More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
FWIW, my memory of what @bud1 refers to is that @info deleted his late Saturday(?) night posts overnight so in the morning what was left on the website was @bud1’s responses to the goading. @info doesn’t dispute that he deleted his posts.
^
Well aware of that, except the goading went all the other direction. Pages and pages of him trolling other people, ID, Blowin, me. It's amazing reading back through it all.
EDIT: To be clear, his statement about others threatening his wife predates that episode. I don't want to go over it (yet) again, but having read the page (yet) again, I'm in no doubt he's wrong. He even gets chummy with said 'offender' later down the page. It's only months and years later that he retro-fits it in his mind to be something offensive, then builds it up into what you see here.
Smellnet is, more often than not - despite the foul stench - um… quite… um… uplifting… at times.
- just gotta learn to go with the flow ;)
Sorry but your memory is wrong.
The post i deleted a few minutes after in some crazy over the top debate gone bad was me being very silly, saying i will come over and he can say it to my face. (or something to those words)
The other post i thought was still there, which was an insult towards him about the cliche of older men that marry younger filipino ladies.
Zen the nice wise guy he is, said Indo mate you should delete that you are better than that, he was right but im sure i stubbornly left it up.
Its funny though because Uplift could always pile on the abuse often quite personal for pages and pages, then if you gave some back, he would always cry foul.
Anyway honestly i just don't engage anymore with him, he can say what he likes about me.
True @stu it was willing.
On the issue of the Voice I’m finding the clarity and truth Bud1 is bringing to the discussion to be brilliant; today’s above for instance.
Bud1 does have a ‘ colourful turn of phrase’ which I understand wouldn’t necessarily make him friends here but I’m happy to look past that to read his absolute cracking gems.
FFS you really are wanting to trash the place again @info ? Are you that stupid or clever to repeat that shit again?????
Words fail me
Yeah, he posted some great stuff but, as with his many other returns, he's characteristically immoderate and I've seen it too many times to tolerate it anymore. It's OK for you to "look past that" having never been on the end of it.
Consider, I've never directed a comment to him but for eleven years I've been bombarded by him as he follows me around the forum and social media. I don't care...shit, I get paid for it, but I can see how it drives other people away.
Keep in mind, he's never been a subscriber either. Not sure why he gets off scot-free while ID cops the arrows.
Reckon there's wisdom in calling out people from your own side; not having others put up with his trolling and vitriol. Anything else is dumb tribalism.
Bud1.
Cough up for a subscription or piss off.
You played me you prick. Can’t believe it, I fell for it hook, line and sinker.
I really do need to adjust my dickheads filter ( inc. myself)
I know nothing about you or your background, I’m a new subscriber, inside the last decade, I think.
Your previous experiences with two aforementioned individuals obviously goes way back. I don’t want to know or revisit that/your shit.
Matter of fact, nobody wants to know about that shit/baggage you carry.
I genuinely engaged with you late one afternoon when you responded to a plant discussion in Botany Nerds Ahoy, at that time, being a relatively new thread, many, including me were having a lot of fun. Good positive vibe.
This was soon to change, all thanks to you. It was only ever going to be about you, correct ?
You set me up, knowing all too well, your agenda was something much more than Quandongs. You prick.
Firstly, you deliberately (ego got the better of you) posted an old newspaper clipping of three men, discussing and looking at a bag of Quandongs, you wanted us to see your name Michael Bourne, didn’t you.
You mentioned Quandongs ( Santalum acuminatum ), you had a few questions, so did I. I thought this will be good a topic not discussed often, hemiparasitic plants, you sounded like you know plants and have had experiences you could possibly share with us.
On reflection you hardly shared any info compared to what you have been sharing here over the past few days, it isn’t plant life talk I can tell you.
So, you leave the paper clipping there on the thread and I respond that evening to the heading on the clip. ‘Is it viable to grow Quandongs commercially’
I write a few words. No response, fine, that came the next morning with a ‘cock and bull’ excuse on not knowing how to upload . Well from I’ve seen of late, you certainly do know your way around a keyboard.
It’s all about you, you show photos of your home’s interior, lecturing us about weights program, healthy lifestyle fellas, your gym, chin-bar etc. your so called dream life in/on some paradisiacal island or piece of the Phillipines, yep, I’m pretty sure that’s where you are hiding.
