More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
IndoDreaming. Good stuff, beautiful native timbers, I’ve laid both species inside (Eucalyptus pilularis) Black Butt and (Corymbia maculata) Spotted Gum and the latter outside also.
Definitely need sound fixings, spotted gum is prone to partial twisting or buckling if not fixed correctly.
You’ll get a beautiful finish. AW
yes, it has been a normal day, @jef.
Exxotixjeff. Hi.
Please don’t insert my name in your YouTube list of downloaders, I would’ve downloaded no more than three pieces, all biological in all the years I’ve been a subscriber.
You, on the other hand.
Why can’t you read an article, absorb the info, if there’s any and then using your brain write something worthy of reading, we’d be all interested.
But, your shit show is like watching a continuous Oz Lotto Draw .
Haven’t you got the message from management , they want change.
It’s the volume of shit you post that’s dulling the Forum pages.
You feel obligated to reply to everything.
You obviously live on your own. Crikey. AW
Hey , that’s what I did this morning, but it seems that nothing is really acceptable, change the rules if you don’t like the content ,
Follow the leader
You were wine ing about YouTube videos,
So I posted the highlights of a YouTube video only of up to date events ,
and still got abused by an indignant
. So how long do you think Adam 12 posts are
But no you’re not going to worry about that.
You might know about botany but you’re totally wrong about me living on my own
Oh mighty intelligent one
But oh well you know, follow on ,
You seem to think that Trump wins the election and nothing else happens,
What sort of level are you on.
what are your specific questions @jef?
feel like this stuff should be instinctual, but there you go.
If you're not sure, here's a simple @juliang checklist:
- post once a day-ish, unless engaged by others
- enjoy the things you almost post, but don't
- take any criticism onboard and say, haha
- contextualise, in words, political clips, if clips there must be
- engage with others and take an interest in the swellnet community
- share a little about yourself, you like piña coladas?
or even, just read the site without comment, look at the cams and read the reports for a while.. get a feel for it. People are up in arms about Trump, about Albanese, about vaccines, about surfboard tax, (and $6 wax), about erosion & development.. but you can't saturate others through your own glory hole.
I feel a few people have tried to help you with this (i.e @AW) and it's bewildering that you get the wrong end of the stick and think 'no politics' 'no youtube', 'no long posts' and things... no-one says this. what're your questions? just ask instead of getting indignant. you were very personable in the beginning..
(congrats to the convivial nostalgia-ists in just general surfing stuff celebrating the 700th page. epic.)
My question is, why don’t you seem to notice the volume of some of the other posters ,
but blame it all on me.
And yes I do look at the cams
Although I won’t mention which cams, if you really want to get down to levels of criticism,
And yes I am sometimes on them ,
Something that probably wouldn’t happen to you very often, seeing as how you live where you live,
Anyway, half your luck, good surfing
you watched it two and a half times?...well done, very good for a slow learner.
good luck to you, too. I enjoyed the chats I had with @juliang, and yes, very people-sparse the line-ups here, often wish there were a couple out. But you know the feeling, you've done your time in these remoter places, I believe. That's the other thing, I felt I got to know @juliang a bit, but then I'm expected to love random posts from militant denier @jef..
we have pseudonyms, but they have a history other posters get to know, those that call for 'real names' assume anyone would give a fuck, more than getting to know a person's guts in this awesome (as @vj pointed out) space.
(high volume people always get called out, so be aware, unless it's a long-time poster on an uncharacteristic roll; been nice to have @quadzilla share a bit more about his background, and more @hiccups is a good thing)
No I didn’t watch all of it ,
That was just an exaggerated guess, to make a point,
Sorry if I misrepresented you , although it was pretty interesting , the bit I did watch,
That’s up to you if you want to post that, no one’s forced to watch it.
I total agree with that, real conversation can easily get lost in a sea of Youtube videos.
That said I think Youtube videos have their place and are fine if you limit yourself to use them sparely and also give your opinion on the video, rather than just plonking it on the thread, it then becomes a talking point.
