More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
I was having an off-the- cuff ramble, so more than happy to hear other points of view.
So Ben you'd disagree if I said there's less 'rustic' camping grounds than 30 years ago, and the ones that remain are more formalised and crowded?
And I reckon that camping at somewhere like Sandon is bloody expensive and arguably out of reach of the working class Jo for an extended stay.
I've actually modified my life so that I get a three day weekend over Wednesday, Thursday and Friday so as to specifically avoid traditional weekends.
All the free camping areas on the banks of rivers like the Clarence, Nymboida etc have a population of semi-permanent grey nomads with a coupla hundred grand worth of kit - I really think that rising accommodation costs and cashed up boomers and other travellers have been a game changer compared to when I first went across Oz in the early 90s.
Yeah south east Queensland is a horror show, there's no way they can build infrastructure fast enough to keep up with population growth.
Koalas in the Brisbane - Gold Coast corridor will surely be wiped out.
I can't compare to what it was like 30 years ago in Northern NSW (and totally understand it may have changed a lot). And sure, there are (probably) a lot less rustic camps than before. But.. I'm not sure how this could scenario could have been steered any other way.
My camping 30 years ago was mainly throughout SA, and I gotta say places like Yorkes are a shitload better now than what they used to be, because of the hard work NPWS have done to fence off the dunes, install walking paths/wooden platforms, and ban the taking of local wood for fires etc.
FWIW, receipts from my last camping trip in a speccy National Parks spot was $73.80 (2 adults, 2 kids in a camper trailer, for 2 nights) . Seems to be a reasonable price for me, I believe tent camping is much cheaper too, which is what I would have been doing up until about five years ago.
Unsure of the pricing at Sandon (every time we've tried it's been booked out months in advance) so it may be more expensive - but it's also jammed in too, not my style TBH.
Have used Wikicamps a few times with great results. Very few options on the coast though, for obvious reasons.
Andy the Youcamp websites are just adding another level of shit to the show. A mate of mine has a remote shack which is part of a cluster of about 6 shacks. Key access only. Absolute paradise. You never see another person there most times.
One of the shack owners then decided to advertise on Hipcamps and paradise is now lost. It's like a bogan version of AirBnB. Their Instagram page even had a photos with old mate hipster camping right on the foreshore reserve and even listed it as dog friendly. Nothing on their page about where you can take a shit or put your rubbish as there isn't anywhere.
So now it's all "Trespassers Will Be Prosecuted" signs everywhere and security cameras on the shack to deter would be delinquents. This might not be the case with all Hipcamp/Youcamp locations but I sincerely doubt it.
Yikes, that doesn't sound good.
Some of those YouCamp sites are great, but watch out for the fine print, some are “BYO Toilet”, like that’s going to happen.
One such place on the MNC is metres away from a coastal lagoon and not far from the beach. the adjoining bush and National Park camp site is now full of You Camping Crap.
50+yrs of diggin a hole and burying it with a twig marking "soiled area" thinking i was a "considerate camper"...NOT anymore! i've bought a cassette toilet and it goes with me on trips.
govt must legislate law like nz did before it's too late.
Murray Bourton :
Gordon Merchant’s shapes inspired me
He invented the tucked edge rail and it’s still used to this day.
One of the most amazing images I've ever seen!
What a moment.
Geez what a Fantastic pic. ^
---------------------------------
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/12/7/afghan-taliban-carry-out-first…
https://www.wired.com/story/everyone-is-sick-right-now/?bxid=5f97fa2c49…
Absolutely no idea why everyone is sick right now........
@burleigh really? Is everyone really sick right now? I can't see it, had the kids' birthday the other day and everyone showed up. No one at work is sick, where is this idea that everyone is sick coming from?
From the link the Udo posted
That's in the US and a little bit of Europe. Are you saying it's the same here? Are viruses coming back with a vengeance after the lockdowns? Or is there some other reason for it (covid vaccine being somehow related)?
Been lots of nasty non-Covid flus around here.
They're due to isolation and extra cleanliness not allowing the body to deal with what should be minor issues.
Nothing to do with the Covid vax, only silly people would draw that conclusion.
Yep, lots of friends and peeps around here have been getting bad colds, flu or COVID. Tons of weddings and gatherings where they've been spreading like wild fire.
