More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
I am. Against the 15min city thing, that is.
To hell with them.
it's ok it they build it...
build it and they will come and all that
it's about how 'they' enforce it
and, we've had a glimpse into that...
Exactly.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-14/proposed-port-macdonnell-wind-fa…
If any proposal for building 70 huge towers off any coast was proposed for any other purpose than wind power it would lead to local and national protests from all sides of the political and environmental spectrum on multiple grounds.
Bob Brown is no fan.
https://bobbrown.org.au/story/offshore-windfarms/
Now replicate the port MacDonnell proposal all around our coasts a thousand times ....
Must be better options.
Anyone got any thoughts on the call to either not reprint Ronald Dahl’s books or to re-write parts of them?
I think his name is much better rewritten as Ronald.
I always wondered if they forgot the ‘n‘ on his birth certificate and it just kinda stuck?
I'm in the middle of reading 'The Invisible Man', for the first time. A book from 1897. He wrote the term 'I worked like a nigger' in it. When I read it, I did a double take, but it was the vernacular of the time and to change it would be to mess with H.G. Wells' creation.
If Cardi B can write about WAP and every second RAP song uses the N word, then 'who gives a flying **ck about Rohald Dahl using words like 'fat' or 'ugly'?
The world has gone PC mad.
Not that I'm a massive fan, but check out some of Ricky Gervais' thoughts on offending people.
What if, like Ronald's birth certificate, it was simply a typo and he meant to say that Augustus Gloop was fast?
My 2 cents worth. Keep them as they were written, geez if you are going to be offended don't read them. If in a school situation, let the kids know the historical context etc. My daughter loved reading 'The Twits' and they want to leave out words such as fat and ugly???
Anyway reckon what Ricky says is spot on, his stand up on Netflix nails it.
Or he meant to say Mike TV was a smart-arsed little prick.
I‘m sure I read that in the book somewhere?
Fast at eating, which is why he was fat.
Shit
Steve Hughes nailed it.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Yep. Seen it before, but good to re-watch. Perfect.
We've got a set of the audio books of Ro(n)ald's collected works on CD. Our kids loved them. Mind you I swear like Al Swearengen from Deadwood so it was all a bit mild. Probs best to leave them where they are, but its a commercial decision, so let them live with the consequences of it.
it's just weird...
isn't the whole point of calling gloop boy fat to teach kids a lesson not to eat 10 chocolate bars a day?
it is just more sheltering of kids (adults?) from reality...
kids stories, stories... nearly always have a subtle moral message, now, a certain cohort is working so hard on sanitising the world you cannot even call a glutonous fat kid fat... its a form of insanity...
then, at the other end of the scale, disney has gone full wokeazoid...
and has given up on any subtleties...
its gone full angry shouting in your face hate filled propaganda...
(with little kid's entertaiment value it would seem)
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-23/storm-chaser-snaps-upwards-light…
Selfie of the year so far, not sure if it'll be topped: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/22/pentagon-pilot-selfie-chi…
Wow that’s cool
Here’s another weather one. I’ve never seen anything like this.
https://apple.news/A9TFThzP6TRGaRnmDKyLQ-Q
Fark!!!
Seeds, see those scuddy features all the time just ahead of southerly busters etc and severe thunderstorms. When you see them, almost spinning and growing on themselves, you know the air is really unstable with mixing air masses.
Cheers. I’m gunna keep an eye out.
Holy shit. No chance for the poor buggers.
Awful
Silly Boy
Agree Craig. My wife and I coined them ‘dementors’ quite a few years ago, and apparently so did others who saw this photo. They are pretty regular, at least over the water as a storm front gathers. Probs have quite a few photos of them, having taken more photos of clouds than anything else on my phone.
Double post. The iPad froze!
Farkin hell. The world is such a weird place.
I like the way the driver made sure the kid didnt fall whilst getting off the bus before sending him on his way with a right hook.
Caloundra bar nearly completed closed now, some great pics in the article: https://www.sunshinecoastnews.com.au/2023/02/24/sand-jam-images-show-ch…
Wow thats crazy, decent beachies there now when swell?
I lived about a kilometre from there about twenty years ago for a bit, use to surf the bar whenever it broke, heaps of potential and occasionally you would get a good one but was a kunt of a wave so hard to be in the right spot.
Had a few pretty alright surfs out there this yr. Surfed somewhere else in the last cyclone but some mates said the bar wasn’t really holding the swell on the Sunday morning, which was the big morning with a nice light northerly, not sure if they were bullshitting..!
Hmm I was living at moffs 20yrs ago.
I walked over to Nth Bribie yesterday evening at 6pm low tide. Through the channel it was knee deep on yesterday evening’s low. It’s ankle deep around the outer eastern bank.

Walked down to the new entrance. Looks set up for a left but it’d have to have a north swell maybe more so than the old bar. Wonder if anyone checked on that first pulse of Gabrielle.
When do we get the interview with Torren ?
He’s back on top
After many years of keeping the media at bay - but not social media of course - Kelly Slater has lately been doing the rounds of the non-endemics.
You may have seen him appear on a video for Wired magazine answering questions from Twitter such as "why do surfers use wax?"
Today, he's appeared in another video, this time for Conde Nast Traveller, wearing exactly the same duds (obviously not a reversible Outerknown shirt) telling non-surfers about Hawaii.
Curiously, about a month ago Slater's people contacted Swellnet for an interview. I registered interest and, as requested, sent them a list of questions we'd be asking, also telling them who'd be asking them. They were all softball questions; interesting but miles away from anything controversial.
Then, despite them contacting us for an interview, we got turned down for the interview.
Like a driver who pulls up and asks for directions, then disputes the answer.
Anyway, it was all very confusing....actually, no it wasn't. It was mildly bemusing, especially to see the media that is getting a pass mark from Slater's people.
"Like a driver who pulls up and asks for directions, then disputes the answer."
Haha.
He obviously doesn't want the hard questions from the likes of you Stu. Has nothing to say, more about expanding his market I spose.
Wouldna been me asking them. I put Steve's name down as the interviewer.
Maybe that explains it.
Must be scared of the 'Outsider"
Most likely a deliberate strategy of courting mainstream puff pieces to keep Slater elevated as a marketable sports icon and put pressure on WSL to gift him wildcards if he fails to make the cut.
Reckon if he put on a few more kilos he'd start looking like Jason Stevenson.
Or sell some more boards (or both). Here's another recent post. He's ubiquitous.
He's full of shit. Legendary surfer for sure but I never thought of him as some intelligent person.
“ Curiously, about a month ago Slater's people contacted Swellnet for an interview. I registered interest and, as requested, sent them a list of questions we'd be asking, also telling them who'd be asking them. ”
Imagine having been in the publics eye for 40 odd years and still being this desperate for publicity
Trying to improve his online content, presence and image after getting splashed across the net as a nut job conspiracy theorist and anti-vaxer etc.
Drowning out the negative publicity and content with new online content that has increased and prioritised visibility and exposure in the search engine and social media algorithms.