More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Other way dude. You just can’t see it. And no matter how much you think you know I’m sure the lefty commie from the south of the States knows better.
Oh that is choice.
Nah, it’s gammon!
Wow I cant believe Trump got them deported so quickly, spewing that pro hamas trash wasn't rushed onto the plane and sent to Syria too.
"Alleged gang members sent to El Salvador get harsh reception"
Crims or not, you’re not concerned that the sitting government ignored the courts? If this is real everyone should be worried.
Trump didn’t get them deported, they were kidnapped and taken out of the country illegally, and ordered to return by a court order , which was ignored.
Do you understand what alleged means?
It means there has to be a due court process,
otherwise Donny can just point the finger at anyone he wants to,and get them thrown into prison in El Salvador , even if they are a
Pro Israel supporter.
I knew this wouldn’t occur to your rabid sense of reality.
Gotta agree with you there, Confuscious.
Yes I’m not always as dumb as you don’t think I might not be.
haha then you type that^
Most agree with you just not your MO
Geez Indo really is turning/ has turned into the SN fascist sympathiser/ cheerleader...
You do understand some of the key pillars of a democratic society is due process and the rule of law, courts, separation of power etc.
Cheer leading this is pretty frightening really, either ignorant of history or just a nasty piece of work.
Nazis did this kind of stuff to a certain group about 80 years ago...
I’m gobsmacked by his attitude to this. Is his news source so skewed or is he really championing this.
Haha then you type that
But seriously I think he must be glued onto Fox News and waiting for some “positive news “
The real reason most MAGAs voted for Trump ,was for the mass deportations
Which they’re still looking forward to.
MAGA Really means make America great again , by kicking out all the brown people.
Well, he does love Fox news and STILL doesn't know the difference between anti-zionism and antisemitism, so...
^^ yep and yep.
I’ve always flippantly looked at MAGA as really Make America White Again
Farken hell Indo. Jeez!
Fascist governments in Europe, face huge demonstrations
Countries urged to boycott America and buy military equipment from France and Italy
While Democratic governments meet in solidarity for Ukraine .
yep @jef, now THAT'S a demonstration... and what it takes to even wobble an entrenched rw leader..
(10:00 = Hungary: Peter Magyar address, Viktor Oban demonstration)
^^wow quite the shithead. Is that the era MAGA pine for?
I laughed when I read the part about the look of the typical protesters, as we had a small anti-Trump/Musk/DOGE/fascism protest here in town last week, and it was just as you described. Kind of a motley assortment of (probably very nice and certainly non-violent) people with goofy outfits and silly signs, and I thought "Hats off for actually doing something, but you probably aren't helping the cause."
Saw the Dylan pic over the weekend, ol' Pete was okay. Liked to carry his banjo everywhere apparently, so he could bust out a protest song at the drop of a cap so to speak. Good filum if you arnt a CONSWERVATIVE.
the mutha musta had it tucked perpetually poised, to profer such mother proper pluckin!
Cnut draft dodging fascist erases the real deal genuine highly decorated war hero from official government website honouring fallen war heroes for crass FRW ideological reasons …. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2025/mar/16/defense-department-blac…
Yeah maybe you should change your airline ticket to Hungary or Serbia ,
Looks a lot more inspiring!
However technically the US government isn’t an authoritarian / autocratic/ dictatorship
Government yet, so maybe the Hungarians are more pissed off.
I think Viktor Orban strolled into dictatorship relatively easily as well.
But don’t quote me on that.
Bit harsh on the good folk of the US that were out there marching @base. At least they didn't start a riot eh? ;-)
Also the numbers will build.
My ex over there said she's off to a march next weekend. Her first ever. And they're pissed. Just because they're not bashing people, and trashing things doesn't mean there's not a simmering discontent and anger.
I won't get into a back and forth about whether I understand conservative voters here in the US, as whether I do or don't can't be proven. I would point out however that I have many, many people that I know well and family members who voted for Trump. As with any voting bloc, they vary in their reasons for voting for him. As I've pointed out in previous posts, there were certainly reasons people didn't vote for Kamala, including a poor job on border security, supporting "gender-affirming" procedures for minors, etc.
That said, because I know so many of Trump supporters personally and I try to read news from sources from a wide range of perspectives, I can come to general conclusions.
1. They are, by and large, quite conspiratorial. QAnon believers. Vaccines implant micro-chips. The moon landings were fake. Climate change is a hoax. Why do they believe that way? Because they get their info from the Murdoch media, Joe Rogan, Ben Stein, FB and IG influencers, various cuckoo podcasts etc etc.
