More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Think Ill get a rashie made up with the phrase printed-
"Melbournite- keep safe keep your distance"
Might get a few more set waves :-)
Now and then it is good to pull back and look at the big picture and realise just how much worse off we would have been had we followed the policies suggested by our resident band of LCC anti-social fuckwits.
Current US deaths 873,000. Current Australian deaths 2666.
No doubt the fuckwits will claim this had nothing to with our use of lockdowns, ttq, masking and higher vaccination levels....but the reality is simple; had we gone down the path of the US, based on population size and very similar age distribution, our deaths would almost certainly have reached somewhere around 80,000.
.... and no I wasn’t referring to / thinking of you in my original post above and yes I remember what you said about respect for nurses
BB , I am amazed you claim to have once been a teacher. Where are your communication skills in trying deliver your message?
the constant insults and belittling of people who have different views and education to you I find quite astounding to the point where you are and have become quite antagonistic and disrespectful in your constant insults...can't we all just back off on the personal shit , and try to stay rational and logical?
“I’m trying to bring peace to the community by showing the hateful and bitter divisionists amongst us in their true colours.”
How could anyone think otherwise.
Antagonistic being the key word Brutus, they’re the ones that usually get the boot from this website. Pretty sure the whole post was baseless too, I’ve not seen anyone on here he is describing
Roadkill that’s exactly what he’s doing, you on the other hand are also constantly trying to antagonise and divide
No surprise you take that lane…as is expected.
Blowin, is the most hateful and bitter divisionists amongst us.
This forum is out of control language and insult wise imo, zero moderation. You can say whatever you want to people, re sexual choice, race, words you never hear anymore in everyday use.
Wouldn't surprise me if someone doesn't take legal action against SN for peoples details and drag them into court, happens on social media.
Just cause you use some dodgy name doesn't mean you can't get found out.
Be careful Ben and co, if you are going to have a forum and let it run loose cause you don't have time for it, might in for a shock.
brutus, I call it as I see it, as I did during my teaching career. We are adults here so it is expressed more bluntly, but part of a teacher's role is to make it clear to kids when their behaviour is unacceptable.....acting like dickheads, if you like. There are numerous people on this site who have a long history of posting deliberate toxic misinformation about public health measures. Lack of education might be an excuse first time around but after that it is wilful ignorance, which is unforgiveable on these issues. Antagonistic? Yeh well why not? When the pricks throw out insults that they would never use face to face I throw them back with added sauce. That's Swellchan for you....a sewer of bullshit, misinformation, hostility and insults......but apparently it makes a decent quid for the owner. If you are so easily offended, stay away is my advice.
"That's Swellchan for you....a sewer of bullshit, misinformation, hostility and insults......"
And that's just Blindboy - you should read some of the stuff other people write.
Some of you guys need to check your xenophobic tendencies. That’s why a pro vaccine individual like me goes into bat for anti vaxxers. Just chill, people are allowed to be different...
NoVax…game, set, match…Australia.
Gooooone.
Embarrassing day to be a true blue Aussie
Maybe you can sleep with the bedside light off tonight now that the big bad bogeyman has been kicked out?
Door still double bolted of course.
Serious question- Do you ever read a headline and ponder if there might be an ulterior motive behind it or do you just immediately parrot the latest trending outrage?
Nothing against parrots. I had a pet parrot once. It was extremely obese. Unfortunately, it died and and though I was initially sad , I’ve got to admit that it was like a weight had lifted from my shoulder.
This may come back to bite Australia on the backside . Politics and sport are never a good mix .
I guess that is the end of Kelly's career too.
Just on this, because I just don’t want to comment on so much that has gone down here, it has been standard for decades in the public service and pretty much any reasonable sized business that employees are not allowed to talk to the media about the business/dept they work in.
Every public servant from 1980s onwards would, or should, know that. Any bank employee, any big mining employee, probably the guy at the local coffee shop isn’t allowed to comment to the media about the business they work for. Many have been sacked for it and the industrial courts uphold the sackings. A woman who wrote under a pseudonym on social media got found out (she was careless) and she was sacked from the Federal public service.
There’s nothing untoward in it, it was around for literally decades before the pandemic. A major part of the reason why I have always written under a pseudonym.