Even in the tunes thread, id much rather someone post a video and give some thought's or a related story or entice me into checking a song or band out i might not know.
Something as simple as "fuck i love the bass line in this song"
another day on swellnet...
agree @indo, aside from perhaps directing a little traffic to swellnet (a very minor perk to a very high-maintenance community service), it's cool to be able to google search words to find a past music post. If it's just the clip, there's nothing for google to grip on to.
Yeah when ive used them as flooring, ive glued and secret nailed, but as an interior wall cladding I will just secret nail it on every stud, non of the wall gets any direct sunlight either..
Yeah both really nice timbers.
BTW. I thought id take another route today looked a bit longer but through the hills and bush, but google maps was a bit misleading it ended up being dirt twisty roads, but I saw some nice gullies full of huge tree ferns and it was nice to smell that rainforest/bush smell again.
I was ignorant to the web version 1.0 references above and elsewhere, but now I get it - and agree
my take, sadly the youtube vids, for some, have just become like a 'like button...
or more so, a dislike button...
someone doesn't like what you post, or say, so they just post some youtube vid that basically says...
'you're a dickhead'
(more like fuckhead actually)
whether it gets clicked on or not... is irrelevant... the poster gets to vent, feel a bit vindicated, and get some self important king of the web points...
as to sexxyoticjeffjuliderang's videos, I'd love to know if anyone does actually click on them?
my guess is hardly anyone
that's not saying they're total rubbish... even if it's just as a study into the nuttyness of modern media... they have merit...
its just that, they're simply not the cutting edge, factoid filled, things you think they are
they are just another episode in a well worn out narrative
another episode where one knows the whole conclusion - and the 15 minutes of bullshit inbetween - just by reading the title...
and I guess that's where you get accused of being repetitive
(the fact you bag 'mainstream media' in the process, just adds endless comedy to the equation
most interesting what this ubiquitous term 'mainstream media' has come to represent...
which isn't a shot at jeffy, it's now just a bizarre pejorative, across the spectrum... up, down, left, right, and all that's in between...
almost as meaningless as the mainstream media itself)
Well that’s why I explain what a video is about, because I know a lot of people won’t bother,
Eg spykans post from X , which I know has been covered, saying that the female
Mexican President folded like a deck chair with Trump,
Which couldn’t be further from the truth,
I could have posted 3 different videos saying how she basically threatened tariffs back
And now she’s negotiating with Chinas president and possibly joining BRICS , so maybe not cutting edge but showing what is actually happening.
,And not to generalise, there are a lot of legal videos , with experienced lawyers and legal minds explaining what is happening or what might happen in different courts in different states with different judges ,which I don’t post because ?
So if you expect to see them on Channel 9
Australia there’s your funny bit.
Fair enough, it was a long lot of propaganda and watching the first ten minutes is probably enough to get the general idea of what the next 70 is about.Some people would look at who conducted the interview and not bother to waste their time too.
Tuckhead was brilliant at being a yesMan for Putin and Lavrov,neither interview was realistic and only reveals the Kremlins attempt at portraying themselves as the "good guys".
Still here
Trump’s not taking his presidential salary so I suppose he needs to make a buck somehow. Fight Fight Fight doesn’t really have the same sounding appeal as Old Spice .
Seems like a good Christmas present.
The bibles he’s selling , are they his version ? I can just picture some people with their watches, shoes , bibles & fragrance attending church .
How long until Trump merch is being sold in Kuta? You gotta get yourself some Supa.
i bet you can already get Maga caps or piss takes of them.
Hopefully , Bali wouldn’t be as dumb as
America. !
I like a bit of trashy netflix nth-americana 'reality' when i'm braindead, cooking, cleaning, etc sometimes, as an alternative to the radio.. (things like rust valley, alaskan bush people, big timber, etc.) - and I gotta say, Kings of Tupelo was a cracker. The May Bros (who made Wild, Wild Country about the cult) unfold the whacko tale with the deftness of Tiger King. To quote from the series: 'this story has all the ingredients of a great coen bros film'.