Also, spare us the comedy, you primarily said you’d never want to disclose where you lived, in reality you wanted us to know, for fuck sake, how dumb do you think we are, you either stupidly or deliberately posted a photo of a beautiful nocturnal Tarsier which for all of us dropped a Google Earth missile on the Phillipines .
You showed and discussed your surfboards in the rack, by the look of it you are obviously in the firing line for northern hemisphere winter swells and you stated you had a 7’6” board, are we meant to be impressed, like you are some big charger or something.
Whilst a lot of debate and discussion happens on SWN daily, most paid up subscribers (not yourself) and non-subscribers, are great to engage with, topics are many and varied and really enjoyable to discuss pros and cons.
We cross the line sometimes, I know I have, but the best part of a group forum is someone will always be there to say ‘pull your head in Alfred,’ like Zen did to me this morning (thank you Zen). I hope I’m better for it.
Stu is part of the ‘firm’ I respect his voice on matters, even though I have to hold my tongue and not reply sometimes. We are NOT all the same but we can definitely all get along together on what really is a great forum.
For you Michael, I’d rather you not make contact with me at all. I’m still seething at you for playing me. It doesn’t change my view on the referendum for a Voice, but you are very good at souring the waters.
Lastly, two weeks ago, I received a beautiful custom made board I had been waiting 6 months for, a Simon Jones, MOTE 6’2” ‘Fiji’ channel bottom, round tail model, what craftsmanship and guess what, it’s a TWIN FIN
How’s that grab ya. AW
I'll be voting no simply because of the last three years are anything to go by, we can not trust ANYTHING the governments say. Wolves in sheeps clothing.
What I would expect from you Burls.
Nobely idealistic.
Somewhat lacking in pragmatism.
Hey Burleigh, like you, most of my Aboriginal friends and colleagues don’t trust the government. Considering how they’ve been treated for the past couple of centuries, why would they? Despite their distrust of the government, they’re still voting YES because it’s their only chance of having some say in matters that might improve their lot in life.
Most of them? How many you talking about? I've only got 1 indigenous mate. He's voting hard no. Go figure.
Fair enough, Burleigh. It would be difficult to have much empathy for the plight of Aboriginal people if your interactions with them are so limited.
I know it’s a serious debate but how’s the bragging rights ID will have if the Voice doesn’t get up
JB worried about Australia’s reputation. I think the minister for everyone already took care of that . Remember when people hoped the voice wouldn’t become a political football ? https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/aug/28/julie-bishop-say…
Say what? You're saying you're superior to myself because you're voting yes to show you have empathy for aboriginal people.
In that case, i'm voting no because i have empathy for them. The government has been nothing but horrible to our indigenous people and i don't trust them now.
Hey @AW what have you got to say to me? Should I also piss off? Also currently not a subscriber due to long term physical issues meaning I’m not surfing but getting closer each week in rehab…..
Nothing superior about me or you, Burleigh. We just see the world through different lenses.
GuySmiley. Hi mate. No, never, not at all, you’re a great contributor, always engaging and friendly, our shared love of art is real, interesting topics and perspectives on a whole range of subjects, most people bring plenty to offer, I’ve learnt heaps from the range of contributors, haven’t we all.
My piss off was simply a message for him that SWN forum topics are for genuine points of discussion , not for the retaliatory settlement of personal vendettas.
He was simply hijacking or using people as conduits to gain closer access to ignite a flame with Stu & Indo over matters in the past. Matters we have no need to discuss.
He obviously has an axe to grind. All the best .AW
Damn so tempted to sign up tonight just so i can wake up and jump on the cough up or piss off you freeloader train :P
Anyway hope you get the body sorted, no surfer deserves to be out of the water for too long, especially with the water ever so slowly warming up and the north easterly's kicking in. (just don't come down my way though :)
So, the Bud/AW bromance is over?
I don't think he was using you as a conduit AW. It's just the nature of the beast that is Herc. Deep down I reckon he's a decent bloke and has contributed countless great and informative posts, on various subjects, but as we know, he can and does get a little carried away with grievances with other parties on SN. Thankfully I have drawn very little fire from the big fella. Don't wish to start either.
I imagine you just made his shit list though.
Thanks @info, appreciate your kind words
Tubeshooter. Hi mate. There never was one, he simply engaged with me and the rest is history. I’ll saddle up with anyone if it involves discussing plants.
I thought we’d have a great discussion about plant matters on the Eyre Peninsula.
Fair points, he probably is, i don’t know him or about his past with others on here. He just decided he’d put the cat amongst the pigeons, it worked.
