More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Great good news story zen , karma to you and the prick that dumped him .
Good on you Zen and the lady involved.
Hope you score some great surf...
Outstanding Zen ,,and the lady who helped out .. That is awesome ,even chipping in with the bill.
I hope whoever dumped him ends up getting sodomised by a Great Dane.
Poor thing, great work Zen!
Legend Zen.
Cheers guys- yeah that lady is an angel, she went above and beyond. She drove for hours and got him to the other vet after midnight, then drove home and got back around 4:00am this morning and had to work today. He smelled god-awful and after an hour in my car we were gagging. She had him in hers for three hours.
You could tell he knew we were there to help. Despite his obvious pain, he just took it and went with the flow. I was very pleased with my dog, my dog was very gentle with him and I guess somehow knew his cousin wasn't in a good way.
Anyway, he is a real sweet dog but sadly I think he's seen his fair share of neglect. Safe to say from when we came across him yesterday morning, his life is about to get a whole lot better.
Well done zen, you should try to follow up with where he gets re-homed and get some photos of him when he's recovered and happy.
That last photo is unreal, probably the comfiest he's been for a long time. good stuff
Amazing work Zen
Zen u r a champion!just wondering if fluffy takes a dump will u be warming your hands up with da hot rocks?
Hahahaha.
I doubt it Troppo. Hopefully when he finds a new owner they will discover the magic.
Speaking of which, I haven't heard how he is but I've already lined up a family keen to adopt. They have a very nice 11 year old boy whose dog passed away last year and I was talking to the mum this morning. She's all over it.
I was actually considering taking him as our Mini-Schnauzer passed away in November. We spent a fortune keeping her alive- even were renting a hyperbaric chamber for the last three months for her. She left us peacefully but my wife is still gutted. Still a bit raw to be talking about a new dog for the moment but I would like a new companion for the brown fella. The cats just don't cut it I'm afraid.
Let us know how it goes Zen. Whichever way it ends up you (and the cat lady) will have done a great thing.
Good work Zen. Some sweet waves coming your way, no doubt.
Deep in the ocean off the coast of Tahiti, scientists made an incredible discovery in November: acres of giant, pristine, rose-shaped corals blossoming from the sea floor in what's known as the ocean's "twilight zone." The 3 km-long reef is one of the biggest on record.
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/19/world/coral-reef-tahiti-twilight-zon…
Watched this on the morning news , absolutely beautiful and bit deeper than most .
How good is a book sale? Not just a book sale but those open slather , everything must go second hand jumble sales featuring trestle loads of secondhand and donated books of each and every description.
They’re invariably dirt cheap - 20 books for $20. Amazing finds to be had if you’re lucky but often it’s just grabbing a bunch of books you may fancy. Nothing gambled cause they’re so cheap. You’re mingling with other readers and, like early risers, they tend to be good people.
I’m a sucker for a bit of old edition Australiana. Couple that with anything related to nature and I was unsurprisingly stoked to find a naturalist guide to Australia from 1944. Hand illustrated by an author who simply works his way through his extensive knowledge of plant , animal and mineral of our island continent. Inscribed as a birthday gift four score years ago.
Also found a little pocket book of first account stories from regional Australians from a hundred years ago -“ Notes from a bark hut”. Could be rubbish, could be irreplaceable perspectives of a time we couldn’t accurately perceive from our modern era.
Think I’ll head back next week.
Good score, Blowin. Some gems there.
Picked some good ones eg the Naked Island. Reminded me to have a crack at Breath. A few of his others that I have read I have annoyed me in places but can’t deny his ability as a writer
I've just read this Zen and you Sir, are a fucking Champion ! Great work caring for mans best friend , may you score a 10 second barrell and come out behind the spit at you next session .
Good on you Zen. Great outcome thanks to you.
Many, many good karma points your way, Zen.
Cheers guys. Last I checked, he is moving his back legs which is a good sign. He's got a long road ahead but he's now in good hands.
Great news indeed, Zen!
In other good news I surfed the closest thing to Kirra that NZ has. It was bloody good, and just me. Still celebrating.
Where would that be, IB?
Long, hollow, sand bottom.
Talk dirty to me, IB
For a fee, doggo, hahaha
Need any new DS IB, I'll be your courier from Aust
Good news, excellent work
@udo , saw the cardiologist yesterday . He put me on verapamil hydrochloride. Recommended that I get catheter ablation in a year’s time ( bit hard to get surgery atm ) in the mean time with this medication I should be all good for HIT training and surfing. 2 mates have had this procedure and all good now, no further medication. https://www.svhhearthealth.com.au/procedures/procedures-treatments/cath… Amazing what they can do these days .
Yew gd stuff...go nice n steady ol boy...
Running for the rest of today and all tomorrow, needessentials are donating all profits to Mudyala Aboriginal Corporation. From their website:
"If you need equipment today profits made will be passed onto Mudyala Aboriginal Corporation to help support Aboriginal youth in Northern NSW. Mudyala supports young people and their families to connect and engage with education in a comfortable and culturally appropriate manner."
"This applies to all needessentials products and starts at 12 noon on the 25th and runs all day on the 26th January 2022."
Great news and more than well deserved to see Dylan Alcott being awarded the Australian of the Year award.
Yes Craig, an excellent recipient, congratulations Dylan
This book is a great read on history of heart surgery and care.
Incredible progress.
https://www.amazon.com.au/Heart-Healers-Mavericks-Greatest-Breakthrough…
That is good news Supa, stoked for you.
Yep been on the medication for a few days now, just had a 3 hour surf at the local and no problems. Apparently this medication caters well to those that do rigorous exercise and keeps the heart in good check .
Sweet, good to hear of a positive outcome. stay well and get barrelled.
Thanks blackers, I’m hanging out to surf some reefs, indo is beckoning.
Here's a little update on Fluffy (now Rocky).
Hope the link works as I don't have FB but basically he's been moved on to a rescue service with more resources. They're located on a US naval base. He's got a long road ahead but looks like he's in good hands.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158324318325178&id=255684…
Sweet Zen, he has joined the navy. Great news.
Here’s a screenshot of what’s posted on Facebook zen , this all started because of your kindness, well done .
mekong native crossword
Thanks Supa, didn't realise how badly he was really hurt, poor bugger. I'm sure he's gonna find a good home. He is such a gentle dog despite what he's been through.
You're a good human zen. Who's cutting onions?
https://en-gb.facebook.com/PAWSYOKOSUKA/
(No need to join FB to follow his progress)
Here ya go zen , that link sprout put up had 96 comments that were mainly asking how to donate . This picture is a week old so I wouldn’t be surprised if they hadn’t already met their target .
I think this post is 2 hours old
Finally, a good use for facebook! Cheers Supa.
Thanks Guys, I hope the surgery goes well.
I'm just so hoping he can re-start his life with someone that will value him.
That's amazing. Good news indeed.
How good, epic news!