

seeds wrote:

andy-mac wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

I can imagine it would have been pretty big up that way , tragic news for the family . https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-10-18/australian-craig-laidley-missing…

Horrible news.

They found him this morning. Tragic

Yeah, ultimate sacrifice for saving a life...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/oct/18/australian-craig-laidley-…

basesix Saturday, 19 Oct 2024 at 01:26 pm new

day 2 liga - nasteeee, nice to meet yoooo

shampoo-shampoo ulu-waaaatuuu

Supafreak Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 02:18 pm new
Supafreak Friday, 25 Oct 2024 at 11:13 am new

Nusa penida on the last swell , fark those 2 people walking up top were lucky not to get washed in .

velocityjohnno Friday, 25 Oct 2024 at 05:54 pm new

Darwin works in mysterious ways, Supa!

Supafreak Friday, 25 Oct 2024 at 07:45 pm new

velocityjohnno wrote:

Darwin works in mysterious ways, Supa!

Reading through the comments , someone may have been washed off a cliff further around. The pontoon on Lembongan that sunk had a french girl on it , she was watching her boyfriend out at muntigs . When the pontoon got rolled she was underneath it for a while , she surfs and managed to swim out and save herself . It was about a 10 wave set .

Supafreak Thursday, 31 Oct 2024 at 10:23 am new

The rains arrived , a few scuds on NL but looking over to Bali it appears to be pissing down . Much needed on NL as pretty dry . Someone filmed an excavator splilling some limestone into the ocean here a month ago . The bule builder wasn’t on site but he’s now in a world of pain with fines and such , watching the excavators at ulu’s freely dumping limestone into the ocean below is criminal, different rules depending on who and how much $ is backing you .

Supafreak Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 12:15 pm new

I’m in Kuta for a few days getting the teeth remodelled. Kuta hasn’t fully recovered since covid and even the KFC & McDonalds at the beach end of poppies 1 closed shop . Only maybe 50% of shops in P1 have reopened but construction is now ramping up in the area . Kuta will, many locals believe , bounce back . The expansion of Canggu and further up the coast will only go so far and it appears investment is cranking up in the kuta , tuban area . These photos are in poppies 1 in front of Kuta townhouse’s where many Perth people got burnt from investing with a shonky Australian . It’s so different watching construction in indo these days with the ‘ safety ‘ on site notices . This joint is huge . One thing about the decline in tourism around kuta is prices for accommodation have dropped . Staying at Masa inn for walk up price of 350,000rp a night including a really good breakfast . Plenty of older Aussie bogans still supporting the area . IMG-9352
IMG-9351
IMG-9350

Island Bay Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 01:46 pm new

Selamat pagi Dokterrrrr Gigi!

Supafreak Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 01:51 pm new

Gotta give this Lady a 5 star review , best dentist I’ve had . https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&sca_esv=0ba5b4315e0bd468&hl…

goofyfoot Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 02:23 pm new

Show us the new chompers supa!

Like Leigh Matthew’s when he first had his done.

Supafreak Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 02:35 pm new

goofyfoot wrote:

Show us the new chompers supa!

Like Leigh Matthew’s when he first had his done.

Now in my defence the camera adds 10 pounds ( apparently ) and yes I know the last time ya saw a head like that it had a hook in its mouth. Currently sitting in Made’s warung about to tuck into a nasi campur special. IMG-9358. IMG-9359

Jelly Flater Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 02:40 pm new

- fark !
… slick rick ;)

(sleek freak)

Jelly Flater Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 02:43 pm new

… and since supa romper chomper has skin in the game ;)
- time for a make teeth healthy again tribute haha

Jelly Flater Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 02:48 pm new
Island Bay Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 04:11 pm new

Good chompers, Supie!

And that Campur looks delicious.

Roadkill Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 04:24 pm new

I bet the dental work was 80% cheaper than in Aus.

seeds Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 04:31 pm new

Holy shit it’s the blue wiggle
Noice one supa! Money well spent!

basesix Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 05:08 pm new

wooah, @Supa, must be a pain being that good looking..
(only seen distant pics of you getting pitted before).
enjoy your pearly choppers! got the nettle pepper-fox plumage, to boot!

goofyfoot Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 05:14 pm new

Supafreak wrote:

goofyfoot wrote:

Show us the new chompers supa!

Like Leigh Matthew’s when he first had his done.

Now in my defence the camera adds 10 pounds ( apparently ) and yes I know the last time ya saw a head like that it had a hook in its mouth. Currently sitting in Made’s warung about to tuck into a nasi campur special. IMG-9358. IMG-9359

Bloody bagus!

blackers Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 05:44 pm new

seeds wrote:

Holy shit it’s the blue wiggle

Noice one supa! Money well spent!

Genius. And yes, it looks like a great job has been done. Enjoy.

Supafreak Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 06:40 pm new

You blokes are too kind , I was expecting to cop a lot of crap for the sunny’s .

AlfredWallace Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 06:58 pm new

Supafreak wrote:

You blokes are too kind , I was expecting to cop a lot of crap for the sunny’s .

For a moment there I thought I was looking at Gary ‘Kong’ Elkerton, soon realised it’s actually ‘ Romper Chomper’ from an early 1992 film in suburban Melbourne about a neo-nazi gang. AW

indo-dreaming Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 06:58 pm new

Yeah Kong, with a very good set of teeth and a nice Indo feed.