Seems that twitter was a cooked, biased propaganda and disinformation service based on political ideology, covid, etc.
It's like they fancied themselves as gods with some divine right and wisdom to choose what content was given exposure.
looks like they're going to keep going with this stuff pretty indefinitely
Will Elon produce a movie about it ?
Brutal article on Greg Norman.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/golf/we-need-to-talk-about-greg-norman-…
mind blowing ay!
not the revelation ...turns out 'the feels' were 100 percent correct, ...and then some...
but the reaction... truly mind blowing... terrifying.... just more denial, distractions, and '...its not me, its the other guy...'
no one cares.... just more...
'orange man bad'
'murdoch, fox, murdoch!!!
'conspiracy theory' ...they cried...
again, again, and again...
'people are too difficult to coordinate at such scale' ... 'you cannot herd cats' ... blah blah fucken blah...
fucken laughable
but the machine rolls on... protecting its own
'democracy under attack' ...they say...
sure is... but it certainly ain't from where the loudest voices point!
scary times, just lap it up and shut up, or else...
investigations pending
I’ve never heard of these formations before. Anyone?
https://apple.news/AR9oGvfMISjWeOZa8Ku2Mxw
I recall a wotd some time back showing the same. Stu?
Yeah Kelvin Helmholtz instability!
222kmh in 22 knots of wind!
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/team-new-zealand-break-wind-powered-la…
Musk is definitely going to create some controversy with his latest tweets.
and a classic fauci clipMusk is definitely going to create some controversy with his latest tweets.
and a classic fauci clipAnd more from Musk- anyone tried the AI Chatbot? I asked it a question- in nanoseconds I got an answer. Might see if I can put the words into practice!
" how can i become the best surfer in the world?
To become the best surfer in the world, you will need to develop a combination of physical fitness, mental toughness, and technical skill. Here are some steps you can take to improve your surfing abilities:
1. Practice regularly to develop your strength, endurance, and coordination. Surfing is a physically demanding sport, so you will need to train your body to be able to handle the challenges of the ocean.
2. Learn from experienced surfers and coaches. There is a lot of technique involved in surfing, and the best way to improve is to learn from those who have already mastered the sport.
3. Choose the right equipment for your level of skill and the conditions you will be surfing in. A good board and wetsuit can make a huge difference in your performance.
4. Develop a positive mental attitude and learn to stay focused and calm in the face of challenges. Surfing is as much a mental game as it is a physical one.
5. Keep pushing yourself to try new things and improve your skills. Surfing is a lifelong pursuit, and the best surfers are always looking for ways to take their abilities to the next level.
6. Compete in local and regional surf contests to gain experience and exposure. This will help you to develop your competitive skills and build your reputation as a surfer.
7. Be persistent and don't give up. Becoming the best surfer in the world will take time and dedication, but with hard work and determination, you can achieve your goal."
https://www.newsweek.com/elon-musk-takes-aim-top-immunologist-prosecute…
Not just Tulsi Gabbard that’s been falsely linked with WEF
Elon is going all in on fauci
Yeah wow. Rough.
Glad someone had a look.
I thought it was an extraordinary piece.
I was going to say Mr Ritz should harden up, for his pre-interview experience is just how Australians talk sometimes, particularly if they are tired and don't want to talk. Stoicism + no tolerance of wordy bullshit.
But the other dark triad of personality features that cropped up in the article, yes, it's a hit piece, and yes, it interviews those burned/enemies, but yeah.
The media scrutiny and public adoration must've driven him up the wall, in his defence.
Although at the same time he seemed to court that attention and was happy to make a buck off it at every turn.
I have little doubt he was a prick but that article made me feel a bit uncomfortable.
Brutal last line.
Brutal photo.
Ah Andy, that can’t be unseen.
Heh heh
Wow indeed regarding the article. He sounds like a narcissistic wanker.
Yeah wanker! Gave up surfing to hit little white balls into holes... :-)
You guys are just jealous cos you don't have your own statue.
One day VJ, one day haha.
Navalny on SBS now. Wow.
Great read. thanks Andy.
Some sanity:
https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/procedural-error-auction-of-untouched…
Beautiful looking place
Jonathan Pie , he needs to do a piece on Australia or is this it ?
Love it. Stop caring for the people SF ya pleb. The answer is out there but we can’t find the money
Pleb ? I resemble that !