More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Awesome , cool pics. Jojo might want to ease up on the Coopers though.
I had a diary as a kid, but man how much better are modern day phone photo libraries for jogging the memory. Love going through old stuff just searching different times. Come to think of it, it’s a shame that diary ever went in the bin. It would be a laugh to have a read of it now
What a beauty keegs, Classic
Some great shots there shoredump
Bit more on Molly, watch the video and put a smile on your dial
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9976405/Adorable-story-rescue-…
Dogs are the best people
Speaking of maggies and good photos...
Magpie swooping a cyclist, caught by rear-facing helmet camera:
Such a fantastic photo. I know how to use imgbb for photo's but don't know how to post link for video. I love magpie's, they are so frigin cool
Cool maggie pic Stu. Just for clarification though, it was from a motor biker, not cyclist
https://australian.museum/learn/species-identification/ask-an-expert/wh…
I've been away for two months and Mr Einstein (one very smart magpie) has not visited the house during that time according to the misses. Yesterday I pull into the driveway and within 2 minutes I shit you not, he's out on the back railing calling me
https://ibb.co/m4SPMHQ
Wife doesn't put food out?
(Great photo BTW)
He recons she's a witch haha, I didn't say that
How do I post a video, he's even more amazing with all his mimicking
Cool pic seaslug, as are all the others above.
In Imgbb after you upload look for the 'Embed Codes' box, choose 'HTML full-linked' and hover to the right of the link where a 'copy' button appears. Hit copy and paste here.
I think you might have to upload it to youtube first, then it's just a matter of copying the embed code.
Awesome seaslug! Obviously sharkeyes don't work on Maggies
Cheers Westofthelake, here he is inspecting and giving approval of the DS, lovely colours was his statement. The other is his young protégé
Ok, I'll see what I can do with youtube, thanks.
Here we go
Ha ha...you chuck some coffee beans in the bird seed?
Beautiful.
In one fell swoop that just made me really homesick.
Vetafarm Insecta Pro and top shelf mince does the job
Haha sounds like an old school dial up modem!
Isn’t nature and that Maggie amazing, that was beautiful seaslug, thanks for posting.
28's, kookaburra, mopoke, barking dog, wolf whistles, something in english and other birds I'm still trying to determine
He also learnt the whistle that I call him with and now he whistles me with it when he arrives.
"They say a dog is a man's best friend, but how many canines do you know that consider a magpie their mate?"
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-10/meet-unlikely-friends-peggy-the-…
Its fantastic hey, I posted it earlier in the week on this thread, here is a bit more on more on Molly, watch the video and put a smile on your dial
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9976405/Adorable-story-rescue-s...
Classic seaslug. The magpie doing the dog bark is farking hilarious, sounds like a little Chihuahua!
Yep. The boobook is pretty damn good too.
Yeah that's pretty cool seaslug.
I'm also blessed to have created a bit of a bird sanctuary at my humble abode . They get a small amount of food most arvos and for that I'm rewarded with basically having wild pets. Many of them can be hand fed and love a pat or a scratch.
Such unique characters amongst them , as Mr Einstein is testament to.
I built a birdfeeder a few years ago and while it attracts mostly sparrows, it's kinda nice to hear them get excited when I walk out the front door with the dog. In summer they kind of drop off to a few because there's plenty of tucker around but in winter it's packed. I really miss the variety of birdlife that you find anywhere back home in Oz.
Same I think Blowin, boobook and mopoke
Thanks for all the nice comments guys, I told Mr Einstein and he's strutting around with a puffed up chest hehe
Has anybody got any idea what this bad boy is? I saw it this morning cruising and it was really cool. The appendage is actually the rear and as it walks it kinda waves it up and down. It's about 5cm long and the diameter of your pinky finger.
I downloaded the iNaturalist app. and not quite sure to use it, but it says It's a type of Hawkmoth but would only show me pics of the moth, not the caterpillar.
Anyway, can anybody expand on that? It's quite a beautiful little creature imo.
Looks like this guy!
Yep, that's him.
down a dirt track, along a beach and around and over the headland .....
Nice just found it ;)
Always worth the extra effort eh, even just for some peace and quiet along with a bit of an adventure.
That's for sure Craig, on an otherwise flat day it was lots of fun
Had a special audience with this gorgeous King Parrot this evening..
Beautiful.
My second favourite Aussie bird after the Regent Bowerbird.
Craig ... Great pictures thank you!
Superb fairy wrens in Jan Juc carpark this morning made my day.
great pics Craig
That 1st pic is red hot Craig, awesome.
I do like a KP, they are always good value. Great shots Craig.
We have a growing flock of these little feckers in our hood. A couple of escapees from someones avairay have turned into a dozen or so. Asian ringnecks, in all sorts of colour schemes from traditional green to white This yellow one nests in a hollow in a powerpole just down from ours.
Blackers where abouts are you in general terms? Interesting that the Ringnecks have actually established a bit of a colony in Oz, as there’s plenty of competition with other hollow nesters. In Europe there are lots of them getting around these days and they dislodge the local birds from their hollows.