AlfredWallace Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 07:07 pm new

indo-dreaming wrote:

Yeah Kong, with a very good set of teeth and a nice Indo feed.

Indo. Hi.

Did you buy the Bottle Tree/s ? . AW

goofyfoot Tuesday, 5 Nov 2024 at 07:25 pm new

Supafreak wrote:

You blokes are too kind , I was expecting to cop a lot of crap for the sunny’s .

What sunnies?

southernraw Friday, 8 Nov 2024 at 07:30 pm new

Yeah Supa!!
Legend mate.

Roystein Saturday, 9 Nov 2024 at 02:40 pm new

Asking for a mate.
Transport options from Lakeys to YoYos? Anyone done it?

Dumai Saturday, 9 Nov 2024 at 05:00 pm new

Hey Roy,Haven’t been down there for maybe 20 years.What’s it like these days ? Used to catch buses across Sumbawa ,there was a bus malam left Dompu about 9 pm from memory.
Cheers mate

Supafreak Saturday, 9 Nov 2024 at 05:31 pm new

Roystein wrote:

Asking for a mate.

Transport options from Lakeys to YoYos? Anyone done it?

I haven’t done it but did meet 7 guys on separate occasions that were doing all the main islands from Bali to Sumba . 3 individuals travelling solo on bikes they had purchased and 1 that had driven his own car from Bali . Another 3 guys had hired 2 bikes in eastern sumba airport and toured around and dropped them in west sumba airport . I would imagine that these days you could do the same in sumbawa ( east to west airport) just a matter of enquiring online for rentals . Booking ferries in advance was a must if you want to island hop, just rocking up didn’t always work, the guy in the car found that out the hard way . Flights are cheap but boards are expensive. Ferries run to a schedule so you really need to plan in advance . We hired car and driver in sumba and for the distance and time it was pretty cheap going from A to B . Island hopping by car on ferries can become quite expensive and time consuming but if you have the time and money why not . You could do lakeys to yoyos by road but not sure how much the roads have improved. Indonesia government has spent up improving roads in sumba and rote but haven’t been to sumbawa for years. Petrol for the good stuff is $1.30 litre the lite is $1.00 . If you’re strapped for time flying would be the go but again boards are expensive , you still have a few hours drive from both airports . Good luck.

Roystein Sunday, 10 Nov 2024 at 02:56 pm new

Thanks for the info Supa and Dumai. That info reflects my thoughts and info Supa, I’m guessing Car and driver possible but I reckon it will cost akeh jinah. If it were me I’d be aiming for a motorbike and flexible itinerary. Mate will be flying into Bima.

Supafreak Sunday, 10 Nov 2024 at 04:07 pm new

Roystein wrote:

Thanks for the info Supa and Dumai. That info reflects my thoughts and info Supa, I’m guessing Car and driver possible but I reckon it will cost akeh jinah. If it were me I’d be aiming for a motorbike and flexible itinerary. Mate will be flying into Bima.

Got a car with driver, really nice toyota dual cab with big wheels, our trip was 4 hours over 150 klms , last 50 klms took longer than the first 100 , it was 1.5 million rp between 3 of us , on your own would have been 1 million . I’m sure you know the guys at Bima can be pretty nasty .

Dumai Tuesday, 12 Nov 2024 at 05:36 pm new

No worries Roy.Yeh I don’t think many crew get on the buses anymore.Sfreaks option probably better.Long time ago ,times changed.
Cheers

indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Nov 2024 at 05:43 pm new

@Dumai

Is your name taken from the place in Sumatra?

Joshy2000 Wednesday, 13 Nov 2024 at 11:21 am new

I’m trying to get tourist visa for Bali now, headed there next week, but link from smart traveller to e visa application is only giving me option for 60 day visa costing 1 500 000 IDR. Does this sound right? I thought it was 30 days, I’m only going for a week. Thanks in advance for anyone responding.

burleigh Wednesday, 13 Nov 2024 at 11:24 am new

Joshy2000 wrote:

I’m trying to get tourist visa for Bali now, headed there next week, but link from smart traveller to e visa application is only giving me option for 60 day visa costing 1 500 000 IDR. Does this sound right? I thought it was 30 days, I’m only going for a week. Thanks in advance for anyone responding.

Just get one when you arrive. You'll have to wait for your boards if you choose the faster E-visa option anyway.

Joshy2000 Wednesday, 13 Nov 2024 at 11:35 am new

Cheers Burleigh, I was going to ask if it’s easy enough on arrival, I’ll just do that.

seaslug Wednesday, 13 Nov 2024 at 12:02 pm new

Keep your eye on flights Joshy, volcano

Joshy2000 Wednesday, 13 Nov 2024 at 12:12 pm new

Yeah Seaslug meant to be flying out next Wednesday so hopefully all clear by then. Bit nervous though when I heard that.

Dumai Wednesday, 13 Nov 2024 at 03:38 pm new

indo-dreaming wrote:

@Dumai

Is your name taken from the place in Sumatra?

Yeh Indo you got me.Beautiful ,tropical Dumai.I know the area well.lol

Join the conversation Sign up for free OR Login