Others thought he just begun derailing good engaging topics to voice his grievances, again. I understand where they are coming from.
We all have opinions , you know the story, thoughts enter your brain, your heart beat rises quickly, you are trying your damn hardest to get points on the keyboard quickly before you forget them , you write something, upon reflection over time, maybe should’ve done better, geez I’ve done that a few times, competitive beasts at heart. It’s all fun, we are typing, spelling, researching, thinking grammatically, cross checking facts all that stuff, simple easy learning, I love it.
I’ve got keyboard diarrhoea if you haven’t noticed, have got a busted left hand, six weeks out of the water with four more to go. Can’t wait to get wet. All the best. AW
“ … Deep down I reckon he's a decent bloke and has contributed countless great and informative posts, on various subjects,..”
Roger that
G’day @AW I’m hoping you get to see this side of Bud1 also ….. and you get in the water soon :)
Probably is, i just don’t know much about him, there’s a certain degree of intelligence for sure, which one you get at any one time is everyones mystery.
Guy, me too, I’m sure he’s got lots to tell. Thanks for your encouragement about my hand, I could send you a photo but vomiting may ensue.
Time will tell i suppose, I’ve little to go on at this point in time. Hope its for the better. AW
SN love-in.
I'm a getting a bit teary.
This thread needed some positivity!
Peace out... :)
Honestly i dont care about that factor.
Personally i actually think its going to very hard for the No camp to win only chance they have is the yes camp dont get the numbers in the states.
This really is a battle of David and Goliath, the Yes camp have huge huge money they quite literally pay people and organisations to push the Yes vote (about $15K a pop )
The money that will flood into advertising soon for the Yes camp will be huge and advertising will be disingenuous and misleading it will focus on recognition and peddle complete falsehoods like Aboriginal people dont have a say on affairs or a voice and many people will just believe these things.
It will play on peoples heart's instead of their heads, and most people sadly wont do the further research needed, if they did the No vote would easily get up.
And by research im not saying taking any notice of anything the No camp say, but just listening to what those on the Yes side have been saying in the past and read the documents and wants of the Yes camp, all those things are much more damming than anything the No camp can ever say.
That said if the No camp does somehow win it will be a real win for democracy because it will show people wont be swayed by big money and advertising and big corporation or sports backing things.
BTW. The Yes camp never actually lose in this, they never lose anything they dont already have, and even in the case of a no vote they will still get the Voice put in policy just like it should be and we can see exactly how great it is or isnt, they just wont get the over the top political power and political disruption the Yes camp activist crave.
What will the indigenous Australians get from this vote?
How will they benefit and how will the white Australian government benefit?
Is it true that aboriginal stars are getting paid to promote the yes vote? Similar to how others got paid to promote the Covid vaccine?
From what i understand the indigenous Australians already have a voice in parliament. What will this vote do for the Aboriginal community that they don't already have?
It is true: More reason to vote NO
https://inqld.com.au/politics/2023/06/26/show-us-the-money-struggling-y…
Do you think Jacinta Price gets a little kick back from the IPA’s No campaign whilst also being on the public pay roll. I don’t know exactly but I’d guess there’s some bucks being splashed around on both sides.
Do you reckon Jacinta Price and Warren Mundine are getting paid for their efforts to maintain the status quo?
No i dont.
Indo, as far as the cash being splashed. Look at the list of Australia’s wealthiest people who are IPA members opposing the voice. I’m not sure but I’d hazard a guess that the No campaign is not under-funded by comparison to the Yes campaign.
That was strange. I’m not Burleigh. I didn’t reply to my question.
@AW , has anyone answered your question yet ?
.
Huh?
https://www.cpac.network/register2023
$7000 for the thrill of rubbing shoulders with the no elites, think Id rather spend that on a trip to the mentawi .
Here are four good reasons why I will vote yes.
1. If no gets up then we have just flushed a couple of billion bucks down the toilet.
2. Albos vague plan for a voice is more like a token pat on the head compared to what the extreme left activists are demanding from us invading murderers.
3. It will bring us into line with most other countries around the world in recognizing our FNP and their proud history.
4. Burleigh has done his research and is voting NO.
When are the 4 good reasons coming?
Just like Covid you think you’re a better man for voting yes. Because someone on TV told you it’s the right thing to do.
No vote will win
Anything worth having ain’t never coming easy ;)
Supafreak. Hi mate. No, NOT one at all. Typically dancing around the question, I’ve got my head in a great botany book today, just having the odd cursory glance at the lunatics in the asylum , nothing’s changed.