Having said that, I have read numerous columns from doctors and nurses in the msm all under the sobriquet ‘anonymous’!
Just saying.
Yeah, that time you said “I’m trying to bring peace to the community”
You just can’t not post bitter and angry and divisive.
Peace to you, Mother Teresa.
The hideous part of this whole episode is the demonstration of how reckless Scummo can be with his sociopathic dictates in pursuit of political advantage.
The eyes of the whole world on him and Scummo is baring his teeth at a tennis player invited into the country to whack balls over a net for “ threatening civil disorder “ for fuck’s sake.
Scummo has no floor to how low he will stoop.
BB , so you treat people on these forums who disagree or don't have your education , like the kids you taught when their behaviour is, in your eyes , unacceptable....so you really have no interest in having a civil debate , as you feel you have the right to stoop to the same behaviour as "the dickheads" as you call them....doesn't that the make you the same in lowering your self to insulting behaviour?
I am no offended at all , just a bit stunned by all the bullshit that goes back and forth , especially when it comes from people who should know better......this whole post is about Covid overload forecaster.....which is in our faces at the moment.....
I personally don't really care who thinks they are right or wrong...but I do care about the current reality of our health system , the vulnerable and the consequences of bad political judgement which has created our current crisis!
I was hoping the Swellnet reset was going to happen organicaly on this forum.
Instead we have a continuatin of Burliegh's bullshit, Blowin's diatribes and Blindboy's zealotism.
Time to shut down this thread Ben and Stu.
Mother Theresa?
Bloke, if you’d said some of the things to me in real life instead of on here, such as taking the piss out of my Mum being hospitalised and relentlessly claiming I lied about it, you’d need to be strapped to the roof of the attending ambulance because they’d never fit you in the back with that Penny farthing hanging half way out of your arse.
Apart from that I’m an extremely fair minded and even tempered individual who is dismayed at the attempts of yourself, and people like you, to alienate and expel an otherwise innocent section of our community just because they reserve the right to determine whether or not they need a vaccine that doesn’t prevent infection and does extremely little to prevent sickness and death in the majority of people.
Particularly when their decision doesn’t affect you in any genuine manner.
About 3% of ICU beds in NSW are occupied by unvaccinated people. You worry about not enough ICU beds …..give Scummo a call. I’ve got a solid feeling that you helped vote him in bloke. So it’s YOUR fault.
Or…you could switch off your computer and go away.
Everyone would win!
I was hoping the Swellnet reset would happen on this forum. A forlorn hope it appears.
Instead we have Burliegh's bullshit, Blowin's diatribes and Blindboy's zeolotism.
Time to shut down this thread Ben and Stu.
It would be better for me if you did.
And everyone else.
I’m with you mattlock . No light is shed here, but plenty of heat.
Yeah, I could turn my computer off, or go to other sites where I might learn something (I have and I did), or better still Blowin could shut down 2 or 3 of his computers and leave it to those who are interested in a diversity of views.
Shut this one down Ben. It’s a steaming pile of merde.
You Blowin, are the most toxic contributer on Swellnet.
No point , it will just start on another thread , its the topic on ( nearly ) everyone’s mind , why would you shut it down ? There has been good exchanges and some that just go over the top . People on both sides are angry, some come here to vent their frustrations. Let them vent , live and let live.
For sure bloke. You’re so interested in a “diversity of views” that you want the views which divert from your own shut down.
You’re the merde bloke. But you’re not steaming, you’re dull and congealed. Even as dung you’re uninteresting.
Next time you visit other sites to learn, you should try to learn how to avoid being boring. Big mountain for you to climb there bloke. Challenge yourself!
And you’re a nonentity.
Swellnet is entertainment and you’re as entertaining as stale Black and Gold bran flakes.
Tell your ( non existent) story walking bloke.
"but the reality is simple; had we gone down the path of the US, based on population size and very similar age distribution, our deaths would almost certainly have reached somewhere around 80,000"
You should really have a look into the respective health metrics of both nations before making false assumptions such as these. Where does 80,000 come from? How was that extrapolated. Age distribution the only comparable metric now? Not likely BB. America is ranked within the top 10 of the most unhealthy nations in the world across a variety of health measures, particularly obesity and obesity related illness/disease. Plenty of peer reviewed literature on the “obesity epidemic in America”. Perfect storm. You demand critical thinking from others, yet here is a bleedingly obvious case of apples and oranges that you fail to account for as you pull numbers out of thin air.