2. They are, by and large, really into guns. Which is often related to the belief that the Democrats will one day turn on them, that one world government is a thing, and various related conspiracy theories.
3. I would also take issue with what you consider "conservative." Conservatives, traditionally, were just that. They didn't want radical change. The basic premise was that taxes should be low, the welfare state minimal at best, and that people should be self sufficient. I completely understand this point of view, and I think there is a healthy situation when various parties keep the others from going too far one way or the other.
What we have here is not conservatism. It's radicalism. Conservatism was also about following the rule of law and the constitution. Today the White House confirmed that they disregarded the judges order to halt deportation flights. Because the Supreme Court granted him absolute immunity, he can now do whatever he wants. Literally whatever he wants, with no consequences.
Again, as you understandably don't have a clear picture of the current movement in the US, "conservatives" believe in a limited role for the federal government and clear checks and balances between the presidency, the courts and Congress. The opposite of what the MAGA movement believes.
Many of his supporters are also evangelical Christians, but who are OK that he is a serial philanderer, who has been found guilty of sexual assault. His right hand man, who they are also all about, is an atheist with 13 kids by various women.
Again, the opposite of people who would be supported in the past by religious conservatives.
Anyway, hopefully that gives a better idea of how things are on the ground here, at least from one person's first hand perspective.
legend for taking the time @mick, great to have more US perspectives and insights.. Couldn't agree more re 'conservative' definition.
Shame you had to actually explain the obvious @Mick66.
Not your finest moment @Indo.
Ya nailed it, Mick
Onya mick66. Sounds like troubling times for most level headed people of both sides of politics.
I understand wax24 focus is on personal health issues ( stay strong waxy ) so thanks mick66 for giving your view on how things are as you see it . Always good to hear from people that are actually living in clown town . Hope you are getting some waves Mick to keep your sanity intact . Edit……. Just spotted your post waxy , all the best buddy.
Check out @ Micks point number 1
Yep that is US resident @Micks 66 point number 1 .
Thanx Soop
Hahahaha your interpretation of what others write never ceases to amaze me .
It must really shit conservatives that 99% of good art/music/film etc is made by PWOGGRESSIVES, unless you like black metal or Death in June.
btw, I loved A Complete Unknown, and I rarely say that about music biopics.
Thanks for the informative post mick66.
It's a shame you had to put up with Indo's patronising manner.
Good post, Mick
cracked out me banjo @mattlock, pop 'round guys
if you feel like a sneaky monday night whisky..
ooooohhhhhh...!
there's a lefty commie, by the name of mick,
from the south of the states, south of the states..
a know-nothing seppo ack-cording tooooo.....
a feller from phi-llip i-sland!
(this thing writes itself ; )
hahaha gold.
I'll bring some dorritos! ;-)
Hey, thanks! Yeah, getting out a bit. Really good sandbar at the end of our street, so there's that.
Cheers basesix. I'm having one right now.
Sounds like a rum type of evening.
I'll bring my sixstring.
I only know three chords tho.
How good is it when waves are on your doorstep ? Keep posting Mick and enjoy your waves .
three chords is one more than you need for a REALLY good song!
(bring the doritos straight out the back @southern,
@VJ and his mates are rap battling in the front room
and they are hoovers this time of night)
Thanks, and btw I noticed your post the other day concerning your current health situation, so all the best with that.
hahaha just saw VJs rappin in the comp thread
VJ Rockin the mic! Yew!
I guess @ mick was wrong when he said that Trump voters were conspiratorial because they got their information from Murdochs media Fox , Joe Rogan and other luny podcasts ,
But just forget it, I know Joe Rogan told you the media had nothing to do with it . and I’m sure you can’t be wrong, and love having others point that out continually.
Oh jeffy get juliang or heeby or someone, anyone , to explain to you what was written but don’t get confused to explain it because then you won’t get a clear understanding .
Ya know...... a feature of the conspiracy thingy.... is that a person who feels they have no voice (i.e. no respect, no dignity, no prospects), or worse, feels they Had one at one time and no longer do, can become a real know-it-all and speak knowledgably on stuff in that realm. It's a kind of drug for lotsa people i know who have gone down the rabbit hole. They get a bit puffed up with it all. "Look at how smart i have been all this time!" Or something like that. When these folks were told the reason they have no voice (but once did) was because of The Left.... well.....
Yeah that’s all well and good @mick66, but @indodreaming sees what they are saying on social media, so I’m sorry you are clearly wrong and he’s right. Of course.
He thinks like them.
It doesn’t matter that you actually live there…
“ It's no different to here in Australia. you might think you understand conservatives in Australia but you dont at all.”
Condescending piece of bacteria @indodreaming.