‘Cut & paste” crew going about their daily ritual.
NO ONE PERSON HAS ANSWERED MY INITIAL QUESTION.
You’ll be humoured for sure, The Twiggy Forest Show occurred over the weekend, with all the usual well paid participants.
Worth a look to see how archaic that behaviour is, like footy club mentality.
Arrives in an enormous mining dump truck like some frontier miner from the 30’s, flag waving to all his plebs , who individually and indirectly are mining out the red earth from below their feet and selling their souls for a very large pay packet, no wonder they love him.
They treat him like some demigod, all of this with the tune of AC/DC song, Thunderstruck in the background, puke. He thinks he’s some kind of hero, ask his ex wife what he is like !!!.
Jimmy Barnes played ‘Working Class Man’ ,. Does Twiggy need to be cuddled a bit more so we all think he came form nowhere, give me a break.
How much money does one person need, he couldn’t step away from his business, cost him his marriage.
Currently FNP whose land they are destroying are seeking $1Billion through the courts and are getting nowhere.
Whats new, nothings changed since Lang Hancock. AW
@AW , your question suddenly made them lose their voice.
Voice Polling Dates requires a Second First Nation Apology...
*18th July : AEC Referendum Pamphlet Released (Ltd Edition - English www Version Only)
*30th Aug : Referendum Called (45 days)
Today marks 46 days for AEC denying Pamphlet Translation for 20 maybe 15...Aboriginal Languages.
AEC : "Can take some time...as soon as practicable!"
AEC have biased 46 days...counting down 26 days to distribute Pamphlets to 20 1st Language Groups!
AEC (Reply!) We didn't know Aborigines were allowed to Vote!
(Again!) Where are UN / 4 corners / White VIP dumbarse media...(tbb is shocked...blatant AEC racism!)
*25th Sept : Remote Aborigines Voting begins
PM : "80% of Aborigines will Vote [YES]"
[Factcheck] 80% of Aborigines support whatever sneaky shit AEC are forever stalling to Translate.
Lost in Translation...not media nor [NO] Camp are awake to Albo's 80% Whopper! Wake up Australia!
Otherwise! PM is championing 80% illiterate First Nation Zombies...UN interjects about now! Wot!!!
*2nd Oct : Pre Poll (33 days)
*14th Oct : Poll Day (45 days)
Aboriginal Reffo Info
Rich White folk read Pamphlets for 71 days (vs) Aborigines don't got any?
How is that even remotely possible for an Aboriginal Referendum...
AEC : Require 100,000 Staff for Aboriginal Referendum.
AEC Staff require up to date Flu Shots / Covid Vax for Aged Care / Govt Facilities / Regional / Remote
Approx 1.4% of Australian Aborigines qualify to work in AEC Aboriginal Voice Referendum
None whatsoever are provided Reffo or Job description in any of First Nation 20 Languages
Typical Aussie Govt Institutions & Media : "It's a fair Election...Where not Racist!"
tbb : Proud not be associated with largest Intergalactic racist event! Like Wow Wipe Out!
If any still care...Boycott the Vote until First Nation can equally participate in Voice...Oops! Too late!
Best outcome...Pray UN are too goddamn white to notice 98.6-100% Racist Oz Referendum!
PM : " 80% of the 1.4% AEC Aboriginal Staff will Vote [YES]"...
Wot! Still no UN intervention...what level of racism does it take to intervene...huh!
On behalf of all Voice Voters ...Anarchist tbb offers an apology to First Nation Mob...never again!
Apology to Crew for outing #1 racist fuckers > AEC + Govt + UN + Media darlings
Clear to all that AEC / Govt just wanna mandate Direct Enrolment to lock in extra contractual terms!
Supafreak. maybe they need a Referendum for a Voice !!.
I’m pretty sure i know what the one word answer is, they are nervous and
too scared to go first with their admission.
On a brighter note for the future, I’m off to an awards night for young adults who have excelled in Conservation & Land Management courses. Cheerio.AW
I told him yesterday morning id answer his question when i got a chance.
But he told me not to bother, apparently i only cut and paste things here and dont offer up my opinions.
He hasn't had a dig at you though and you love your links and tweets etc
BTW. I dont have an issue with that, as long as its relevant to the conversation northing at all wrong with sharing articles, videos, tweets, even memes etc especially when its relevant news around this topic.