Another recent quote from you:
“There are numerous people on this site who have a long history of posting deliberate toxic misinformation about public health measures.”
What was misinformation last year, is now the known truth, as we know it. Information is evolving constantly; what we knew last week is different to what we know now, what we knew last year…and so on. Policy and health measures are constantly in flux, truths are being shown to be half truths or a misinterpretation. Give crew a break, people are doing their best to keep up.
Yeah sure there is a lot of pointless back and forth in this thread, but it's easy to skim over, there is also plenty of good discussion in this thread too.
BTW. Blowin is a bit over the top in this thread, but he is not even close to the most toxic contributor.
So with novax deported, does this mean all the movie stars that keep on arriving will be going through the same bullshit? I guarantee they won’t all be jabbed, or not enough political points in clean smiling white people?
Hey Burleigh. I think you spelt "I was wrong, vaccinated people are much less likely to die of covid. Sorry for spreading absolute bullshit" incorrectly.
I feel blowin is much more popular here than RK, Blindboy & Vic.
So there it is Blowin....SN is entertainment for you , so that's really while you come here to entertain yourself .....makes sense , so nothing you say here is serious or true...it's all about Blowin been entertained.....!
You're about as entertaining and toxic as a fart in an elevator blowin.
BH 30% of Australian adults are obese. The figure is about 40% in the US. The 80,000 is based on Australia's population of 25 million being a tenth of the US 250 million. They have had 873000 deaths so I divided by 10 and yes, allowed for the health difference.
Good to see Mother Teresa spreading the peace with numerous others,
Who knows the story of the frog and the scorpion?
https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/as-we-feared-antivaxxers-…
So what’s the explanation for countries with low deaths, low vaccination and no real lockdowns and terrible health systems ?
You see todays stats in NSW? I posted it for you earlier
"So what’s the explanation for countries with low deaths, low vaccination and no real lockdowns ?"
Give me an example and I will have a look. I suspect diferent countries have a variety of different factors.
This is my favourite part Toadkill
“We predicted this, we said there would be a tsunami here, everyone predicted it would sweep through the pockets of the unvaccinated.”
Fear fear fear. Jab jab jab
Systems going into meltdown , so lets talk about stats and who's right or wrong, so bloody sad and a waste of time and energy......Meltdown in the USA health system sound familiar...??
America's hospitals and health systems are seeing rapid increases in inpatient and ICU admissions as the Omicron wave of COVID-19 sweeps the nation. With more than 55 million total cases to date in our country and a heartbreaking 800,000 deaths and counting, hospital teams are pressed beyond belief.
As they respond, America's hospitals and other facilities have not been spared the supply chain challenges that many faced leading up to the holidays. One less visible but very serious aspect of our service should concern everyone: making sure we have the necessary workforce to care for patients.
Millions of American workers have either quit or changed jobs in recent months. It's been called the Great Resignation or the Big Quit, and it is affecting many employers, including the healthcare field.
Data is painting a dire situation for hospitals. A recent survey suggests that one in five healthcare workers has left their job since the start of the pandemic. In addition, the Bureau of Labor Statistics found that hospital employment decreased by almost 100,000 from February 2020 to September 2021.
https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/second-opinions/96681?xid=nl_mpt_D…
Yes I have seen the NSW statistics today YOU ABSOLUTE MORON. 20 deaths. 70% were vaccinated 30% weren't. Given the percentage of people unvaccinated (and given unvaccinated people are much more likely to be very young, it's obvious to anyone without shit for brains that unvaccinated people are very much overrepresented in the death stats.
Hey Burleigh, it takes a very special brand of stupid to take a staunch position on a subject and then point to evidence that contradicts that position.
You're a very special person burleigh. but not in a good way.
You are so stupid burleigh.
https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/as-we-feared-antivaxxers-…
I suppose the doctors in this article are part of some grand conspiracy?
Just wanna say an unreserved apology for yesterdays rant to you Roadkill. I was pretty hammered watching the cricket and definitely let my emotions get the better of me. Might not agree with you or how you go about things. No need to talk to someone i don't know like that. Sorry.
Making stuff up again to suit yourself and your pity party.