The MDG caps will be out soon,Make Dutto Great!...Ya gunna be like Biden( he put on a MAGA hat to mock Kamalamity) and wear it?
Stay tuned for the sequel, coming to a theatre near you .
For you listening pleasure
"Full interview: Donald Trump details his plans for Day 1 and beyond in the White House"
Just started it, but really this should be interesting now he is elected.
Kamala missed out again . https://time.com/7201547/person-of-the-year-2024-donald-trump-choice/
Canada vows to strike back against Trump’s economic bullying, by cutting 60 percent of the US oil ,electricity, natural gas, steel , aluminium , timber for houses etc
Joe Rogan will win Times person of the year as the World’s coolest bigot!
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/meidastouch/
Actually if you bothered to watch some of the video, it shows an actual interview with
Prime minister Trudeau and other Canadian politicians.
So don’t give a second rate video about nothing,
Your fact checkers didn’t happen to fact check
Prime Minister Trudeau ,
That’s where your lazy ostrich theory falls apart!
Well the ‘ facts ‘ are jeffy boy ,Trump isn’t in power until 20th January so everything until then is speculation on what will actually happen. Trump can say anything now but will that be implemented ? You are easily sucked in to a propaganda network and it seems MTN is your go to news source . Each to their own though . Enjoy your day .
It may be MTN but it is actually
Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada ,hitting back against your Trump heroes threats of economic tariffs .
If you think Trudeau shouldn’t worry about Trump’s chest beating,
Your seriously living under a rock,
And you have no idea what anyone said, because you don’t watch the videos you put shit on .
You don’t have to watch a 15 minute video, but don’t feel entitled to criticise it if you don’t, which you always do ?
You obviously know more about
US Canadian economics than the
Canadian Prime Minister, so why don’t you take up your well informed argument with him.
Right lolo
@ supafreak
You keep arguing in ignorance,
The whole world is having to react to the possibility that Trump will go through with his
threatened tariffs on everything,
They can’t afford not to have alternative plans,
Seems like you’re the one getting sucked into your Fox News propaganda.
That’s why you have no idea what is actually happening?
Hahaha your funniest post yet . Have you thought about changing your name to chicken little ?
@supafreak
Is that all you can say
How about changing your name to lazy MAGA ostrich ?
Obviously I’m not going to view your
juvenile tik tok ditty,
That’s typical MAGA distraction when you can’t think of anything else to say????
You claim you’re not a Trumpaphile
Funny how you always get hurt and react to anything anti maga or anti Rogan ?
It’s your choice to watch propaganda all day long. To then believe you are the only informed person on this forum, to “ what’s going on “ is simply hilarious . If someone were to post endless sky news videos promoting Trump , I would call them out too . Reuters is probably too main stream for your liking. https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-promises-25-tariff-products-mexi…
You are a great example of what 25 seconds of Tic tic does to your brain,
Your putting shit on theCanadians Prime Minister statements , when you don’t even know what he said ,
How’s that for maga s entitled arrogance.
Canada should just become part of the USA.
you’re getting delusional, medication time ?
i'm calling another glass bbq bender for old jeffrey
Your staying ignorant, but I’m sure you’ll think of another insult,
“Aw just shut up then, “ that’s a good one you can use.
Then @ burly needs to back up
Because you definitely need help there.
Just breathe
jeez this thread's awesome
Why isn’t MTN reporting this ? Does it not fit their narrative ?
^^^
it's almost as though canada is just as divided as the US...
hint: it is
and trump knows trudeau is toast...
(rightly so, the dudes the gimpyest gimp on the word stage)
and, it's pretty clear canada needs trump more than the US needs trudeau...
love or hate the guy... or fence impaled indifferent...
ya gotta hand it to him
trump is the master troller
(and quite funny)
clever...